Countdown to LOST!!! Season 5 - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 1109 Old 02-13-2009, 12:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphine View Post
I loved the scene with Sawyer and Jin hugging when they first found Jin. Sawyer is so much more endearing to me this season. I just want to give him a good bath and then... Never Mind!

Oh, one more good line...when Jin asks Charlotte to translate and Sawyer looks at Miles. Miles says, "he's Korean...I'm from Encino."
Sawyer has changed so much since the first season. I also was really touched when he was trying to hard to save John and pull him back out of the well. He's grown feelings!

I, too, loved Miles line.

This is a great theory: http://www.lostreview.com/2007/05/an...-abcs-lost.cfm
#302 of 1109 Old 02-13-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendtoall View Post
Sawyer has changed so much since the first season. I also was really touched when he was trying to hard to save John and pull him back out of the well. He's grown feelings!

I, too, loved Miles line.

This is a great theory: http://www.lostreview.com/2007/05/an...-abcs-lost.cfm
Where did this guy get all of this?

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#303 of 1109 Old 02-13-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
*faints*
#304 of 1109 Old 02-13-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrabelly View Post
*faints*

Good theory, though.

And, if he's right, that it is black rock, interesting that the Black Rock slave ship ran ashore.

But in the middle of the jungle?

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#305 of 1109 Old 02-13-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
I'd have to go back and watch, but didn't we find out last season that Charlotte speaks Korean? I can't remember now but it seems like she and Sun and Jin were speaking in Korean and she answered them.
Yeah, we did find that out last season.
#306 of 1109 Old 02-13-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
I'd have to go back and watch, but didn't we find out last season that Charlotte speaks Korean? I can't remember now but it seems like she and Sun and Jin were speaking in Korean and she answered them.
Yeah now that you mention it, I remember that too. I guess my question is why did Faraday and Miles react so strangely when they found out? Or maybe they did know and she wasn't supposed to let it be known? Im curious to see the episode you speak of.
#307 of 1109 Old 02-13-2009, 03:43 PM

Totally OT!

beans~ your sig quote scares me.

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#308 of 1109 Old 02-13-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magstphil View Post

beans~ your sig quote scares me.
but its so true!
#309 of 1109 Old 02-13-2009, 03:54 PM

Who's Penny's mother?? And why the scientist is in the island??
#310 of 1109 Old 02-13-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
I found Bernard...he's in Seattle (on Gray's Anatomy).

Now back to your regular programming.
LOL!! So is Louis from Angels in America...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansricerevolt View Post
I wonder if russo would remember Jin?
I said the same thing to DH. that if they *really* knew where this was going from beginning to end when the series started (as they supposedly did) that when Danielle and Jin first met she would have told him he looked familiar.

did she? I know some of you all have better memories of the past episodes than I do....

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#311 of 1109 Old 02-13-2009, 05:42 PM

I read on another board that they were only together once or twice and that was in a big group of people, so it wouldn't surprise me that she doesn't recognize him.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#312 of 1109 Old 02-13-2009, 06:40 PM

Well, also, the actress who originally played Roussou chose to leave the show before her character's run was supposed to be over. So who knows what was going to be revealed?

--"Mama Bear" : to DD 8/06
Tree-hugging :, queer-loving , liberal, feminist hippie mom! :
#313 of 1109 Old 02-13-2009, 06:53 PM

The argument is that Danielle WOULD have remembered, like Desmond did. After Daniel came to him in the past/present, he woke him with a memory. If Danielle weren't dead, the same would have happened to her.
#314 of 1109 Old 02-13-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lissa View Post
I read on another board that they were only together once or twice and that was in a big group of people, so it wouldn't surprise me that she doesn't recognize him.
I think it's perfectly plausible that after all Russo has been through she wouldn't remember something so small.

#315 of 1109 Old 02-13-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cersha View Post
The argument is that Danielle WOULD have remembered, like Desmond did. After Daniel came to him in the past/present, he woke him with a memory. If Danielle weren't dead, the same would have happened to her.
This reminds me of what I wanted to say earlier. Daniel says you can't change what happens. He says you CAN'T. But obviously you can physically do it, it's just that you shouldn't. It makes me to have this kind of time travel theory. It's so much easier to think about time travel when everything that has already happened has happened. I mean. EasIER. Not easy. :Lol
#316 of 1109 Old 02-13-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magstphil View Post
I think it's perfectly plausible that after all Russo has been through she wouldn't remember something so small.
I disagree. I don't think she could FORGET Jin. I mean - he disappeared in front of her eyes!

