20/20 tonight! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 61 Old 01-07-2009, 07:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenjane View Post
The only thing i am worried about(i know your question wasnt directed at me)...is that she didnt seem particularly....professional...if it were one time, between this woman and a couple she wanted to help, ok fine...but as it seems like she is touting herself as a professional surrogate, this is a job of sorts for her...i wonder if there are legal contracts? Medical testing? Counseling? I can give her the benefit of the doubt and say yes, but it wasnt really presented that way...and the flip way she talked about the one baby that turned out to be her boyfriend's...i know mistakes can happen, even if you are using an agency...but if i were being paid to carry another couple's baby i'd be damned sure to refrain from having sex that week yknow? I'd probably be so paranoid i wouldnt have sex that whole month, just to be sure! But her attitude was more "well, i will take him back, or you can keep him, whatever you want, sorry!" and it sounded like she was refusing to return the surrogate fee.

But i get that when you add in agencies and lawyers and clinics and all that you are radically increasing the fee and putting the option outside of most peoples reach. It just didnt sound to me that there were that many safeguards for the parties involved, which is a concern. Could have been editing though.

Katherine
You do have to take into consideration though, the way the show is presented. I.E. the homebirth = unassisted birth undertones in the last segment. So for that reason alone, I'd be more willing to give her the benfit of the doubt.

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page