I am just so done with this... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-07-2005, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 36 weeks, tired, irritable, achy, uncomfortable, and huge. I am just so done with this. I don't think I can make it another 4 weeks. And I'm so tired of these @#$% Braxton Hicks contractions. I'd better have a shorter labor from all these early contractions (last time was 44 hours). Anyway, just wanted to vent to someone who might be in the same place as I am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2005, 11:31 PM

AMEN, SISTER. I'm only 33 weeks, and every time I think about needing to make it another five weeks or more, I feel total despair. I am SO uncomfortable. It definitely is worse the second time. And I'm contracting all the time, too, often with strength that makes me need to stop what I'm doing to deal with it. And my labor was close to 38 hours, so I'm with you-- these sure as hell better make it easier this time.

SNARL.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:36 PM

I am so with you...and I am not even 35 wks! It's almost soon..in one week you are full term...then it's anytime!!!
Old 09-08-2005, 02:02 PM

i'm with you & i'm only 33 and a half weeks. I'm hoping for another early birth, the boys were all here by 37 weeks. We'll see. I am keeping my mind open to the fact that every pregnancy is different & I could very well go late with this little one.

aisling
Old 09-08-2005, 05:33 PM

another 33 1/2 weeker here, adding to the chorus of whines! I've never felt so done this early in a pregnancy! and dh will be out of town next week and I'll be alone with a 4 yo and a 2 yo, and this alien in my belly :LOL. whiiiiiiiine.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

well ds cooked for 41 weeks so i'm expecting to go long again. But you guys make me feel so much better. i was starting to feel ungrateful perhaps, like i should be in this state of bliss over the miracle that's about to come. but darn it, sometimes you just need to vent!
Old 09-08-2005, 09:00 PM

Hugs. I've been done for weeks!
Only now, I don't feel so achey and bad. Just a little tired and uncomfortable. It's more I"m just anxious to meet the little one.
Hang in there! Hopefully everything happens soon!

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

Old 09-08-2005, 10:08 PM

Seems we're all in good company! 36 weeks today and the thought of another 4 weeks is so depressing! I just want my body to feel able and strong again. I want to be able to run with my kids again and bend over to put my socks on. I want to be able to roll over in bed at night without it being a production and I want to be able sleep without a fortress of pillows surronding me! In other words, I have also had enough!

Czen
Old 09-08-2005, 10:31 PM

I agree with you all! I so want to sleep and rollover without huffing and puffing. I really miss my running/yoga/pilates body! And honestly, I'm sick of needing to constantly eat and panicking when I've forgotten to bring a snack and bottle of water! <Deep Breath> It will all be worth it when we have our little bundle of joys, ladies! Let's vow to continue to take care of ourselves!It's not worth it to fall apart now! .....as I put AWAY the Fudge Stripe cookies :

Jakob 10/12/2005...He thinks he's
Mollie 12/8/2008....Pure sweetness
Old 09-09-2005, 02:05 AM

mmmmmm cookies...i mean, argh, i'm with you ladies. 33 weeks here.

I realized today that i can no longer paint my toenails. So sad, lol. The last thing i did to make myself feel just a little bit pretty, and it's gone too, lmao.

My husband was rubbing my back the other day, and was surprised at my complete lack of a waist--he was all "wow, it doesn't go in AT ALL anymore..." he was amazed. Thanks hun.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:10 PM

Yesterday I was so over this pg.

I'm 34w1d and have been sooooo uncomfortable! This is baby #3 for me and I have swelling in my legs, my hands and they are developing carpal tunnel (numbness at the tips of my fingers), my back aches, my kids are driving me crazy, my poor dh is getting the grunt of it too...

