The Gosselins come MARCHing along... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 365 Old 03-04-2009, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome to your March thread I'm going to c&p my note from the last thread:

OK, mamas, we're going to try this one last time. Here's the poop:
This is the television forum. The purpose of the television forum is to discuss Jon and Kate Plus Eight, the television show.

All posts must both adhere to the forum's purpose (see above) and the User Agreement, specifically
Quote:
Do not post in a disrespectful, defamatory, adversarial, baiting, harassing, offensive, insultingly sarcastic or otherwise improper manner, toward a member or other individual, including casting of suspicion upon a person, invasion of privacy, humiliation, demeaning criticism, name-calling, personal attack, or in any way which violates the law.
Defamatory = purposely harmful and/or untrue with the intention to malign. MDC no longer hosting celebrity gossip, which should cover most of it, but we will also not host speculation of a harmful nature, including allegations of abuse or armchair mental health diagnoses. This is also covered under "casting suspicion".

Baiting = trying to make end runs around the User Agreement and hinting that members posting to this thread on either "side" are somehow morally deficient. It will not be tolerated, and is not the purpose of this forum. Discuss the show, not the members who discuss the show.

Offensive/disrespectful: You can discuss your thoughts on their religious beliefs as they pertain to the show. But please, mind your language. We don't host any form of religious bigotry on MDC. Don't use words that would offend you if someone turned them around and used them to describe your own beliefs.

Invasion of Privacy = tell-all blogs, aerial shots of private properties, etc.

Personal attack and namecalling: To clarify, you may state how you feel or how something makes you feel. You may feel certain actions are selfish, careless, or mean. You may not call someone selfish, careless, or mean.

This isn't the place to debate religion, family planning/fertility, discipline techniques, etc. If you want to have an extended conversation on those topics, please start a thread in the proper forum.

This thread will be opened tonight and will be actively moderated. The plan is to start a new thread each month. Posts that violate these guidelines will be removed and alerted. Jon and Kate Gosselin are certainly not core to MDC's purpose, and if these guidelines can't be adhered to, the thread will be removed.

As always, feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns.

Signed,
Modzilla

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#2 of 365 Old 03-05-2009, 12:10 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh THANK YOU great NotModzilla!!!!!

I think I'm the first sub....and I don't even watch the danged show!!!

Pathetic. I know it. Bad me...BAD!

GOOD moms let their kids lick the beaters. GREAT moms turn off the mixer first!
Humanist Woman Wife , & Friend Plus Mama to 6 (3 mos, 2, 9, 13, 17, 20)
#3 of 365 Old 03-05-2009, 02:16 PM

Theoretica...I'm with you!

I NEVER watch the show on TV. NEVER..but I am ADDICTED to this thread!

Mrs B
#4 of 365 Old 03-05-2009, 10:58 PM

lol....I, also never watch the show. I would if I had cable, but i can only get like 2 channels with my dinky rabbit ears. Yet this thread calls my name.....

Very blessed mama to one bouncin' boy bouncy.gif (12/07) one angel3.gif who didn't get to stay (6/09), one potty learning, mess making divaenergy.gif(4/10), and one cheerful milk monster. aabfwoman.gif (12/11) Happy partner to the love of my lifedp_malesling.GIF.  

#5 of 365 Old 03-06-2009, 02:43 AM

thanks for opening a new one! All I can say about the last few episodes is SNOOZE!!! Soooo boring. And Kate is just way more annoyed than normal. And orange! ugh. Why do I even channel-surf this show??? Just looking for things to yell at the tv about, I think.
#6 of 365 Old 03-06-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaJean View Post
thanks for opening a new one! All I can say about the last few episodes is SNOOZE!!! Soooo boring. And Kate is just way more annoyed than normal. And orange! ugh. Why do I even channel-surf this show??? Just looking for things to yell at the tv about, I think.

She looks totally different! She hasn't seemed any less stressed out like she said she would be so much happier here she is no different!

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#7 of 365 Old 03-06-2009, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

I have removed the last few posts. They did not discuss the television show, and crossed the line into celebrity gossip, which we no longer host.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#8 of 365 Old 03-06-2009, 04:07 PM

I am sooooo confused?! Why are we starting over? Was it because of the rules talk? I thought that is show related.

I rewatched the piano episode last night. I enjoyed it. Made me miss when they showed the kids more. Even my hubby noticed she looked different. Her face is "way more put together" - which is code for "she looks hot" .
#9 of 365 Old 03-06-2009, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cutiekitties View Post
I am sooooo confused?! Why are we starting over? Was it because of the rules talk? I thought that is show related.
I'm not sure what you mean by "rules talk," but when the thread was returned, it was with the understanding that we would start a new thread each month. Not only does it make the thread easier to moderate, it also cuts down on people bringing things up from months ago. We discussed it towards the beginning of the February thread if you'd like to go find the conversation.

