American Idol - The Top 13 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 143 Old 03-19-2009, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsmom View Post
I liked Alexis, and I think Michael Sarver should have gone before her. But at the same time, it kind of turned me off the other night when after the judges' comments she said something like 'If I'm here next week, you'll see dirty again. You want dirty, you'll get dirty'. Okay, not an exact quote, but she used "dirty" quite a few times. We get it...you're the cute sweet girl that's all dirty and sexy now.
I agree with you 100% about who I would have liked to see go home. Alexis most definitely did not deserve that. And too bad her voice cracked a few times while singing for her life, because I bet they would have kept her otherwise.

I think I know what she meant by dirty. I don't think she meant sexual or raunchy. Her voice can have a bit of a rougher edge to it at times, and it gives the feel of a more "dirty" performance, but not sexual. I guess I cannot really explain it, but I know what she was talking about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 143 Old 03-19-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls181 View Post
I agree with you 100% about who I would have liked to see go home. Alexis most definitely did not deserve that. And too bad her voice cracked a few times while singing for her life, because I bet they would have kept her otherwise.

I think I know what she meant by dirty. I don't think she meant sexual or raunchy. Her voice can have a bit of a rougher edge to it at times, and it gives the feel of a more "dirty" performance, but not sexual. I guess I cannot really explain it, but I know what she was talking about.

Oh I know what she meant too (although they did also mention her different appearance and attitude before as well). It just annoyed me. She sounded almost cocky.
#123 of 143 Old 03-19-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsmom View Post
Oh I know what she meant too (although they did also mention her different appearance and attitude before as well). It just annoyed me. She sounded almost cocky.
She only used the term dirty because Kara said she missed her dirty side. I didn't find Alexis cocky at all.

I also totally disagree about Adam having a huge ego. He seems really humble, and I LOVED his performance. Danny, on the other hand, seems totally cocky.

I cannot stand Megan anymore. I loved her when she auditioned, but then decided her voice is just not pleasant to listen to at length. And could she cough a little more to remind us of how sick she was? She is TOTALLY this seasons Kristy Lee Cook.

I don't think Alexis deserved the boot last night. It should have been Michael.
#124 of 143 Old 03-19-2009, 11:29 AM

I won't lose any sleep over who went home. I think it could have been Scott or Michael but, oh well.
#125 of 143 Old 03-19-2009, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That is really funny about Megan being this season's Kristi Lee Cook!

treehugger.gifearth.gifribbonwhite.gif Anne (31), single WOHM to Karen (5)ribbonyellow.gifshamrocksmile.giffambedsingle1.gifjoy.gif
#126 of 143 Old 03-19-2009, 12:03 PM

I also think that Adam seems really humble. I like him a lot.

Did anyone else think that Randy Travis looked like Bender from Futurama last night?
#127 of 143 Old 03-19-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia View Post
That is really funny about Megan being this season's Kristi Lee Cook!
Hey, I said that first!

Whenever Kristy thought she was in danger of being voted off, she'd wear something that showed lots of cleavage. I expect Megan to go the same route. And omg, what was wrong with Megan's dress last night? She looked as if she had water balloons in it. Maybe she kept them from the Ford ad.
#128 of 143 Old 03-19-2009, 01:00 PM

Next week is Motown, I think.

Prenatal/Pediatric Chiropractor (Diplomate) , raising the next generation drug-free!
DS - CJ :, the love of my life
#129 of 143 Old 03-19-2009, 01:11 PM

I think Michael should've gone home. I wasn't crazy about Alexis's performance, but she has a good voice.
#130 of 143 Old 03-19-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiro_kristin View Post
Next week is Motown, I think.
That's what I heard too. I'm interested to hear what Adam will do. I think Danny should sing "Uptight/Everything's Alright". He really seems like he has the energy and the chops to pull off one of those untouchables as Cara calls them. I like Motown music though so I hope they make some interesting song choices. I can't sit through ten different renditions of "My Girl".

