Countdown to LOST!!! Season 5 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-05-2009, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsmama View Post
Yes -- I thought that was a great episode! I loved the part about Jin, too!!! Oh -- and the scene with Claire and Kate! Does that mean that the people left on the island are the whispers???
I was wondering this as well.

I think it's pretty obvious now Miles is the Dharma guy's son. But who is Charlotte? Could Ellie have been her mother?

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsmama View Post
Yes -- I thought that was a great episode! I loved the part about Jin, too!!! Oh -- and the scene with Claire and Kate! Does that mean that the people left on the island are the whispers???
So, Jin is bumped back 16 years when the French group wrecked on the island. Do all the Losties time travel together so we can assume that's the year they all are right now? And if the ship disappeared in the first flash (Sawyer and Juliet saw the smoke on the horizon and then it was gone after the flash), how did Jin not stay with it? Because he was from the flight (and so is Michael out there somewhere, too?) or because the explosion threw him close enough to the island to be caught in the movement likethe people in the Zodiac? I knew somehting about Jin was going to happen but this raises ALOT of questions!

Kate and Claire: I've heard that about the whispers. If I had time, I'd go back to the original birth scene and see if there are whispers in it--or any indication that Sawyer is/was "there."
Old 02-05-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magstphil View Post

I think it's pretty obvious now Miles is the Dharma guy's son. But who is Charlotte? Could Ellie have been her mother?
I think Ellie is Daniel's mom, and I don't think they are brother and sister.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lissa View Post
:

I agree. I am trying to think back to some of the "others" or those from the Dharma initiative that could be Charlotte's parents. I can't think of anyone offhand that we have "met" yet. We DO know that Charlotte has been on the island before, and she's about the same age as Daniel and Miles, so it would have been around the time of Dharma.

OK, now I am thinking. If Ben came to the island when he was 10-12 or so, that was AFTER Dr. Dharma made the tapes. We KNOW that Dr. Dharma's child was an infant when he was making the tapes. That would make Miles only a few years younger than Ben. That just doesn't seem right to me. Ben seems SO much older than Miles, like at least 20 years. OH well, maybe I am reading too much into it.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by because View Post
So, Jin is bumped back 16 years when the French group wrecked on the island. Do all the Losties time travel together so we can assume that's the year they all are right now?
Yes. I think Jin has been unconscious, floating around in the ocean on that driftwood since the first time blip. If you remember, right before we see the French survivors on the raft, Charlotte et al find evidence of a shipwreck on the beach. So, all of the survivors are in the same time travel sequence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by because View Post
Kate and Claire: I've heard that about the whispers. If I had time, I'd go back to the original birth scene and see if there are whispers in it--or any indication that Sawyer is/was "there."
I think the whispers are likely the sounds of people from other time shifts. I don't think this is the first time that this has happened, so I think at one point, others have been trapped in the time shifts and that might be where some of the other whispers have come from.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:10 PM

Oh, and WHO was it that trashed the camp and had the outrigger boats?

And, where are Rose and Bernard? I'm sure they will come out of the blue and save the day somehow.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphine View Post
I think the whispers are likely the sounds of people from other time shifts. I don't think this is the first time that this has happened, so I think at one point, others have been trapped in the time shifts and that might be where some of the other whispers have come from.
Exactly. Rose, even mentions something like "I've heard this before" a few seasons ago. She's heard it before, because they are all in a vicious loop that they are living over and over again.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:07 PM

I thought Danielle and the french people crashed on the island in that huge black ship, the rock? Or whatever she called it. I knew it was her at the end it is so fun to watch and see if you can predict or remember where they are at. Like how Locke was able to explain to Sawyer about how he remembered the flash from when Boone died. And where is Claire? I am waiting for her to pop up.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:18 PM

No the black rock is a slave ship from the 1600s or 1700s.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:39 PM

The biggest question is: when did Danielle lose her French accent for something more Eastern European?

Anyway, I liked this episode best of all this season's so far, I think.