However, I can imagine that she may not notice him if he's just one in a crowd, yk?
#317 of 1109 Old 02-13-2009, 09:01 PM

1. Danielle is crazy by the time Oceanic ends up on the island so who knows what a regular person would do in this case.

2. I've also read that Jin and Danielle's 1980s meeting only happens in Jin's timeline (which is actually happening in 2008). Since it can't happen if it didn't happen, then it doesn't happen in Danielle's lifeline and so she won't remember it when she meets the Losties in 2004. This is mind-boggling but it also makes a little sense because Jin was off doing his own life in Korea in the 1980s - not washing up sunburned on a creepy island to meet French people. Think of each person's existence as a linear timeline running parallel to the other people's existences. I think... :
#318 of 1109 Old 02-13-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrabelly View Post
I disagree. I don't think she could FORGET Jin. I mean - he disappeared in front of her eyes!

However, I can imagine that she may not notice him if he's just one in a crowd, yk?
Yeah I can't imagine forgetting that!

#319 of 1109 Old 02-13-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by because View Post
2. I've also read that Jin and Danielle's 1980s meeting only happens in Jin's timeline (which is actually happening in 2008). Since it can't happen if it didn't happen, then it doesn't happen in Danielle's lifeline and so she won't remember it when she meets the Losties in 2004. This is mind-boggling but it also makes a little sense because Jin was off doing his own life in Korea in the 1980s - not washing up sunburned on a creepy island to meet French people. Think of each person's existence as a linear timeline running parallel to the other people's existences. I think... :
That makes sense. I mean. As much as it could possibly make sense.
#320 of 1109 Old 02-13-2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by because View Post
1. Danielle is crazy by the time Oceanic ends up on the island so who knows what a regular person would do in this case.

I agree with #1. But #2 is really mindboggling, wouldn't that contradict the past few episodes then? Locke influenced Richard to go meet him as a baby and that action affected both Richard's and Locke's future. At that point Locke wasn't even born yet so you could argue that the meeting only happens in Locke's timeline but not Richard's. But we know that isn't true.

That has to be true for Jin as well.

Additionally, Rousseau and the others were being led by Jin to the tower. It was on their way that the smoke monster attacked which led to her mates being infected, and to her killing them, and to her being left along pregnant.
#321 of 1109 Old 02-13-2009, 09:12 PM

But Russo probably just lumped him in with "the others" so where she may remember him she doesn't remember him. She remembers an Other who infiltrated their camp.

#322 of 1109 Old 02-13-2009, 09:13 PM

Also Russo (I know I am spelling it wrong I'm just lazy) knew Jin before he got all hunky and sun burned.

#323 of 1109 Old 02-14-2009, 12:02 AM

I thought it was pretty clear that Danielle was not crazy re: shooting her friends. Her so had 2 arms when she shot him. Where did he get another arm from?
#324 of 1109 Old 02-14-2009, 02:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegirl View Post
I thought it was pretty clear that Danielle was not crazy re: shooting her friends. Her so had 2 arms when she shot him. Where did he get another arm from?
I agree that Danielle wasnt crazy, that the smoke monster had changed her friends and made them "sick", and they were trying to kill her....but i thought it was one of the other guys in the group that lost his arm, not her husband? Or am i wrong on that? I might be mixing up all the cute French guys.

Katherine

Katherine, single homeschooling mom to Boy Genius (17) geek.gif  Thing One (6) and Thing Two (6) fencing.gif and one outgoing Girl (12) bikenew.gif and hoping for more through foster care and adoption homebirth.jpgadoptionheart-1.gif 
#325 of 1109 Old 02-14-2009, 02:33 AM

I have a question about passage of time on and off the island...i had assumed that what is happening in L.A. (with Ben rounding up the survivors to get them to go back) and what is happening on the island (locke going down into the well, jin finding the french people, etc)...was happening at the same time....so that while three years have passed in the real world, only a day (or thereabouts) has passed on the island....but am i wrong about that?? I know that it was mentioned at some point on the show that time happens differently on the island (which explains why walt looked years older when only a month had passed or whatever)....and i assume that when the survivors eventually return to the island, while three years have passed for them...for the people who stayed, it will be like they JUST left.....am i getting this right?? I mean...they arent doing that back and forth light flash thing for three years are they?!?

