Biggest Loser Season 7!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 417 Old 02-18-2009, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Argh! I missed it last night!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 417 Old 02-18-2009, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else think Kristen (purple team daughter) waterlogged? But, I probably would too. She knew they had immunity, and if she waterlogged THAT week, then she would have two weeks worth of weight loss in one week. So, SUPER NOT suprised that she lost twelve pounds this week.
#123 of 417 Old 02-18-2009, 05:51 PM

i was thinking she may have done that. Seems like quite a few people with immunity over the seasons have had mysterious gains...

Kelly,newly single mom of four wonderful children.

#124 of 417 Old 02-18-2009, 06:15 PM

Meh, it still feels like cheating though, YKIM?

But, I did notice they they did not let that be part of her weight loss this time...like, she gained two pounds (what I'm sure was water) but her starting weight this week was still 301 (starting weight from last week) but, she still got to show TWO weeks worth of weight loss. I wish they wouldn't offer immunity. I prefer the pound passes instead.
#125 of 417 Old 02-18-2009, 06:54 PM

Usually the closer to the end they get if they gain they're automatically under the yellow line. They'll probably start that after they're individual.

I wish they'd go back to everyone being strangers & not in couples/families for a season again.
#126 of 417 Old 02-18-2009, 07:15 PM

you mean, if they have immunity and gain? Cause, otherwise, it's a sure thing that you'll be under the yellow line if you do that.
#127 of 417 Old 02-18-2009, 08:02 PM

I was really surprised at the mother asking to stay over her daughter , especially since her daughter has much more to lose. It seriously made me sad. Of course I do not know what happens behind the scenes or what the mother/daughter's relationship really is like.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#128 of 417 Old 02-18-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderMae View Post
I was really surprised at the mother asking to stay over her daughter , especially since her daughter has much more to lose. It seriously made me sad. Of course I do not know what happens behind the scenes or what the mother/daughter's relationship really is like.
I thought that the MOm was playing the game. She thought they'd do the opposite, so by asking for the daughter to go home... the daughter would get to stay.

Mom to DS(8), DS(6), DD(4), and DS(1).  "Kids do as well as they can."

#129 of 417 Old 02-18-2009, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cersha View Post
you mean, if they have immunity and gain? Cause, otherwise, it's a sure thing that you'll be under the yellow line if you do that.
lol, yeah that's what I meant.
#130 of 417 Old 02-19-2009, 01:53 AM

Quote:
yeah me too. I don't think the daughter really wanted to go home

Kelly,newly single mom of four wonderful children.

#131 of 417 Old 02-20-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay4 View Post
yeah me too. I don't think the daughter really wanted to go home
yeah me too. it really upset me that the mom could be so heartless. like another player said, "no other parent here would say, 'send my child home'" yup. that daughter was crushed and I REALLY hope that mom leaves soon!!

wife since 1992; mom to: J 7-95; H 5-98; C 2-03; S 4-05; Micah Zachary born still UC 4-08; UM 9-08; due June 2010
#132 of 417 Old 02-22-2009, 01:55 AM

Is last week's episode online anywhere? I can't find it,

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#133 of 417 Old 02-22-2009, 02:08 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I think the daughter totally wanted to go home. All she did was complain and whine. This was her "out." She looked cornered when asked if she wanted to go or stay - she couldn't say, "PLEASE get me the heck out of here" and save face so she let her mom take the brunt of it. If you watch how they interact, that mom is all ABOUT protecting that daughter (the thing where the daughter was carrying some guy...I thought the mom was going to cry).
#134 of 417 Old 02-22-2009, 07:29 PM

I agree with NiteNicole. I think at one point during the keys challenge she said she didn't care about whether she worked out in the gym or not. And when they were in the gym working out and her mom encouraged her to do more she didn't seem to want to.
#135 of 417 Old 02-22-2009, 07:41 PM

IMO that means she just needed to stay even more. But really if she loses more slowly and more healthfully at home her odds of keeping it off and continuing a healthy lifestyle is much greater.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#136 of 417 Old 02-22-2009, 08:19 PM

Bob needs to stop wearing the blue sweater. Only Mr. Rodgers can get aways with something like that.

Never jump into a pile of leaves with a wet sucker. - Linus
#137 of 417 Old 02-23-2009, 01:11 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
IMO that means she just needed to stay even more. But really if she loses more slowly and more healthfully at home her odds of keeping it off and continuing a healthy lifestyle is much greater.
Maybe. The mom wasn't being "heartless" and sending the daughter home for selfish reasons, she caved to what the daughter wanted instead of thinking of what she needed. And who hasn't done that before?
#138 of 417 Old 02-23-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix23 View Post
Bob needs to stop wearing the blue sweater. Only Mr. Rodgers can get aways with something like that.
Ooh, I think Bob is hot, especially with the blue sweater!

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#139 of 417 Old 02-23-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody'smomma View Post
Ooh, I think Bob is hot, especially with the blue sweater!
Bob is hot, but not in the blue Mr. Rodgers sweater. I like his fake leather jacket better!

Never jump into a pile of leaves with a wet sucker. - Linus
#140 of 417 Old 02-24-2009, 12:00 PM

Yeah, I hate the jacket! That just goes to show the bit of geek in me...

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#141 of 417 Old 02-24-2009, 01:22 PM

Which team do you think will fall below the yellow line this week? Or do you think they'll go to singles?

Who are the most likely top 3-4?

I think that the former model (Tara?) is definitely a top contender... but she has to watch her back. If she falls below, she's doomed.

#142 of 417 Old 02-24-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by umsami View Post
I think that the former model (Tara?) is definitely a top contender... but she has to watch her back. If she falls below, she's doomed.
Totally agree! I adore her! She's hysterical and works her butt off. I hope, for her sake, they go to singles. I think her partner has really stepped up, but she's no Tara.