I went to my 34w appt this morning and they said that I had high bp (again) but after I rested for 5 minutes it was really low then she checked the baby's position and head is down. The mw didn't measure me and didn't check the baby's hb. My weight was up 9lbs from 3 weeks ago-I was a little frightened with the swelling the weight gain, and the high bp... BUT after all that she said everything is looking good. So I feel renewed for a couple of days at least.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:15 PM

I want some of those cookies!!!!
Old 09-09-2005, 09:38 PM

Czen~ Please take them! I ate half the package last night, and the other half will be gone if you don't eat them. They are 2/$4 at Kroger, if one is near you....lol But seriously, take mine away from me!
Oh, and ladies, for all your aches and pains I know Summer has ended, but seek out a swimming pool. Our condo pool is luckily still open and it feels so wonderful to either float, or just walk around. It takes the weight off my back. I don't normally spend much time IN the pool, but this Summer the pool has been my heaven. Even better, I stretch by kind of squatting on the ladder. Kind of like I'm getting out, but I let my body hang in the water. It's such a great stretch!
A round of sympathy for all us!

Jakob 10/12/2005...He thinks he's
Mollie 12/8/2008....Pure sweetness
Old 09-10-2005, 07:57 AM

Sigh, I really know how you feel! I'm 35 weeks tomorrow and I feel horrible. I don't know how much longer I can last. It's so hard to do anything anymore with this huuuuuge stomach. Turning around in bed is like torture, getting out of bed is torture, putting on pants is torture, etc. But unlike alot of you mama's on the board this is my first and I'm really, really scared for it to be over.

loveeyes.gif Mama to a lively DD (10/05) energy.gifand DS (06/23) babyboy.gif!

Old 09-10-2005, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

elizaveta, i think its nature's way of making you want to stop being pregnant and start caring for your baby. it is a bit of a shock when you first become a mother but also an incredible experience, unlike any other. I remember feeling like I was born again as a new person, my former life fading in the distance...
Old 09-10-2005, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity
elizaveta, i think its nature's way of making you want to stop being pregnant and start caring for your baby. it is a bit of a shock when you first become a mother but also an incredible experience, unlike any other. I remember feeling like I was born again as a new person, my former life fading in the distance...
See now, that scares me. My "former life" is pretty good--nice husband, nice house, really no major complaints. What on Earth have I gotten myself into?!

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

Old 09-10-2005, 10:39 PM

I'm trying to savor this, my last pregnancy, but it's hard when everything aches so much. My hips feel like they're being p...u...l...l...e...d apart and it hurts! Sleeping is misery. It's hard to even turn my head around to back my car down the driveway; I've lost all ability to twist!

Plus, I have no interest in sex and I feel really bad for DH. We had a hard time getting our groove back after the last baby, what with co-sleeping, living with my parents, nursing, and healing from a tear. So we really need to get busy before the baby comes!
Old 09-10-2005, 11:00 PM

Quote:
See now, that scares me. My "former life" is pretty good--nice husband, nice house, really no major complaints. What on Earth have I gotten myself into?!
Yes, yes! I remember those exact feelings. Everything changes, and I think it's okay (important even) to grieve that. I wouldn't go back, but there are definitely times when I kind of yearn for the way things used to be. I understand feeling worried about losing a life and identity that are basically okay with you for something completely unknown. I don't think we allow mothers enough room to share or experience those feelings, but I think they're pretty universal.

Parenting is HARD. It's the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, period, and at the same time is the thing that has come most naturally to me. You're in for all the wonder you hear about, but also some tough times. Both are okay, although the tough times are certainly more anxiety-producing.

But here we all are, the mamas of more than one child in this DDC-- we've done it once (some even more), and we're doing it again. That's because it's a flat-out miracle to meet your own child, to see her grow and learn and develop, to hear what's going on in HER world, HER life, HER experience. It's so miraculous and astonishing that the shock and awe I felt at my daughter's birth have just never worn off. I have more patience now for waiting and seeing what life is going to bring me, more faith that things turn out basically okay most of the time, and more confidence that I can weather whatever storms I need to. You'll see. Motherhood will bring you all those gifts, too.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

didn't mean to scare you elizaveta, more like try to express how incredible it all is, i think rachelsg put it much better than i did!
Old 09-12-2005, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelGS
But here we all are, the mamas of more than one child in this DDC-- we've done it once (some even more), and we're doing it again.
Okay, this concept terrifies me. How could I possibly even think about going through this and taking care of a child, too. Plus, we're running out of room. I didn't like being an only child, but I can sure appreciate the idea of being the parent of one.

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

User Tag List