Do you think your baby will come 'early,' 'late,' or right on your due date? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 09-19-2005, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't want to curse myself, but I won't be suprised if I go a couple of weeks early. I feel sooooo done at only 35 weeks, and since this is the first pregnancy that I think has been accurately dated, I'm pretty sure that I went at about 38 weeks (as opposed to right at 40, like the OB dated it) with my last two pregnancies.

Just watch, now I'll still be pregnant at the end of November :LOL
#2 of 23 Old 09-19-2005, 08:38 PM

I always assume I'll go early because I have every other time. So yes, I think she'll be here in two or three weeks.

It's funny, after that "im so done with this" thread last week I am feeling a LOT better this week. Less pain, etc. That makes me feel the end has to be near : )

aisling
#3 of 23 Old 09-19-2005, 08:54 PM

I know my dates are accurate, so I kind of have a feeling he will be close to on time. I'm thinking within two days (before or after) edd. maybe just wishful thinking

Happily married, Waldorf-inspired homeschooler to Kylan (8yo), Everest (6yo), and Bodhi (2yo)
#4 of 23 Old 09-19-2005, 09:00 PM

Wishful thinking tells me i will go early and be lucky to make it to 38 weeks with all the preterm scares and leaking we've had. But with my luck, ill probably go overdue a week just like i did with dd!

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
#5 of 23 Old 09-19-2005, 09:10 PM

i'm guessing my baby will be a couple of days late; my son was 4 days late, and my daughter was 2 days late.
#6 of 23 Old 09-19-2005, 10:01 PM

I think I will go early as well. My daughter was born at 38 weeks, but like Eclipse, I'm just feeling so DONE at 35 weeks. I'm contracting a lot and the baby is very low in my pelvis and in a good position for birth. I just don't think going another five weeks is very likely (and that's fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnne with me!).
#7 of 23 Old 09-19-2005, 10:36 PM

I just did a poll about this in my online blog and twelve people answered so far their guess. Five said early, five said late and two said on time! My doctor thinks it'll be early. I think I'll be on time or late. Hopefully anyway! I'm already 36 weeks and I highly doubt it'll be this week or even next.

loveeyes.gif Mama to a lively DD (10/05) energy.gifand DS (06/23) babyboy.gif!

#8 of 23 Old 09-20-2005, 02:39 AM

I'm guessing early, but this is our first so who knows? Doc thinks I'll be going early, as I was already 3 cm dialated, and 75% eff (I think) at 36 weeks. This was at last weeks appt, so we'll see what happens now that I'm at 37 weels. I'm going to ask her about the stationing the next time I see her, as from what I understand this will give a better indication of when to expect labor than simply dialation and effacement. Until then, I'm trying not to drive myself too crazy with the speculations! :LOL
#9 of 23 Old 09-20-2005, 03:43 AM

I used to think she'd be early, but then I started thinking she'd be late. Now, I'm hoping she'll be early, but have no feelings that she's on her way yet. :|

So *shrug*!
My sister and BIL think she'll be here before the 26th.

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#10 of 23 Old 09-20-2005, 09:53 AM

I'm thinking early, but who knows? My first 2 were 38 1/7 and the third was 39 1/7. I would be very happy if s/he came early. I am feeling good and love being pregnant, but just anxious to meet this little one.

Patti
#11 of 23 Old 09-20-2005, 10:21 AM

I know she will come early. I was just at my OB office this morning for my 35 week appt. and I am 2 1/2 cm dilated. My OB thinks the baby will be here before 38 weeks (I had my last two at 38 weeks 1 day so this one is following the same pattern).
#12 of 23 Old 09-20-2005, 10:23 AM

I know she will come early. I was just at my OB office this morning for my 35 week appt. and I am 2 1/2 cm dilated. My OB thinks the baby will be here before 38 weeks (I had my last two at 38 weeks 1 day so this one is following the same pattern).

Melanie

Mommy to Sarah (8), Chloe (7), Alyssa (2) and Kellie (due Oct. 24th).
#13 of 23 Old 09-20-2005, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My first was 7 lbs 5 oz and born at 37 weeks 2 days.
My second was 9 lbs 4 oz and born at 39 weeks 3 days.

This baby is between 7 lbs 8 oz and 8 lbs by midwife's uterine palpation (far more accurate than an ultrasound, in my opinion). So she is on target to be at least as big or bigger than my second if she is born between 39 and 40 weeks. Since I have never gone to my due date, I dont think it's silly to assume I wont go to my due date this time, but you never know.

I have so many symptoms Ive never had before, and I have felt full term for weeks now. But hey, I keep not having the baby, so why would I suddenly have it this week? I really do wake up every day and think "I cant beleive I havent gone into labor yet" because I feel like Ive been full term for so long.

