Return of the Gosselins! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 369 Old 02-09-2009, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OK, mamas, we're going to try this one last time. Here's the poop:
This is the television forum. The purpose of the television forum is to discuss Jon and Kate Plus Eight, the television show.

All posts must both adhere to the forum's purpose (see above) and the User Agreement, specifically
Quote:
Do not post in a disrespectful, defamatory, adversarial, baiting, harassing, offensive, insultingly sarcastic or otherwise improper manner, toward a member or other individual, including casting of suspicion upon a person, invasion of privacy, humiliation, demeaning criticism, name-calling, personal attack, or in any way which violates the law.
Defamatory = purposely harmful and/or untrue with the intention to malign. MDC no longer hosting celebrity gossip, which should cover most of it, but we will also not host speculation of a harmful nature, including allegations of abuse or armchair mental health diagnoses. This is also covered under "casting suspicion".

Baiting = trying to make end runs around the User Agreement and hinting that members posting to this thread on either "side" are somehow morally deficient. It will not be tolerated, and is not the purpose of this forum. Discuss the show, not the members who discuss the show.

Offensive/disrespectful: You can discuss your thoughts on their religious beliefs as they pertain to the show. But please, mind your language. We don't host any form of religious bigotry on MDC. Don't use words that would offend you if someone turned them around and used them to describe your own beliefs.

Invasion of Privacy = tell-all blogs, aerial shots of private properties, etc.

Personal attack and namecalling: To clarify, you may state how you feel or how something makes you feel. You may feel certain actions are selfish, careless, or mean. You may not call someone selfish, careless, or mean.

This isn't the place to debate religion, family planning/fertility, discipline techniques, etc. If you want to have an extended conversation on those topics, please start a thread in the proper forum.

This thread will be opened tonight and will be actively moderated. The plan is to start a new thread each month. Posts that violate these guidelines will be removed and alerted. Jon and Kate Gosselin are certainly not core to MDC's purpose, and if these guidelines can't be adhered to, the thread will be removed.

As always, feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns.

Signed,
Modzilla

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#2 of 369 Old 02-09-2009, 09:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm so happy!! You have no idea how clean my fridge is with the hours of free time I've had since this thread went away.

AM--thank you!!
#3 of 369 Old 02-09-2009, 10:26 PM

Annnnnnd..... we're off! :

Sleepy mama to Colin Theodore 8-12-08 and Trevor Arthur 7-17-12.

#4 of 369 Old 02-09-2009, 10:33 PM

Glad it's back. I expect to see a lot of "I feel..." comments. I don't want this thing to get closed again.

My fridge is quite clean now too.

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
#5 of 369 Old 02-10-2009, 12:05 AM

O.K. speaking of refrigerators...did anyone else notice the brand new one in J&K's new house?
#6 of 369 Old 02-10-2009, 12:09 AM

And all of the mold?

Modzilla... <snort>

Mama to lovely twin girls 1/08
#7 of 369 Old 02-10-2009, 12:14 AM

I watched the Moving Day episode on my DVR last night. Does anyone know where they moved to? For some reason I thought they were buying something out of state but it seems they are moving relatively close. I don't need a town name but rather just how far from their old house are they moving?

Also, anyone watch the Q&A episode? I feel like J&K glazed over quite a few major questions. I also felt the crew's responses were very rehearsed. Thoughts?
#8 of 369 Old 02-10-2009, 12:18 AM

so glad the thread is back!!!! I missed the new one tonight but hopefully will catch it later on tonight.

Kelly,newly single mom of four wonderful children.

#9 of 369 Old 02-10-2009, 12:21 AM

I'm so happy! : Thank you for bring this thread back.

Let them sleep in the middle, Let them be little
#10 of 369 Old 02-10-2009, 12:22 AM

Count me in as another one who got their fridge cleaned!
#11 of 369 Old 02-10-2009, 12:31 AM

I only caught the very end of tonight's episode. I did not see the new fridge. But, the other one was nasty moldy, and if I could remotely afford a new one, I probably would have bought one too!

They did not move out of state. I think it is about an hour away, closer to their hometown, and I think very much closer to their church and the kids' preschool.

Edited to say that I am glad to see the thread back, and that I wish someone would have sent me the memo about cleaning my fridge! Here, all your fridges are cleaned and mine isn't. It just doesn't feel right.
#12 of 369 Old 02-10-2009, 12:39 AM

I haven't seen tonights episode yet either, but I just have to agree...if the old fridge had all that old mold in it, then yeah, I would have bought a new one as well.
#13 of 369 Old 02-10-2009, 12:44 AM

I didn't get my fridge cleaned either LOL>

And about the moldy fridge, yeah I would have rather bought a new one than spent 4 hours cleaning that one LOL

#14 of 369 Old 02-10-2009, 01:23 AM

For those who didn't get their fridges cleaned. That's your homework for next week.

For the rest of us, if my fridge were that moldy I probably would have just bought a new one too.

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
#15 of 369 Old 02-10-2009, 02:40 AM

Is it a new fridge or did they just take the panels off? I compared the two eppys and the top is the same, plus it looked like stainless under the panels.

I really dont see them buying a new one. I would have though!

Count me as someone else who did work on their fridge
#16 of 369 Old 02-10-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cutiekitties View Post
I really dont see them buying a new one. I would have though!
I find this interesting. How come? Kate is a self-admitted "germophobe".
#17 of 369 Old 02-10-2009, 01:24 PM

Yea! I hardly ever watch the show, but I really enjoy reading this thread. Glad it's back. :
#18 of 369 Old 02-10-2009, 02:40 PM

Maybe they didn't have a coupon for a new fridge. They only buy things if they have a coupon you know.

