I LOVE: Jack & Kate, Ben, Locke, Richard, Daniel, Sayid,

I Dislike: Sun, Charlotte,

I have more that I'm just so-so on.
#242 of 1109 Old 02-09-2009, 08:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Who annoys me:

Jack & Kate: It annoys me that Kate just sleeps around between Jack and Sawyer. When she's mad at one, she goes running to the other. And they allow this! Jack annoys me because he doesn't listen, just does whatever he wants to do.

Locke: Kind of selfish IMO and like Jack, does whatever he wants to do.

I LOVE: Ben, Sawyer, Sayiid, Richard (I love Richard so much- he's so cute!), Daniel, Hugo, Miles

Eh- they're OK: Charlotte, Sun, Jin, Juliette, Rose & Bernard
#243 of 1109 Old 02-09-2009, 10:56 PM

LOVE: Sawyer, Sayid, Locke, Desmond, Hurley

DISLIKE: Jack, Kate, Charlotte

Warming up to Ben; don't know what's going on with Sun
#244 of 1109 Old 02-10-2009, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrabelly View Post
One big thing I noticed was that Desmond seemed to be the only one aware of the flashes going on around him when he is not involved. When Locke disappeared from Richard Alpert's camp, and when Sawyer disappeared from Claire's birth scene - no one else reacted to the flashes of light. But when Dan went back to talk to Des at the hatch, Des DOES look at the sky when the flash begins. I haven't re-watched any of this so maybe I'm wrong, but this is my observation for now.
I totally noticed this too!! I think it had to do with what Daniel said to Desmond, "The rules don't apply to you". I don't know WHY, but time travel rules definitely don't appy to Des.

I have varying feelings about most of the characters. But I can say w/o a doubt that I can't STAND Jack. Bleah. Go cry some more, why don't you? He always thinks he's right, at the expense of all logic. I mean, he tried to deny that he SAW the island disappear. Hello?

--"Mama Bear" : to DD 8/06
Tree-hugging :, queer-loving , liberal, feminist hippie mom! :
#245 of 1109 Old 02-10-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
I don't know WHY, but time travel rules definitely don't appy to Des.
Because he was down under the hatch when it exploded/imploded.

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#246 of 1109 Old 02-10-2009, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

I love love love: Sayid and Sawyer. They are my 2 favorite people on the show from day one and if any of them were killed off, that would be the end of my love for LOST.

I like: Desmond, Hurley and Jin (yeah for Jin coming back!)

I'm terribly annoyed by: Kate (slut), Jack (whiny control freak) and Locke (another control freak).

The rest are: eh.
#247 of 1109 Old 02-10-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magstphil View Post
Because he was down under the hatch when it exploded/imploded.
You think so? I'm inclined to think he was special before then. Of course, EVERYONE on Lost is key to something...

--"Mama Bear" : to DD 8/06
Tree-hugging :, queer-loving , liberal, feminist hippie mom! :
#248 of 1109 Old 02-10-2009, 09:32 PM

Didn't Desmond have nosebleeds on previous episodes?

I hate how Sun is becoming like her father...

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
#249 of 1109 Old 02-10-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBluebird View Post
You think so? I'm inclined to think he was special before then. Of course, EVERYONE on Lost is key to something...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilalu View Post
Didn't Desmond have nosebleeds on previous episodes?
Yes because he was in the hatch when it exploded/imploded/gave off that flash of light and that caused him to be sort of unstuck in time. After that happened is when he knew about Charlie's death and was repeatedly stopping it and when we see Mrs. Hawking. This is also when he meets Dan during a time travel phase out thing. He gets the nose bleeds because he has no constant. He had to get a hold of Penny which was the whole reason for the Christmas Eve phone call on the ship so that Des wouldn't die.

Did I get all that at least semi right? Des couldn't travel in time like he can until that hatch thing happened and then he kept moving around on his own time line. He probably was special in some sense before then but the time thing didn't start up until then.

Anyone else flashing back to that hatch episode with Des running naked through the woods?

