33.5 weeks is supposed to feel like this? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 09-09-2005, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well today i took dd to the park for 2 hours and then ran to the store for about 30 minutes to look for curtains when i realized if i took another step i would burst into a million peices. The baby has dropped (or maybe im just carrying lower) and my giney and pelvis feel like i did when i was overdue with dd. You know the achy, bowling ball, gonna explode pain feeling? This is honestly my first complaint of this pregnancy and i HATE to whine. Do you think maybe its because its a 2nd preggy my uterus is just not as tight and therefor shes lower sooner? Or do i just notice it more now cuz its a 2nd preggy? And will she move back up? All i keep thinking is that i dont know how im going to survive this excruciating pain for 6.5 more weeks at the least!!!

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 09-10-2005, 06:49 AM

I get the same feeling. Sometimes I almost freak out and get scared and all that and wonder how I'm going to go through the rest of these last weeks. I've been fairly miserable most of the time.

Though it does sound like it makes sense that you could feel more because it's your second pregnancy. I hope you feel better!

loveeyes.gif Mama to a lively DD (10/05) energy.gifand DS (06/23) babyboy.gif!

#3 of 12 Old 09-10-2005, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
mine started feling like that at just under 28 weeks. I know what you mean. You do survive, but you sure do b!tch a lot, and it really gets excrucating to sit on your wooden kitchen chairs for a whole meal, or ride in the car for more than about a half hour at a time. :-P

Everyone kept telling me "oh baby can still come out and flip around right up until you have her", and , well, she never has. She is perfectly happy nestled at 0 station, right where she's been, for about 8 weeks now.

I cant wait to push, I swear. LOL!
#4 of 12 Old 09-10-2005, 11:18 AM

This is my second pregnancy as well and you described exactly what I started feeling around 30 weeks also! I keep telling everyone, I don't remember hurting this much down there during my first pregnancy! It feels like my pelvic muscles are ripping and my inner thighs...ugh. And getting up from sitting and rolling over in bed...

Oh, and last night I went to the grocery store w/ my dd. My dh had a meeting so I thought it would we could just go by ourselves. I don't know WHAT I was thinking. I got home and realized that I had to cary everything up stairs by myself. So, after the shopping trip, and 4 trips up and down stairs with groceries, at 9:30 at night...I definately thought I was breakig into pieces!! (I slept great though, for the first time in days!)

It must be a subsequent pregnancy thing. I just have to take it a day at a time. And of course moan or sigh evertime I try and move! :LOL

Sorry to hear you are going through this. But at least you are already 33 weeks!

--Jennifer
#5 of 12 Old 09-10-2005, 12:50 PM

warning: it happens even faster on the 3rd pregnancy! this started at about 25 weeks this time, and at about 30 weeks last time.
#6 of 12 Old 09-10-2005, 01:09 PM

This is the first pregnancy I really have any pelvic pain/pressure that I can think of. I don't know, maybe I just don't remember?? But I keep an online diary through each one (except the first) and I went back and read and hadn't mentioned it in the others. It is killing me. I try to get out of bed and cant do it without being in pain. Forget about walking, we went to the musuem thursday & the mall yesterday (my sister works there & i wanted to bring her birthday present to her) and I was in soo much pain afterwards - beetween my legs, pelvis area, ribs, back, etc. Just sore all over. Heating pads and not moving (HA) seem to help a lot. I'm 34 weeks tommorow & this has been going on for about two weeks now.

My husband told me this morning "You're whiney" well! You try doing this!!!! i told him i'll be whiney till she's here & Im not apologizing for it. hehe.

aisling
#7 of 12 Old 09-10-2005, 08:00 PM

My daughter follows me around the house saying I walk funny and procedes to walk like duck behind me. Gotta love it!!!!
#8 of 12 Old 09-11-2005, 12:14 AM - Thread Starter

While im extremely sorry you all are in as much pain, its a relief to know im not being a wimp or over analyzing everything i feel. Maybe we'll all get lucky and go early (yeah i know i wont lol but hey)!!! And im betting it is related to how many preggies you've had. Maybe im going to rethink another one lol. Thanks ladies

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
#9 of 12 Old 09-11-2005, 03:59 PM

i've got this same feeling. at first i thought it was contractions because i felt so much pressure on my cervix and pelvic bone but my uterus wasn't hard. i think the baby just dropped really low. its painful when i sit down because of the pressure on my pelvis. i definitely did not feel this with my first. 3 more weeks of this pain!! ugh. it just seems so unfair, i expect pain with the labor but not weeks of pain before hand, whine....
#10 of 12 Old 09-11-2005, 09:05 PM

[QUOTE=EmoMom]Everyone kept telling me "oh baby can still come out and flip around right up until you have her", and , well, she never has. She is perfectly happy nestled at 0 station, right where she's been, for about 8 weeks now.
QUOTE]
I hope you don't believe them... babies are top heavy and it's very hard for them to flip back up once they're down :LOL
#11 of 12 Old 09-12-2005, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda2b2
My daughter follows me around the house saying I walk funny and procedes to walk like duck behind me. Gotta love it!!!!

Susan~Mama to Atticus (2003), Creeley (2005), Townsyn (2007) and a fourth boy on the way in 2011!
#12 of 12 Old 09-12-2005, 04:27 PM

Moan...ugh...
That's how I've been feeling too!
34 weeks today, and hoping that we follow the current trend of fast early deliveries around here.

My pubic bone hurts so much today, and I have no idea why...interior pelvic pains, turning over at night, just walking hurts right now!

Ack! I never whine, but boy I sure feel like it today! My back is aching, my feet are fat, and I'm going swimming, if for no other reason than to just be weightless for a little while!

Get Grounded! Regain your mental clarity, energy, and vibrance!

I am a wellness consultant, professional herbalist, and doula.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page