'Big Love' Love! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 386 Old 02-09-2009, 02:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom327 View Post
If a manual exists for perspective adoptive parents, I'm guessing it wouldn't include encouraging them to tell an expectant mother that you have OCD or are gay but are trying to overcome it. Wow. That was insane. I guess points to them for being honest but seriously...they expected her to walk away thinking she wanted to give them her baby?
Seriously! That was way odd. I'm hoping it shows Sarah that that perfect family she thinks exists doesn't. I really hope that if she gives the baby up it is to her parents. I think Barb is such a fabulous mom.

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 386 Old 02-09-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magstphil View Post
Can you imagine them losing all their money and having to live in one house again? It looks possible this season.
Oh gosh I didn't even think about that when Barb was talking to Don about the financials! That would be crazy. I think they would all kill each other, especially if they have Ana too.

Kirsten, mama to Monkey since May 2007 and Bean born 11/7/09
#123 of 386 Old 02-10-2009, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Am I reading too much into things, or are they trying to insinuate that that the twins- Kathy and something, I think- had some type of incestuous/lesbian thing going on? Were those the same two women that they had playing footsie under the table in a prior season? I don't catch on to things like that very well.

The proposal freaked me out. I thought that it was just a long running story line. I had no idea that they were going to bring her in for the long term.

And poor Rhonda. I wonder how many more episodes before she turns up dead.

I kind of hope that Sarah decides to parent her baby. Do you think that the family woulf go for it?

Body, I've been more than patient. Please make a baby. Please?
always loving my babies. (May 08)(April 09)(August 09)(September 09) (December 10)
#124 of 386 Old 02-10-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantaja View Post
Am I reading too much into things, or are they trying to insinuate that that the twins- Kathy and something, I think- had some type of incestuous/lesbian thing going on?
Ok I so got that too! I thought I was just being weird.

Quote:
Were those the same two women that they had playing footsie under the table in a prior season? I don't catch on to things like that very well.
No. Those were Bill's partners wives. They left him this season.

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#125 of 386 Old 02-10-2009, 05:26 PM

OMG, that was good. I am still digesting it, I may need to watch a 2nd time.
What is Lois going to do? Live with Bill forever? Like that is going to happen,
Nikki, omg...she is crazy! and smart, and stupid all at once.
Margene, love her. Blonde not so much, but I loved how she told off Nikki, in front of the MIL's to boot.
Sarah..poor girl. Hard choices ahead for her. I am glad she has her bro.
Roman...creepy man. I am glad he got pushed down the stairs.
Alby...ugh, there are no words. I thought that his wife was that other twin, Kathy's sister. Am I confused?? I thought they wanted Roman gone. I need to watch again.

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#126 of 386 Old 02-10-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstmomy View Post
OMG, that was good. I am still digesting it, I may need to watch a 2nd time.
What is Lois going to do? Live with Bill forever? Like that is going to happen,
Nikki, omg...she is crazy! and smart, and stupid all at once.
Margene, love her. Blonde not so much, but I loved how she told off Nikki, in front of the MIL's to boot.
Sarah..poor girl. Hard choices ahead for her. I am glad she has her bro.
Roman...creepy man. I am glad he got pushed down the stairs.
Alby...ugh, there are no words. I thought that his wife was that other twin, Kathy's sister. Am I confused?? I thought they wanted Roman gone. I need to watch again.
Kathy's twin sister is married to Bill's horrible father. Alby's wife is just scary.

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

#127 of 386 Old 02-10-2009, 08:37 PM

Alby's wife Laura was Amber on House! she is great in this role...

she was good on Mad Men too but they did not develop her role enough there (Betsy's friend Francine)

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#128 of 386 Old 02-11-2009, 04:14 AM

Just watched this episode, WOW. Anyone else have the impression that Anna will turn on the family?

: 2:Ma To 6 :12,8,7,5,2,1&
#129 of 386 Old 02-12-2009, 01:10 PM

I took the end scene with Kathy's twin when she walked out of the courtroom, that they were holding her son as collateral for her testimony. Did you notice how that woman was sitting next to him on the bench, and then Nikis mom sat next to him and gave him back to her and they hugged. I figured they must have kidnapped him for her testimony against her sister.

I love Nicki... I thought it was very powerful how she expressed herself by pushing Roman down the stairs.

I think it is insane that they are even considering a 4th, with all of the financial strains, and the family strains they are experiencing. Why aren't they worrying about providing for the family they already have instead of worrying about creating more members via marriage and getting all of them pregnant. For example paying your bills, spending quality time with the kids they already have, and helping the oldest 2 kids go to college.

