SEVERE pain, ligaments? what? help! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-15-2005, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
this is the 2nd time this week already. it also happened about a month ago, and I know it was a pulled ligament then, because I had sorta 'ran' to the car that morning without thinking, and probably damaged the muscle. well, this time its on the other side, and its the 2nd time this week and I didnt do anything to mess it up.

I have been doing normal activites. I just left the house with Veronica to go get the mail, its about 1/4 a mile walk, if even that. I made it half way there and then it 'hit' me like, and its worse than its ever been. I could hardly make it to the boxes, and when i did, I sat on the bench and that didnt even provide any relief. I dont know how i got home...

I was just bragging to my sister this morning how great I felt, and I didnt even feel pregnant..let alone due in around 6 weeks. i guess i learned my lesson :roll:

what can I do??? its so bad, this post probably doesnt even make sense. it definitely feels like something is torn. its not a labor or baby thing, and its only on the one side, really low and long pain right where my belly is at its farthest out (does that make sense)
I need to stop this from happening. it NEVER happened with Veronica, and I am measuring normal, i think, so its not because my belly is excessively large or anything....maybe the baby dropped or something, and its pulling downward too much? does that make sense?

I have one of those 'braces' like a strap that goes around your back and belly, but thats more for your back..would that help keep my belly from moving around so much so that maybe the muscles cant get outta wack.

I have my dd's birthday party next weekend, and soooo much work to do for that...we have to go get a couch tonight (I am not lifting it, lol...I just have to go with him) besides the normal stuff that has to get done..I really cant have this happening.

not to sound crazy, but when its at its worse, all I can do is cry. its that bad. I didnt even cry once when i was in labor with Veronica (till i got to the hospital of course, but thats becasue they were jerks )...and that was back labor. just to try to explain how extremely awful this pain is.

I KNOW some of you have had this, so what did you do about it? i dont even care that i sound like an incredible baby right now :cry:
#2 of 3 Old 09-15-2005, 03:29 PM

Is it round ligamnet pains. they are sort of above you hip bone and hold your uterus up. If it is that I have got them horrible with my last two pregnancies. I started getting them with this one about 3 months ago and they have just got worse. I don't think there is anything you can do about it. The pain is horrific though. I get them a lot at night if I roll a certain way or move to quick. They hurt so bad that I can't even move to get out of the position. I'm like a big fat beached whale. lol
#3 of 3 Old 09-15-2005, 05:36 PM

I've been getting them off and on for weeks, and pretty bad the last few days.
My midwife said to just hold my belly when I do quick movements, or roll over and such.
BLAH. They don't feel good at all! (hugs) to you!

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page