Countdown to LOST!!! Season 5 - Page 37 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1081 of 1109 Old 05-15-2009, 04:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was thinking that maybe Jacob went back and met all the Losties when they were kids so that he (or they) would have a constant on the island?

I liked Jacob- I was bummed that he died so quickly... but maybe with the flash and all he won't really be dead, or something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1082 of 1109 Old 05-15-2009, 05:16 PM

Has anyone been reading the stuff on Entertainment weekly? I just got wind of it, and there is all sorts of good stuff to think about on there, it's helping me to make sense of all of it.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,1550...278837,00.html
#1083 of 1109 Old 05-15-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ell-Bell View Post
I was thinking that maybe Jacob went back and met all the Losties when they were kids so that he (or they) would have a constant on the island?

I liked Jacob- I was bummed that he died so quickly... but maybe with the flash and all he won't really be dead, or something.
Ah, that's a good idea! That would make sense.

I can't post what I said at the end of this episode as my mouth tends towards violating the UA. But I can not believe it. Crazy.

So now I'm wondering, was Locke ever important? Was the Jacob off island actually Jacob or was he Esau posing as Jacob for some weird reason? Will Juliet be alive in the future?

I am so glad that Radinsky (sp?) died. He was such a jerk and totally deserved it.

I loved this episode. But I still want old questions answered. What about Walt? I want a logical explanation for the smoke monster. Where did the Others originate (this is the only question I have that I'm pretty sure will get answered. With their whole "Not every question will be answered" bull I think they are planning on leaving some threads.)

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#1084 of 1109 Old 05-15-2009, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwebbal View Post
Has anyone been reading the stuff on Entertainment weekly? I just got wind of it, and there is all sorts of good stuff to think about on there, it's helping me to make sense of all of it.

Thanks! This was a great read! Totally worth the 7 pages
#1085 of 1109 Old 05-15-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansricerevolt View Post
Thanks! This was a great read! Totally worth the 7 pages
Read the other pages, watch the videos, lots of great information in there. I am finally making sense of more stuff.
#1086 of 1109 Old 05-15-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttix2 View Post
I am so glad that Radinsky (sp?) died. He was such a jerk and totally deserved it.
He did? I missed it... I saw Phil (Paul?) die, with the rebar through through his chest.

I agree that Radzinsky was a jerk. I was just waiting for him to bite it, I'm sorry I missed it.

--"Mama Bear" : to DD 8/06
Tree-hugging :, queer-loving , liberal, feminist hippie mom! :
#1087 of 1109 Old 05-15-2009, 07:07 PM

Did Radzinsky die?? I thought he escaped from the jeep that was being dragged down the hole.

If this was "the incident", Radzinsky will spend the next however many years stuck pushing The Button...before killing himself.

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

#1088 of 1109 Old 05-15-2009, 08:26 PM

Radzinsky didn't die. He will one day start a map made of fabric softener that glows in a black light that shows (vaguley) the location of the other stations. After he beings that map he kills himself, leave Kelvin Inman and Desmond Hume to "lock down" the Swan in order to finish it. Don't remember what episode shows that.

Elizabeth wife to Matt , mom to Logan (2/21/01) , and little man Desmond (9/23/08)

Mourning the loss of her father: Robert Edward Dillon 5/31/52 - 01/03/2011

#1089 of 1109 Old 05-15-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwebbal View Post

Wowza! My thoughts...

Ok so Jacob may have touched them all to sort of remove them from time and be that variable so the past can be changed.... But did he touch Juliet? I don't recall that...

I am so glad I am not the only one who saw the whole shift from dark to light with the LOST thing. But I hadn't remembered the beginning of the show where Locke shows Walt the backgammon pieces and points out one light, one dark.

I don't think Jacob and "Esau" are really them or anyone else in history or myth but rather the representation of good and evil light and dark ????

The guy points out that the possible Black Rock ship in the beginning looks like the one Alpert was making an episode or so back and asks if we were witnessing Alpert's arrival. Yes! I wonder this as well. But something in me thinks he is even older than that.

I need to eat but I'll be back with more thoughts later... if I remember...