I think Dan KNOWS about Miles' past on the island. Well, I guess we saw him in the scene with Dr. Candle and since we all assume Miles much be Candle's son, then I guess that's obvious now that I type it out.

Woohoo for Jin!

One big thing I noticed was that Desmond seemed to be the only one aware of the flashes going on around him when he is not involved. When Locke disappeared from Richard Alpert's camp, and when Sawyer disappeared from Claire's birth scene - no one else reacted to the flashes of light. But when Dan went back to talk to Des at the hatch, Des DOES look at the sky when the flash begins. I haven't re-watched any of this so maybe I'm wrong, but this is my observation for now.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:47 PM

I do love how it does seem like things are finally coming together! :

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
Old 02-05-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
I dunno. I could see it but it makes more sense for her to be Charlotte's mother. For one they look similar and Dan kept looking at her and even said she reminded him of someone he knew and for two Dan isn't affected where Charlotte and Miles are because they have been there longer.

Buuuuuuut then again I am still wondering where the whole "Desmond is my constant" went from last season. Is that why Dan isn't affected?

Old 02-05-2009, 09:07 PM

If Ellie is his mother, it doesn't mean he was born on the island. I think he thought she looked familiar because it was his mother. PLus, it is quite likely that his mother is Eloise Hawking, and Ellie is a diminutive of Eloise.

Plus, Charlotte was born in 79 and if Ellie is mid 20's in 1954, it is unlikely, though not impossible, that she would have a baby in 79/

Old 02-05-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
If Ellie is his mother, it doesn't mean he was born on the island. I think he thought she looked familiar because it was his mother. PLus, it is quite likely that his mother is Eloise Hawking, and Ellie is a diminutive of Eloise.

Plus, Charlotte was born in 79 and if Ellie is mid 20's in 1954, it is unlikely, though not impossible, that she would have a baby in 79/
But is Dan really all that much older than Charlotte? Also I think there is some sort of time travel/bend going on because who is Miles? : There is also the possibility that the Others don't age until they are off the island (think Alpert).

Ellie might be a diminutive of Eloise but it doesn't necessarily mean they are the same person. This is LOST after all which basically means we think we know but we have no idea.

I wouldn't be surprised either way or if it turns out to be something completely different.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:14 PM

Well Daniel was a professor in 96, so I'd say he was born by 1970.

I think Miles is Dr. Marvin Candle's baby we saw at the beginning of the season and was born in the late 70s or early 80s. (Dharma was there from the 70s or 90s), so I don't think Miles has anything to do with a time bend or time travel previous to this.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

I think Ellie looks to be about 18 or 19...not "mid 20s"...which would still make her a bit "old" to be Charlotte's mother but not by much. I mean, Charles Widmore is Penny's father...how old is Penny?

All those soldiers looked like teenagers to me (widmore, the guy he killed, etc)...(which is why i think people here are calling ellie "the girl with the gun").

Katherine

Katherine, single homeschooling mom to Boy Genius (17) geek.gif  Thing One (6) and Thing Two (6) fencing.gif and one outgoing Girl (12) bikenew.gif and hoping for more through foster care and adoption homebirth.jpgadoptionheart-1.gif 
Old 02-05-2009, 10:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Also...do we know for sure Charlotte was born in 1979? Did they say that on the show? I know the actress was, but that doesnt mean the character was....

Katherine

Katherine, single homeschooling mom to Boy Genius (17) geek.gif  Thing One (6) and Thing Two (6) fencing.gif and one outgoing Girl (12) bikenew.gif and hoping for more through foster care and adoption homebirth.jpgadoptionheart-1.gif 
Old 02-05-2009, 10:56 PM

From Lost wiki:
Quote:
According to information provided by Ben, Charlotte Staples Lewis was born on July 2, 1979 in Essex, England to parents David and Jeannette and was raised in Bromsgrove, Worcestershire,

The Widmore thing doesn't bother me because men can have babies later and I don't think Penny is as young as Charlotte.

