Rib loving baby anyone? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-09-2005, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else's baby firmly planted under their ribs?

This also happened with DS but it never occurred to me it would happen again...DUH I know! It just didn't though. DS was 22.5" long and nearly 9 lbs so I could understand why he needed the space.
He moved up under my right rib at 6 months TO THE DAY and didn't move until he was born, never dropped. My ribs were bruised for about six months after that.
This baby just moved in at the end of the seventh month....my own fault I am sure for being so thankful it hadn't moved up there. Proving me wrong. However I am miserable! This is so much worse then I remember it last time....it has wrapped around to my back and makes it painful to breath. Strange to that it moved up under the same rib DS did. I have five weeks of work left and it is THE worst thing for me having to sit straight up for 8 hours a day so by the end of the day even standing is very painful. Weekends are better because I can rest it by reclining or laying down and giving the baby more room.
Today I brought an ice pack to try and relieve some of the pain...I just seriously feel overwhelmed that I have to fight this for atleast another five weeks!
Am I the only one with a rib lover?
#2 of 5 Old 09-09-2005, 12:58 PM

( from november...YUP! my 1st loved to have his toes kinda intertwined in my ribbs.. owch! this one its the bum, or whole body it feels like. sometimes sitting is unbearable..it does incourage good posture though :LOL when it gets really bad i get on hands and knees and do some stretches and baby usualy moves down a bit..

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#3 of 5 Old 09-09-2005, 01:52 PM

This little one isnt too much in my ribs but they are SORE. My skin is red & irritated on the outside where I am obviously bruised on the inside. WHen she does get too close up to them the pain gets even worse. It's awful. I have had this the past three pregnancies, it's probably some kind of bruising that gets re-irritated each time or something. Always the same side. Yesterday it wasnt bothering me at all until I walked around the musuem pushing my sleeping 2 year old in the stroller. Thank goodness for heating pads!!!

aisling
#4 of 5 Old 09-12-2005, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

So just wondering if you had any problems up in that area between pregnancies?
Just a couple months before I got pregnant this time I had lots of pain up in that area....I saw dr's, got x-rays and ultrasound done on the area and it showed nothing....so then I got to wondering if it was from my pregnancy...
#5 of 5 Old 09-12-2005, 11:53 PM

My daughter parked her bum up up up in my right ribs.
This one, seems to finally be doing the same. She had been sideways for so long, I thought she'd never get head down. [much less stay there]
It's uncomfortable, but I'm dealing with it. It's not as bad as my first daughter's bum was!! :P

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page