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#1090 of 1109 Old 05-15-2009, 11:47 PM

He didn't touch juliet, because he wasn't in her flashback at all.

I was also mulling around the same theory as this guy - that Jacob actually wanted Ben to kill him. . .so he can somehow change something, or prove something, or gain power in some way. He seemed like he knew exactly what to say to push Ben's killer button. Had he just shown Ben some kindness in that "What about me?" moment, he might have backed off. Instead, he threw it back at him, which seemed like exactly the thing to do to make Ben kill him.
#1091 of 1109 Old 05-16-2009, 01:49 AM

I just had a thought while nursing the baby to sleep. Before they did the big reveal of "Locke" being alive they showed him first wearing a black hooded cape...

Elizabeth wife to Matt , mom to Logan (2/21/01) , and little man Desmond (9/23/08)

Mourning the loss of her father: Robert Edward Dillon 5/31/52 - 01/03/2011

#1092 of 1109 Old 05-16-2009, 03:47 AM

The tapestry Jacob wove has Greek writing on it: http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1025/picture1eft.png

Someone on one of dh's message boards has it as
Quote:
ΘΕΟΙ ΤΟΣΑ ΔΟΙΕΝ ΟΣΑ ΦΡΕΣΙ ΣΗΣΙ ΜΕΝΟΙΝΑΣ, which translates to "May the gods grant thee all that thy heart desires". There was another message in the middle of the tapestry too: ΘΕΟΙ ΔΕ ΤΟΙ ΟΛΒΙΑ ΔΟΙΕΝ, which translates to "May the gods give you happiness".
I have some thoughts about the finale, but I have to go, so hopefully I'll remember.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#1093 of 1109 Old 05-19-2009, 06:42 PM

Maybe I'm way off base here (this is the only LOST thread I read- I'm even too lazy to click the links from this thread! ) but I think the guy in black might have been Richard. He was older in that scene but later when Fake Locke asks Richard how/why he has looked the same for so long, he says "Jacob did it to me" or something like that. So I think it's possible that Jacob made him "young" and condemned Richard to serve him forever. But AI have no idea - maybe I'm just talking crazy talk?!
#1094 of 1109 Old 05-19-2009, 09:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was thinking about the guy in black, on the island years ago with Jacob (i guess they are calling him The Rival on lost boards?)...i suppose we assume he is the bad guy and jacob is the good guy, but in that scene, i think jacob kind of came off as an ass, and i felt kinda sorry for the other guy. And..i dunno...jacob seemed a little creepy in all the flashback scenes (helping "katie", meeting hurley, etc)....i didnt get the "jesus feel" from him, like this was some amazing guy i would want to serve all my life, yknow?

So, it makes me wonder...who should we be rooting for here? (Personally, i'm on Team Ben, screw everyone else, but thats just me! )

Katherine

Katherine, single homeschooling mom to Boy Genius (17) geek.gif  Thing One (6) and Thing Two (6) fencing.gif and one outgoing Girl (12) bikenew.gif and hoping for more through foster care and adoption homebirth.jpgadoptionheart-1.gif 
#1095 of 1109 Old 05-19-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenjane View Post
I was thinking about the guy in black, on the island years ago with Jacob (i guess they are calling him The Rival on lost boards?)...i suppose we assume he is the bad guy and jacob is the good guy, but in that scene, i think jacob kind of came off as an ass, and i felt kinda sorry for the other guy. And..i dunno...jacob seemed a little creepy in all the flashback scenes (helping "katie", meeting hurley, etc)....i didnt get the "jesus feel" from him, like this was some amazing guy i would want to serve all my life, yknow?
I agree. Plus, im convinced that it was him who caused Nadia (is this her name?) Sayid's wife to be hit by a car. Very un-Jesus like IMO
#1096 of 1109 Old 05-19-2009, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansricerevolt View Post
I agree. Plus, im convinced that it was him who caused Nadia (is this her name?) Sayid's wife to be hit by a car. Very un-Jesus like IMO
Unless they both would have been hit and Jacob saved Sayid's life when he stopped him to ask a question.

