October baby chat thread - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 11-11-2005, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wanted to say Bailey, you look awesome, and you are a strong mama to go all the way! My baby was born at 43 weeks, so from one ten month mama to another...hope he/she comes soon.
#32 of 41 Old 11-11-2005, 01:11 PM

Thanks! ::sigh:: at least I'm not getting medical advice over here... I posted on the uc forum and it's great, lots of people are being very supportive, but I posted in the UC forum because I DON'T want medical advice of any kind! I know that they are just trying to be helpful and all, but I swear if I have one more midwife post on there about my due date or what I can do about my bp, I'm gonna scream. I really just want to say, "thanks but theres a reason why I don't have a Dr or midwife in real life, and yes I have figured out on my own how to regulate my bp, and really I CAN count to 40!" Yesterday was a post about how I wasn't due til Nov 8th (umm 3 days ago?!) according to when I got a postive pregnacy test. If I was due Nov 8th, I wouldn't have even been PREGNANT when I took the test! And besides, that is something you really shouldn't tell someone who has been waiting for 6 weeks (4 weeks overdue plus 2 weeks before due date hoping she'd come early ) for a baby, "oh you could still go another 4-6 weeks"..... I tried to reply as nicely as I could stating that I've been over it a million times and the only range of dates for this baby is Oct11th -25th, with the 11th being most likely. And Then I tried to get them to drop the whole due date thing by saying "I don't care about my due date anymore since I'm waiting for Caia to tell me when she is due" Then I get another post this morning about my due date . It's really starting to irritate me and ruin my good mood. I know they mean well. I'm just highly senstive right now and the littlest things upset me.
#33 of 41 Old 11-11-2005, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

I hear you girl! My last dd was 16 days past my "due date" and the biggest irritant to me was suggestions of what I should be "doing" to get things started. I mean, seriously...baby will come when baby comes. If you try something and it works I have a feeling you would go into labour without it and it actually didn't work...just promoted what was already happening.

The only exceptions I would make is to walk and have sex. Both for enjoyment not inducement

after a week I gave up "trying" and from then on things got easier.

Martina was 10 days past my "due date" and I did nothing!

post-term labour would probably be as common as pre-term if it wasn't for over-use of induction.

I know Martina was post-term...her daddy is a truck driver and was home one night...I got a pos hpt before he came back....it was exact and sounds like you know as well!

We would like Caia to come out though...we want to see her!
#34 of 41 Old 11-11-2005, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allgirls
If you try something and it works I have a feeling you would go into labour without it and it actually didn't work...just promoted what was already happening.
I completly agree with that one! I tried everything to get her out last week. Nothing will get a baby out before it's ready (except hosptial inductions, and even those don't always work. I'm sure if I went for a hospital induction last week, all the pitocin and AROM in the world wouldn't have gotten Caia out, they would of had to cut her out of me). I read somwhere the other day that pregnacy is like a big boulder on a stone pillar. Every day you're pregnant the stone pillar wears away a bit til finally there isn't enough left to support the boulder and it comes crashing down. All the pushing in the world won't get the boulder to fall before it's ready because it's too heavy and the base is too strong. Why waste my energy pushing against this boulder? It's so much easier to just sit and wait and watch for it to fall . I would like Caia to come out as well! I hope she looks like her daddy! Little Ukie girls are adorable in every way. I'm more curious to see what she looks like because I have a good feeling about her personality already (STUBBORN!!, active, determined, and unique). Something is starting to stir in there a bit though, I'm getting mild crampy contractions. It's a start at least.
#35 of 41 Old 11-11-2005, 05:44 PM

Hang in there bailey! Kudos to you for letting her decide when to come out.

Even though I ended up being induced at 42 weeks, I hear you with people's comments. When people questioned when I was due and I told them the date I actually had someone tell me (at 41 weeks, 6 days) that I "must have miscalculated." I almost punched her! People should really keep their mouths shut around postdate pregnant women.

