The Gosselins come MARCHing along... - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2009, 03:25 PM
 
LittleBlessings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Who watched the season finale of Jon and Kate plus 8?

I find it so sad that there may not every be another season but I understand that they have to put there family first.

I will miss the Gosselins
LittleBlessings is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-26-2009, 03:51 PM
 
mommy68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6,167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by savannah smiles
After watching the finale last night, I came away with a strong urge to buy Allstate insurance and redeem my Gymbucks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by savannah smiles
When Cara was on the court with the Globetrotters, I was thinking that Maddy was probably going to get upset. Sure enough, almost every time the camera panned over to the family, Maddy was either crying, trying to get her parents' attention, or just looking upset in general. She has a tough time with a lot of things, poor kiddo.
I noticed this too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just lily
I notice there is never any mention of the children's friends. I wonder how well they fit in with their peers?
I've heard Kate refer to Mady or Cara being at a friend's house in a past episode. However, if you were the mother of their friends wouldn't you want to be left anonymous? I certainly would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamax3
I do have sympathy for Jon and I totally think that the best thing for him would be to get a job outside of the house. A lot of men get their self esteem from their job/work and I think that since Jon gave up his job, he has been spiraling more toward unhappiness.
I agree in a way. I think Jon needs to at least being doing something he enjoys doing and not what his wife is demanding him to do. I'm sure the main reason he quit work back then was to stay home to help Kate because she made him to do it. Jon seems to do "most" of the child care when the show is on, or at least most of it that I can see. Its as if he is nothing more than a babysitter for Kate while she cleans house, does laundry and cooks all day.

__________________________________
46-year-old single (divorced), self-employed working, home schooling, part-time college student mommy to:

19 yr old
12 yr old
5 yr old
mommy68 is offline  
Old 03-26-2009, 03:54 PM
 
Rsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just watched one of the new house episodes. I wonder how the previous owners of that house feel having Kate keep saying how "disgusting" and "filthy" it was before they moved in?
Rsmom is offline  
Old 03-26-2009, 03:56 PM
 
mommy68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6,167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I thought it was disturbing that Jon & Kate seem to be at an odds regarding doing the next season. How sad that Jon can't simply be the man of the house and make the decision "not" to do the show anymore. In my house I respect my husband and he respects me. I would see no reason to keep doing something that my DH is not completely and utterly happy doing. Jon seems miserable and very unhappy at this point. I bet he would be a much better parent if he could do what he wanted to do with his life.

The little ones are starting kindergarten in the fall anyway - are they not? There's really not going to be much of a show now. They already stopped showing Mady & Cara on most of the newer episodes since they are in school alld ay. If all the kids are in school 6-7 hours per day then Jon should feel completely free to get a job. I think Kate is being unfair and selfish at this point. She loves the fame and fortune and that matters to her more than her husband's happiness in life.

__________________________________
46-year-old single (divorced), self-employed working, home schooling, part-time college student mommy to:

19 yr old
12 yr old
5 yr old
mommy68 is offline  
Old 03-26-2009, 04:23 PM
 
Mamax3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 960
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I fell asleep half way through the finale. I can hardly keep my eyes open past 9 pm. Did they say there may not be a next season? I thought the new season starts in May.
Mamax3 is offline  
Old 03-26-2009, 04:24 PM
 
LittleBlessings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
They said they were unsure if there would be a new season.
LittleBlessings is offline  
Old 03-26-2009, 04:53 PM
 
2cutiekitties's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Georgia baby
Posts: 1,150
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How dumb for them to pretend that. When they were on Oprah she announced the new season would start in May.

After seeing them at Mr. Chows on TMZ, I only hope they get what they are asking for. Too bad they cant stay at home and rasie their kids. Now that was a good show. Off my soapbox.
2cutiekitties is offline  
Old 03-26-2009, 05:01 PM
 
LisainCalifornia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As far as the sextuplets being in kindergarten next year and that being the end of the show, I just don't see it. In Big People, Little World, the kids are all older, and they still tape lots of footage of them. I really like that show as well. I like the scenes of the older boys getting into adventures on their Roloff Farm. I think they do a good job putting that show together so that it is entertaining, yet still respectful to the kids on it.

I thought the last episode at the end of Jon and Kate was sad. It is clear there is something not right there between them, and clearly Kate is over the moon happy with the show, while Jon is desperately unhappy. Since Jon had a very hard time finding a and keeping a job before their show, I don't see that they have many options for him going back to work. He doesn't have much education, either. He said he worked as an IT ananlyst in Kate's book--but he didn't seem very skilled at it.
LisainCalifornia is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 01:02 AM - Thread Starter
 
annettemarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the Restricted Section
Posts: 34,451
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Merging with the Jon and Kate thread. Please be sure to follow the thread guidelines in the first post, and make any edits needed. Thanks!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

annettemarie is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 01:21 AM
 
G's mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay. That Allstate insurance product placement was the most ridiculous of all product placements ever!!! "We're going to leave after I look at this info that my Allstate rep sent me" or whatever it was. And watching him "look at the info" over his shoulder! Come on!! It would have been much better if they were to have a minor fender bender or hail damage on their home that they had to get fixed, and actually show them using their Allstate insurance!! ha!

mom to G 6/19/03 and M 9/9/06
G's mommy is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 01:34 AM
 
littlelentils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 659
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsmom View Post
I just watched one of the new house episodes. I wonder how the previous owners of that house feel having Kate keep saying how "disgusting" and "filthy" it was before they moved in?

ugh i agree.