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#250 of 1109 Old 02-10-2009, 09:50 PM

Ok found this article outlining Des on Wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmond_Hume#Season_3
From Season 4 synopsis....
Quote:
He uses Penny as this "constant". Desmond realizes that in order to stop the timeshifting he must make contact with Penny on Christmas Eve 2004, the date he is on the freighter. In 1996, he manages to find an angry Penny who does not want to see him. He pleads with her to give him her phone number, and to not change it as he will phone it in eight years time, where she must pick up. When he reverts to the present, he makes the call with the help of Sayid. She answers the phone and tearfully tells him she has been searching for him and knows about the island, and that she loves him.
If you click on the link I provided it will take you to Season 3. Scroll up and read the end of Season 2 then read 3 and 4 and it will more fully explain what I just tried to. HTH!

ETA- I totally didn't know that the actor who plays Des was nominated for an Emmy making him the only Lostie who has been.

#251 of 1109 Old 02-10-2009, 10:20 PM

Did anyone else think when Ben told Sun he could prove Jin was alive that he has something from the "past" that shows Jin? Like a picture of Danielle and co?

#252 of 1109 Old 02-11-2009, 03:22 AM

Oh, good one, Maggie. I didn't think that, but I like the idea.

Dh thinks that the bomb is what makes the island so special. It was a thought that had also occurred to me but then I brushed it off thinking it must have been special long before the 50's. What do you all think?
#253 of 1109 Old 02-11-2009, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magstphil View Post
Did anyone else think when Ben told Sun he could prove Jin was alive that he has something from the "past" that shows Jin? Like a picture of Danielle and co?
Oh, but all of Danielle's "crew" dies. I hope Jin doesn't stay with them.

I LOVE Des, Penny, Hurley, Eko, Rose, Daniel, and Charlie until near his end (it was like they didn't want us to like him anymore because they were going to kill him off). I dislike Jack and Kate, together and separately. I've never trusted Juliette or Ben, or Libby, for that matter. I like Locke except when he finally trusts his instincts and then makes bad decisions. I cannot like Sayid because he sounds like such an a$$ in real life. Kate too, whining about how hard it is to be so pretty!

What are your most burning questions? Why did Naomi have a picture of Des and Penny in her bag? Is Christian Shepherd good or bad? Who is Abaddon?
Why is there an apparently ancient statue of a foot with four toes? Walt seems to have some special abilities - why did they let him go? Did anyone get Claire's message on the gull?
#254 of 1109 Old 02-11-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrabelly View Post
it must have been special long before the 50's. What do you all think?
I think the special-ness predates the bomb - the slave ship Black Rock crash/was pulled there long before the bomb (or maybe not before if there's some time travel thing happening )
#255 of 1109 Old 02-11-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendtoall View Post
What are your most burning questions? Why did Naomi have a picture of Des and Penny in her bag? Is Christian Shepherd good or bad? Who is Abaddon?
Why is there an apparently ancient statue of a foot with four toes? Walt seems to have some special abilities - why did they let him go? Did anyone get Claire's message on the gull?

My thoughts on your questions:

Naomi had a picture because she was working for Widmore, who has a special interest in finding Des. I think it's possible that, if they found Des before finding the survivors from the flight, Naomi would have played it off like she was sent by Penny as a way to manipulate Des.

Christian Shepherd: I'm not sure that the man in the island is actually Christian. I think he might have been somehow created by the others, again to manipulate the survivors. BUT, as we see how brining Locke back to the island (with the assumption, I think, that he will come back to life at some point), I will be interested to see how Christian plays into that. Good or bad??? I don't know. Is anyone really good or bad on the island? Ben? Locke? Jack? Richard? I think they are neither...or both.

Abaddon??? Who's that?

The statue with 4 toes? At first I thought it was used to represent how long there had been civilization on the island. (Heck, Maybe Richard was alive in ancient times and he constructed it). Not sure now. I guess we'll see.

I have wondered the same about Walt. They made such a big deal about his "abilities". BUT, I do think Walt will return to the island. do you remember when Ben shoots Locke and he sees Walt (but a "taller" Walt)? I think that it's possible that Walt was actually caught in the time loop at that point.

I thought Claire's message was something like "We are survivors of Oceanic flight 815 (?)...blah, blah...save us". I am not sure they ever showed the entire thing.

Good questions!