Kammy, DD 10/96, DD 1/01, DS 1/04
#130 of 386 Old 02-12-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannah6 View Post
Just watched this episode, WOW. Anyone else have the impression that Anna will turn on the family?
I think the previews for next week have led us to believe that. I am also curious about the preview when they accuse Barb of wanting Anna for herself, did anyone else see that or am I way off?

Kammy, DD 10/96, DD 1/01, DS 1/04
#131 of 386 Old 02-12-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlia960104 View Post
I think the previews for next week have led us to believe that. I am also curious about the preview when they accuse Barb of wanting Anna for herself, did anyone else see that or am I way off?
I saw it too. I wonder what they meant by it.

#132 of 386 Old 02-12-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlia960104 View Post
I took the end scene with Kathy's twin when she walked out of the courtroom, that they were holding her son as collateral for her testimony. Did you notice how that woman was sitting next to him on the bench, and then Nikis mom sat next to him and gave him back to her and they hugged. I figured they must have kidnapped him for her testimony against her sister.
That's how I took it too.

#133 of 386 Old 02-12-2009, 03:08 PM

Me too.

I desperately hope Sarah does not give her baby to her parents.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#134 of 386 Old 02-16-2009, 09:11 PM

Ok, who watched it last night? That episode was completely bizarre. I cannot believe how immature Margene and Nikki acted about the living situation. It was like junior high or something. They really irritated me.

I wonder how long Ana will be out of the picture? Do you think she is gone for good?
#135 of 386 Old 02-16-2009, 10:54 PM

Finally watched it.

I did not see the marriage coming but I knew it wouldn't last long. They should have really walked her through life there and the living arrangements first. Bill is such a... well he's not a bad guy but he is a business man through and through. He needs to be more thoughtful. He makes the dumbest choices.

Nikki needs to go. If she were gone the family would be so much better. All she does is stir the crap.

I hope Sara does keep her baby. It's looking to me like Rhonda was right about Heather having a thing for Sara.

Way to go Ben! I loved him calling Bill's UAV father a coward. Right on!

The uncle creeps me out. I wonder where that is going.

Nikki is just so two faced.

#136 of 386 Old 02-17-2009, 07:51 PM

I was surprised at how the marriage happened so quickly, then ended all within one episode! I thought they'd drag it out more! I am sure Ana will still be in the storyline.

It just didn't make sense that Ana and Bill wouldn't have talked about finances at all and she'd be surprised that he wanted her to contribute her money. Wouldn't they have brought up stuff like that, and living arrangements, and wives' meetings before she agreed to the marriage? And if she needed a seperate house, why couldn't she have just gone back to her apartment until one on the block opened up? And why would Bill even think of buying another house, with the financial mess they're in?

Wait a minute- who is the creepy uncle?

I totally forgot about heather liking Sarah- when did that happen again? No wonder she is so keen on moving away to AZ and living as a little family with Sarah and the baby.
#137 of 386 Old 02-18-2009, 12:18 AM

the whole anna thing was/is being handled in such an odd way!
#138 of 386 Old 02-18-2009, 12:51 AM

The creepy uncle I was refering to is Bill's little bro who Ben and co went with to the compound.

#139 of 386 Old 02-18-2009, 10:40 AM

I remember that Heather liked Sarah, but why do you think that she likes her again?

: 2:Ma To 6 :12,8,7,5,2,1&
#140 of 386 Old 02-18-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannah6 View Post
I remember that Heather liked Sarah, but why do you think that she likes her again?
I don't think she ever stopped.

#141 of 386 Old 02-18-2009, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Wasn't the best episode, IMO. Maybe I was looking forward to it too much.

I'm really glad that Sarah is considering keeping her baby...as glad as I am that Anna is LEAVING!!! : Even though Margene and Nikki were complete babies about the situation, I understand where they were coming from.

Margenes hair is starting to annoy me.

Body, I've been more than patient. Please make a baby. Please?
always loving my babies. (May 08)(April 09)(August 09)(September 09) (December 10)
#142 of 386 Old 02-18-2009, 06:54 PM

I felt really bad for Barb in this episode. She's clearly not happy with the situation. She seems stuck with feeling like it's the "right thing" but not ultimately feeling good about it. I think having Anna there to somehow bolster her confidence that she's still normal is a sign of this.

I'm trying to figure Bill out. Does he just really like having lots of women around and justifying it? The whole thing with Anna was so quick and haphazard. Are they living so far in their own world that they don't realize that perhaps their expectations and hers might have been a bit different?

