Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wondering how everyone is doing so thought I would ask

Those who are pregnant

How many weeks/days are you now?

Any signs of impending labour?

How are you feeling?

Any appointments/tests coming up?

Anything you want to add?

Those who have babies already(I am really jealous)

How old is the wee one now?

How is nursing going?

How are you healing? Any "blue" feelings?

How are your other children adjusting if you have any?

Do you have enough help/support?

Anything you would like to add?
#2 of 17 Old 10-10-2005, 03:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How many weeks/days are you now? 41 weeks and 2 days

Any signs of impending labour? Prodomal labor and mucous (same as the last 2 weeks).

How are you feeling? Pissed off at the moms who have already had their babies. LOL

Any appointments/tests coming up? Nope.

Anything you want to add? Best wishes that we all have safe and happy babies, and easy labors!!!

(I'm not really po'd, just jealous. insanely jealous. ).
#3 of 17 Old 10-10-2005, 03:46 PM

How many weeks/days are you now? 39 weeks 7 days.

Any signs of impending labour? only prodromal... suck...

How are you feeling? this sinus infection has been around for two weeks, and I actually broke down and cried in the middle of a horrible coughing spell that resulted in me vomitting...

Any appointments/tests coming up? nope. Just waiting for the real contrax to start.

Anything you want to add? DH is taking a new job next Monday... I could use some prayers, candles, energy, good thoughts that this baby comes before then...
#4 of 17 Old 10-10-2005, 03:47 PM

How many weeks/days are you now? 38 weeks, 1 day - you have set your record baby, now come OUT!

Any signs of impending labour? prodromonal labor. contractions started feeling different yesterday, more of a build up. realized she is posterior this morning & i've been doing hands - knees, pelvic tilts, sitting on the birth ball, etc. Anything to encourage turning because if this is taking so long because of her position. . . she needs to move! Having a laptop has been a disadvantage, as i've spent a lot of time reclining in bed!

How are you feeling? tired. ready for her to come.

Any appointments/tests coming up? Nope. I should have a 38 week appointment but the van is being weird so my husband doesn't want me to go that far today. He is going to look at it tonight & I will probably head out there tommorow & possibly see the chiro while i am there, also.

Anything you want to add? i'm tired. i want my baby girl. My son & i read Angel In The Waters together this morning, then he talked to his sister about it being time to come out & how he wants to meet her. It was a nice, quiet moment we got to share together.
#5 of 17 Old 10-10-2005, 03:48 PM

How many weeks/days are you now? 39 weeks 6 days (due tomorrow yay!

Any signs of impending labour? Not really. Signs really mean nothing, babies take their own sweet time to come out :LOL

How are you feeling? Sick and tired of being pregnant!

Any appointments/tests coming up? Nope, UC

Anything you want to add? I think I'm gonna go mow the lawn now, mabye that will make her come out....
#6 of 17 Old 10-10-2005, 03:51 PM

38 weeks and 4 days...........

Sore and achy, tired and mean. I want to nest but I cant do anything w/out having to pee, BH are killing me..........no where is comfortable..........

No real signs of labor or anything but I wish i was doing more to get stuff ready and cant find the energy to barely answer questions........feeling mean to children and guilty about it all.........

But i am excited to see baby, and my birth supplies arrived today !!!
#7 of 17 Old 10-10-2005, 03:55 PM

How many weeks/days are you now?38 weeks

Any signs of impending labour? same as i've had for the last few weeks, waves are pretty much every night and more painful, but stop as soon as the sun rises

How are you feeling? Ready. And a little grumpy that all this stuff happens at night, as if waking every 30 mins isnt enough

Any appointments/tests coming up? tues the chiro and friday my midwives

Anything you want to add? Finally got my rear in gear and planned my daughters 2nd bday celebration. So hopefully i dont go into labor before saturday lol!

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
#8 of 17 Old 10-10-2005, 04:15 PM

39 weeks 2 days....

Last night I felt some tightening/cramping that seemed to go in waves - contractions of some sort? This is my first babe and it is all such a mystery. It went on for a while and I am hopeful that it will start up again soon!

Feeling ready for baby and starting to get more anxious - like, will it ever happen? Still some time before the official due date (whatever that means) and people are calling all the time (how are you feeling? when is the baby coming? etc.) which is starting to drive me a bit nuts.

