Forum Jump: 

Old 02-26-2009, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by friendtoall View Post
My first impression that it was the '70s - I didn't think the DI was there yet in the '50s.

I think Locke et al are on the other island, and he was looking across the ocean to "his" island.
I also think he was on the "other" island.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2009, 03:20 PM

Ok, the returning losties disappeared from the plane, they must have transported in a time flash back to dharma days because that is where Jin appears to be .... it looks like Locke and Ben are in a more recent time .. but when? And who left on the boat with lapitus? And where did the boats come from? And where are syied and sun?

Mom to DD born 1989 DS born 1993 and grandma to
DGS born 2005
Old 02-26-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie2 View Post
Ok, the returning losties disappeared from the plane, they must have transported in a time flash back to dharma days because that is where Jin appears to be .... it looks like Locke and Ben are in a more recent time .. but when? And who left on the boat with lapitus? And where did the boats come from? And where are syied and sun?
I think John and Ben are in a later time period. Do you remember the flash when Sawyer and Juliet et al found the outrigger boats? At that time, the camp on the beach was already in place, though it had been damaged, so it is after the time shifts started. Jack, Kate and Hurley (and presumably Sun) are in a time when the Dharma Initiative is in full swing.

Of course that doesn't explain why Ben is seen with them in the previews for next week.

Hmmmm.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:43 PM

I still like Ben's character. He obviously will do whatever it takes to get his way but that was apparent a long time ago
Old 02-26-2009, 03:48 PM

I LOVE to hate Ben

DGS born 2005
Old 02-26-2009, 04:20 PM

I don't think Ben actually thought that John had to die. For some reason, he didn't want John talking to Eloise Hawking. What would happen if John and Eloise met? Of course, in his attempt to keep them away, John's destiny of dying was fulfilled.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:49 PM

I wonder if after John said he had to see Eloise, Ben realized "Oh crap, I messed with what was supposed to happen" and then killed John.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:43 PM

I think, whatever his original intentions were, Ben was TOO nice to John - he had something up his sleeve. I've never seen him be that sugary and, frankly, I didn't like it.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrabelly View Post
I think, whatever his original intentions were, Ben was TOO nice to John - he had something up his sleeve. I've never seen him be that sugary and, frankly, I didn't like it.
I didn't like it either! Unnerving!

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
Old 02-26-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
I~Or *if* Ben's actually working for good, maybe he knew Locke had to be killed, rather than to kill himself.

I dunno.

This is what I think too. I bet there's some kind of "rule" that you can't kill yourself or it screws everything up. If you think about it from a reincarnation stand point (and remember that the name on the van spelled out reincarnation) commiting suicide would cause you to fall back in your spiritual evolution progress. By the look on Ben's face I don't think he really enjoyed killing Locke, but was stepping in to prevent Jon from making a mistake.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:42 PM

I think he was just talking him down until he could get all the info out of him that he needed, then took his opportunity to kill him once he was satisfied. I dont think it was a decision based on what John said.

DGS born 2005
Old 02-26-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
I think he was just talking him down until he could get all the info out of him that he needed, then took his opportunity to kill him once he was satisfied. I dont think it was a decision based on what John said.
I agree. I think that Ben wants back on the island desperately and knows that John, being in touch with Jacob and all, probably had info that would help him do so. I think he would've "helped" Locke until he got the info he needed....Locke just happened to give the Eloise info super fast and that was enough for Ben.

I feel bad for Locke...being used by both sides....

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

Old 02-26-2009, 10:44 PM

when John saw Ben lying there (at the end of the show) he didnt seem mad or upset at him at all ...

DGS born 2005
Old 02-27-2009, 02:06 AM

Quote:
My thoughts too.

What were the previews for next week?
Old 02-27-2009, 03:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
when John saw Ben lying there (at the end of the show) he didnt seem mad or upset at him at all ...
Well, Ben gave Locke exactly what he wanted, to be back (alive, no less) on the island, with all his people.

Katherine

Katherine, single homeschooling mom to Boy Genius (17) geek.gif  Thing One (6) and Thing Two (6) fencing.gif and one outgoing Girl (12) bikenew.gif and hoping for more through foster care and adoption homebirth.jpgadoptionheart-1.gif 
Old 02-27-2009, 11:17 AM

Ben has tried to kill Locke twice, I bet he's not going to give him a third chance.

I can't wait till next week!!!!

Never jump into a pile of leaves with a wet sucker. - Linus
Old 02-27-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that was ODD. And watching it (we watched last night), I was thinking, "John, what is WRONG with you? You're falling for it?? Really???"

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

Old 02-27-2009, 01:59 PM

I was looking up Benjamin Linus and here is some stuff I found that could tie into his name:

Daughter of Crotopus, the King of Argos and mother of Linus by Apollo. She feared her father and gave the infant Linus to shepherds to raise. He was torn apart by dogs after reaching adulthood and Psamathe was killed by her father, for which Apollo sent a child-killing plague to Argos.