Let them sleep in the middle, Let them be little
#19 of 369 Old 02-10-2009, 02:50 PM

I actually have to agree with Kate on the tractor issue. I don't think kids should ride on lawn mowers or tractors. It just scares me. Plus, when Jon was driving the tractor, that means that 5 four-year-olds were out running around (unless there was a secret nanny that day). It just does not sound like a good combo. I would just worry about that.

treehugger.gifearth.gifribbonwhite.gif Anne (31), single WOHM to Karen (5)ribbonyellow.gifshamrocksmile.giffambedsingle1.gifjoy.gif
#20 of 369 Old 02-10-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia View Post
I actually have to agree with Kate on the tractor issue. I don't think kids should ride on lawn mowers or tractors. It just scares me. Plus, when Jon was driving the tractor, that means that 5 four-year-olds were out running around (unless there was a secret nanny that day). It just does not sound like a good combo. I would just worry about that.
I had the same thought-although I grew up riding on them. I also got a few bad injuries from slipping and falling off!
#21 of 369 Old 02-10-2009, 04:42 PM

Glad to have this thread back, now for the Duggars!
#22 of 369 Old 02-10-2009, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyactsofcharity View Post
Glad to have this thread back, now for the Duggars!
Tonight. I just want to make sure the guidelines are clear, and give people a chance to ask questions before I open it.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#23 of 369 Old 02-10-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenelle View Post
I find this interesting. How come? Kate is a self-admitted "germophobe".
Which again makes me wonder what sort of nursing she did. I really can't see her cleaning out bed pans and cleaning up other peoples vomit when she can just bearly do it for her own kids.

#24 of 369 Old 02-10-2009, 05:23 PM

Subbing...

You know, I didn't see the mold as disgusting at all, because to me it seemed like the tiniest little corner of a shelf that you can't usually even see had about a q-tip's worth of guck in it. (I also thought that the 'disgustingness' under the freezer was completely over the top). And I'm generally a pretty clean person!
#25 of 369 Old 02-10-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicianDad View Post
Which again makes me wonder what sort of nursing she did. I really can't see her cleaning out bed pans and cleaning up other peoples vomit when she can just bearly do it for her own kids.
I know the answer to this one because I read her book. She was a labor and delivery nurse--but from what I can tell she didn't do the job for very long.

I thought last night's episode was painful to watch. Jon seemed so harsh with the kids during their walk in the woods (snatching sticks and breaking them in half, tossing away all of Collin's leaves and treasures from their walk and then jerking him by the arm when he cried). Kate seemed so tired during their interview. Her eyes were half open and she visably yawned a few times. She seemed so annoyed at Jon, and Jon seemed really annoyed with her. Anytime she interjected anything into the interview he snapped at her, and she was like "whatever, I won't say a word..." and basically just sat there.

Those were my observatoins, anyway.
#26 of 369 Old 02-10-2009, 05:59 PM

Ugh, last nights episode was not fun to watch.

I just sat there thinking there are soooooooo many fun things he could have done with the kids during the walk in the woods!! I mean, really....what 4 (or are they 5) year olds just want to walk through it? Make up a story, pretend they are looking for faries so on and so on.

What was up with Jon and the sticks? My kids always have a collection of sticks, each and every one is special to them, I couldn't imagine breaking one and tossing it away...that broke my heart to see.

The "walk like a man" comment...:

I also agree with Kate about the tractor...one moment he was saying he couldn't leave the kids alone to go out in the woods with some of them, the next moment he is riding along the property with just one kid at a time. Not safe in my eyes.

The kids were cute with the walkie talkies...but man, you know your place is big when you need walkie talkies to find someone, lol!

I don't think I saw all of the show last night, I fell asleep at some point.
#27 of 369 Old 02-10-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisainCalifornia View Post
I know the answer to this one because I read her book. She was a labor and delivery nurse--but from what I can tell she didn't do the job for very long.

I thought last night's episode was painful to watch. Jon seemed so harsh with the kids during their walk in the woods (snatching sticks and breaking them in half, tossing away all of Collin's leaves and treasures from their walk and then jerking him by the arm when he cried). Kate seemed so tired during their interview. Her eyes were half open and she visably yawned a few times. She seemed so annoyed at Jon, and Jon seemed really annoyed with her. Anytime she interjected anything into the interview he snapped at her, and she was like "whatever, I won't say a word..." and basically just sat there.

I agree with everything I felt bad for both of them actually like maybe they had a fight about how he acted while she was gone. I can only imagine how stressful their lives are with 8 kids I only have one and by the time it is dinner I am stressed he is a very emotional and sensitive boy I do LOVE their new home it looks beautiful and I think it will be wonderful for their children and relieve a lot of stress for all of them.

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#28 of 369 Old 02-10-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loitering View Post
Subbing...

You know, I didn't see the mold as disgusting at all, because to me it seemed like the tiniest little corner of a shelf that you can't usually even see had about a q-tip's worth of guck in it. (I also thought that the 'disgustingness' under the freezer was completely over the top). And I'm generally a pretty clean person!
Actually no, she showed it off to the camera. The mold was every where.

#29 of 369 Old 02-10-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisainCalifornia View Post

I agree with all this. I was so sad when Jon took away Collin's stuff. And breaking one of the girls sticks :

I can't wait till they have the whole house 'done' Where did their furniture go? I heard them say they had 'a couch and a chair" Obviously beds and the kitchen table too, but didn't they have more furniture in the old house?

#30 of 369 Old 02-10-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicianDad View Post
Actually no, she showed it off to the camera. The mold was every where.
Hmm, I must have missed that. I can't seem to watch an episode without multitasking, or I get too annoyed.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page