Countdown to LOST!!! Season 5 - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 1109 Old 02-19-2009, 10:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen816 View Post
Thsi is my first post guys, but I didn't have anyone to talk to about tonight's episode! I know they made a big deal in the episode about Thomas the doubter, but did anyone notice that the Ajira Airlines flight was #316? Is this a reference to the biblical passage John 3:16? I am assuming that they are now setting up John Locke as Jesus and Jack as Thomas. So, who is Judas?
316 is also the page that Prince Caspian starts on in one of the editions of Chronicles of Narnia,a nd there are a few Narnia references (lamp post, etc).

Here is a link to the part of the recap about Hurley:
http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com..._1.php?page=18

I was wrong. It was the episode before last.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#362 of 1109 Old 02-19-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1babysmom View Post
Ohh...didn't think about Ben and the Penny thing!! yikes!

Any idea what Kate did with Aaron?

That pilot guy...am I forgetting him from sometime previously in the show?
I thought about Penny as soon as Ben said he had to fulfill a promise to an old friend. I really hope he didn't succeed in that promise.

I want to know what happened to Aaron!

The pilot, Frank Lapidas, is the helicopter pilot who flew them off of the island. I don't blame you for not recognizing him...he sure looks different all cleaned up!

Mom to DS March '05 and : DD Feb. '08
#363 of 1109 Old 02-19-2009, 11:11 AM

I like Frank better with his beard.

I thought maybe Kate convinced Hugo and Sayid to go back. I also thought that if Claire's mom was still in town, she took Aaron to her. I hope Ben didn't kill Penny. It did look like Jin recognized them, right? That was a wild ending!
#364 of 1109 Old 02-19-2009, 11:15 AM

Last night was kind of a frustrating episode for me. After the last couple with a lot of cool answers regarding Danielle, this episode just seemed to be full of a lot more questions again with little satisfying answers.

and Where is Aaron???? I wonder if Kate gave him to Claire's mom.

and What was Ben up to and why did no one ask him why he was all roughed up?

Can't wait til next week!
#365 of 1109 Old 02-19-2009, 11:36 AM

Ack! Also a first time poster on the thread, but long time watcher.

Soooo, I'm wondering if Aaron is with Claire's mom too. But why would Kate be so devastated?? I'm wondering if Ben underhandedly had something to do with that. Also super curious about Jin in the uniform - and what happened to Sun, Sayid and Hurley??

Can't wait for next week. All the story line around Locke is getting really tangled and confusing the heck out of me. Anyone else expect him to sit up and start talking when Jack was putting the shoes on him?

Full time working mom to two bright and busy little girls! treehugger.gif
#366 of 1109 Old 02-19-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lissa View Post
Last week, Ben mentioned it. It doesn't matter that he admitted killing a man if they have no evidence. People make false confessions all the time. They would probably send him to the hospital, but since he committed himself, they probably couldn't make him.
And they also determined that the first guy was killed before Hurley escaped from the institution, so they knew he didn't do it.
#367 of 1109 Old 02-19-2009, 11:54 AM

You guys are brilliant! I never thought about Kate taking Aaron to his grandma. Craziness. And the pilot! I knew I recognized him but couldn't remember where he was from.

I wouldn't have been surprised to see Locke sit up once the shoes were on, too! LOL

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

#368 of 1109 Old 02-19-2009, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Don't tell me that my suspicion is correct: I have a feeling Ben killed Penny, or tried to kill her, that's where he went: "to tie up lose ends" and this way he will get Desmond back on the island to get vengeance.
#369 of 1109 Old 02-19-2009, 11:58 AM

I agree that ben went to see penny. i also believe that claire's mother is likely to have aaron. i dont know how hurley knew to be on the plane, one theory is that charlies spirit visited him again and told him to go & take a guitar. something else notes on the about website was how ben said his mother taught him to read. but bens mother died shortly after giving birth to him. wonder if it was a mistake, or if we are gonna find out something chnaged due to them messing with time... not sure if jin recognized them (ie not sure they are in same time period) or if he was just surprised they knew his name. i mean, why is he wearing a new dharma jumpsuit and driving a new bus? i think when john fixed the wheel he stopped the island from jumping through time so maybe it was in the time period dharma was there and all the team left there jin sawyer etc joined in with them? sorry bout misspells and typos, accessing from my phone with my newest angel sleeping in the crook of my arm...

To begin to save the world, we must first nurture the children. Read "The Continuum Concept: In Search of Happiness Lost"    saynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactlact.gifMe-hippie.gifreading.gifhelp.gif10.5 yo dd1- nut.gifreading.gifblahblah.gif ; 5 yo dd2- angel.gifhearts.gifbouncy.gif
#370 of 1109 Old 02-19-2009, 12:02 PM

Good catch on the fact that Ben's mother died while giving birth to him. Maybe he was just being snarky though?

