"I didn't know I was pregnant" Tues Mar 17th on Discovery Health - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 03-16-2009, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is airing tomorrow night and I plan on watching it! It looks very provocative!

http://health.discovery.com/fansites...-pregnant.html

Mama to one very active DS (5.5) Loving wife to my wonderful DH and our baby girl arrived on December 10, 2009
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 03-16-2009, 07:12 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
I can't watch this tomorrow b/c we don't get that channel here (just antenna lol) but I DID watch it when visiting my parents' home once (they have satellite). It was a really good show. I went into it really wondering how in the world could someone genuinely NOT know they were pregnant until the very end, but these women truly didn't know. They had various reasons and explanations and they were all rational. I wish I could watch it again.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
#3 of 14 Old 03-16-2009, 08:11 PM

You can watch webisodes at that link. I can't imagine what a surprise that would be!

Rebekah married to Justin Mama to Jonah and Josiah
#4 of 14 Old 03-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Banned

I think I have actually seen that. It's not new. The stories are pretty intense! One college woman thought she was having really bad cramps one day, and she was overweight so she didn't notice the baby bump...she didn't have regular periods anyway so she didn't notice that either. Until she gave birth in her dorm room! Her baby was fine. But what a story!
#5 of 14 Old 03-16-2009, 09:03 PM

I am concerned that my participation on this forum is being supervised and possibly used out of context in ways that can harm myself and my family. I really don't like going through and removing my posts (it is so isolating and sad!) but I am defering to something so very much more important right now.
#6 of 14 Old 03-16-2009, 09:10 PM

A friend of mines friend had this happen.
Literally, went to the hospital for gall stones, and came back with a 7lb 8oz gall stone, a boy!
hahaha

It blows my mind.

Married to my best friend, and favorite person in the world... Proud 1st time mama to our son, Conway James. Born July 29th!::::
#7 of 14 Old 03-16-2009, 09:26 PM

this happened to a friend of mine TWO times! and her first pregnancy was twins!! they were transverse and she is quite overweight. she got her period all along (which happened to me in both my pregnancies but only for 3 months each for me)... at the end she got what she thought was a crazy period with an unusual amount of blood that would not stop so the went into the er. they thought she had an ovarian cyst that ruptured & did an ultrasound - surprise! 2 full term (and quite large) babies!

then about 5 years later she got pregnant again and also had no idea... this time though she figured it out and knew when she was in labor!!!

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#8 of 14 Old 03-16-2009, 09:50 PM

Just FYI- I've seen it too, and I thought it presented very negative/scary views of birth. If you're sensitive to that sort of thing, I wouldn't recommend watching it.

I was also offended that the stories seemed to imply that these women could have seriously hurt their babies in the following ways: didn't take prenatals, didn't have an ultrasound, ate normally, exercised normally, etc. Sounded like scare tactics to me.

Running, blogging, gardening, military mama... to Louisa Mae 9/2/09 and June Elizabeth 12/7/10. 
#9 of 14 Old 03-16-2009, 10:16 PM

I thought there was supposed to be a new one on sometime. Anyone know anything about that?

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
#10 of 14 Old 03-16-2009, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ein328 View Post
Just FYI- I've seen it too, and I thought it presented very negative/scary views of birth. If you're sensitive to that sort of thing, I wouldn't recommend watching it.

I was also offended that the stories seemed to imply that these women could have seriously hurt their babies in the following ways: didn't take prenatals, didn't have an ultrasound, ate normally, exercised normally, etc. Sounded like scare tactics to me.
I thought that was really sad. I started to cry at the first one I watched because they acted like the baby was stillborn. It was interesting other than the ending where they scare you.

Rebekah married to Justin Mama to Jonah and Josiah
#11 of 14 Old 03-16-2009, 11:04 PM

I watched the webisode and thought it was 'eh' but then clicked on this one and thought it was really neat! What a cool, laid-back mama!

http://health.discovery.com/videos/b...ng-births.html
#12 of 14 Old 03-16-2009, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picturesque View Post
I watched the webisode and thought it was 'eh' but then clicked on this one and thought it was really neat! What a cool, laid-back mama!

Oh wow, that one was amazing! When they were showing her on the toilet with Baby#1, I thought it was a really lame reenactment - then they mentioned "Dad kept the home video going...." Holy moly! She was SO calm!

DS 12/22/05 and DD 5/24/09
#13 of 14 Old 03-17-2009, 12:11 AM

I love these stories! I wish I could watch the whole episode but it does not seem to be on here.

DS 12/22/05 and DD 5/24/09
#14 of 14 Old 03-18-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picturesque View Post

oh wow! that was fantastic! Hope we all can be so lucky :0)

: totally in love , vegan & mountain dwelling mama to my girls ❤ 5.2003 & 10.2009 ❤

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page