stretch marks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 09-21-2005, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
who has them?

I got some on my hips and inner thighs when Ihad my first dd nearly 15 years ago..and 4 on my lower belly..yep 4...

with my second the same marks got red/purple again but didn't get any more

with my third...they didn't even get red again
and same with this one...so far.

My friend said it's very unusual and that she got more and more with each pregnancy

What is your experience?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 09-21-2005, 09:47 AM

I got rainbow red strechmarks. They're so bad that I decided to stop putting things on them to make them stop 'growing'... just some lotion, so my belly wouldn't itch.
Wanna see a pic? :LOL
#3 of 14 Old 09-21-2005, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter

yeah..because I am curious...what are "rainbow" stretchmarks... :LOL ..are they different colours? :LOL
#4 of 14 Old 09-21-2005, 09:55 AM

:LOL
I really was kidding about sharing pics. I don't even let my mw see them unless it's necessary. They're all different shades of reds, like from white, pink, red, maroon, then brown-ish...
If they don't go away after I give birth, I'd claim they're my tie-dye tattoo :LOL
#5 of 14 Old 09-21-2005, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oetien
:LOL
If they don't go away after I give birth, I'd claim they're my tye-dye tattoo :LOL
:LOL :LOL

now I get it...
#6 of 14 Old 09-21-2005, 01:42 PM

I got strech marks with my first pregnancy, all on the lower belly below the belly button.They were very bright red and itchy and have since faded to a silvery white color. I didn't get any new ones really this time...just now in the last week some of my old ones are expanding to a bit above my belly button so they are read a the top only but the old ones are still the silvery white :LOL . I also have a few strechmarks from last time on the hips and boobs from last time, but no new ones there.

#7 of 14 Old 09-21-2005, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allgirls
who has them?

I got some on my hips and inner thighs when Ihad my first dd nearly 15 years ago..and 4 on my lower belly..yep 4...

with my second the same marks got red/purple again but didn't get any more

with my third...they didn't even get red again
and same with this one...so far.

My friend said it's very unusual and that she got more and more with each pregnancy

What is your experience?

My experience is similar to yours - I had a few stretch marks on my hips from a jr. high growth spurt & didn't get stretch marks in pregnancy until the last week or two (and even then - just a few) I did use cocoa butter, but my weight gain was huge! (60+ lbs) so I guess it just comes down to heredity and your skin type.
#8 of 14 Old 09-21-2005, 04:51 PM

I didn't get any on my belly with my daughter.
But slowly, they started creeping up on me for this pregnancy. They are all on my lower belly and above my hips. it seems they have stopped showing up for now. they were bright purpley-red, but now they are not-so-bright purpley red :P

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#9 of 14 Old 09-21-2005, 10:58 PM

i have the silvery kind all over (belly, butt, thighs, boobs, etc) but i'm really, really pale, so they're really not noticable, lol. My OBs LPN (a guy) even made a comment about my lack of stretch marks, lol, which made me laugh cause i really have several. I have two or three little red ones on my belly that are new for this pregnancy, but i think the rest have been there since my first.
#10 of 14 Old 09-23-2005, 11:48 PM

I got afew with ds on my upper thighs and lower tummy. With this baby I have them all over my stomach it looks like the commercials for the creames,
#11 of 14 Old 09-24-2005, 05:35 AM

I got a stretch mark boob attack. : All over. It looks like a tiger attacked me. I got a few littles ones here and there like on my thighs and I have two tiny ones on my stomach. The ones on my boobs are hideous though! I can't even wear low-cut blouses anymore because if I bend over too much the whole world will be able to see!

loveeyes.gif Mama to a lively DD (10/05) energy.gifand DS (06/23) babyboy.gif!

#12 of 14 Old 09-24-2005, 02:32 PM

I just got stretch marks! Well, rather I'm sure I just now noticed them. My doc mentioned that I had a few at my last appointment, but that they would fade postpartum. When I took a bath later that day, I looked and sure enough, there are some faint marks around my belly button. However, if I squeeze my skin together, they become quite a bit pronounced. They look really cool, though I don't know how I'll feel about it when they really start showing, when I'm no longer pregnant. Still, I thought I would get away with it. I went 36 weeks without any noticeable stretch marks!
#13 of 14 Old 09-24-2005, 02:44 PM

I have them all over my thighs now! What gives?! I'm not carrying a baby in my thighs!! :LOL
My lower lower belly has lots more too. I swear, they popped up yesterday, overnight!
And since being pregnant, the old stretchmarks on my breasts from my daughter, are far more noticeable even though they are now silvery white.
Oh well. I take it as a sign that baby is big and healthy.

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#14 of 14 Old 09-24-2005, 07:18 PM

Actually, I've been thinking it was kinda weird that I haven't got a ton of new ones. Still have the silvery white ones from my first pregnancy, but so far so good. I'm glad others are mentioning this, cause I didn't know if it was normal or not.

Guess I was already all stretched out

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page