 

littlelentils is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 04:36 AM
 
november's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location:
Posts: 801
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by G's mommy View Post
Okay. That Allstate insurance product placement was the most ridiculous of all product placements ever!!! "We're going to leave after I look at this info that my Allstate rep sent me" or whatever it was. And watching him "look at the info" over his shoulder! Come on!! It would have been much better if they were to have a minor fender bender or hail damage on their home that they had to get fixed, and actually show them using their Allstate insurance!! ha!
LMAO. I totally I agree. I was just rolling my eyes when I saw that. Phony bologna.

SAHM to my sweet girl born in fall 2009

november is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 03:59 PM
 
MusicianDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tuponia
Posts: 8,928
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsmom View Post
I just watched one of the new house episodes. I wonder how the previous owners of that house feel having Kate keep saying how "disgusting" and "filthy" it was before they moved in?
Hard to say, but I honestly wouldn't dis Kate for saying that sort of thing, certainly not with some of the horror stories I've heard regarding moving into a newly purchased house. One friend of the family found moldy clothes in the washing machine when they moved into their new home.

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
MusicianDad is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 04:14 PM
 
Rsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicianDad View Post
Hard to say, but I honestly wouldn't dis Kate for saying that sort of thing, certainly not with some of the horror stories I've heard regarding moving into a newly purchased house. One friend of the family found moldy clothes in the washing machine when they moved into their new home.
Okay--THAT's gross. lol I just thought the big fit she threw over the dust and little things under the freezer in the basement was a little over the top. Maybe I'm a slob, but I don't move my large appliances around in the basement to clean very often.
Rsmom is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter
 
annettemarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the Restricted Section
Posts: 34,451
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Please remember that MDC doesn't host celebrity gossip/chit chat/speculation. Thanks!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

annettemarie is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 09:47 PM
 
MusicianDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tuponia
Posts: 8,928
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsmom View Post
Okay--THAT's gross. lol I just thought the big fit she threw over the dust and little things under the freezer in the basement was a little over the top. Maybe I'm a slob, but I don't move my large appliances around in the basement to clean very often.
I think that was their old house. They were moving the freezers to take them to the new house.

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
MusicianDad is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 10:07 PM
 
Rsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicianDad View Post
I think that was their old house. They were moving the freezers to take them to the new house.


Ohhhhhhh...I thougth it was the new house because it was an unfinished basement. So then Kate's the slob then? Or wait--it's Jon's fault.
Rsmom is offline  
Old 03-28-2009, 12:05 AM
 
MusicianDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tuponia
Posts: 8,928
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsmom View Post
Ohhhhhhh...I thougth it was the new house because it was an unfinished basement. So then Kate's the slob then? Or wait--it's Jon's fault.


Garage of the old house and their excuse was they just don't move those things...

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
MusicianDad is offline  
Old 03-28-2009, 04:34 AM
 
november's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location:
Posts: 801
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Who does though? Call me crazy, but moving a deep freeze on a regular basis is not on my list of things to do...

SAHM to my sweet girl born in fall 2009

november is offline  
Old 03-28-2009, 10:38 PM
 
MusicianDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tuponia
Posts: 8,928
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by november View Post
Who does though? Call me crazy, but moving a deep freeze on a regular basis is not on my list of things to do...
We have never moved ours.

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
MusicianDad is offline  
Old 03-29-2009, 03:28 AM
 
swampangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 959
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy68 View Post
The little ones are starting kindergarten in the fall anyway - are they not? There's really not going to be much of a show now.
I agree. I think it's different from LPBW because that show began with older kids and the premise wasn't just parenting - it had a premise that I think lends to longevity better than J&K+8. J&K was intriguing to watch in the beginning, for me, because of the enormous task of parenting so many babies. Even as toddlers it was interesting but it was beginning to verge on uncomfortable even then. Now it just seems like a show without a point. The themes for the show illustrate that to me clearly.

I used to watch every moment, now it's on in the background when I'm on the computer. I really wonder how much longer the show has.
swampangel is offline  
Old 03-29-2009, 04:25 AM
 
swampangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 959
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow. I just finished watching the last couple of episodes. The finale was really mixed for me.