Any day now. Sending you labor vibes~~~~~

Susan~Mama to Atticus (2003), Creeley (2005), Townsyn (2007) and a fourth boy on the way in 2011!
#36 of 41 Old 11-11-2005, 06:40 PM

hehe, anytime someone refers to me as bailey it makes me smile! Bailey is actually my horse so when I hear (read) his name I think about him. People at my barn usually don't even know my name, I'm Bailey's mom. I miss riding my boy so much, but I'd kill myself if I tried to get back into the saddle. Plus I have SPD so wrapping my legs around a horse right now definatly isn't a good idea. Hehe it seems to me that the midwives don't want to beleive that I could possbily be over 44 weeks and my baby isn't dead yet. (haha and this is most definatly a healthy happy baby, she and daddy were playing kick the hand last night when he was rubbing my belly. Everytime his hand passed by her feet, she'd either poke one out really far or she'd kick at his hand). I think there should be a law that if you come across an obviously pregnant lady (who looks like she's about to pop) you aren't allowed to say anything other than "you look great!" Although I guess there really doesn't need to be a law, I'm sure plenty of people have learned the hard way that "wow, you STILL haven't had the baby yet?!" doesn't exactly go over well with an overdue hormonal pregnant woman.
#37 of 41 Old 11-11-2005, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Bailey is your horse That's so funny!

You are right...they can't believe that baby is still in there and well. They don't get the difference between "increased risk" and something actually going wrong.

I mean..if this baby needs 44 wks to cook then you are not actually "overdue" this is just normal for this baby!

Sophia was 16 days past my due date but I don't believe she was all that post dates...Martina was 10 days past but she was way later. But nothing that would be problematic...healthy placenta, no meconium etc. etc. She just peeled over a lot
#38 of 41 Old 11-14-2005, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_plus_one
Maybe you second time (or more) mommas can let me know what you think of this -

My son is 16 days old today, and for the past 6 or 7 nights in a row, he has slept for about 7 hours straight through the night. Usually it seems like he sleeps from about midnight to seven, but once he slept from 9 pm till almost 6 am. He sleeps in the bed with his dad and I, he breastfeeds very frequently throughout the day, he has the appropriate number of dirty diapers, and he's gaining weight slowly. He was a big baby when he was born - 9 lbs and 8 oz.

So I'm kind of in a pickle here because I know he should be feeding throughout the night, but I also kind of believe that babies know when they need to eat and they'll let you know. He's by no means shy to let me know when he wants to feed at 7 am. Should I be waking him up after 2 or 3 hours to feed him? Should I let sleeping babies lie? I talked to my lactation nurse about it, and she kind of said that I should feed him during the night, but she didn't make a very big deal about it and left me feeling that maybe she didn't think it was something to be too concerned about.

TIA October Mommas,
Rose
I know LLL recommends that you wake the baby in the beginning so that s/he gets the nutrients that s/he needss. I guess you could call them to see what they recommend for your little one.
#39 of 41 Old 11-14-2005, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Baby smiles are the greatest...we got our first one at 10 days and every day they are becoming more and more frequent...I love when she stops nursing...looks up with those big eyes and gives me a bright gummy smile..this has been my favourite thing with all my babies!!!

She is 19 days old today! Wow..it's going fast..yet only 19 days and it seems like she's always been here. She's laying in her little seat so mommy can safely have a coffee...so content and cooing...I love this little person!

well...better run..only have a minute to finish before she's ready for mommy again!

Cheers
#40 of 41 Old 11-14-2005, 01:59 PM

i can't believe haye is 6 weeks already. holy smokes.

mama to 8 year old haye  and 3 year old zao
#41 of 41 Old 11-15-2005, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryleeee
i can't believe haye is 6 weeks already. holy smokes.

Time flies so fast!

Bailey228~any news? Haven't seen you on for a couple days..hope all is well and you are mommy!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page