Katherine

Katherine, single homeschooling mom to Boy Genius (17) geek.gif  Thing One (6) and Thing Two (6) fencing.gif and one outgoing Girl (12) bikenew.gif and hoping for more through foster care and adoption homebirth.jpgadoptionheart-1.gif 
#326 of 1109 Old 02-14-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegirl View Post
The smoke monster didn't get her lover's arm. It got a blonde guy's arm from her group.

#327 of 1109 Old 02-14-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenjane View Post
I have a question about passage of time on and off the island...i had assumed that what is happening in L.A. (with Ben rounding up the survivors to get them to go back) and what is happening on the island (locke going down into the well, jin finding the french people, etc)...was happening at the same time....so that while three years have passed in the real world, only a day (or thereabouts) has passed on the island....but am i wrong about that?? I know that it was mentioned at some point on the show that time happens differently on the island (which explains why walt looked years older when only a month had passed or whatever)....and i assume that when the survivors eventually return to the island, while three years have passed for them...for the people who stayed, it will be like they JUST left.....am i getting this right?? I mean...they arent doing that back and forth light flash thing for three years are they?!?

Katherine

I think, at the beginning of last's weeks episode, it flashed on the screen that the LA stuff is three years later, so what is happening on the island is not happening at the same time as what is happening in LA.

Since the French men all came back, though perhaps a little different, does this mean we'll get to see Eko again. :fingerscrossed
#328 of 1109 Old 02-14-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
I think, at the beginning of last's weeks episode, it flashed on the screen that the LA stuff is three years later, so what is happening on the island is not happening at the same time as what is happening in LA.

Since the French men all came back, though perhaps a little different, does this mean we'll get to see Eko again. :fingerscrossed
But isn't it happening at the same time? Time happens slower on the island doesn't it?

#329 of 1109 Old 02-14-2009, 02:45 PM

What an amazing episode!! I kind of feel like my head is about to explode though!! I'm so glad we got to see what happened with Rousseau and her arrival on the island. How cute is she?!?

I am so glad that Charlotte talked about being on the island, and Daniel being there. I'm so confused about him. What is his deal??? IF he is a phyisicist studying time travel, why doesn't he seem to know more about what's happening? And if he does, why doesn't he explain it to the others? I know we already talked about this, but is Charlotte the girl who is comatose when Desmond finds her? I don't think she is Ben's daughter. I mean, he stole Alex and pretended she was his daughter. Why would he do that when he has his own?

Who is Eloise? She was on the island before, right?

Wow. I am dying to see what happens next week!

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#330 of 1109 Old 02-14-2009, 05:14 PM

I think there may be some merit to the idea that Charlotte is Ben's daughter. The bit she said about how she and her mom lived on the island, then moved to England when she was still really small and her mother told her the island was just a dream, to forget about it...it may be possible that Ben had a child w/ his friend Annie (is that her name??), and when the Hostiles were going to gas the Dharma folks, part of ben's agreement to participate was being able to get his family off the island as long as they "forgot" all about it. (Or maybe she is Annie's daugter with another man, but Ben let them leave because he had a soft spot for Annie?)...and then when they took Alex, Ben raised her as his own daughter to replace the one he lost.

But...in reading "The Man Behind The Curtain" on wikipedia...the timeline doesnt seem to match up so well (granted, i didnt spend alot of time trying to piece it all together)...according to them, Alex was taken by the hostiles when she was one week old, and that it was a few years after that (when she was three or four?) that Dharma people were poisoned and Ben joined Richard's group. Which would make Charlotte too old to be part of that whole situation (unless of course there was the weird time anomaly where people age fast off the island than on it.)

So now i'm back to being confused. She does have ben's huge watery eyes though. I think we will have a scene (hopefully next week!) where Daniel is back with Dharma, sees a little redhead named Charlotte, and tells her "Dont come back to the island! you'll die if you come back!" (which is why she suddenly "remembers" that as she is dying in present day)...and i'm *hoping* it will be revealed who her parents are at that time...like, a man will say "come here to daddy, charlotte" and he turns around and its ben! Or maybe its not!

Katherine

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page