Countdown to LOST!!! Season 5 - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-21-2009, 05:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kate and Jack need to go jump off a cliff, I swear. I used to like Kate but she just gets more annoying. And Jack has always been annoying. Poor Sawyer, he totally deserves better.

I mean, seriously. Kate does whatever she does, gives Aaron to someone else, but WHY?? I'm sure they'll explain it eventually, but right now it doesn't feel right. And WTF, Jack? You're just going to take "never ask me about it again" as an answer for where your nephew is? What a crock. :

I guess I might feel differently if I thought Kate and Jack had some deep, meaningful connection and love... but I don't. I don't buy it. They've got all the chemistry of 2 wet dishrags.

I actually thought Juliet would have been good for Jack. If she could have stood his incessant whining and crying.

--"Mama Bear" : to DD 8/06
Tree-hugging :, queer-loving , liberal, feminist hippie mom! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2009, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBluebird View Post
I mean, seriously. Kate does whatever she does, gives Aaron to someone else, but WHY?? I'm sure they'll explain it eventually
I think they already did. Clare came to Kate in a dream/vision and made it extremely clear not to bring Aaron back to the island. "DON'T YOU DARE", remember?
Old 02-21-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansricerevolt View Post
Because thats his grandma. Unless it was against Claires wishes, she should have given Aaron to his grandmother from the get go.
Yep.

I think they could have come up with a story like Claire survived, but died in childbirth, and Aaron survived or something. I think it is disgusting that she did not give Aaron to Claire's mother asap.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:

I guess I might feel differently if I thought Kate and Jack had some deep, meaningful connection and love... but I don't. I don't buy it. They've got all the chemistry of 2 wet dishrags.
This had me laughup
Old 02-21-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
I mean, seriously. Kate does whatever she does, gives Aaron to someone else, but WHY?? I'm sure they'll explain it eventually, but right now it doesn't feel right. And WTF, Jack? You're just going to take "never ask me about it again" as an answer for where your nephew is? What a crock. :
But that's who Jack is. And the two of them DO have chemistry together, IMO, but it's not the GOOD kind. They keep gravitating to each other b/c they are both dysfunctional and have no intention of changing that. They sense that in the other person and and are drawn back to them. And, yes, I hate them, too. But, actually Jack did jump off a cliff in this recent episode. Unfortunately it just wasn't high enough. :rofl

I hope my kids do not end up with their grandparents - we happen to come from dysfunctional families with mental illness and alcoholism and other fun stuff like that. I *do* hope my kids feel like they can leave their kids to us, but I don't think it makes me a bad person for wanting my kids to go elsewhere. Since this discussion seems to be headed in a strange direction I figured I'd defend those of us who choose otherwise.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:45 PM

I don't have a problem with peole not giving their kids to their parents. If something happened to me, I wouldn't either, but thatw asn't Kate's decision to make.

Old 02-21-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lissa View Post
I don't have a problem with peole not giving their kids to their parents. If something happened to me, I wouldn't either, but thatw asn't Kate's decision to make.
Agreed.

But didn't Claire have a huge falling out with her mother? Maybe Kate knew that? Also, (stretching here) maybe it was just to keep Aaron safe?

Full time working mom to two bright and busy little girls! treehugger.gif
Old 02-21-2009, 04:51 PM

From what I recall, she had regular teenaged fight with her mom, and then her mom was in the accident and in a coma, and Claire felt bad. I don't think they had a huge fall out or her mother was a bad person.

I could maybe understand keeping him safe, but I think that's weak.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

guys, don't forget that Kate knew that Claire was going to give Aaron up for adoption in LA, perhaps that was one of the reasons she decided to keep him.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:20 PM

I wondered (I don't remember exactly what was said between Jack and Claire's mom at the funeral), but did Claire's mom even know she was pg, since she was in a coma during all of that? I know Claire told her during a hospital visit, but that doesn't mean she came out of the coma knowing, ya know? (not that it really changes anything, but I just wasn't sure how that played out...)

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

Old 02-21-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1babysmom View Post
I wondered (I don't remember exactly what was said between Jack and Claire's mom at the funeral), but did Claire's mom even know she was pg, since she was in a coma during all of that? I know Claire told her during a hospital visit, but that doesn't mean she came out of the coma knowing, ya know? (not that it really changes anything, but I just wasn't sure how that played out...)
She did tell Jack that Claire was going to give the baby up for adoption in LA. Which leads me to believe that she wasn't interested in having the baby, or Claire wasn't interested in her having him. However, all that dynamic could have changed once Claire was supposedly dead. Wait - is Claire dead?

the_lissa - I agree, pretty weak but I'm grasping at straws here!

