Clots at 11 days postpartum? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-30-2005, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is this par for the course? My bleeding had slowed to not much, but this morning I'm cramping and having some clots, one a little less than golf-ball-sized. What do you think?
#2 of 6 Old 10-30-2005, 10:39 AM

Hi Rachel,

I had clots pp with both children, just about at the time when I started trying to do too much. With Bronwyn, it was right around 11 days and with M probably more like two weeks. Have you increased your activity in the last day or two?

E
#3 of 6 Old 10-30-2005, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Yep, actually I was out and about much of yesterday and then Ethan was up all night. That probably did it. I'll take it easy today and see if it helps. OUCH!
#4 of 6 Old 10-30-2005, 12:30 PM

Same for me, I also had clots two weeks out with my babies. I always tried to do so much before I was ready! But I also think it can just happen for other reasons, like whatever secret healing process the uterus is involved in. But the main thing is, take care of yourself and rest, and I would not stress about it. But if it kept happening, yes, I would for sure get your care provider to check you. Chances are it won't keep happening though. Interestingly enough, this is the first time I've been extremely careful about resting and not overdoing it, and the first time I've had minimal postpartum bleeding and no clots and stuff. But you know, I still think there are other factors involved than our activity level, even though rest is crucial.
#5 of 6 Old 11-01-2005, 11:29 PM

This is my third baby but first experience w/clots!

I'd noticed my bleeding was really light for about a week and thought, lucky me! Then around day 9 or 10 I felt a gush, than another, and by the time I got to the bathroom I had blood running down my legs, pants and socks soaked- looked like murder scene w/bloody footprints. I had to hose myself off in the shower. I was home alone and scared it was hemmoraging. I thought the big clots were leftover placenta. Called my midwife & she asked me lots of q's and said I'd clotted AND blocked the cervix so had built up quite some blood! After I calmed down I was fine, but for a while there I thought I'd pass out. I've never seen so much blood, but then it had been building for nearly days. Now I'm bleeding the normal amount, as after my previous births.
#6 of 6 Old 11-02-2005, 01:22 AM

Wow, ergos, that would have scared the you-know-what out of me!! I'm so glad you were OK. Ahhh, birth....awesome and beautiful, but not exactly a walk in the park, is it??

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page