omg...i think i'm nesting!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-23-2005, 12:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i just realized what i've been doing all day...holy crap, am i really having a baby? Because this whole pregnancy i haven't been able to get it into my head, and all of the sudden, TODAY i'm doing all these freaky things like i'm getting ready.

i went to the store this afternoon for milk--i came home with a van full of canned food, cereal, and other non-parishables. While putting away the few fresh items i got, i noticed that the fridge is full--really, really full, and though our freezer is tiny, it's packed with stuff too, some meals, and i never thought "hmm, i need to freeze extra dinners for when the baby comes" nope, never planned on doing that, and yet i notice that it's been happening ever-so-slowly.

The house has ended up cleaner than usual; i admit i'm a horrible house-keeper; usually i'm happy if the floors are clean, and the bathrooms smells nice. Today i did some organizing.

I put the carseat together (that's been sitting in pieces for a really long time) and i made a baby sling today. i've been planning, and putting off, the sling since the day i found out i was pregnant, haha. My sewing skills aren't great, but i'm fairly certain it will at least be functional.

The laundry is a mystery to me...i generally do about 3 loads a day, and today was no exception, except that i ususally wait until there is enough of one "kind" for a full-sized load. Today, i started doing it as soon as there was enough for a small load. i just have this feeling like "i have to stay ahead of it." That one, i find very suspicious.

i don't feel like it's going to happen tonight (at least i hope not, because the kids missed their bath!), but my mind keeps wandering to the finer details, you know? This is the first time i've put any thought at all into it, not to mention specifics! i'm starting to freak out a little bit.

i think i'll pack tonight, just so *everything* is ready, and maybe i'll shave my legs, lololol!
#2 of 7 Old 10-23-2005, 12:11 AM

I've been nesting too..unfortunately the house stays clean for about 10 minutes after I clean, then DS comes along and tears everything up. I finally got everything packed...now I'm just waiting!

When is your due date?
#3 of 7 Old 10-23-2005, 12:14 AM - Thread Starter

tomorrow, lol, i bet i just caught a peek at the calendar, and that's why i'm flipping out, but i dunno...for the first time it feels like it'll be "soon" Just this morning i was telling someone i thought it would be at least a week, but now i'm thinking more like just a couple of days...i guess we'll find out soon!
#4 of 7 Old 10-23-2005, 01:23 AM

You have a lot done! I've been trying to stay ahead of the laundry and the groceries for a couple of weeks. I get a little panicky if I have more than one load or the milk and juice gets low.

I have been obsessive about cleaning my room lately, even though I plan to labor mostly in the living room. I'm jealous of your packed freezer. We never think to freeze leftovers and our freezer is tiny!
#5 of 7 Old 10-23-2005, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

It probably won't make much difference...at least the way i cook, it's faster to make something new than to thaw something in the freezer :P
#6 of 7 Old 10-23-2005, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyvreWillow
tomorrow, lol, i bet i just caught a peek at the calendar, and that's why i'm flipping out, but i dunno...for the first time it feels like it'll be "soon" Just this morning i was telling someone i thought it would be at least a week, but now i'm thinking more like just a couple of days...i guess we'll find out soon!
It is crazy when it finally hits you--I mean a new baby! I still can hardly believe it. What is he going to look like? What kind of personality is he going to have? I can't wait!
#7 of 7 Old 10-24-2005, 12:16 AM

I keep waiting for that nesting instinct to kick in (EDD in 8 days - jumping over from the November board) since I have no deep need to clean, at least as of yet. I asked my sweetie the other day when he thought I might start nesting and he looked at me like I was crazy and said "In the last two weeks, you've made lasagna, blintzes, a carrot cake, a banana cream pie, and drawn up extensive lists of thing for me to fix around the house. What do you mean by START nesting?"

I guess mine just manifests itself in ways other than cleaning?? (which would be very "me" anyway.....)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page