LONG latent phase/prodromal labor - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 10-09-2005, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm getting tired. I've been having inconsistent contractions since Friday morning. They've been anywhere from 2-15 minutes apart, but haven't ever completely let up. I've been able to sleep through them, although I woke up about every hour last night.

I did this with my last baby, but I was really hoping not to do this again. I just wanted to ignore the 'easy' contractions until they weren't "ignorable" anymore. :LOL

I've been drinking RRL tea, and drinking plenty of fluids, and trying to stay as active as possible during the day and rest at night. Now that it's getting 'more real', I'm getting anxious to meet my little guy, but I wouldn't mind waiting until my due date if the contractions would go away altogether.
#2 of 13 Old 10-09-2005, 10:53 AM

Ick. I hope it means that your labor will just cruise right along when it actually gets going. I've been doing what you describe since very early morning-- lots and lots of contractions, some rather fierce, but no progression and mostly just tight and achy.

If you're inclined to try to get this moving, you might try homeopathic caulophyllum or gelsemium today. That might work.
#3 of 13 Old 10-09-2005, 10:57 AM

my latent phase lasted 2 days. i didnt realize that was what it was at the time (good thing too, i probably would have driven myself crazy), i just thought i was all achy because i had just started up a new semester and had to sit all day. once i got into active labor, it only took 8 hours for him to be born.

hugs mama! youre gonna have a baby soon!

Mom to two perfect kids earth.gif  surrogate to two sweetpotatos heartbeat.gifheartbeat.gif born 4.21.11  

I love someone with ataxia telangiectasia http://www.atcp.org

#4 of 13 Old 10-09-2005, 11:08 AM

I am up early because I have been having some achiness and belly tightening irregularly too.
I hope things get moving for you soon!!

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#5 of 13 Old 10-09-2005, 12:50 PM

Me too...

Only mine come every other night. They haven't been strong enough to keep me totally awake, nor can I fully sleep through them. They show up in my dreams. (Dreamt I was in labor, gave birth at home, and had a little girl *u/s said boy* for instance.)

Sometimes I'll get a few an hour in the daylight and on inactive nights, but every other night, they're about 5 minutes apart.

Been happening for a week now. I keep hoping this means I won't go too far past my due date this time. But who knows?

Here's some true labor vibes to you and me both!!!
#6 of 13 Old 10-09-2005, 01:04 PM

I can relate, I've spent the last two weeks waking everyday wondering if this was going to be THE day. It would be nice if the contractions would either get stronger or just stop till it's really time. It is emotionally exhausting!! I've been trying to stay rested, hydrated, etc.

Hope things kick in for ALL of us going through this SOON ! ! !

aisling
#7 of 13 Old 10-09-2005, 06:42 PM

I've been dealing with prodomal for days now. Some contractions are quite painful, but nothing that has sent me into active labor.

Patience is a virtue I guess. This is my third baby and my EDD was 10/1 but that is long gone.

All I have to say is that he better be cute.
#8 of 13 Old 10-09-2005, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

Well I'm glad to know I'm not alone, but I'm sorry so many of us have to deal with the frustration. It wouldn't be so bad, but I let my support people know I was contracting Friday, and now they're afraid to leave me alone for fear I'll have the baby without them. :LOL

And yeah, the little bugger had better be cute.
#9 of 13 Old 10-09-2005, 07:46 PM

Yep, I'm way past over the contractions that don't go anywhere. I was saying to my dh that I might just find myself with a UC because I don't believe they're real after this long of having them day after day (and some nights).

It's so hard not to count the minutes though! Or wait for the next one! I could ignore them at 39 weeks but not at 42.
#10 of 13 Old 10-10-2005, 04:08 PM

I am also wondering if i will end up with an unplanned UC as i've had waves every night for over the past week and signs of labor for the last 2 lol!! I seriuosly dont think i'll believe its the real deal once its 'time'!!! Of course i also dont want to call my midwives unless im 100% sure its the real deal, so we shall see. Good luck to everyone and may it just mean we all have peaceful, short, and smooth births!!!

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
#11 of 13 Old 10-11-2005, 02:04 PM

THANK GOD I found this thread! It feels so good to know that I'm not alone. I have been having contractions on and off for over a week, and a few times I REALLY felt that "this was it"
What really sucks is that my family is all on pins and needles now and asking me every five minutes if I'm still having contractions. Well, yes but not strong enough to start "real" labor, so stop asking!
My due date is 10/21, so I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that I could have a lot more rough nights from now until my baby's birthday.
Patience, relaxation, surrender, all those good words to keep floating around to keep me sane!
#12 of 13 Old 10-11-2005, 02:08 PM

I went through the on again off again for three weeks with my first. When I finally went into labor fully with her it took only five hours to have her. Same thing with my son only three hours that time.
#13 of 13 Old 10-11-2005, 02:14 PM

Thank you! Hopefully that will be the case with all of us! My midwife reminds me that all of this isn't for nothin', since all of these contractions ARE softening the cervix, so it makes sense that it would help for a speedy labor.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page