And I'm loving watching Allison get more and more pregnant each week! She's such a beautiful pregnant woman.
#143 of 417 Old 02-24-2009, 03:21 PM

I saw a preview (I think it was emailed to me) that this week they break into black and blue teams, so singles and some couples are now on oppositeteams.

I love Tara too

Gigi. Mommy to 3 girls.
#144 of 417 Old 02-25-2009, 03:29 AM

Geeeeez bob is such a big ol' crybaby. Get a grip man!

I thought it was kind of inappropriate for him to show how broken up he was, esp when he was training the one girl (the one who said she "missed her brothers"...cant remember her name)...shouldnt he have tried to prop her up a bit, be more positive, cheer her up? Instead of blubbering to her??

I'm sure Jillian's former people werent too happy to have to switch either, but they werent over there sobbing in her lap about it. I understand being upset, but to say that you'd rather *go home* than train with someone else?! People! Remember why you are here!!!

Katherine

Katherine, single homeschooling mom to Boy Genius (17) geek.gif  Thing One (6) and Thing Two (6) fencing.gif and one outgoing Girl (12) bikenew.gif and hoping for more through foster care and adoption homebirth.jpgadoptionheart-1.gif 
#145 of 417 Old 02-25-2009, 04:06 AM

I yelled at the Congress people for standing and clapping so freaking much. Interrupt my show, will ya? And then the Republican guy, JUST LET ME WATCH MY SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOW I'm not obsessed.

Bob was RIDICULOUS. Oh my gosh, the bawling. Are you serious? I thought he was such a jerk, complaining about the switch to Kristen when his new team members are RIGHT THERE. And doods, it's not the end of the world to switch trainers! I mean sheesh I've read that Jillian and Bob switch sometimes and train the other's team.

I really think Bob is just frustrated because he wants to beat Jillian at the finale for once. I think the stress is getting to him. I think as much as I love Bob (even though I love Jillian more), it's time to get two new trainers on the show.... who aren't quite as burnt out.

Kris - married to Nate since 12/06, mom to Toby since 1/08. Also servant to two felines. Done having babies for medical reasons.

#146 of 417 Old 02-25-2009, 04:45 AM

Okay, I disliked switching teams up and such, though I think it'll make it more interesting, yes. I don't see what was so upsetting for most of them, but then - I'm not there. I am sure they do get attached to their trainers. But Bob getting that upset? Uh...

It bothered me how Sione (was it?) admitted that with Jillian he wasn't trying as hard like he does with Bob. How he said it made me think he was trying to hurt Jillian and her team (even if he was included in the team now). :/ Suck it up. This is about you in the end, not your trainer or your team even.

I was sad that the father and son were now split up. But then it's a good thing, because I was *TIRED* of everyone saying how the son had to do twice as much work to keep his dad there. Talk about pressure.
#147 of 417 Old 02-25-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenjane View Post
Geeeeez bob is such a big ol' crybaby. Get a grip man!

I thought it was kind of inappropriate for him to show how broken up he was, esp when he was training the one girl (the one who said she "missed her brothers"...cant remember her name)...shouldnt he have tried to prop her up a bit, be more positive, cheer her up? Instead of blubbering to her??

I'm sure Jillian's former people werent too happy to have to switch either, but they werent over there sobbing in her lap about it. I understand being upset, but to say that you'd rather *go home* than train with someone else?! People! Remember why you are here!!!

Katherine
I think having them switch was a really good lesson for them. I think they become so dependent on their trainers...it's like an addiction. For them to succeed with long term weight loss, they are going to face challenges and emotional upsets and they need to learn to deal with them without going right back to their old habits.

I was really proud of them for sticking out the 24 hour challenge. Though I thought it was really creative of them to come up with a way to get out of it , again, I think it's all about not quitting.
#148 of 417 Old 02-25-2009, 11:59 AM

I think switching trainers is probably the best thing that could happen to them, because it's going to force them to train differently... mix things up a bit. Also, once they leave the ranch, that's it. Jillian and Bob won't be popping by to help them train. So, they're going to have to forge a relationship with either a new trainer or learn to push themselves.

I think Bob was especially pissed that he lost the brothers. They were two big guys.... with a good chance of making it into the finals.

#149 of 417 Old 02-25-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphine View Post
I think having them switch was a really good lesson for them. I think they become so dependent on their trainers...it's like an addiction. For them to succeed with long term weight loss, they are going to face challenges and emotional upsets and they need to learn to deal with them without going right back to their old habits.
I totally agree! They've done nothing but switched addictions - you're not there to be in love with your trainer, YOU'RE THERE TO FREAKIN LOSE WEIGHT! And I don't think I'd be so dead set against leaving the trainer who's the "Biggest Loser" when it comes to who wins at the end, but what do I know
#150 of 417 Old 02-25-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:

I was really proud of them for sticking out the 24 hour challenge. Though I thought it was really creative of them to come up with a way to get out of it , again, I think it's all about not quitting.
I agree on both.

I was so glad to see Sione? say he was going to continue. I was NOT surprised that Mandy wanted to stop, she seems like a quitter. Quitting is what got them to where they were when they started the show. I was quite happy to see her sister say she didn't want to quit either. Her sister has lagged behind a bit, but it seems she may be pulling ahead now more than Mandy.

I can see Bob having a problem with the teams being split up & him needing to process it which he did. Then he moved on.

However I don't really understand why either Bob or Jillian was so upset, this is NOT the first time they've split the teams up.

I think some of what Bob was doing was producer enforced. Obviously nothing too exciting happened that week on the ranch the way they kept putting things into slow motion to drag it out longer. Making Bob have a meltdown would extend things.lol

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page