#10 of 365 Old 03-06-2009, 04:10 PM

maybe a new thread each month? (just guessing here lol)

I've missed the last few but will catch then in reruns. I think Kate looks really nice and Jon too. I actually like the 'boring' episodes better since it shows them more at home lol

Kelly,newly single mom of four wonderful children.

#11 of 365 Old 03-06-2009, 04:21 PM

I guess I am the only one here who actually still watches it and finds it interesting?

I wonder if they are going to keep filming continuously like they have in the past (only taking short breaks) or if they will break after this season and take the summer off? I think that would be good for the kids to do.

Anyone know what the next episode will be about?

I think as far as the last episode, (them cleaning out the old house)---it could have been better produced. I think that what makes it unrelatable to most Americans is the fact that their old house was actually not as small Kate painted it to be (it was 2000 sq feet)--and really quite nice and adequate for a family their size. Most of us would be pleased with a house like that. So that makes it hard to swallow when Kate goes through it and says that she had no attachment to the old house and that it made her so clausterphobic to just walk through it that she acted like Alice in Wonderland in that tiny house when just walking the halls. It made Kate appear really odd and unappreciative. I think more "memory clips" of the old house should have been woven into the show, with them talking about what they will miss about it.

I also think that her yelling immediately at her child "GET OUT! NOW!!" who tried to come down stairs while she was sorting through a very small pile of their belongings (stuff--in her words--useless stuff), was an example of why people have a problem with her. Interacting with your kids like that on a daily basis just isn't healthy for their emotional health. I wish she could find a better way, and keep hoping that will eventually happen for her.

Her absolute disdain for the old house and the "stuff" left behind is really hard for me to relate to. It is not like I have to be able to "relate" to Kate to watch the show, and I realize that humans all are different in their interactions. I just hope that she takes the time to appreciate that much of that stuff was donated to them by others, and that in hindsight she could see that they did have some wonderful family memories in that house. I also hope that she can see that house was actually not that bad, and that it isn't really right to paint it as something that should be quickly forgotten.

Lisa
#12 of 365 Old 03-06-2009, 04:27 PM

I just watched the episode where they go back to their old home to get all the leftover stuff. I was amazed at how much was left!! I understand Jon being attached to the playset but there's no way I would have dismantled that thing. Waaaay too much work!

Gazing furtively at you from under my siggie!
#13 of 365 Old 03-06-2009, 04:32 PM

Yes, the playset thing was out there for me, too. And then what was even stranger was that at the end, in the last shot of them saying their 'final goodbye' to the house, as they pull out of the driveway, there's the playset still all set up in the backyard. Huh? What just happened? I just watched a whole show about cleaning out the house and taking down the playset and there's still obvious junk left in the garage and playset still there. Whaaa? It's so bizarre.
#14 of 365 Old 03-06-2009, 04:39 PM

omg, monkeys mom. good catch! I am now going to have to rewatch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by "rules talk," but when the thread was returned, it was with the understanding that we would start a new thread each month. Not only does it make the thread easier to moderate, it also cuts down on people bringing things up from months ago. We discussed it towards the beginning of the February thread if you'd like to go find the conversation.
Oh okay, that is right it is a new month!!!!!!!! Where does the time fly? I thought it got started over because of the last page of the feb thread and was confused that it was about Kates rules.

Dont mind me, just in la la land. Sorry to have made a post about it!!!
#15 of 365 Old 03-06-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisainCalifornia View Post
I think as far as the last episode, (them cleaning out the old house)---it could have been better produced. I think that what makes it unrelatable to most Americans is the fact that their old house was actually not as small Kate painted it to be (it was 2000 sq feet)--and really quite nice and adequate for a family their size. Lisa
I have to admit 90% of what comes out of Kate's mouth just makes me cringe. However I agree with her that the house was too small for them. With 2 adults, 8 active kids, 2 dogs (recently added) and all of the camera crew, sound crew, lighting crew, etc in that house I would be getting batty too. Their new home is beautiful and very spacious.

Mom to Zach eat.gif , 2 cat.gif, 1dog2.gif, and a whole lot of goldfish.gif!!!! 
#16 of 365 Old 03-06-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach'smom View Post
I have to admit 90% of what comes out of Kate's mouth just makes me cringe. However I agree with her that the house was too small for them. With 2 adults, 8 active kids, 2 dogs (recently added) and all of the camera crew, sound crew, lighting crew, etc in that house I would be getting batty too. Their new home is beautiful and very spacious.
I agree that with the 2 adults 8 kids the house could be on the small side. We are a family of 5 (with 3 bigger kids) in a 1700 sq. foot home, and there are times I wish it was bigger. But at the same time, I know that this is our home, and we make the best of it. I grew up with a much smaller house and more people in it. I know many people who have houses that small (their house was actually listed as 2300 sq. feet) with lots of kids, and they still appreciate their house. Some have smaller houses and wish for bigger, but like many americans today, we are grateful to have a home!

It was more the way she made it seem like such a "hovel" that was beneath her and worthy of contempt that got to me.