Ellie looks mid 20s to me. and I did say if she was, not that she definitely was.

I just don't see Ellie being Charlotte's mom or any evidence suggesting she is. I don't even see a resemblance.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
This is LOST after all which basically means we think we know but we have no idea.
Well, but the fans have been right before - about Claire being Jack's sister for one. There have been more, too, but I can't think of them at this moment.

I would not be surprised if the writers were misdirecting us this time, but just because we are following clues doesn't necessarily mean we're wrong.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegirl View Post
I think Ben is the one who hired those people to ask Kate for a blood test. I don't even think they are necessarily actually lawyers, but are in fact among the Others who have left the island as part of putting this plan into action.

Ben wants everyone to come back to the island. We know how manipulative he is and how he seems to understand the specific psychology of each Oceanic survivor. I believe he wanted to push Kate out of her comfort zone, knowing she would eventually run to Jack. Similarly, I think the people watching Hurley and/or following Sayid were hired by Ben. He's applying just enough pressure to push them in the direction he wants them to go, without them being aware that he is doing so.
WOW did you NAIL it!!!

(Sorry I'm late, guys. We dvr it and watch later.)

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

Old 02-06-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Well Daniel was a professor in 96, so I'd say he was born by 1970.

I think Miles is Dr. Marvin Candle's baby we saw at the beginning of the season and was born in the late 70s or early 80s. (Dharma was there from the 70s or 90s), so I don't think Miles has anything to do with a time bend or time travel previous to this.
I totally had a brain fart re: Miles. It's been known to happen with me.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrabelly View Post
Well, but the fans have been right before - about Claire being Jack's sister for one. There have been more, too, but I can't think of them at this moment.

I would not be surprised if the writers were misdirecting us this time, but just because we are following clues doesn't necessarily mean we're wrong.
Not saying it does. Just pointing out it's how things with LOST go sometimes.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:

Quote:
I dunno... maybe Ellie/Elanore is Daniels mom, and Widmore is his dad. AND, Widmore is also Charlottes dad, and Annie her mom? Remember Annie, Ben's love? Maybe she and Whidmore hooked up and that's one of the reasons Ben and Widmore hate each other. Also why Ben seemed to hate Charlotte right off the bat (didn't he shoot her?). Then Charlotte and Daniel would be half brother/sister.

It's convoluted. I do think that Daniel and Charlotte are related. The time travel thing makes anything seem possible, you know? Could Daniel be her dad? I just don't think he LOVES her loves her... I think he's related to her and he knows it, but she doesn't.

Also, when they were out on the boat being shot at and they time traveled... wouldn't the boat have disappeared, too?

I'm so happy to see Jin! :
Old 02-06-2009, 03:32 PM

Check out what Time Loop Theory guy says about Des & Penny's kid:

http://www.timelooptheory.com/season5_3.html

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

Old 02-06-2009, 03:38 PM

You know, I was also thinking that Widmore and Ellie/Elanore (yes, i think they are the same person) might be brother and sister. When they are young on the island they seem to bicker like siblings. If Ellie/Elanore is Daniels mom, it would explain why Widmore had her address so readily available to give to Desmond- it's his sister. Widmore is his uncle.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthatgirl View Post

Well, that didn't make any sense to me. This time travel stuff makes my brain work harder than it knows how to.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:46 PM

That's crazy! Cool, but I hope it isn't true.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:59 PM

I sort of wondered that myself.

Also, are there any theories about who the "teen aged son" that survived Locke is? The article about his death mentioned him. Could Locke somehow met up with a younger version of himself and ended up killing himself so that the younger version can go take care of business?
Old 02-06-2009, 04:05 PM

I totally forgot about Locke's son.

Random sort of but I have been wondering this (how 5th grade of me, right?)- who is your favorite LOST character?
Mine is Locke. I just love him.

Old 02-06-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthatgirl View Post

Interesting. But Alex being Ben's mother makes no sense....

User Tag List