Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Western Kentucky
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for all the replies, I am feeling a bit more confident already. I just want to be able to talk to her nicely about not wanting to induce. I am a pretty shy person and used to just taking the DRs word for it. I was lucky last time, my DR didn't try to do anything or need to do anything to help me along.
And up till now I have really had no problems with this DR. If I hadn't been reading on here, I wouldn't have even realized she was stripping my membranes. She just said, after starting the cervical exam, hold on a minute - this might hurt a little but it will get you started if your baby is ready. Then I knew what she was doing. She didn't call it by its name or ask me. So if I hadn't read about it on here, I would've thought it was just a somewhat painful exam. I didn't complain, but when I told DH, he was angry that they hadn't at least asked first.
Anyway, I wasn't too bothered by the membrane issue, but I am really concerned about the inducement issue. I don't like confrontation and feel funny telling DRs that I know my body better than they do, even if it is true! I'm just that kind of person. I picture myself telling her like this, I'm not in a rush to get this baby out (even though I do want her out!), and nothing is wrong with her or me. So I'd like to wait another week or two before talking about inducement. She is really nice and I think she will be ok with it, but my concern is what if she does go into the speech about what could go wrong if I go over. Then it will be awkward for me. So this kind of encouragement will really help me out - especially info on why it's good to wait.