Does anyone else wonder what they are going to do with their time when Lost is over (next year!!!)?
#256 of 1109 Old 02-11-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendtoall View Post

Those are some of my burning questions too! Some other ones include: What happened to the other survivors who were taken by the Others?? Who/what is Jacob and why haven't we seen him in forever? How about those polar bears?

I'll be so disappointed if they leave all those mysteries unsolved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphine View Post
My thoughts on your questions:

Abaddon??? Who's that?

The statue with 4 toes? At first I thought it was used to represent how long there had been civilization on the island. (Heck, Maybe Richard was alive in ancient times and he constructed it). Not sure now. I guess we'll see.

I have wondered the same about Walt. They made such a big deal about his "abilities". BUT, I do think Walt will return to the island. do you remember when Ben shoots Locke and he sees Walt (but a "taller" Walt)? I think that it's possible that Walt was actually caught in the time loop at that point.

I thought Claire's message was something like "We are survivors of Oceanic flight 815 (?)...blah, blah...save us". I am not sure they ever showed the entire thing.

Good questions!

Does anyone else wonder what they are going to do with their time when Lost is over (next year!!!)?
Abbadon is that tall skinny creepy-looking guy who has shown up a couple times. He was the orderly for Locke at the hospital who convinces him to go to Australia. He was in charge of Naomi, Daniel, Charlotte and Miles.

I like Kate : I think she is such a badass. And I would have a hard time choosing between Jack and Sawyer, cuz they're both hot!

I hate Juliette! She is the only one I really dont' like. And Ben. He's so creepy.

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#257 of 1109 Old 02-11-2009, 05:43 PM

Of the men, I love Hurley (honesty, comic relief), Sayid (hotness and bad ass-ness), Sawyer (self explanatory, right?), and Ben (interesting character, even though he's super-creepy). Locke is growing on me, especially when he's determined to do something. I like Daniel, Miles, and Desmond, too.

Can't stand Jack-- whiny, indecisive, annoying.

Of the women, I really like Juliette, and Sun, even the new, tough Sun-- wouldn't you be bitter if your husband was missing/killed, you had to separated from your baby for work, you were estranged from your father, and you had to exist in a web of lies?.

I'm so-so on Kate in general, but I like her more with Jack than Sawyer. As I said, I can't stand Jack, and I think Kate compliments his weaknesses.

Growing babies, fruits, veges, and chickens on our little urban homestead in the frozen north
#258 of 1109 Old 02-11-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by because View Post
BUT. The O6 know that their friends are still on the island so why would they go randomly shooting at people they can't see well in a boat? And if Locke comes back with the O6 and is alive on the island for some reason, isn't he going to be in both boats?
Very true. I think my theory only works if the O6 do not know that it is their friends who stole their boat. They just want their boat back. Or maybe Ben is on the boat and he is the one doing the shooting, who knows?

As far as Locke goes, I think since there is time travel involved it is possible for there to be two Lockes at the same time. Didn't Daniel ask Sawyer if he saw himself in the jungle?
#259 of 1109 Old 02-12-2009, 12:36 AM - Thread Starter

Did anyone else like Locke today? I felt so bad for him towards the end, suddenly felt sympathy and gratefullness.
#260 of 1109 Old 02-12-2009, 12:42 AM

is desmond going back too? if so, poor penny (& charlie)

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#261 of 1109 Old 02-12-2009, 12:54 AM

WOW! What an episode!

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#262 of 1109 Old 02-12-2009, 01:01 AM

I'll wait to go into detail until tomoorrow so everyone has a chance to see it. I thought it was a good episode. I didn't think it was great...just good, but I enjoyed it.
#263 of 1109 Old 02-12-2009, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphine View Post
I'll wait to go into detail until tomoorrow so everyone has a chance to see it. I thought it was a good episode. I didn't think it was great...just good, but I enjoyed it.

agreed.

I'm so happy w/ this episode because it was so much better than this week's episode of Heroes.

