Biggest Loser Season 7!! - Page 14 - Mothering Forums

#391 of 417 Old 05-13-2009, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymoo View Post
I thought Tara looked awful in that makeup though - she's normally so pretty, why was she covered in eye makeup? It was overkill.
I thought Tara looked terrible last night. I hated the dress she had on and the makeup was BAD. She looked much better when they showed her going out with her friends and even at the ranch with a more natural look. I thought her hair last night looked too "sprayed".

I thought Helen's dress looked awesome on her. Her legs were fabulous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#392 of 417 Old 05-13-2009, 09:48 AM

It was funny watching last night. There were so many contestants I had forgotten about some of them.

They all looked really good, I think. I was surprised at first that Kristin hadn't lost more but she really has done a good job. I hope she sticks with it.

I felt really bad for the orange team (I can't remember thier names). I think they would have really benefited from more time on the ranch.
#393 of 417 Old 05-13-2009, 10:00 AM

I was so excited that Helen won! Even on these message boards we all felt like she couldn't win because she didn't have enough weight to lose. I love that she was "the upset." It was a great! What about that white team! They looked amazing and I can't believe they took the money!

LDS, natural birthing,, , mom to 6 super fun crazy kids!
#394 of 417 Old 05-13-2009, 11:17 AM

3 hours and no plugs for any products! Now that's Biggest Loser history!

I love that Jerry won the at-home prize. I guess the need to adjust for time at home isn't needed. And then for Helen to win the big one was really cool. I would have been happy for any of them, but Helen being 48, Jerry being 64 was really inspiriing and taking away excuses from everyone around America.

I felt bad for Dave. He seemed so sad. Yes he lost 10%, which I think think is an excellent start, but it certainly didn't match up to everyone else, which the look on his face said it all. Dan, though looked fantastic and is obviously working hard.

Good to see Joelle has her act together.

And Ron lost almost 200 pounds getting him very close to an average weight. I would love to see Max on the next series, but he may still be too young.

I didnt' like that they had America vote for a contestant. It wasn't easy to distinguish between the two and it felt like giving America a vote just to fill 3 hours worth of TV. Does anyone know the theme of the new season? It doesn't seem like a couples episode since these women were alone.
#395 of 417 Old 05-13-2009, 11:26 AM

I didnt' like that they had America vote for a contestant. It wasn't easy to distinguish between the two and it felt like giving America a vote just to fill 3 hours worth of TV. Does anyone know the theme of the new season? It doesn't seem like a couples episode since these women were alone.[/QUOTE]

Ya I felt like it was just mean to make America vote for the two of them. I don't think anyone did except for maybe the girls loved ones. They should just take both of them. It would have been better if they let us vote for our favorite contestant of the season for an extra 50,000 or something like that. Everyone would have got excited about voting for that.

#396 of 417 Old 05-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Banned

when i was doing triathlons (which i hope to start again next year--meaning, after the baby turns one), i was 118 and 5 ft 7. i wasn't underweight or unhealthy, but i think i looked healthier than helen.

i think part of that was the loose skin, though. i don't have that issue like some older women might.

i think, though, that this was a competition weight. that is, you loose as much as you can for the show, because as evidenced, 4 or 5 lbs can make a big difference. no doubt they all did tricks like eating aparagus or what have you before the weigh-in.

and then, after, you get back to a weight that is comfortable for your body. my guess is that unless she continues to marathon or triathlon or what have you, her body will gain a bit and settle around 130.

when i'm not 'in training' my body likes to settle around there.
#397 of 417 Old 05-13-2009, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Even though Helen might be "too thin"...i'm pretty sure she'll gain at least 5-10 pounds pretty fast. They are all at their "competition weight"...training hard...but it would be pretty difficult to maintain that weight. They will settle into what is comfortable for them.

I was hoping to see a more dramatic weight loss for Dan, but still, it was a great job and he is right, that he could lose a hundred pounds and still be obese, but if you've got a hundred more, work on that, and another fifty. To just keep going, and clearly..he is. His friend still maintained a weightloss, but i had hoped he'd do more but i knew he probably wouldnt.

Well....Joelle and her friend obviously still hate each other. Holding hands or not, i still think they probably arent talking much. I was surprised that it was Joelle who got them on the show in the first place, i thought it was the other way around. But Joelle looks alot happier, maybe she dealt with her depression or whatever her issue was.

I felt bad for Aubrey, you could tell she was somewhat disappointed in herself for not losing, but she has maintained, and thats a huge achievement in itself.