Jon was so clear in his unhappiness with things as they currently are. Of course, they'll come back since she already said that on Oprah and I think they would end the show with things more "tied up", so to speak - not with a discussion around the decision. I was so struck by Kate's holding on to how happy she is right now and not even really hearing what Jon was saying. I think he made some really good points and she just doesn't want to hear it. He said pretty clearly that his being home is good for her, but it isn't "him".

Remember that special way back before the show started when they were upstairs folding laundry together and chatting and laughing? I just get the feeling that is gone between them. I think Kate has become consumed with fame and all that has come with it. She doesn't resemble the woman from those specials at all.

I felt a little sad when they were signing the old set. Not because I'm sad to see it go or anything close. But because they've been at this for so long now and it seems to be ruining their family. It all seemed kind of empty and sad and forced.

Hopefully they'll end it after another season. I really can't see it going on too much longer.

(I hope I haven't broken rules...my intention was to talk about the epidode and how it seemed to me. )
swampangel is offline  
Old 03-29-2009, 12:56 PM
 
G's mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not disagreeing with you... I feel the same way... but you can bet that if Oprah invited my family on the show (I don't know why she would...) I would definitely go on a shopping spree and buy brand new, coordinating outfits for the family!!! Even if I didn't have a coupon!! ha ha!

mom to G 6/19/03 and M 9/9/06
G's mommy is offline  
Old 03-29-2009, 02:20 PM
 
mija y mijo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,348
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampangel View Post
Wow. I just finished watching the last couple of episodes. The finale was really mixed for me.

Jon was so clear in his unhappiness with things as they currently are. Of course, they'll come back since she already said that on Oprah and I think they would end the show with things more "tied up", so to speak - not with a discussion around the decision. I was so struck by Kate's holding on to how happy she is right now and not even really hearing what Jon was saying. I think he made some really good points and she just doesn't want to hear it. He said pretty clearly that his being home is good for her, but it isn't "him".

Remember that special way back before the show started when they were upstairs folding laundry together and chatting and laughing? I just get the feeling that is gone between them. I think Kate has become consumed with fame and all that has come with it. She doesn't resemble the woman from those specials at all.

I felt a little sad when they were signing the old set. Not because I'm sad to see it go or anything close. But because they've been at this for so long now and it seems to be ruining their family. It all seemed kind of empty and sad and forced.

Hopefully they'll end it after another season. I really can't see it going on too much longer.
I just watched the finale last night and I couldn't agree more. I can't imagine DH telling me that he's not happy with our life as it is and me just brushing him off... It spoke volumes as to where her priorities are. How sad.
mija y mijo is offline  
Old 03-29-2009, 05:06 PM
 
lovingmommyhood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,399
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mija y mijo View Post
I just watched the finale last night and I couldn't agree more. I can't imagine DH telling me that he's not happy with our life as it is and me just brushing him off... It spoke volumes as to where her priorities are. How sad.
Yeah, not only that but she was almost giddy seeming about how happy she is with the show. Didn't even seem to consider his feelings at all.

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
lovingmommyhood is offline  
Old 03-29-2009, 11:36 PM
 
kay4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingmommyhood View Post
Yeah, not only that but she was almost giddy seeming about how happy she is with the show. Didn't even seem to consider his feelings at all.
Ditto this.

Kelly,newly single mom of four wonderful children.

kay4 is offline  
Old 03-30-2009, 01:33 AM
 
Theoretica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Inside my head (it's quiet here!)
Posts: 3,663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have a youtube link to the finale episode being discussed here? I can't find it anywhere? TIA!

GOOD moms let their kids lick the beaters. GREAT moms turn off the mixer first!
Humanist Woman Wife , & Friend Plus Mama to 6 (3 mos, 2, 9, 13, 17, 20)
Theoretica is offline  
Old 03-30-2009, 01:34 AM
 
Sol_y_Paz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: La Biblioteca
Posts: 1,905
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mija y mijo View Post
I just watched the finale last night .
Instead of the short clip on how they feel doing the show has changed them and their life and all of that I was hoping to hear something on how the kids were doing with it and if they wanted another season and how it is effecting them in school and all.

happy family!joy.gif we winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFnocirc.gif

Sol_y_Paz is offline  
Old 03-30-2009, 03:24 AM
 
swampangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 959
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by G's mommy View Post
I'm not disagreeing with you... I feel the same way... but you can bet that if Oprah invited my family on the show (I don't know why she would...) I would definitely go on a shopping spree and buy brand new, coordinating outfits for the family!!! Even if I didn't have a coupon!! ha ha!
Shopping for the Oprah Show is just one of the many things that indicate they aren't hurting for money - the big ol' house for one! The show has just changed and isn't true to how it started. Not that we all have to stay the same, of course. I'm just confused about the point of it now.
swampangel is offline  
Old 03-31-2009, 04:05 AM
 
ece602's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: In my own little world
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would love to youtube the finale too!
ece602 is offline  
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off