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#264 of 1109 Old 02-12-2009, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthatgirl View Post
I'm so happy w/ this episode because it was so much better than this week's episode of Heroes.
s

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#265 of 1109 Old 02-12-2009, 09:05 AM

I also felt that this episode was just ok. Don't get me wrong, all the stuff that went on was awesome, but they seemed to really drag things out with the amount of times they flipped through time. I felt like they could have fit another episode in there, and still barely made the hour block.
#266 of 1109 Old 02-12-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthatgirl View Post
agreed.

I was thinking..why can't Heroes be this good again?
#267 of 1109 Old 02-12-2009, 10:01 AM

Don't even get me started on Heroes! :

I think the problem with me for this episode is that things happened that SHOULD have had me bawling, but I really didn't feel anything. I didnt' really react to their "wow" moments.

Good moments:
I actually started to like Sun again. For the first time this season, I really sympathized with here.

Christian...He's just spooky. So, IS he Jacob? Does Jacob not have a body so he has to use Christian's??

Danielle. Loved her. Now I understand why she lived underground for so long. Imagine losing your best friends because they all go crazy and then having someone take your baby away. She must have been so desolate for all those years.

Charlotte...eh. I really wanted to like her, but when she died, I was like...oh, well. I think part of it is that I beleive they are going to bring her back to life somehow. So I don't think she is permanently dead. I did get chills when she was talking about the man that warned her as a child and she thought it was Daniel. Of course, we know he was at Dharma at some point, so I don't know why I was surprised.

I loved the scene with Sawyer and Jin hugging when they first found Jin. Sawyer is so much more endearing to me this season. I just want to give him a good bath and then... Never Mind!

So, lots of great things went on, but I still wasn't blown away by this episode.

Oh, one more good line...when Jin asks Charlotte to translate and Sawyer looks at Miles. Miles says, "he's Korean...I'm from Encino."
#268 of 1109 Old 02-12-2009, 10:33 AM

At least this show doesn't disappoint me. (I'm looking at you Heroes).

New thought: The "hostiles" are those "infected" people the island has to protect itself. Which makes the black cloud of doom not attacking John season 1 make sense, since John lives to serve the island. Also, maybe Richard and his people are "infected".

Poor John and the broken leg. The island seems sort of heartless (ummm... evil), first Michael blowing up and letting John walk around with the broken leg.
#269 of 1109 Old 02-12-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie B. View Post
I like Kate : I think she is such a badass.
I like her badass-ness. But when it comes to making personal decisions about her life, she always makes selfish and wrong ones, yk? I mean blowing up her dad was a teensy bit overdramatic, no? She could have just gone to Al-Anon.

I LOVED the episode last night. I felt it answered a lot, but in a very exciting way (i.e. not like when we officially found out Claire was Jack's sister and we were all like, "yeah, and? we already knew that." )

Ben's reaction when Des asked if they were looking for Faraday's mom was AWESOME. I think Ben is pretty much evil, but he is just so GREAT.

I think Christian Shephard is not just being used by Jacob. For one thing, why would Jacob need to appear in that form when Locke has never met Jack's dad? And Christian appeared to the dog in a canon mobisode (am I speaking english anymore? ) that took place *just* before the first episode. He told the dog Jack had work to do. Why would he appear to the dog in that form? The dog didn't know him and had no way of telling anyone, yk? No, I think Christian Shephard is very real and involved somehow on his own.
#270 of 1109 Old 02-12-2009, 01:54 PM

What's in the temple?

How did Charlotte know about the well? Does this mean she was there pre-Dharma construction with Dharma (it seems like Dharma had different waves of employees coming and going)?

Who is Charlotte's parents? I think there is more to the story there.

Who created smokey?

Was anyone else perplexed by the French guy calling for help. "Help! I'm hurt!" Um yeah dude you just had your arm ripped off. Just seemed like he should have been a bit more panicked. Or unconscious. I think it was a trick to get them down there.

I had always wondered if Danielle went crazy and not her people like she said. For a second there I thought that was the case but maybe a bit of both.

I was thinking if the well once gave off water could it have been the Fountain of Youth? Heck! I guess it doesn't even have to really give off water. It'd explain everyone wanting the island and Richard Alpert.

Have aliens already been ruled out?

Maybe the island really is the Garden of Eden and God moved it and that really literally is Adam and Eve. Orit could be a figurative Garden of Eden where life really began...

K, now I am just going way out there.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page