Deliver Me: Home Edition - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-22-2009, 03:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Silly me, I thought "Home Edition" meant they were delivering at home. Set the DVR to record a bunch of episodes, and guess what? It's the same show! Why is it called "Home Edition?" I have yet to figure it out, and was too distressed by what I saw on the show to watch the whole thing through.

Does anyone know why they added the subtitle to this show? It does seem that it's a 30m versus a 60m show. I would so love to see a series on homebirth!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#2 of 4 Old 01-22-2009, 03:33 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ha ha. I watched "Deliver Me" a couple times--I was amazed at how every MDC bad-OBGYN cliche was fulfilled. Let me paraphrase:

"We're going to have to induce you because your baby is too big!"
"I'm not going to let you go past 38 weeks."
"We're just going to give you a little pictocin . . ."
"If it were me, I wouldn't feel comfortable doing a VBAC."

I seriously couldn't believe it.

Wife to a wonderful dh and mom to four beautiful kiddos, dd (3/04):, ds1 (1/06), ds2 (10/08), and ds3 (7/10)
#3 of 4 Old 01-22-2009, 04:59 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
but they are so sweet and pretty and nice when they spew their lies! How can you not believe them?!

I was wondering the same thing about the show title. I decided that they re-worked old episodes and added "new" footage, to focus on one family/mother per episode. The focus is on the mom and not the group of practicing docs. Kind of like making it into a Baby Story. That's my take!
#4 of 4 Old 01-22-2009, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I saw one shot of a house and wondered if that's what it meant - that they were doing more OUT of the hospital as far as following the families. Sigh. And there was so much hope!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page