As far as when I want baby to come... I want baby to come when I am completely effaced and about half dilated, whenever that is!
#14 of 23 Old 09-20-2005, 11:05 AM

my first 2 were a day after my due date

sophia was born 16 days after my due date.

If Ididn't have the other 3 pregnancies I would say this baby will be here within the next 2 weeks...

But I have lost the faith :LOL

So I say after my due date...

I sure do hope I am wrong...I am sooooooooo done!
#15 of 23 Old 09-20-2005, 11:27 AM

My previous three have come right on their due dates. But with this one I think we set the date 3 days early. So even though I'm officially due on the 6th I am thinking somewhere between the 6th & 9th. But that seems forever away! I want pregnancy to be a past memory that I can see through my rose coloured glasses because I'm really not enjoying the reality of it!

Czen
#16 of 23 Old 09-20-2005, 11:59 AM

You know, I have been thinking 2 weeks early this time but it's looking more and more like it will be on the due date. DS was born exactly on the due date figured by LMP (they had re-figured the date by ultrasound which had it a week later). I'm getting the feeling it may be the same this time....but it's only 10 days away according to LMP, 11 days away according to the actual conception time. So no matter what, it is going to be soon.

#17 of 23 Old 09-20-2005, 12:30 PM

I think my baby will be late, people say first babies are usually late..
#18 of 23 Old 09-20-2005, 12:37 PM

I really really hope to go early, this time! By early I mean, 40 weeks or less!! My first three were 42-weekers, ugh, if I have to be this huge for four more weeks I think I'll go LOCO. I've been 1 CM for weeks, 50% effaced, cervix showing no other signs of readiness or change, and still Baby is not engaged. This as of yesterday. I'm 38 weeks now.

The OB even did a quick ultrasound yesterday because the baby had been changing position so much, he wanted to be sure the little cub is still head down! S/he is...yeahh!!

I wish I would have this baby tomorrow. But i guess they really don't come until they're ready, do they? Bless their tiny little hearts.
#19 of 23 Old 09-20-2005, 04:05 PM

I'm thinking early. I know my conception date was about 5 days earlier than what it was "supposed" to be according to using the LMP system. I've been feeling my cervix stretching the last couple days, and I'm getting more frequent BHs throughout the day. I'm still thinking we'll make it until about 38 weeks or so. My daughter was born 39 weeks to the day.

Get Grounded! Regain your mental clarity, energy, and vibrance!

I am a wellness consultant, professional herbalist, and doula.

#20 of 23 Old 09-20-2005, 04:33 PM

LMP is useless dating for me (irregular and/or nursing) so we go by US. And last time, I went into labor on my due date, and delivered the next day.

So I'm thinking right on time again. I'm still working so I CANNOT go early. No September baby!

On the other hand, there is a big family wedding Oct. 14 and I really want to be there. I just keep thinking it will be more fun as a really PG woman, instead of a sore, tired, leaking new mom. Plus, I feel like my baby is much safer inside me and not around everybody else's cooties.
#21 of 23 Old 09-20-2005, 09:32 PM

i think late, ds went to 41 weeks exactly. my mom said her first (me) was 41 weeks and 2nd was 40 1/2 weeks. So I'm thinking a little past my due date--maybe Oct. 7th (due oct 3rd). On the one hand, I'm so done with this and want baby out, on the other hand it would be nice for ds to have a few more weeks to get settled at preschool before another change rocks his world.
#22 of 23 Old 09-20-2005, 10:54 PM

How does right now sound?? I'm so completly done being pregnant. I need to work out again I need to ride my horse again (thankfully I was able to ride til 7 months when I just got too big) and oh god with the emotions I've been having, I really need a glass of wine! lol, like I told my husband recently, "the time in your life when everything feels out of control and you act like a nut case and you need a drink the most, AND YOU CAN'T HAVE ONE!!" (this was spouted off between laughter and tears as I tore through my clothes just trying to find something to fit) Seriously though, she feels ready and I feel ready. I can tell she's quite low and she's been pressing against my hips, it feels like she's trying to escape. I really think I'll go early. At least she's stopped kicking under my ribs, that's quite painful. She likes beating me up from the inside. I swear this is one strong baby, when she kicks she can move my entire 235 lb body. She also kicks so hard when I lay behind my husband at night, he'll wake up from pain cause she kicked him in the back. She is going to be one little powerhouse.
#23 of 23 Old 09-21-2005, 08:05 AM

I sense that this baby will be born early, I'm 37 weeks today, but I really would prefer to wait until Oct. 10th or so.

I've never had an early baby, so wrapping my mind around that has been interesting.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page