Mom to DS March '05 and : DD Feb. '08
#1097 of 1109 Old 05-20-2009, 12:22 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I don't think so, because she stopped for a minute in the road and seemed distracted, and if she had been paying attention, she might have jumped out of the way. The car hitting her looked deliberate.
#1098 of 1109 Old 05-20-2009, 07:44 AM

Quote:

So, it makes me wonder...who should we be rooting for here? (Personally, i'm on Team Ben, screw everyone else, but thats just me! )

Katherine
I've been going back and forth on this as well. I think that Jacob could be "God-like" ... upset or saddened by the bad things that are going on and giving people second chances (Sawyer, showing Kate grace) ... saving Sayid, giving Hurley hope in the taxi that he isn't crazy. Even that scene with Ben he looked grieved as he said, "what about you?" because of Ben's prideful self-focus... but focusing on free will -- it was their choice. However, it occurred to me that each scene could be read differently: Enabling Kate to continue to steal, giving the pen to Sawyer to continue his bitterness, killing Nadya?, helping Hurley in his delusions, the only think I'm confused about is Sun/Jin and their blessing.
#1099 of 1109 Old 05-20-2009, 01:52 PM

re: the car hitting Nadia- another thought is the Jacob visiting the Losties happened after the fact meaning they had already gone through time and then Jacob went back in time and touched them at these moments. Did that make any sense? : So basically Nadia had already been killed and Jacob went back and touched Sayid then. Originally maybe Sayid escaped being hit for a different reason.

Also I just thought that maybe Juliet is now unstuck in time like Des???

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#1100 of 1109 Old 05-20-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
the only think I'm confused about is Sun/Jin and their blessing.
They had infertility issues. Sun couldn't conceive until she was on the island.
#1101 of 1109 Old 05-20-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magstphil View Post
re: the car hitting Nadia- another thought is the Jacob visiting the Losties happened after the fact meaning they had already gone through time and then Jacob went back in time and touched them at these moments. Did that make any sense? : So basically Nadia had already been killed and Jacob went back and touched Sayid then. Originally maybe Sayid escaped being hit for a different reason.
Interesting idea...
#1102 of 1109 Old 05-22-2009, 04:49 PM

I just rewatched "Raised By Another" the other day on SciFi and am thinking about Claire & Aaron and Man in Black Shirt, etc.

The psychic told Claire she must not let anyone else raise her baby, otherwise it will be a danger to all. Then, all the sudden he wants Claire to go on the doomed Oceanic flight (allegedly to have baby adopted in LA). Charlie and Claire think they've figured out that the psychic knew the flight would crash but Claire would survive, and therefore be forced to raise her own baby. I think that's plausible, but...

What if the psychic was influenced in some way by Jacob's Black-shirted companion, who had a different plan for Aaron? Maybe he wanted to get Claire onto the island in order to ensure her separation from Aaron. It would seem that apparitions of Christian have been Black-Shirt Guy, and Christian was the one who led Claire away from Aaron. Now Aaron is being "raised by another." Maybe Aaron is, in Black Shirt Guy's opinion, destined to come into power (maybe a non-benign power), and Black Shirt Guy wants to take advantage of that.

Is Claire being kept hostage in some way? Has she been brain-washed? Is Christian corporeal (like fake Locke)? They have real Locke's dead body, but we've never seen Christian's dead body. What's the Shepard legacy? Will Jack and Claire somehow end up on "opposing teams"?

Oh, the questions! They'll never end!!

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

#1103 of 1109 Old 05-22-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_telling View Post
I just rewatched "Raised By Another" the other day on SciFi and am thinking about Claire & Aaron and Man in Black Shirt, etc.

The psychic told Claire she must not let anyone else raise her baby, otherwise it will be a danger to all. Then, all the sudden he wants Claire to go on the doomed Oceanic flight (allegedly to have baby adopted in LA). Charlie and Claire think they've figured out that the psychic knew the flight would crash but Claire would survive, and therefore be forced to raise her own baby. I think that's plausible, but...