Also Linus Pauling was born in Portland, Oregon as the first born child to Herman Henry William Pauling (1876–1910) and Lucy Isabelle "Belle" Darling (1881–1926).[4] He was one of the most influential chemists in history and ranks among the most important scientists in any field of the 20th century.

Also -- I looked into the play Helen (because of Locke's Helen) and here is what I found for the plot: Helen receives word from the exiled Greek Teukros that Menelaus has drowned, putting her in the perilous position of being available for Theoclymenos to marry, and she consults Theonoe, sister to the king, to find out her husband's fate.

Her fears are allayed when a stranger arrives in Egypt and turns out to be Menelaus himself, and the long-separated couple recognize each other. At first, Menelaus does not believe that she is the real Helen, since he has hidden the Helen he won in Troy in a cave. However, the woman he was shipwrecked with was in reality, only a mere phantom of the real Helen. Before the Trojan war even began, a judgement took place, one that Paris was involved in. He gave the Goddess Aphrodite the award of the fairest since she bribed him with Helen as a bride. To take their revenge on Paris, the remaining goddesses, Athene and Hera, replaced the real Helen with a phantom. However, Menelaus did not know better. But luckily one of his sailors steps in to inform him that the false Helen has disappeared into thin air.

Theoclymenos is furious when he learns of the trick and nearly murders his sister Theonoe for not telling him that Menelaus is still alive. However, he is prevented by the miraculous intervention of the demi-gods Castor and Polydeuces, brothers of Helen and the sons of Zeus and Leda.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splendid View Post
I believe that everyone is in some kind of vicious time loop where there are variables that change but the ending is the same. End game is Locke is important to everyone Ben, Widmore, and the island so when Locke told Widmore he (Locke) was supposed to die he couldn't understand since the end game has Locke alive. I think Richard knew Ben played a part in John's death.
I think John has created his own importance by going back in time and telling Richard he is special. Richard believes after he confirms John's birth a few years later. But really, John is nothing special.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
I think John has created his own importance by going back in time and telling Richard he is special. Richard believes after he confirms John's birth a few years later. But really, John is nothing special.
I'm starting to wonder this, too...
Old 02-27-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Ooooh that's good.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Lostpedia says that Charlotte was born in '79. It also says she might have left her father and two sisters behind on the island - perhaps Annie was a sister? Ben was born in the early 60's, so I guess he could be old enough to be her father. What is so strange is all the information he knew about her. Then, he does know a lot about a lot of people. Oh, to have a memory like that - I can barely remember what I ate for dinner last night!
I wonder if when Charlotte's mom took her off the island she then married Suns dad... having him as a step dad would be a reason for her speaking Korean. But then again, you'd think she would then know Sun.

Someone pointed out that if Kate does end up being pregnant by Jack, it would be Christians grandchild... just like Aaron. Perhaps the island knows that Christians grandchild is super important, that's why it has tried to take Aaron so many times- they just got the wrong grandchild, they really need Kate & John's kid.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
But as far as we can tell John can hear/see Jacob. Jacob told Locke to "move the island" and Locke had no idea what that meant at the time, though Ben did and Ben moved the island for him the first time. So I think that is something special about John.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JElaineB View Post
But as far as we can tell John can hear/see Jacob. Jacob told Locke to "move the island" and Locke had no idea what that meant at the time, though Ben did and Ben moved the island for him the first time. So I think that is something special about John.
Didn't Christian tell Locke to move the Island? Is Christian the new Jacob?
Maybe Christian is to Locke as Jacob is to Ben?

Claire told Kate not to bring Aaron back but I just re-watched that scene and she never said Aaron ... all she said was "him" ... maybe she meant Ben?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLB4WtKabSQ

DGS born 2005
Old 02-27-2009, 03:43 PM

Do you think the Dharma guy is Sun's dad?

DGS born 2005
Old 02-27-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:

Claire told Kate not to bring Aaron back but I just re-watched that scene and she never said Aaron ... all she said was "him" ... maybe she meant Ben?

Or maybe she meant Locke.

Didn't Hurley also say, "You aren't supposed to raise him, Jack", last season. The assumption is that he meant Aaron... maybe he also meant Locke.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:

Or Locke???
Old 02-27-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Do you think the Dharma guy is Sun's dad?
We know Suns dad, though... right?

I think the Dharma guy (Pierre Chang) is Miles dad.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:13 PM

WAtching that clip made me want Claire back! Is the actress off the staff permanently?

DS 12/22/05 and DD 5/24/09
Old 02-27-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ell-Bell View Post
We know Suns dad, though... right?

I think the Dharma guy (Pierre Chang) is Miles dad.
WHOA! Yeah! They do kind of look alike and have similar creepster vibes.

I love Miles' character and don't think they've explored it nearly enough yet.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?

User Tag List