With their schedule with the filming crew, I can see how their house would seem even more small. The new house just seems so massive to me, it seems like overkill. But if they can afford it and that is what they think is best for their family--that is their decision. I just didn't admire the attitude she had while going through the old house, that's all.
#17 of 365 Old 03-06-2009, 07:08 PM

I hope this new house is able to bring them a little more peace and a little less grumpiness. I love their new dogs they are beautiful!

Blessed with two BEAUTIFUL little girls: Kylie (09/06) and Maggie (4/09) :
#18 of 365 Old 03-06-2009, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter

Please remember that we no longer host celebrity gossip. If it wasn't on the show and/or isn't directly related to the show, please do not post it. Thank you.

#19 of 365 Old 03-06-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisainCalifornia View Post
I guess I am the only one here who actually still watches it and finds it interesting?
No, you aren't.
#20 of 365 Old 03-06-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
Please remember that we no longer host celebrity gossip. If it wasn't on the show and/or isn't directly related to the show, please do not post it. Thank you.
My fault!!!

I thought if it was an article we could post it...sorry 'bout that

#21 of 365 Old 03-06-2009, 10:05 PM - Thread Starter

If the articles are related to the show you can post them. Jon playing drinking games doesn't really have to do with the show.

#22 of 365 Old 03-06-2009, 10:12 PM

Gotcha...I think I'll just PM first to be sure next time!

#23 of 365 Old 03-06-2009, 10:57 PM

I'm sooo glad I'm not the only one that noticed how much stuff was left in the garage as they were driving away at the end of the episode!! I actually turned to ds and said "I hope someone is going back to clean all that out". It broke my heart to see some really nice things getting tossed... I can only hope it got recycled in some fashion. Anyone else surprised TLC/Discovery didn't send a crew member to dismantle the lighting??

I'm getting pretty bored with the 'staged' episodes (going on a walk, getting the puppies, getting appliances, etc.), and I miss having Cara and Mady around. It's seeming less about being a family and surviving together and more of the "Kate and Tups Showcase". I hope it picks up soon or I'm going to have to find something else to do Monday nights!

B wife to B and mama to my two boys B 1/23/07 via csect and H 9/27/08 my vbac babe!
We , selectively (don't) vax, babywear, cosleep, love music, and try to be as crunchy as we can get!
#24 of 365 Old 03-06-2009, 11:19 PM

Part of the reason I haven't been enjoying the last few episodes is because they're all about moving. I've moved 4 times in the last 7 years and the LAST thing I want to see, hear, or think about is moving!:

I miss seeing the twins, too! Maddy reminds me so much of my 7 yr old and watching her on tv helps me feel more loving and gentle towards my own (often) difficult child.

Gazing furtively at you from under my siggie!
#25 of 365 Old 03-07-2009, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey's mom View Post
Yes, the playset thing was out there for me, too. And then what was even stranger was that at the end, in the last shot of them saying their 'final goodbye' to the house, as they pull out of the driveway, there's the playset still all set up in the backyard. Huh? What just happened? I just watched a whole show about cleaning out the house and taking down the playset and there's still obvious junk left in the garage and playset still there. Whaaa? It's so bizarre.
I noticed that too and it made me wonder! Maybe the production crew needed to get the driving away shot before it got dark so they did that before they were leaving for real?
#26 of 365 Old 03-07-2009, 02:02 AM

Okay, i'm jumping. in. I find myself defending Kate when my circles of friends talk about the show, mostly because in a lot of ways she reminds me of my sister (who is a great person, but would probably come off like Kate were her life to be filmed). BUT...I feel like lately she is saying more unkind things and being more sarcastic. Like her whole attitude about the dogs...before they even went to get them she was already acting completely annoyed, and then once they had them threatening constantly to take them back if the kids didn't get in line. I really want to believe that at least in part there is some editing going on to emphasize this part of her personality since I'm sure it's more "entertaining", but it makes me sad too. I think I mostly just hope she is happier than she seems, you know?

Wife to dh and mama to : dd (7/08) and ds (11/09)
#27 of 365 Old 03-07-2009, 11:40 AM

AM I breaking the news story?!?!??! A LONGTIME lurker?!?!?!

News stories all over..... HAVE YOU SEEN?!?!?

Mama to lovely twin girls 1/08
#28 of 365 Old 03-07-2009, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogafeet View Post
AM I breaking the news story?!?!??! A LONGTIME lurker?!?!?!

News stories all over..... HAVE YOU SEEN?!?!?
If it's actual news and has something to do with the show, feel free to share.

If it's celebrity gossip/news, is not directly related to the show, and involves beer pong, it's not for MDC, sorry!

#29 of 365 Old 03-07-2009, 12:12 PM

Annette Marie, you are so darn sensible.

Mama to lovely twin girls 1/08
#30 of 365 Old 03-07-2009, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

I'm guessing that's not a compliment.

Sorry, though. It's the word from above.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page