I don't like Nikki but I have to say I think she is the most interesting character. I'm curious to see where this thing goes with her boss. I still don't think she'll leave the family (her background will hold her there) but perhaps the thought of being the only woman in a guy's life is tempting?

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

#143 of 386 Old 02-18-2009, 11:50 PM

Quote:
I hope Sara does keep her baby. It's looking to me like Rhonda was right about Heather having a thing for Sara.
I forgot about it until this episode. I'm curious where that will lead.

I want to see more Lois and Frank! I love those two.

I felt bad for Barb- I could tell she was really excited to have someone she considers a friend, not just a sister wife. Margene seemed pretty clingy this episode with Ana, and with Barb too- she's very eager to please.

I liked how Ana stood up for herself when they talked about money, although I agree it was odd it wasn't discussed beforehand!

#144 of 386 Old 02-19-2009, 08:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think they did the Ana thing so quick because, the storyline isn't really about Ana. It's setting Bill up. That last line where he looked at her and said something along the lines of "I don't understand, I thought this was meant to be" with such a perplexed look.

The whole story is based on Bill being the spriritual, emotional, financial, physical leader of the family. They even talked about that in this episode. The wives talk about him like he's infalliable. However, it's becoming clear he's not. He prayed about this wife thing and "thought" he was doing what was meant to be but, clearly he was wrong. So, I think the story is going to take the direction that maybe Bill doesn't have the direct path to God that he thinks he's does and he's going to start making some serious and family altering bad decisions.
#145 of 386 Old 02-20-2009, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcal View Post
I think they did the Ana thing so quick because, the storyline isn't really about Ana. It's setting Bill up. That last line where he looked at her and said something along the lines of "I don't understand, I thought this was meant to be" with such a perplexed look.

The whole story is based on Bill being the spriritual, emotional, financial, physical leader of the family. They even talked about that in this episode. The wives talk about him like he's infalliable. However, it's becoming clear he's not. He prayed about this wife thing and "thought" he was doing what was meant to be but, clearly he was wrong. So, I think the story is going to take the direction that maybe Bill doesn't have the direct path to God that he thinks he's does and he's going to start making some serious and family altering bad decisions.
I like your theory.

#146 of 386 Old 02-20-2009, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcal View Post

It didn't seem to me like he really addressed God with the Ana thing which can be another direction on why the thing was so quick (though I don't think it's over). No one really addressed God. Bill had a thing for her (and had sex with her which made him feel guilty), Margie had a friend-crush on her, and Barb was flattered by her and wanted a friend. Not even Nikki consulted God- she just did what she always does and expected the worse of "outsiders". I've noticed with Bill there isn't a lot of convos with God going on. He automatically thinks if he thought it up it has divine origin (which it does because we are all divine but you know what I mean ). This has shown with his bad choices with business and family and Juniper Creek. Bill actually really bugs me in how completely self-centered and out of touch he is.

I seem to think that the show has been setting Bill up to eventually be Prophet over Juniper Creek (remember his grandfather? Him being the favorite of him and such?). I think that's why the show has started to get more spiritual.

#147 of 386 Old 02-21-2009, 01:58 AM

Quote:
I seem to think that the show has been setting Bill up to eventually be Prophet over Juniper Creek (remember his grandfather? Him being the favorite of him and such?). I think that's why the show has started to get more spiritual.
That would certainly make things interesting. Power corrupts after all. Even a nice guy like Bill

#148 of 386 Old 02-21-2009, 10:10 AM

I think Bill is showing himself to be not as spiritually lofty as he thinks he is. I also agree that he may be set up one day as the new Prophet, too.
I like the direction the storyline is taking with Nikki. She's waking up and seeing that things aren't as cut dry as she was raised to believed and it's exciting to her. I do hope that she doesn't do anything with the lawyer, though. And I felt really bad for her when she saw the picture of herself in the "Joy Book" (I shudder at that name. ICK!).
I'm glad Anna is gone. She didn't fit in with the family AT ALL.
Going back to Rhonda, though...I totally felt sorry for her and I couldn't stand her. She obviously was headed for a very unhappy life wherever she was going. Ultimately, she was just a pawn for everyone to use and in the end, she got nothing.

Sheila, mother to William and Min Hee, wife of David
#149 of 386 Old 02-21-2009, 12:19 PM

I just thought of something- didn't everyone vote on Margie? Why not Ana?

#150 of 386 Old 02-21-2009, 01:27 PM

i actually find bill pretty annoying, and not because he has three wives - he is like alby and roman in many a way but claims the high ground - how is he really that different?!

i want the three wives to leave him, or i guess kick him out, keep their three homes and co-parent in peace.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page