I was surprised it wasnt Tara that one, but still happy for Helen.

Man, when Sione was doing his Tonga dance.....wow. H-O-T! (filipe doesnt do much for me. )

Kristin looked really good too but i hated that one shoulder dress, not that flattering.

Katherine

Katherine, single homeschooling mom to Boy Genius (17) geek.gif  Thing One (6) and Thing Two (6) fencing.gif and one outgoing Girl (12) bikenew.gif and hoping for more through foster care and adoption homebirth.jpgadoptionheart-1.gif 
#398 of 417 Old 05-13-2009, 01:35 PM

IMO Helen, Jerry & Estelle were all under what they should be. Jerry looked healthier when he was heavier than he did last night. He looked frail.

Some of the contestants have gained weight back since their last weigh in at the ranch.

Tara looked pissed that she didn't win & I don't think it was over not winning the money/title, but because she didn't WIN.
#399 of 417 Old 05-13-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleslaw View Post
I didnt' like that they had America vote for a contestant. It wasn't easy to distinguish between the two and it felt like giving America a vote just to fill 3 hours worth of TV. Does anyone know the theme of the new season? It doesn't seem like a couples episode since these women were alone.
Yes, I didn't like that at all. They were so similar anyway that there wasn't even a way to distinguish between them from what you saw. My husband said they should have made it dependent on who burned the most calories (as measured by the bodybugg) during the workout.

I think though it was just mean to bring them on and then dash one of their hopes like that. I could tell the girl who didn't get it was trying her damnest to keep smiling and not burst into tears.

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
#400 of 417 Old 05-13-2009, 02:17 PM

The seasons I've watched the winner (and usually the ones in the running as well) has always been underweight imo but I figure that's what it takes to win this show unfortunately.

I thought it was just mean spirited to have the want to be contestants on like that and for one to not get to be on the show. I was so hoping they were going to surprise both of them by saying they both made the new show, maybe as a team?

Tara must be incredibly disappointed.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#401 of 417 Old 05-13-2009, 03:50 PM

i think the issue with helen, estelle, and jerry was the loose skin. at their ages, the elasticity is just gone from their skin so weight loss that late in life unfortunately results in that over-wrinkly/leathery look.

and honestly, i think that helen actually looks *older* now (especially her face) than she did before. again, a problem when you lose weight as an older person. your face maintains the wrinkles that were previously puffed out/smoothed out with extra fat, kwim?

BUT guaranteed, she's healthier and happier and ultimately, that's what matters. tara and mike will have much more time for their skin to bounce back though, so i'm sure they'll look even better as time passes. i think they look fantastic now.

and max looks like he's lost a bit of weight, though maybe that's wishful thinking on my part.

and RON! he looked WAY better than i thought he would! i thought he wouldn't lose much more, but WOW!!
#402 of 417 Old 05-13-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by incamama View Post
i think the issue with helen, estelle, and jerry was the loose skin. At their ages, the elasticity is just gone from their skin so weight loss that late in life unfortunately results in that over-wrinkly/leathery look.

And honestly, i think that helen actually looks *older* now (especially her face) than she did before. Again, a problem when you lose weight as an older person. Your face maintains the wrinkles that were previously puffed out/smoothed out with extra fat, kwim?
ita. (I tried all caps for that, but it keeps making them lower-case when I save the changes!)
#403 of 417 Old 05-13-2009, 05:12 PM

Even at 18, Mike is probably going to need to have some plastics to remove excess skin. He was just too large to have his skin bounce back. Tara, also, will likely have some skin issues, although not as bad as Mike.

Mom to DS(8), DS(6), DD(4), and DS(1).  "Kids do as well as they can."

#404 of 417 Old 05-13-2009, 05:50 PM

I thought Helen looked beautiful. Way younger and adorable dress!
#405 of 417 Old 05-14-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearmama22 View Post
I thought Helen looked beautiful. Way younger and adorable dress!
I thought that too, it is not her fault that her arms don't look as young as the others.

#406 of 417 Old 05-14-2009, 11:16 AM

I disagree that it's due to their age.

Helen was more bones, almost anorexic looking. None of them were as small as she was. I'm not even sure on other seasons if there's been someone that small before.