Seeing the midwife, acupuncture, and massage again this week. also have some appointments to meet potential baby docs (can't wait until we find the right person).

just waiting...and waiting...like we all seem to be doing right now
#9 of 17 Old 10-10-2005, 04:32 PM

Hi, fellow October mamas!

How many weeks/days are you now? 38W4D

Any signs of impending labour? B-H's mostly in the evenings, cervical twinges occasionally. I had one big surge yesterday morning that lasted a little over a minute, it made me catch my breath and had to do my relaxation/breathing through it, but I changed positions and didn't have another one. Checked cervix in the shower yesterday and it's getting softer and more anterior (inserting EPO every night now).

How are you feeling? Pretty energetic yesterday, we went for a nice long walk and a great lunch, enjoyed the day out. This morning I've already been cleaning like a true fiend. Can you say NESTING?

Any appointments/tests coming up? Chiro and MW on Wednesday. Boy, do I need the adjustment...my body sounds like rice crispies when I'm doing yoga.Might schedule a prenatal massage for Friday.

We are getting so excited to meet our precious little one. Come on out, baby!
#10 of 17 Old 10-10-2005, 04:43 PM

Those who have babies already

How old is the wee one now? 10 days old

How is nursing going? Very well, she latches on well...mostly she nurses every 2 to 3 hours, and usually will nurse for about 10 to 15 minutes, sometimes 30 minutes. Most nights though, in the middle of the night she will want to nurse but will not want to nurse laying down, so I end up coming out on the recliner and using the boppy and she nurses there and sometimes we end up there for the remainder of the night.

How are you healing? Any "blue" feelings? A little bit. Mostly it's just been exhausting .... sleep deprived, etc. I will just have these little bouts of crying once or twice a day, usually brought on by a small argument with DH over something not all that devestating. Oh and the other day I was talking to my aunt and she asked how I was and I started crying, but felt better after I cried. Just little emotional spurts like that. They don't last too long and seem to be getting better.
As far as healing goes, I didn't have any tearing so there is hardly any soreness left in that area. I'm still getting some cramping, but don't have to take Advil for it anymore since it's not that painful or frequent anymore.

How are your other children adjusting if you have any? Jakob who is 2 1/2 is adjusting relatively well I think. He is doing things I'm pretty sure to get attention, such as throwing things at us (usually they are small objects that don't actually hurt us). He will pretend to hit us when he's mad...make a hitting motion towards us but not actually hit, but sometime he does actually hit us. He's been going into tantrums when he doesn't get his way, which he never did before...ala "I want it now!" and stomping his feet, and laying on the ground and kicking etc. Oh, and he's gotten extremely dramatic about any owies he gets...he's had this band-aid on for 3 days now and still comes up to us crying that it hurts when its already completely healed. Maybe a lot of this is typical 2 1/2 yr old behaviour though. He's really not showing any malice toward his sister, quite the opposite..he's very lovable towards her. He's always asking to hold her, and saying, "This is my baby sister". And he's always keeping tabs on her, like if DH is in the other room holding Piper sometimes Jakob will see me without Piper and will ask "Where's the baby?" And he's always coming up and kissing her, etc. His schedule has definitely been disrupted though and he's sleeping and waking odd hours...sometimes he will sleep throught the baby waking to nurse, sometimes not. Last night he did wake up at 4:30am and we had to put a cartoon on for him so we could snooze in the living room with him watching it. And he was up until noon and then slept for 3 hours. And one last thing, he is nursing a bit since my milk came in. He gets mad sometimes that I don't let him nurse when Piper is nursing. Sometimes I will , but usually its not that long. I let him have a longer one on one bedtime nursing if he wants it though.

Do you have enough help/support? I feel like I could use more. I mean, my DH has been home but i wish we could afford a post-partum doula. It's really hard for DH to focus much on me when he is trying to care for Jakob, and do lots of shopping and cooking and cleaning for us.

Anything you would like to add? Nope, I think already wrote a book :LOL

#11 of 17 Old 10-10-2005, 06:23 PM

How many weeks/days are you now? 38 weeks 4 days

Any signs of impending labour? Tons of signs, but nothing major yet. Mostly just diarrhea (tmi?), some contractions, backache and other little signs. No bloody show or anything yet.

