Return of the Gosselins! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 369 Old 03-03-2009, 08:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Again, for me, it wasn't so much the notion of the off-limits bedroom, as it was the delivery...."Everyone LISTEN! Take a good look around. This is the LAST time you will EVER see the inside of this room."

I mean, even if you are the type of parent who doesn't co-sleep or who does believe in the "sanctity" of the parental bedroom or what-have-you, how friggin' hard is it to gently explain to your children that that is how you feel and that they are welcome to come get you as needed, but that knocking is necessary, or SOMETHING. Do some fun role-playing. I dunno....I just can't imagine speaking to people I wasn't absolutely furious with in that manner....let alone on a regular, everyday level.

And, uh, whomever said she sure could turn on the charm and playful last night for the camera(man) may have hit the nail on the head. She can obviously talk to SOME people kindly. :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#362 of 369 Old 03-03-2009, 09:39 PM

Darn! I missed the moving episode, but I did see the dog one. I just found this thread today and I'm excited to catch up with some fellow J&K watchers! I'm a dog lover myself, so I'm a little appalled at their choice to add two GSD's to the household, but we'll see how it goes! I'm sure it was the producers who came up with this idea. I think the idea probably went something like this, "the kids aren't babies anymore, so let's get some puppies on the show!" Of course, I'll be watching to see how it pans out. I have played right into their hands!
#363 of 369 Old 03-04-2009, 04:27 PM

Okay, I just watched the "Bye Old House" on YouTube. They all seemed happy. I get it now, that is why no one has much to say. Because they seem happy, and nice. Doing a somewhat normal activity, just cleaning out the old house.
#364 of 369 Old 03-04-2009, 04:38 PM

The only happy and nice I saw was by Kate toward the camera. Yelling at her kids and Jon was not what I would categorize as nice. Kids crying and fighting and left to fend for themselves and be supervised by camera crews doesn't seem cool to me.
#365 of 369 Old 03-04-2009, 05:32 PM

I would not say she was being nice. I just think she was nicer than she normally is that is all.

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#366 of 369 Old 03-04-2009, 05:56 PM

I dont think she was nice. Like I said before, yes she was nice (flirty) to the cameraman.

The spark is gone. I dont even have the new one set to dvr. I have all the old ones and will just rewatch those. (so if you ever need to know anything, I can probably answer it )

Quote:
Originally Posted by MabMama View Post
The bedroom issue did it in for us too. She told the kids to take a good look because that was the last itme they would be in there. Heartbreaking. There really isnt a night that at least one of my kids are venturing into our room and our welcome.

In one of the older episodes, on her kitchen cabinets where there were the prayer quotes, there was a rule list and I paused and read it and one of the rules was that the kids were to never come in their bedroom. So this isnt a new thing, this is a reiteration.
#367 of 369 Old 03-04-2009, 06:39 PM

I've heard that the Jon & Kate season finale is coming up soon, and then there'll be a new show called Twelve at the Table, about the Hayes family (the family that had a one hour special called Twins, Twins & Sextuplets). I'm looking forward to that!

I wonder if there will be much of a break between seasons for J&K though. Last time there was a season finale, the new season started the next week.
#368 of 369 Old 03-04-2009, 09:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cutiekitties View Post

In one of the older episodes, on her kitchen cabinets where there were the prayer quotes, there was a rule list and I paused and read it and one of the rules was that the kids were to never come in their bedroom. So this isnt a new thing, this is a reiteration.
If that was a rule, it was never enforced. The kids were constantly in their room at the old house. Maddy came home from school and watched TV in their room. The kids played, rested, watched TV in their room all the time.

For me too, the way she was so aggressive in telling them to take a good look around because they'd never be allowed in there again was heart breaking.

My parents room was off limits too - sort of. We knew it wasn't a play area for us but, if we were scared in the middle of the night or if we were sick etc.. we were allowed in their room. I can not imagine telling my children they could never come in my room.
#369 of 369 Old 03-04-2009, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcal View Post
If that was a rule, it was never enforced. The kids were constantly in their room at the old house. Maddy came home from school and watched TV in their room. The kids played, rested, watched TV in their room all the time.

For me too, the way she was so aggressive in telling them to take a good look around because they'd never be allowed in there again was heart breaking.

My parents room was off limits too - sort of. We knew it wasn't a play area for us but, if we were scared in the middle of the night or if we were sick etc.. we were allowed in their room. I can not imagine telling my children they could never come in my room.
"Get back in here while I tell you're not allowed to come in this room again."

That one had even me confused...

(quote may not be exactly as heard, but should be pretty close)

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page