What if the psychic was influenced in some way by Jacob's Black-shirted companion, who had a different plan for Aaron? Maybe he wanted to get Claire onto the island in order to ensure her separation from Aaron. It would seem that apparitions of Christian have been Black-Shirt Guy, and Christian was the one who led Claire away from Aaron. Now Aaron is being "raised by another." Maybe Aaron is, in Black Shirt Guy's opinion, destined to come into power (maybe a non-benign power), and Black Shirt Guy wants to take advantage of that.

Is Claire being kept hostage in some way? Has she been brain-washed? Is Christian corporeal (like fake Locke)? They have real Locke's dead body, but we've never seen Christian's dead body. What's the Shepard legacy? Will Jack and Claire somehow end up on "opposing teams"?

This made me think of something....What if Aaron is Jacob? I'm so confused with the time travel/apparition (ie. John not actually being John), that I guess it might be possible?
#1104 of 1109 Old 05-22-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:

I just rewatched that too and one thing that struck me was her dream -- with Locke with the black and white eye. Very spooky with all that is going on in season 5. Here is what Locke says to her during her dream: "He was your responsibility but you gave him away, Claire. Everyone pays the price now."

http://www.lost-tv.com/transcripts/Raised_By_Another_Lost.htm
#1105 of 1109 Old 05-23-2009, 01:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had a thought about Jacob going back and touching some of the survivors, the other day, at midnight in the shower. (thats the only time i get to think about these things!)...i keep forgetting to post though...

Is it possible that they will succeed in having their plane never crash, but instead of "none of this every happening" and kate, sawyer, jack etc not remembering each other, that Jacob, through touching each person, gave them the gift of knowledge, of remembering each other and their time on the island.....the other passengers will get off the plane none the wiser, but our friends will know they have been given a second chance, and what they do with it (how they choose to live their lives) is now up to them.

Well...it seemed like a huge epiphany when i had the thought.

About Claire and Aaron, i've recorded that episode so i'll reserve my thoughts until i've watched it, but it sounds spooky. I dont remember too much about the original episode even though i know i've seen it. I've wondered why in the beginning of the series they made a huge point about walt being "special", aaron being "special" but then they seemed to sort of drop that storyline.

Katherine

Katherine, single homeschooling mom to Boy Genius (17) geek.gif  Thing One (6) and Thing Two (6) fencing.gif and one outgoing Girl (12) bikenew.gif and hoping for more through foster care and adoption homebirth.jpgadoptionheart-1.gif 
#1106 of 1109 Old 05-25-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:

Is it possible that they will succeed in having their plane never crash, but instead of "none of this every happening" and kate, sawyer, jack etc not remembering each other, that Jacob, through touching each person, gave them the gift of knowledge, of remembering each other and their time on the island.....the other passengers will get off the plane none the wiser, but our friends will know they have been given a second chance, and what they do with it (how they choose to live their lives) is now up to them.
Interesting idea but I just don't know what they would do the rest of the season...unless that will be the end of the season.

I was reading "Through the Looking Glass" last night and came upon the poem that Tweedledee tells Alice, "The Walrus and the Carpenter"

Several references have been made to Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass throughout the last several seasons (starting in season 1) ... so I thought it would be a good read. Here is what I found interesting ... The Walrus and the Carpenter is set on a beach, I've cut and pasted parts of this poem below:

"O Oysters, come and walk with us!"
The Walrus did beseech.
"A pleasant walk, a pleasant talk,
Along the briny beach:
We cannot do with more than four,
To give a hand to each."

The eldest Oyster looked at him,
But never a word he said:
The eldest Oyster winked his eye,
And shook his heavy head--
Meaning to say he did not choose
To leave the oyster-bed.

But four young Oysters hurried up,
All eager for the treat:
Their coats were brushed, their faces washed,
Their shoes were clean and neat--
And this was odd, because, you know,
They hadn't any feet.

Four other Oysters followed them,
And yet another four;
And thick and fast they came at last,
And more, and more, and more--
All hopping through the frothy waves,
And scrambling to the shore.

The Walrus and the Carpenter
Walked on a mile or so,
And then they rested on a rock
Conveniently low:
And all the little Oysters stood
And waited in a row....(taken some text out) "It seems a shame," the Walrus said,
"To play them such a trick,
After we've brought them out so far,
And made them trot so quick!"
The Carpenter said nothing but
"The butter's spread too thick!"

