Who is Still Waiting Now? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 53 Old 10-30-2005, 07:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
akemi- that is a weird dream! Try to interpret it at all?

bailey228-ew! Pig Sperm? LOl I guess they have to get it from somewhere..but yeah..I prefer human. LOL when I told my hubby about the oral dose of prostaglandin, he told me it was like a dream come true...not just that the information was out there, but that I actually told him about it.

mama2finn- aw..well you never know..maybe tommorrow will be the big day!

I'm still undecided about what to do. Maybe he'll be born tonight!
#32 of 53 Old 10-30-2005, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

Location: Driftless Region of Iowa, on a beautiful little farm.
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I told DP about the "oral dose" being more effective-he doesn't believe me!! Bailey 228 where did you learn that? I need to convince him!!

I'm starting to feel like a crazy person!!

MelissaHoneybee-have they pressured you into an induction date yet? Let us know if they bring it up. BTW you aren't alone-I have lived at MDC for the last week and a half

#33 of 53 Old 10-30-2005, 08:34 PM

I'm still waiting too
I'm 7 days "overdue." Have had prodromal labor for 3 weeks now. Have done homeopathics, EPO, sex almost everyday or twice a day to make up for th missed days and the cohoshes. Nothing happening except continued prodromal labor. My uterus feels really tight constantly while I'm upright with surges every so often but it doesn't completely relax until I lay down.

I feel nauseated and exhausted, can't breathe, can't move comfortably, my brain certainly isn't on track with the rest of humanity. And now the weekend is over and I'm looking at another few days alone with my toddler. I'm so tired of being so tired. I miss dh and wish they'd give him some pre-baby time off too (he only gets 2 days off and then goes in 4 hours a day for a week after the baby).

I was 42 weeks and 2 days with ds. Which is why I originally joined the Nov DDC... but most of them are behind me and probably sick of hearing me complain . Oh, and did I mention 5 babies have already been born in the Nov ddc. 2 of them vaginally/naturally!!! Way to make me feel like a loser!

Seems like that's all I do these days - complain.

***long sigh***
#34 of 53 Old 10-30-2005, 11:48 PM

momma2finn.. from the UK midwifery Archives "Sex, but especially oral sex - the 'natural' (and gentle) prostaglandins in semen are absorbed more effectively through the gut than through the cervix... if you can face it!" and "About fellatio: Actually, it would probably be beneficial, if the idea is to get the labour started. A great OB in Hamilton (John Lamont, I believe) spoke to our class about sexuality and pregnancy. He mentioned the concept that prostaglandins are absorbed 10X more efficiently through the gut than through the vaginal mucosa, with respect to semen and labour onset."

Also I've read this in a few other places that I can't seem to remember or am able to find right now.
#35 of 53 Old 10-31-2005, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willemsmamma
Oh, and did I mention 5 babies have already been born in the Nov ddc. 2 of them vaginally/naturally!!! Way to make me feel like a loser!

Seems like that's all I do these days - complain.

***long sigh***
LOL yeah i check that board every once in awhile, I don't know why, this past week it's only made me upset! I see people not even due yet having their babies already and it makes me want to cry!! And join the club! I feel like a 5 year old whining to mommy. I've literally resigned myself to the fact that this baby is NOT comming out EVER! I swear, I have lost all hope of me ever going into labor. The only decent contractions I've had came when I was walking the other day and the second I sat down they stopped. My back hurts, I can't get in or out of bed without pain, I can only sleep a few hours a night because I've been suffering with pregnancy induced insomnia for the past 2 months.... and..and..and mommy the baby won't come out!!! (man I really do feel like a child complaining like this)
#36 of 53 Old 10-31-2005, 01:05 AM - Thread Starter

Oh mommas-I feel so bad for us
Bailey228 I'm sorry you are in so much pain-you too willemsmama. Here are some preggo hugs for everyone!!

stupid nov. ddc...grumble, grumble...(me making pouty face and feeling sorry for myself)
Tomorrow is going to be your birthday-you hear me baby?? Don't you want to come out and meet me? Don't you want to drink yummy milk, feel soft fleece against your skin, sleep next to me in our warm bed???? ANSWER ME!!!

(Um, maybe I should go to bed now )

#37 of 53 Old 10-31-2005, 01:55 AM

Fellow Waiting October mamas...hugs to you all!

I'm right there with ya!

Thanks for the info about the, um, oral prostaglandins, I think DH will be thrilled . I have been hounding him every day for a deposit and quite frankly it's gotten a bit tedious. DH actually asked for a break today, poor guy. He has been quite obliging up until today so I can't complain.

I am getting a bit annoyed by the "you're STILL pregnant?" comments...that is SO not a nice thing to say. How about "you look great" or even just a "hang in there". Ugh.