Anyone see that Ben was reading Ulysses on the plane?

Rachel, mom to Jake (5/04) and Alexia (7/07) a surprise UC thanks to hypnobabies!
#371 of 1109 Old 02-19-2009, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemummy View Post
Ack! Also a first time poster on the thread, but long time watcher.

Soooo, I'm wondering if Aaron is with Claire's mom too. But why would Kate be so devastated?? I'm wondering if Ben underhandedly had something to do with that. Also super curious about Jin in the uniform - and what happened to Sun, Sayid and Hurley??

Can't wait for next week. All the story line around Locke is getting really tangled and confusing the heck out of me. Anyone else expect him to sit up and start talking when Jack was putting the shoes on him?

i think sun sayid and the others on the flight that belonged to the island (frank, the new man that gave jack condolences, even john lockes body) may have landed in a different time anomaly? there was the flash and eloise hawking did say the results would be unpredictable since they didnt all go (aaron, desmond)... but how weird would it be if aaron and claires mom were in the back of the plane... i mean, the coincidence of frank being the pilot, and sayid being transported to a military installation in guam for questioning (my own thought for why he was on plane) i dont think the plane crashed, i think they were pulled off the flight, all of those that belonged to the island... o the week is sooo long waiting for answers

To begin to save the world, we must first nurture the children. Read "The Continuum Concept: In Search of Happiness Lost"    saynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactlact.gifMe-hippie.gifreading.gifhelp.gif10.5 yo dd1- nut.gifreading.gifblahblah.gif ; 5 yo dd2- angel.gifhearts.gifbouncy.gif
#372 of 1109 Old 02-19-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelovesmax View Post
Don't tell me that my suspicion is correct: I have a feeling Ben killed Penny, or tried to kill her, that's where he went: "to tie up lose ends" and this way he will get Desmond back on the island to get vengeance.
Ben is the type of guy to keep his twisted promises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelsi View Post
Good catch on the fact that Ben's mother died while giving birth to him. Maybe he was just being snarky though?

Anyone see that Ben was reading Ulysses on the plane?
The writers of Lost actually told the viewers in one of the Lost Experience extras to read Ulysses. The last episode of that book is called Penelope.
#373 of 1109 Old 02-19-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatteras Gal View Post
I like Frank better with his beard.
I agree!! He needs to either grow the beard or cut his hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reader18 View Post
Last night was kind of a frustrating episode for me. After the last couple with a lot of cool answers regarding Danielle, this episode just seemed to be full of a lot more questions again with little satisfying answers.
Funny, b/c I tend to find the episodes with more questions to be more exciting for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemummy View Post
Soooo, I'm wondering if Aaron is with Claire's mom too. But why would Kate be so devastated??

Well, Kate DID love Aaron. And I don't believe she ever wanted to go back to the island. So whatever made her change her mind would mean that she was going against everything she felt in her gut.

PLUS - to give Aaron to Claire's mother would mean telling the truth. About how Claire didn't die in the crash, and how she birthed a son. That would be hard enough to explain, but it would also rip open Claire's mother's wounds and cause her to have to revisit and re-grieve her daughter. I may not like kate, but I do know she's not a heartless person and that, I think, would be upsetting as well. Oh, and scary since she just let out the secret and who knows where that can of worms will lead to.

BUT my dh is convinced Aaron is (was) on the plane.

And abotu Locke - yes. Dh is also convinced neither he nor Christian Shephard were ever dead - he said it all had to do with that spider that did in Nikki and Paolo. Of course in the preview Locke said he remembered his death so maybe that theory is out the window (for the bes? ) but, yes, I was just waiting for Locke to wake up.

Quote:
I think that's likely. We also know Ben is a big fat liar so we can't believe anything that comes out of his mouth. AND we also know we can't just let anything he says slip by b/c there is more to meets the eye with him.

It was one of the best lines of the show last night, though. That and, "We're not going to Guam, are we?" Lapidus didn't look at all upset knowing abotu an impending plane crash. I like that guy.

I have a feeling Ben may be dead. He did say he could not go back to the island, didn't he? I will cry SO HARD if he's dead.
#374 of 1109 Old 02-19-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karika View Post
with my newest angel sleeping in the crook of my arm...
: Congratulations!!!!

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#375 of 1109 Old 02-19-2009, 01:26 PM

We read Ulysses in high school, I sure wish I could remember all the details instead of having to google it all. I do remember that Ulysses parallels the Odyssey and of course there are too many parallels to count on Lost.