"I weep for you," the Walrus said:
"I deeply sympathize."
With sobs and tears he sorted out
Those of the largest size,
Holding his pocket-handkerchief
Before his streaming eyes.

"O Oysters," said the Carpenter,
"You've had a pleasant run!
Shall we be trotting home again?'
But answer came there none--
And this was scarcely odd, because
They'd eaten every one.

http://www.jabberwocky.com/carroll/p...ss21-small.gif

The link above is to the photo (original drawing that was in the book...) that seems a lot like the set up of Jacob and man in black during the beginning of the season finale.

I'm finding it very interesting because Lost seems to have several elements in common with this novel. (I've picked up: the Jaberwocky could = smoke monster; they are in a game of chess and Alice herself is a pawn; Alice herself will become a queen. Some people said it was an illegal chess move that made her queen and this is what I found on wikipedia:
Quote:
Although the chess problem is generally regarded as a nonsense composition because of the story's 'faulty link with chess' [3], the French researchers Christophe LeRoy and Sylvain Ravot have argued [4] that it actually contains a 'hidden code' by Carroll to the reader. The code is supposed to be related to Carroll's relationship with Alice Liddell, and apparently contains several references to Carroll's favorite number, 42.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Through_the_Looking-Glass

Alice Liddell was who the books were based on ... I found it interesting that Liddell sounded like one of the Lost characters names and then I realized I was thinking of Claire -- Littleton. Then I realized that her mom's name is "Carole" -- Carole Littleton. I also noticed that Alice's birth and death date contained some of the "numbers" she was born on the 4th of May and died the 16th of November ... and as quoted above there was something to do with the number 42 between the two of them.
#1107 of 1109 Old 05-26-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Now Aaron is being "raised by another." Maybe Aaron is, in Black Shirt Guy's opinion, destined to come into power (maybe a non-benign power), and Black Shirt Guy wants to take advantage of that.

I read some where that perhaps the quote is "raised by an other". And yes, I agree, I still feel like there are way more questions than answers!

Quote:
I've wondered why in the beginning of the series they made a huge point about walt being "special", aaron being "special" but then they seemed to sort of drop that storyline.

Katherine
I think they had to drop the kids simply because it was too hard to make them age and unage with the plot. I hope they do atleast explain what they meant by special.
#1108 of 1109 Old 05-26-2009, 10:11 PM

I understand that the kids and time travel don't mix...but as a mother (particularly since I had infertility issues) I just don't see how Sun leaves her child and goes back to the island...I LOVE LOVE LOVE my husband but I seriously don't think I could risk deserting my child forever in the hopes of saving my husband knowing how near impossible it is to get off the island and how treachurous it is there...

I also feel the same way about Kate...I mean she has all but adopted Aaron, so how do you abandon a child after being with them for three years...it truly makes my heartache when I think about those kids missing their mothers...even though they are ficticious...

I feel like I need to go buy all the season DVDs and watch them over to catch all the things I have missed and write down questions I want answers to...so much happens and it is not until I read threads like this that I realize how much goes on in each show...I am so going to miss this show after next season...each time one of my fave shows goes off the air I feel like I have lost a friend...1st it was Sex and the City, then Six Feet Under, Sopranos, and now Lost...I am too much of a TV junkie I guess, I get so attached!

Mama to Jack (12/7/06) & Liam (4/3/08) & Iris Hope (10/6/10)
#1109 of 1109 Old 05-26-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueIrises View Post
I feel like I need to go buy all the season DVDs and watch them over to catch all the things I have missed and write down questions I want answers to...so much happens and it is not until I read threads like this that I realize how much goes on in each show...I am so going to miss this show after next season...each time one of my fave shows goes off the air I feel like I have lost a friend...1st it was Sex and the City, then Six Feet Under, Sopranos, and now Lost...I am too much of a TV junkie I guess, I get so attached!
That's what I'm doing this summer! You can watch them all free on ABC.com, that's how I every episode in 2 weeks until I caught up this past winter.

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page