Today's midwife appt - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-07-2005, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well it almost didn't happen....it was rescheduled because there was a birth but the birth went really fast so she got back to the office in time...so they called me and I went in anyway.

It was pretty routine...nice because this week it was with the mw who delivered Sophia..she may or may not be at my birth..she has holidays booked in October which is why she is not my primary mw this time. So heartbeat was 135, measured at 35 wks(I have been a few days ahead the whole way, bp was normal...forget what it was,it's usually pretty low, urine was fine, no protein or glucose.

She also said baby's head is way way down..not 100% engaged but close...usually full engagement takes place in labour for women not having their first...of course baby may bounce up again but she thinks it's pretty settled in. I told her I could feel it..it happened about 2 days ago.

Of course I also forgot to mention that I have been having contractions for the last 2 days and that I have been nauseated and actually threw up this morning

So I got the homebirth supplies...but there was no list of the things I need to buy.

My next appt is in 2 weeks and then I have to see them every week after...I have the next 4 appts booked and that will take me to my due date...

we are rolling right along!

Oh and my next appt is my home visit..nice!
#2 of 3 Old 09-07-2005, 08:10 PM

Congrats on a great appointment!

Carolyn... I know you from somewhere else...
#3 of 3 Old 09-07-2005, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemaco
Congrats on a great appointment!

Carolyn... I know you from somewhere else...

Ok...I am so curious...I have no clue...I pm'd you!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page