My Etsy Shop
Acorn Dolls~Wool Felt Crowns~Children's Craft Kits~Shooting Stars~Dancing Fairy Rings~Come On Over and Play!
#131 of 143 Old 03-19-2009, 03:27 PM

You Megan haters.... so silly.
#132 of 143 Old 03-19-2009, 04:54 PM

I just sat down to watch Tuesday's show. My 16 mo old is LOVING Michael!! He's laughing and dancing and rocking out! I really enjoyed it, too.

Ok, going to finish the show.

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#133 of 143 Old 03-19-2009, 05:09 PM

I really dislike Adam.

His background is in musical theatre, and I feel that he is playing the ROLE of rock star. He definitely has a good voice and some decent stage presence, but it just doesn't feel genuine to me.

I would like him a lot better if he just took it down a notch.

Wife to DH (06/10) and Mummy to DD (07/08).

#134 of 143 Old 03-19-2009, 05:11 PM

That's funny, because I don't see him as theater-y or over dramatic at all... I just think he is being himself... interesting, the different ways we all see him.

I love his hair though, to be completely shallow for a minute
#135 of 143 Old 03-19-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken View Post
Lil- I love anything she does. I disagree with the judges- it was country week, she did country and sang it well. Nothing uncomfortable about that.
I agree. I got chills. And I cried. (Well, could be the emotional aspect for me behind the song. I grew up in a DV home.)

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#136 of 143 Old 03-19-2009, 05:13 PM

I liked Lil's song too. I was surprised at the judges on that one.
#137 of 143 Old 03-19-2009, 08:36 PM

I see Adam as more of a front/lead singer for a band, not really a soloist. I think he would fit that role best.

I love Danny! I don't think he is cocky at all.

Anoop rocked it this week!

Meghan can go home. I agree with a pp who said they liked her at first, but over time her voice is not enjoyable to listen to. That is exactly how I feel about her now too. She should have went home before Alexis.
#138 of 143 Old 03-21-2009, 02:10 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls181 View Post
You Megan haters.... so silly.
I don't hate her. I think she's gorgeous and I want her to do well in life. I just really dislike her singing voice.
#139 of 143 Old 03-21-2009, 02:36 AM

I think Alexis was off her game this time.

Meghan's voice is... odd. It's quirky. One of those that will have a few hits then fade into oblivion.

#140 of 143 Old 03-21-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_lily View Post
I really dislike Adam.

His background is in musical theatre, and I feel that he is playing the ROLE of rock star. He definitely has a good voice and some decent stage presence, but it just doesn't feel genuine to me.

I would like him a lot better if he just took it down a notch.

Yes I totally agree. You said it more clear than I did.
#141 of 143 Old 03-21-2009, 03:08 PM

#142 of 143 Old 03-23-2009, 08:51 AM

Gotta say, I'm in the "love Adam camp"! I think he's so fun to watch. I always look forward to what he is going to do next. What people see as cocky/over confident is IMO just his comfort level and experience w/this kind of thing. Having been in theatre most of his life, he is so used to performing, auditions, receiving negative feedback, that he handles it really well. I actually like how he responds when Simon blasts him - he just kind of laughs but stays respectful. So much better than the whining & justifying others do.

Happy mama of four Wild Things
"And now," cried Max "let the wild rumpus begin!"
#143 of 143 Old 03-23-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*max*~ View Post
What people see as cocky/over confident is IMO just his comfort level and experience w/this kind of thing. Having been in theatre most of his life, he is so used to performing, auditions, receiving negative feedback, that he handles it really well. I actually like how he responds when Simon blasts him - he just kind of laughs but stays respectful. So much better than the whining & justifying others do.
I agree completely. Last night, I was explaining to my 7-year-old the meaning of the word impervious, and I used Adam as an example of someone who is impervious to criticism.

It's so hard for me to get past the "trying too hard" feeling about Megan, in terms of the way she dresses, her makeup, the tattoos, and just her whole persona. I hated the way she milked having been sick last week. I can't wait until she's voted off.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page