Rachel, mom to Jake (5/04) and Alexia (7/07) a surprise UC thanks to hypnobabies!
#376 of 1109 Old 02-19-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatteras Gal View Post
I also thought that if Claire's mom was still in town, she took Aaron to her.
YEah, that would someone who would love him and keep him away from whoever else it is that wants him....then again if those lawyers have an eye on here, she may not be the safest place.

DS 12/22/05 and DD 5/24/09
#377 of 1109 Old 02-19-2009, 02:01 PM

I hope she gave Aaron to Claire's mother, which she should have done 3 years ago. I don't think the lawyers actually wanted Aaron. I think Ben was just trying to scare Kate into going back.

#378 of 1109 Old 02-19-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karika View Post
I something else notes on the about website was how ben said his mother taught him to read. but bens mother died shortly after giving birth to him. wonder if it was a mistake, or if we are gonna find out something chnaged due to them messing with time....
I think that was just a snark line...could have just as easily said "I learned in grade school" or something. But maybe it could be more.

#379 of 1109 Old 02-19-2009, 02:09 PM

Yeah that is what I thought.

#380 of 1109 Old 02-19-2009, 02:11 PM

Just reading through - I totally forgot that Aaron *should* be on the plane, if everyone who was on teh island is to be on the plane.
What about Sun's child...technically she *was* on the island, just not born yet.

#381 of 1109 Old 02-19-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limabean1975 View Post
Just reading through - I totally forgot that Aaron *should* be on the plane, if everyone who was on teh island is to be on the plane.
What about Sun's child...technically she *was* on the island, just not born yet.
Yeah, what's up w/ Sun's baby?!

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#382 of 1109 Old 02-19-2009, 02:15 PM

Unless someone else took Ji Yeon's place (ex. if Kate is pregnant).
#383 of 1109 Old 02-19-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthatgirl View Post
Yeah, what's up w/ Sun's baby?!
I thought there'd be more to Sun's baby too - but we saw her with Sun's mother when she called. Hmmm...

How would Aaron be on the plane?? Now I'm curious.

Full time working mom to two bright and busy little girls! treehugger.gif
#384 of 1109 Old 02-19-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen816 View Post
Thsi is my first post guys, but I didn't have anyone to talk to about tonight's episode! I know they made a big deal in the episode about Thomas the doubter, but did anyone notice that the Ajira Airlines flight was #316? Is this a reference to the biblical passage John 3:16? I am assuming that they are now setting up John Locke as Jesus and Jack as Thomas. So, who is Judas?
I thought that too.
#385 of 1109 Old 02-19-2009, 05:13 PM

I was thinking that just someone had to be pregnant while on the plane....thinking maybe Kate with Jack's baby? Of course they dtd the night before presumably, so that's really barely not even pregnant :

#386 of 1109 Old 02-19-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splendid View Post
Unless someone else took Ji Yeon's place (ex. if Kate is pregnant).
Claire was pregnant on the plane, not Sun (she got pregnant on the island). So it would be someone pregnant with a baby/fetus/embryo taking Aaron's place.

Quote:
I was thinking that just someone had to be pregnant while on the plane....thinking maybe Kate with Jack's baby? Of course they dtd the night before presumably, so that's really barely not even pregnant :
I thought this too.
#387 of 1109 Old 02-19-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cersha View Post
In Re:Charlie/Desmond....Did Desmond LIE about Claire and Aaron on the helicopter?? I mean, wasn't that the only flash that we DIDN'T see? Or did he actually see that, and something just changed? It upsets me to think that Charlie died for nothing...especially if Desmond lied about what he saw.
that really ticks me off too! And Aaron, what is going to become of him??

~Shannon~ Proud Mama of 3 girls, ages 7,4, and 2.
#388 of 1109 Old 02-19-2009, 07:02 PM

AND
none of them are asking questions about how they are going to get OFF the island once they get back?! If I were Sun, I would be freaking out about leaving my baby for what might be forever. I guess at least she is safe....
Aaron and Walt ARE special, they have to come back into the picture at some point.
I am hoping for a Jin Sun reunion next week

#389 of 1109 Old 02-19-2009, 07:05 PM

AND I fear Bens issue was getting rid of Penny as well. Either doing her in or kidnapping her, thus making Desmond has no choice but to return to the island (ben might need him on the island, the island needs des, and des would want to go get revenge)

#390 of 1109 Old 02-19-2009, 07:39 PM

When I first saw Kate lying on the rock I thought it was Aaron ... then once I realized it was Kate I was wondering where the heck Aaron was ... then it kind of freaked me out that nobody else was wondering where Aaron was, I was thinking what the heck is wrong with everyone?

Now I just want to know ... where is Aaron!?

Mom to DD born 1989 DS born 1993 and grandma to
DGS born 2005

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page