How are you feeling? I am soooo tired, and having a hard time keeping up with my 3 kids and housework and stuff like that.

Any appointments/tests coming up? I have another midwife appt on wednesday and also have my tubal consult appt. Kinda sad that this will definitely be my last but I really don't need anymore kids!
#12 of 17 Old 10-10-2005, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

How many weeks/days are you now?39wks 1 day

Any signs of impending labour?I have occasional contractions and today I am noticing an increase in cervical mucous....that's a first.

How are you feeling?I am feeling better...I have slept in several days since it's a long weekend..amazing what sleep can do

Any appointments/tests coming up?midwife on Wednesday

Anything you want to add?I hope baby comes after hubby gets home..he should be home on Friday night or Saturday morning!
#13 of 17 Old 10-10-2005, 07:45 PM

How many weeks/days are you now? 38 weeks + 1 day

Any signs of impending labour? not really

How are you feeling? my back has been sore for like a week, lol

Any appointments/tests coming up? Ultrasound tomorrow, for "macrosoma" grrr this doc does NOT understand the word "genetics"

Anything you want to add? i totally don't feel ready for another baby. For some reason the nesting instinct has totally passed me by, and i really don't think i'll ever get things together. Still not packed, lol, still don't have everything washed or assembled. I guess getting the carseat together should be top priority; at least the rest can wait until we get home
#14 of 17 Old 10-10-2005, 11:24 PM

Quote:
How many weeks/days are you now?
37 w 6 d

Quote:
Any signs of impending labour?
I've been having lots of stronger-than-they-have-been contractions, especially all day yesterday. They radiate now into my thighs and back, and the pressure in my cervix / rectum is unbelievable. No bloody show or anything, though. I went from early Sunday morning thinking that labor might get moving to today thinking it's never going to happen and I'm never going to have a baby.

How are you feeling? Achy and tired and discouraged. My restless legs are keeping me from sleeping well AT ALL, and it was tough to get hopeful about labor and then not have it go anywhere. My daughter was born at 38 weeks exactly, so in my last pregnancy I was in labor by now. It's hard to have had this be a MUCH harder pregnancy with MANY more pre-labor signs and then to go even a few minutes longer, kwim? Whine. Bitch. Moan.

Quote:
Any appointments/tests coming up?
Nope, I haven't even scheduled with my midwife for this week. Should get on that, maybe. I think we both were thinking I'd be having a baby this week.

Quote:
Anything you want to add?
I'm ready!!!
#15 of 17 Old 10-11-2005, 08:20 AM

39 weeks, 2 days

Lots of signs of labor, but nothing happens! Tons of contractions, lots of cervical mucous, backache, etc. I'm trying to ignore it all because I'm tired of getting excited and then depressed.

Dr. appt. is this Friday. She said last week that she'd be having me take a non-stress test. Dh is supposed to come along in case I need some support declining an induction (if things go that way - don't know for certain that they will)

I nested like CRAZY yesterday. The entire house is now cleaned and everything is set up for the baby. I'm ready! (or...as ready as one can be, I suppose!)

A happy woman
#16 of 17 Old 10-11-2005, 09:11 AM

How many weeks/days are you now? 38 weeks 2 days.

Any signs of impending labour? prodromal/early labor for 4 days, lots of pubic pain and cervical pains

How are you feeling? I have a head cold that is making me pretty tired on top of the go nowhere contractions

Any appointments/tests coming up? My mw said she'd come check on me if I hadn't had the baby by Saturday.

Anything you want to add? My support people are very excited and trying to be helpful, but I'm just tired and really don't want to be 'babysat'. On the other hand, the company is a nice distraction most of the time.
#17 of 17 Old 10-13-2005, 02:09 AM

How many weeks/days are you now? 38 weeks, 2 days

Any signs of impending labour? no-zip-zilch-nada

How are you feeling? tired and getting a bit cranky, anxious.

I woke up today with popped blood vessels above my belly button...no stretch marks around, just popped blood vessels! Huh? I keep telling the baby my belly has reached its maximum capacity. There is no more room for it to grow. Come out!!!!!

Any appointments/tests coming up? midwife appt tomorrow

Anything you want to add? I can't wait to have my little babe!

Susan~Mama to Atticus (2003), Creeley (2005), Townsyn (2007) and a fourth boy on the way in 2011!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page