Full time working mom to two bright and busy little girls! treehugger.gif
Old 02-21-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenVeils View Post
I think they already did. Clare came to Kate in a dream/vision and made it extremely clear not to bring Aaron back to the island. "DON'T YOU DARE", remember?
I've been thinking about the various factions - Widmore, Ben, Richard & The Others...

I'm not so sure that Ben and the Others have the same agenda re. the island. And I'm thinking that Jacob may have a totally different agenda than all the above-mentioned. I think that the (visions?) of Christian Shepherd and Claire are representing Jacob....and Jacob did not want Aaron coming back to the island. Why did Jacob say "Help me"? Maybe he wants to spare others from the fate that has befallen him....whatever that may be...

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

Old 02-21-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemummy View Post
She did tell Jack that Claire was going to give the baby up for adoption in LA. Which leads me to believe that she wasn't interested in having the baby, or Claire wasn't interested in her having him. However, all that dynamic could have changed once Claire was supposedly dead. Wait - is Claire dead?

the_lissa - I agree, pretty weak but I'm grasping at straws here!
Oh that's right! I couldn't remember what she said during their conversation.

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

Old 02-21-2009, 10:56 PM

Clare isn't dead. She walked away from Aaron out of the blue to go live with Christian and Jacob in the cabin.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Sure. But that doesn't explain why Kate decided to go back. She was perfectly happy the way things were. The lawyer was Ben's, they weren't going to keep pursuing her.

I actually wonder if Sun had a hand in it. Convinced her somehow? Sun is all about getting Jin back if at all possible. And she was guilt tripping Kate in the hotel. She could have convinced Kate it was all her fault that Jin wasn't with them so Kate had to go back, etc.

--"Mama Bear" : to DD 8/06
Tree-hugging :, queer-loving , liberal, feminist hippie mom! :
Old 02-22-2009, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Sure. But that doesn't explain why Kate decided to go back. She was perfectly happy the way things were. The lawyer was Ben's, they weren't going to keep pursuing her.

I actually wonder if Sun had a hand in it. Convinced her somehow? Sun is all about getting Jin back if at all possible. And she was guilt tripping Kate in the hotel. She could have convinced Kate it was all her fault that Jin wasn't with them so Kate had to go back, etc.
I don't know. This is why I only participate a little bit in Lost threads anywhere (not just on MDC). To me it's just a TV show. My favorite one hands down, but I can't get into all of the convoluted theories. I figure that they will answer the important things at some point, the rest is just what it is.

Just like any TV show though, I mean I don't sit around analyzing every move that happened offscreen or on during Bones or House or Three's Company either, you know?
Old 02-22-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
I don't know. This is why I only participate a little bit in Lost threads anywhere (not just on MDC). To me it's just a TV show. My favorite one hands down, but I can't get into all of the convoluted theories. I figure that they will answer the important things at some point, the rest is just what it is.

Just like any TV show though, I mean I don't sit around analyzing every move that happened offscreen or on during Bones or House or Three's Company either, you know?
Oh gosh, I am glad I am not the only LOST watcher who doesn't get *that* into it. I enjoy reading what people say on these threads, and sometimes I am like "wow, people really put a LOT of thought into this". I must just not have the brain power

:Patty :fireman Catholic, intactalactivist, co-sleeping, GDing, HSing, no-vax Mama to .........................:..........hale:
Old 02-22-2009, 12:43 PM

I always get a chuckle out of people who rewatch every episode backwards and forwards (literally backwards too), analyze screenshots of every scene, do in depth research.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:37 PM

Oh, but that's what I love about Lost - it's so thoughtworthy. I can see how you can enjoy it simply by watching it, but I really love to dissect it (or, rather read about what other people have dissected LOL). It's more than just a TV show for me, it's also exercise for my brain.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:27 PM

i know this is a vile thought, but when someoone up thread posted "i hope ben didn't do what i thought he did." i immediately thought that maybe he had killed aaron. that was the first person i had thought of, not penny.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:29 PM

