What Are Your Babes Doing Now? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-09-2006, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hope you don't mind I dropeed in. My little girl was born Oct. 6 and we are going to visit her for a week. So I thought it would be helpful to see what your babies who were born around the same time are doing? That way I will be better prepared and kind of know what to expect. Some of my questions are: How much do they sleep? Are they sitting up yet? Are they starting to make sounds? Teething?

Anything you can tell me about your child would be very helpful. Thanks so much.
#2 of 3 Old 01-09-2006, 02:36 PM

my guy is a few weeks younger than your girl, he was born October 23rd, so he is not sitting up yet....not really even close. he likes to be in the sit up position, but i have to hold his hands so he doesnt fall. he sleeps very well, maybe will wake up once to nurse from 11 to 7 or 8. he is incredibly cute , starting to babble and trying to mimic our mouth movements as we talk to him. he smiles alot. he can push/roll himself off of his belly onto his back...

i dont think he is teething just yet, but some babies do at their age...

he can sit in an upright/hip carry postion in the sling/pouch, i do hold his head after awhile so he doesnt get too tired.

i hope you are holding your little girl very soon

there was a thread in 'life with a babe' for october 2005 babies, so you may get more of a response over there....i see this in the 'new posts' search.
#3 of 3 Old 01-10-2006, 01:11 AM

Hi! My son was born 10/10/05, so he's pretty close to your girls age. He is not sitting up yet by himself. He does like to be held sitting up though. He also likes to stand a lot. We put him in his exersaucer, with a pillow behind his back, and he loves it! He is also smiling and laughing and "talking" a lot. He's still eating every 3 hours and not sleeping through the night. We think he may be starting to teeth, but we don't know for sure. He's chewing on his fists and drooling a lot. He's now able to follow me around (watching) when I lay him down and walk around. Though he's not grabbing and playing with toys, he likes to watch his toys when he's on his playmat. He also likes to watch Baby Einstein (or whatever else is on tv!).

I bet you're so excited to be visiting your little girl. I hope you get to bring her home soon!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page