Made an acupuncture appointment for Tuesday evening, so hopefully that will help to support the start of labor. Been inserting EPO every night and I just started taking it orally today as well. Tried the cohoshes and I don't think they were doing much of anything. Also walking a lot (I think it helped 2 days ago as I lost quite a bit of plug, but nothing much since then despite walking about 3 miles each day).

I can't wait to hold and caress and cuddle our little one...just wish I knew when it's going to happen!
#38 of 53 Old 10-31-2005, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2finn

MelissaHoneybee-have they pressured you into an induction date yet? Let us know if they bring it up.
No, I was supposed to call and go in for a non stress test yeasterday if I hadn't had my baby yet. I didn't because HE'S FINE!!! He passed his test in like 2 minutes on Thursday and nothing has changed since then. I think today they were talking about trying to get something going. Maybe the prostaglandin gel or if my cervix is soft, breaking my water.

I am probably going to hold off until Wednesday, when I am "officially" 42 weeks. At that point, I probably will let them break my water : if I haven't gone into labor yet.

DH asked- what would be worse for me..being induced by the midwives or having to be delivered by a doctor. Thinking it over, I'd really rather have the midwives there than some strange doctor who will probably give me an episiotomy or c-section. It does stink to be in the position to make that choice.

I thought for sure one of us here would have had a baby by now..geez..what's goin on? Maybe Mars being so close to the earth has something to do with it

And at this point, I can't even open a post about someone who had their baby...I get so jealous!
#39 of 53 Old 10-31-2005, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

I kwym-MW vs. Doc seems like a pretty easy choice. My concern is-I trust my body to do things naturally. But once you start doing induction procedures, there is a pressure for your body to react and preform. What if my body doesn't move quickly enough for them? When I hear them say induction-I imagine this cartoon graph of percentages-and the one that is labeled chance of c-section skyrockets through the ceiling. AHHHH! It's very scary.

#40 of 53 Old 10-31-2005, 12:21 PM

Ok so are NONE of us gonna have October babies? Cmon, someone's gotta go on halloween! We are all supposed to have babies now! One of us has to make it in October though, that would just be sad if ALL of us who are still waiting end up in the November DDC. And it's halloween, if you're gonna have a birthday on a holiday, halloween is the best one! I was born 3 days before christmas and that always sucked growing up. C'mon little babies!! Come out and see the pretty fall colors and halloween decorations! And every year, everyone will get dressed up for your birthday!! You all know you want to come out now!!! PLEASE?!! Lots of hugs and kisses if you come out!!
#41 of 53 Old 10-31-2005, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah babies-listen to bailey228! Plus think of all the cool parties you could have. It would be soo much fun...Please babies, at least one of you has to come today.....

#42 of 53 Old 10-31-2005, 02:43 PM

COME ON BABIES!!!

Someone had mentioned the Mars thing...is it a tad odd that NONE of us are going? Are all of us late October mamas going to have November babies?

COME ON BABIES!!!
#43 of 53 Old 10-31-2005, 02:43 PM

OK, I'm done! I will not sit here and complain any longer. I must do something productive now. I'm going to go redirect all my waiting to cleaning the house and baking the cranberry bread and cookies I planned on a long time ago. (i.e I'm forcing the nesting here, I already went though that a long time ago and have since not been able to clean a dang thing, so now I have to force myself to re-nest) Then we have to go buy some candy for all the trick or treators! I love seeing all the little kids dressed up! I love holidays! With this baby not comming til November our whole fall and winter is going to be packed with holiday after holiday. Halloween, baby bday (sometime before thanksgiving please!)my mom's bday, thanksgiving, my bday, christmas, new years, Ukrainian christmas, hubby bday, Ukrainian new year, valentines day, our anniversary, my dad's bday, my sister's bday. Phew, thats a lot of celebrating all before march! and of course we have to celebrate each of these holidays twice because my family celebrates very early in the day and my husband's family doesnt celebrate til later in the evening, so we always end up with 2 celebrations a day for each holiday. (well except for the Ukie holidays, my family isn't Ukie) wow, thinking about all that plus the fact that we will have a new baby to take care of just wore me out! I think I'll go take a nap now... wait no I'll stick to my word and actually go do something now.
#44 of 53 Old 10-31-2005, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

funny, bailey 228-your green light is still on...
Admit it, you are as helpless against MDC's power as the rest of us. Ok, maybe just me, I feel like I'm on this d*** forum all the time! I also am having to force myself to re-nest. It sucks, because I already did all the cleaning etc, now I just have to do the upkeep-the part I hate!! At least my house is clean. For now.

COME ON BABIES-you know, I thought about naming him Mars, but I'm not so sure the red planet deserves my reverance right now...

#45 of 53 Old 10-31-2005, 03:24 PM

I've had 5 contractions today that felt more like the crampy kind.........but I too have resigned that i will never give birth, it has all been a cruel joke, the baby hates me, is stuck, etc..........

HALLOWEEN BABY COMEOUT!!!!

