Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
it's here! i suddenly thought to check last night. LOL

aisling
#2 of 14 Old 09-09-2005, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tell me about it! My toddler was ecstatic after the colostrum started arriving a few weeks ago. She's been making a valiant effort to keep nursing all through this pregnancy, without much reward since my milk ran out around week 20. She was thrilled by the arrival of "little milk" (she calls it), and weirdly, her behavior has regressed probably a whole year for things like nighttime sleep patterns. Wow, I wonder how much further she'll regress once the milk really comes in after Baby comes. Scary.

Has anyone noticed the bovine colostrum they sell in natural food stores? ICK. That just seems so sad and gross---shouldn't those little baby cows be getting that? (No, that is NOT NOT NOT meant as a criticism to you dairy lovers! I love dairy myself. But bovine colostrum? Just rubs me the wrong way as a lactating mommy.)
#3 of 14 Old 09-09-2005, 04:46 PM

oh yeah...Sophia has been nursing quite a bit more recently and she had almost weaned...but not now...she told me it tasted "nice"

Bovine colustrum...eeeewww!
#4 of 14 Old 09-09-2005, 07:48 PM

yep mine is in and clear. No nurslings here though dd weaned at around April... can't wait to have a new one
#5 of 14 Old 09-09-2005, 08:24 PM

Hmm, I'm 36 weeks and still nothing, even if I try to make something happen. Should I be worried?
#6 of 14 Old 09-09-2005, 08:44 PM

i leak whenever a baby cries! yikes! guess my breasts are ready to be working girls again!
#7 of 14 Old 09-09-2005, 08:50 PM

Lots of colostrum for me, too! Bookworm, don't worry. It will be here in time for your baby's birth! Your body knows exactly how to do it. I'm definitely having colostrum a lot earlier this time than I did in my first pregnancy.
#8 of 14 Old 09-09-2005, 10:44 PM

Bookworm, don't worry. It's normal for you not to get anything out during pregnancy. Just you wait until she's born, then you'll see your breasts work just fine.

I have colostrum too. I'm glad, because I was dried up for so long, it hurt when Eva nursed. Now there's stuff in there, and I can even hear her swallow sometimes.

Yay colostrum! :P

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#9 of 14 Old 09-09-2005, 10:59 PM

Im 33 weeks and have no signs of colustrum. Im wondering if its slower this time around since DD weaned when i was about 4 months along. Im thinking my ladies are striking til the absolute last second and taking the break lol! With DD i was leaking the bed every night by 28 weeks. I was worried then realized hey, i get to take a break from nursing pads.

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
#10 of 14 Old 09-10-2005, 12:33 AM

I started making colostrum like 2 months ago, Jakob was able to get some out but he started sucking on me like mad trying to get more and more and I was so sore. I usually can't squeeze any out now, and Jakob doesn't really nurse anymore. He cuddles the boobs, and sometimes he puts his mouth on there for a second but doesn't actually try to get anything. I think my breasts are taking a break until the baby arrives, I haven't been able to express anything like I could when it first came in...I know I'm making it though, sometimes my nipples are sligthly crusty :LOL

#11 of 14 Old 09-10-2005, 12:47 AM

I noticed that my milk changed to colostrum around week 20. I saw some dribble out of DS's mouth. But it hurt like the dickens to nurse. Well, he's weaned now anyway. I'm so excited to become a nursing mom again. It's so great.
#12 of 14 Old 09-10-2005, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyler
Has anyone noticed the bovine colostrum they sell in natural food stores? ICK. That just seems so sad and gross---shouldn't those little baby cows be getting that? (No, that is NOT NOT NOT meant as a criticism to you dairy lovers! I love dairy myself. But bovine colostrum? Just rubs me the wrong way as a lactating mommy.)
I know someone who lives out by some dairy farmers and from what she tells me it's a darn good thing they sell bovine colostrum. She often rescues baby cows that were thrown off the farm, separated from their mothers shortly after birth and left to starve. That's the way they treat them I guess. I was horified to learn this.

On a happier note, I also have colostrum, which is a huge relief since Atticus has been sucking me dry since around 22 weeks. He seems to really like the taste of it because his nursing sessions have definitely increased.

Susan~Mama to Atticus (2003), Creeley (2005), Townsyn (2007) and a fourth boy on the way in 2011!
#13 of 14 Old 09-10-2005, 06:46 AM

It seems like my breasts haven't change at all since the beginning of my pregnancy. They used to be super sore, the nipples darkened, they went up a cup size or so, etc. And then... nothing! They don't feel hard in any way. They actually feel more "loose" than usual! And no sign of anything milky. I keep getting worried about 'Ohmygosh, what if nothing comes?!' :

loveeyes.gif Mama to a lively DD (10/05) energy.gifand DS (06/23) babyboy.gif!

#14 of 14 Old 09-10-2005, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm
Hmm, I'm 36 weeks and still nothing, even if I try to make something happen. Should I be worried?

nope, leave things alone...I have never leaked or seen a sign of colostrum when pregnant but it's always there when baby comes...only reason I know this time is because Sophia told me. If she werent' nursing I wouldn't see a thing...I am lucky...because I have loads of milk but after the first few week no milk leaks either..it's great...no nursing pads!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page