Jerry's face was gaunt, the way he walked, his movements, etc made him look very frail & about 20 years older than he is. He looked sick.
#407 of 417 Old 05-14-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaof5 View Post
I thought that too, it is not her fault that her arms don't look as young as the others.
Actually, I thought helen's arms looked much younger and sculpted than Tara's. I do think she looked older in the face, but that is the nature of loose skin. that said, she looks totally rockin' Congrats Helen!
#408 of 417 Old 05-14-2009, 12:40 PM

I was so disappointed that Tara lost. I thought she looked healthy, strong and beautiful. Helen looked a tad bit scary. I hope she gains back 10 pounds and balances out. Tara looked as though she found a balance.

Jackie, wife to the Hubster, homeschooling mom to 4 girls: Lala (9) , Lissie (7) and Lauren (3) and our newest arrival Addie Jane born 10-1-10!
#409 of 417 Old 05-14-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF View Post
I disagree that it's due to their age.

Helen was more bones, almost anorexic looking. None of them were as small as she was. I'm not even sure on other seasons if there's been someone that small before.

Jerry's face was gaunt, the way he walked, his movements, etc made him look very frail & about 20 years older than he is. He looked sick.
this has been my thought all along. I bet you he was sick and that's how he lost his weight. He looked 80. I hope he's okay.

wife since 1992; mom to: J 7-95; H 5-98; C 2-03; S 4-05; Micah Zachary born still UC 4-08; UM 9-08; due June 2010
#410 of 417 Old 05-14-2009, 05:46 PM

who is worried for Tara...first time she's ever lost...and now has no one to compete against.

Mike is a HUNK!! so very handsome.

wife since 1992; mom to: J 7-95; H 5-98; C 2-03; S 4-05; Micah Zachary born still UC 4-08; UM 9-08; due June 2010
#411 of 417 Old 05-14-2009, 06:38 PM

I thought all the contestants looked really good. They all have something to be majorly proud of.
#412 of 417 Old 05-14-2009, 08:11 PM

You guys have to go to nbc.com and see the after finale interviews. Jerry answers how he lost the weight, Tara talks about how she feels about losing, etc. Also, on page 2 of the videos, there is a Q&A by each of the finalists, answering questions by viewers. I thought it was very interesting.
#413 of 417 Old 05-14-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
You guys have to go to nbc.com and see the after finale interviews. Jerry answers how he lost the weight, Tara talks about how she feels about losing, etc. Also, on page 2 of the videos, there is a Q&A by each of the finalists, answering questions by viewers. I thought it was very interesting.
Thanks for posting that, coleslaw. They look better in the interviews. On the stage they looked overly-tanned or something. I wish them all luck in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
#414 of 417 Old 05-15-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF View Post
Ali looked just as scary at the finale, IMHO. Way way too thin. I think Helen may have gone so extreme because she really needed to win due to her husband's job being at risk. (They live in Michigan and he's about to be laid off.... or already has been.)

Mom to DS(8), DS(6), DD(4), and DS(1).  "Kids do as well as they can."

#415 of 417 Old 05-15-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:

they said something about one of their moms but im not sure exactly how she fits in.
i know season 9 is couples again though.

i was afraid sione and filipe were going to split their pants there for a minute

i also think helen and jerry look sick, and jerry looks way older now. he was walking the way my granddad did at the end and he was diagnosed with parkinsons in his late 20s. i havent seen anyone walk like that since he died, it was kinda odd for me.

i think ron looked great, he lost a lot more after leaving! having watched the one showing max a lot right before, i think he lost a little too but obviously not as much as the other 2 not being at the ranch.
mike definitely looked good too!
#416 of 417 Old 05-15-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
On the stage they looked overly-tanned or something.
They most likely do tan due to all the stage lights & tanning will show off muscles more.

This show is dangerous though,lol. I went into physiotherapy today & my therapist was telling me one of the other therapists thought I should do the 1 move they were doing Tues night with each hand on a separate ball. Instead he had me doing a modified version of when Jillian was holding their legs & they have to do rows with weights. He tried doing it on a ball & fell off so I had my legs on one of the lower tables instead.lol
#417 of 417 Old 05-15-2009, 10:42 PM

MMMMM. Sione is SUCH a hunk.

I was really bummed that Helen won. I hate to say it... it is just that whole thing with her staying while her daughter went home... I don't know. I liked Ron because he put his son first no matter what. I would have been thrilled if Tara won, and I think alot of people assumed Mike would win... but Helen was definitely not my favorite player. She looked good but I think older than she did before. It was the sorta sunken cheeks that alot of the people in past seasons had from the weight loss.

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page