I am not going on a walk and i am not having sex--- why? Because it doesnt WORK!!!! And I have SOOOOOOOOO many issues in the crotchal region right now, I just dont want to do either one! SO there!!!!

I am right there with all of you, fed up and sad and wanting my baby!!!! GOOD LUCK!
#46 of 53 Old 10-31-2005, 03:50 PM

Me too! Fed up! Tired of being pregnant, having sex, cleaning my house, taking cohoshes, answering the phone!

I want my baby NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susan~Mama to Atticus (2003), Creeley (2005), Townsyn (2007) and a fourth boy on the way in 2011!
#47 of 53 Old 10-31-2005, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2finn
funny, bailey 228-your green light is still on...
lol actually I DO have bread in the oven! My computer is always on so I usually just walk away from it with the forum still on my browser. see i'm getting something done though, I did one of the things I was gonna do. Now off to the store for the candy. (lol do a task, come back and check the forum, go do another.. lol yup I'm addicted!)
#48 of 53 Old 10-31-2005, 07:05 PM

LOL, I'm the same way... I can't stay away (from this thread esp) we are going to take DS trick or treating tonight maybe something will happen!

One of us has to go into labor tonight!!! COME ON BABIES!!

I've been feeling crampy today...went to an awesome French/Thai restaurant for some hot curry...but then my cramps stopped...sigh/

and Bailey my b-day is 5 days before Christmas, I agree that it kind of stinks..Halloween would be a much better b-day.

I'm scheduled for an induction tomorrow..not very happy about it though. I'm mad at myself for being a wimp...ugh. I'm happy about being able to have the baby..but wish he would have come on his own. Mixed feelings all around.

GTG- my son is ready to go trick or treating
#49 of 53 Old 10-31-2005, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

I kwym. Had a NST and US today. Boy was he moving around alot...They couldn't get more than a min at a time!! The US was cool, but I wish I could just see him in real life.
Good Luck with the induction, I hope he decides to come before they give you a pitocin drip. Mine is still on for Thurs morning, I think I will go... I'm pretty nervous though.
I'm so jealous of all the mommas who got to dress their newborns up today...I had the cutest onsie all ready-my step-mom got it for him. It says Mommy's Little Pumpkin

Well I'm going to leave it at that for the evening...I'm sick of whining!

BTW-We have a thread started in the Nov ddc!

#50 of 53 Old 10-31-2005, 11:02 PM

At my ultrasound today they noticed that my amniotic fluid levels had gone down quite a bit from what they were at my ultrasound 3 days ago. While they were still in the "normal" range, that coupled with the fact that I am 41wk4days had my midwife really pressuring me to have an on the spot induction.

This came on the heels of an 8/8 score on the biophysical ultrasound score, and a hour on the NST which she said indicated a very healthy, very happy baby, so I refused to be induced.

I dithered back and forth making up my mind for awhile, but the fact that the baby wasn't in any distress led me to refuse the induction.

It's hard when they are standing there telling you things like
"fetal morbidity rates increase x% the further past 41wks you go" and
"this NST just tells us the baby is OK now, it has no predictive value" and "there's no reason this baby couldn't be delivered and be healthy right now" and
"well you're the parents, if you are prepared to take this risk it's your choice".
I felt really pressured to have the induction. I told my DH as we were leaving the hospital that if anything happens to the baby overnight I'll want to kill myself. (extreme, but probably accurate)

I honestly do believe that she was just trying to cover her ass, and that there is nothing wrong with my baby and that going another day is not going to hurt anything.

I've got a midwife appt at 9:00am tomorrow morning with the other midwife (they work in pairs) and I'm going to ask for another ultrasound to see what the fluid levels are. If they are further decreased or still low then I will probably agree to be induced. I like this midwife a lot better and she will be on call starting Wednesday so if everything is ok then maybe I will be induced wednesday.

My cervix is now dialated 1cm but still firm and high. Progress, but not a lot.

Tonight we'll go for a walk, then I'll get some of that natural prostaglandin either orally or otherwise and hope to be waken up in the middle of the night by some contractions!

Mom to DD(2005), SD(2004), DS(2013) and expecting another boy June 2014!
#51 of 53 Old 11-01-2005, 04:40 AM

Happily married, Waldorf-inspired homeschooler to Kylan (8yo), Everest (6yo), and Bodhi (2yo)
#52 of 53 Old 11-01-2005, 06:32 AM - Thread Starter

Wow akemi, I hope everything works out for you. Induction is scary...I have mine so soon! Just go with what feels right. Baby knows when to come out!

#53 of 53 Old 11-01-2005, 06:55 PM

I feel much better knowing I'm not the only one overdue. My due date is Oct. 29th but I feel like he should have been born weeks ago. I guess I am not so patient. If only I didn't feel so crappy. My first was born a week early so I'm not used to waiting and I am so excited to have this baby just be here...

Great to hear I'm among others...

Margaret
Mother to Max and soon-to-be Aiden

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page