I was actually wondering about baby charlie .
Old 02-22-2009, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcents View Post
i know this is a vile thought, but when someoone up thread posted "i hope ben didn't do what i thought he did." i immediately thought that maybe he had killed aaron. that was the first person i had thought of, not penny.
Maybe...but him saying something like "I have to keep a promise to an old friend" made me immediately think of his promise to Widmore, to kill his daughter since Widmore killed Alex/ben's daughter. AND he was calling Jack from a harbor where there were boats (Penny lived on a boat)...plus, it looked like she put up a hell of a fight considering Ben's condition and how his voice was shaking. Killing Penny would satisfy his desire for revenge...but i'm not sure if he killed baby Charlie. By killing the baby, it would leave nothing for Desmond, thereby increasing his chances of returning to the island (after all, i cant imagine him returning with his baby like the other parents he wouldnt want to risk his life that way)...i wonder if Desmond will be forced into an alliance with Widmore to get revenge for Penny?? Since Widmore and Ben are enemies?

I really like Ben so this is presenting all sorts of moral dilemmas for me.

Katherine

Katherine, single homeschooling mom to Boy Genius (17) geek.gif  Thing One (6) and Thing Two (6) fencing.gif and one outgoing Girl (12) bikenew.gif and hoping for more through foster care and adoption homebirth.jpgadoptionheart-1.gif 
Old 02-22-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenjane View Post

I really like Ben so this is presenting all sorts of moral dilemmas for me.

Katherine
Me, too. Ben is hands down my favorite character. I think he's complex in a more real way than some of the other characters (the complexities of people like Jack and Kate seem very, very forced at times). I wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley (or, uh, on a deserted island ), but I love him on the show.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:35 PM

I had a thought the other day. Notice that only those who have changed for the better stayed on the island eg. Sawyer, Jin; but those who held onto their old personalities left.

I found an episode in season 4 that I had never seen until last night. Remember when Juliet and Jack were on their way to the Tempest to catch up with Charlotte and Daniel? Juliet's old therapist (Goodwin's wife) met them in the jungle, told them to kill the scientists, and then disappeared. DISAPPEARED. Was she travelling through time?
Old 02-23-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendtoall View Post
I had a thought the other day. Notice that only those who have changed for the better stayed on the island eg. Sawyer, Jin; but those who held onto their old personalities left.

I found an episode in season 4 that I had never seen until last night. Remember when Juliet and Jack were on their way to the Tempest to catch up with Charlotte and Daniel? Juliet's old therapist (Goodwin's wife) met them in the jungle, told them to kill the scientists, and then disappeared. DISAPPEARED. Was she travelling through time?
Ok, I think this show is going to have to be put in the queue for Netflix so we can rewatch and get it.

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

Old 02-23-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthatgirl View Post
Ok, I think this show is going to have to be put in the queue for Netflix so we can rewatch and get it.
You can watch all the episodes for free on ABC.com. I watched all 5 seasons in a week that way...they even streamed without lots of stopping, and we don't even have fast internet!

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Old 02-23-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1babysmom View Post
You can watch all the episodes for free on ABC.com. I watched all 5 seasons in a week that way...they even streamed without lots of stopping, and we don't even have fast internet!
Yes - ABC has THE best video player out of all the networks. My internet is not fast at all and it still plays really well.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:16 PM

I think it's fun to read all the theories, but I rarely come up with my own... I don't know that I have the brain power! I do listen to the Jay and Jack podcast, which is great. And I read Lostpedia occasionally at work. So much happens on Lost that it's hard to keep up. These podcasts, etc. are a way I can keep up and wrap my head around some of the storyline while I wait for the next episode.

So, they had to recreate the original flight as much as possible. Sayid being escorted by a law-person, just like Kate was escorted on the first flight. Possibly Kate being pregnant, like Claire was?

And who was that guy that offered his condolences to Jack? He was interesting... maybe a plant by Widmore? He's on the flight, too. If there is a plant on this flight, perhaps there was also one on the original flight. Bernard? LOL. Come to think of it, wasn't there someone on the original flight that offered condolences to Jack on bringing his fathers body along??? Hmmm...
Old 02-23-2009, 03:21 PM

I keep reading about Kate being pregnant, which is plausible for a tv show, but drives me nuts because an egg most likely wouldn't even be fertilized yet, let alone implanted.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:32 PM

Yeah, I know. It's probably not the case. Although there does seem to be some sense of destiny on this show, so perhaps just the possibility is enough...

User Tag List