Burroughs/Padovan-Hickman Wife Swap - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 39 Old 04-21-2009, 02:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think the scariest thing is that the New Jersey mom works in the psychiatric field as an RN with children. :
#32 of 39 Old 04-21-2009, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcelain Interior View Post
I think the scariest thing is that the New Jersey mom works in the psychiatric field as an RN with children. :
I agree.

Although, I would not be surprised if this hurt her career.

Mom to DS(8), DS(6), DD(4), and DS(1).  "Kids do as well as they can."

#33 of 39 Old 04-22-2009, 02:00 AM
Banned

i haven't watched all of the show. sometimes, i just have to turn things off.

first, i love the idea of simplicity, and so i enjoyed that aspect in the introduction. sure, there were things that were "too far" for me, but i certainly honor the process.

second, what saddens me is that, as a PP mentioned, a lot of people want to live like SN's family. right now, many of my client's husbands have lost jobs. many of themare upper middle class. many of them are terrified about how they're going to make ends meet. they're in debt beyond their eye-balls, and they don't want to cut back on anything. one client was crying to me that she had to give up getting her teen daughter's nails done and just how horrible and sad that was because now her daughter won't fit in. i remember a time when gals did their own nails at that age. . .

anyway, what was really surprising to me was how hurtful/angry/mean the woman was. i can understand being unnerved or angry, but honestly hurtful? and then i realized that this is probably entirely unconscious on her part. why?

because that's how my MIL is. honestly, to her, a lot of people are "cruds." she uses this term rather broadly--it could be refering to people of color, or poverty, or a lack of sophistication (and she's no sophisticate) or anyone who is different.

no doubt, this simple family would be "cruds" in her book because of her perception of their lack of hygeine, or perhaps they don't go to church (i have no clue, but for her, that creates a "crud"), or their lack of electricity use after certain hours.

afterall, her neighbors are 'cruds' because their son plays drums, but not "real" drums, just "fake indian drums" and "not in real rhythms like music. that is, he plays a drum purchased for him at 10,000 villages that he likes to take to drum circles, and he often has drum circles in his room with his family and a couple of friends.

but you see, because in her mind, that's not 'real music' and he's not 'learning drumming from a teacher' and so on, his drumming is a mennace and annoying (granted, they share a wall and the drumming CAN get annoying at times--but he only plays during the day between 2 and 5 as to be respectful of their shared wall and noise levels)--the whole family are "cruds."

now, she uses this term as a description, and she is critical and judgemental towards everyone. afterall, once she commented on a butterfly, and please, use a judgemental tone to read this: Do you see that? do you see that butterfly just FLAPPING AROUND in the garden?

seriously, what else is a butterfly to do? i was so shocked.

but anyway, my MIL has NO CLUE that she's being rude, judgemental, or mean. she'll say to your face (as she has said to mine) "geez, you look like hell!" just because, say, the wind blew your hair out of place on your way from the car to the front door, or perhaps you spilled something on your coat that morning and didn't have another ne to bring with you.

but, if you bring up to her taht she's being mean or rude, she has no clue what you're talking about. she doesn't see it that way. she just thinks she's being helpful. she's letting you know that "you know, they do have instructors who teach drumming!" and "it would be better if you didn't wear coats with big stains on them because then you won't look like hell!" and "geez, butterfly, wouldn't life be easier if you just weren't FLAPPING AROUND all the time?"

yeah, my MIL has serious issues, but she is honestly and truly "well meaning." seriously, i wouldn't believe it myself if i actually saw her on TV--but truly, after 12 years, she honestly believes that she is sweet, loving, and seriously helpful.

or as she says "i'm just trying to be helpful, why is everyone so mean to me?"
#34 of 39 Old 04-29-2009, 07:05 PM

I was trying remember where I saw the blond friend of Shannon Nicole's. She was the one who was with her at the plastic surgeon's office (or maybe she worked there). I finally figured it out the next day. She was on an older episode of the Discovery Health Channel tv show 'Surviving Motherhood." She was the one with twin daughters and an older girl. On her featured episode she was worried about spending too much time cleaning her house and not enough with her kids. I don't remember her name.
#35 of 39 Old 04-29-2009, 10:47 PM

I wanted to punch Shannon Nicole square in her plastic, collagen-filled face. She was so rude, shallow and just straight up horrible.

I told DP that I wonder how well the "rich" family are doing during this recession. Wouldn't it be so funny if they went broke. Oh, karma.

Rebecca DP
our baby girl (12/2008)
#36 of 39 Old 05-05-2009, 12:11 PM

dp said its funny that she spends all the money on how she looks and she ended up looking kind of scary. although i wonder if someone who acts so ugly could ever really look pretty. she made a fool of herself. jumping on the bed saying she won.. won what exactly? everyone thought she was horrifying.
#37 of 39 Old 12-23-2009, 06:34 PM

WOW! I am just now catching this show. Shannon Nicole (give me a break did they pick a shared first name?!?_) obviously didn't learn a thing studying for her degree.

I was taken aback at her looks...disgusting! She looks so unnatural! I feel badly for those kids. They will grow up with her prejudices and treat people as poorly as she does. What do they do around Christmas? Kick orphans and widows???

The husband Shannon Michael is clueless that he is whipped.

I found it appalling at the name calling of the guest family. The mall scene .. those people were shaking their heads at Shannon Nicole not at the family.

I would love to meet this Shannon Nicole and wack her down a few pegs. She is one ugly woman both inside and out.
#38 of 39 Old 06-27-2012, 06:47 PM

Mrs. Burroughs, you by far are the most disgusting person I've ever seen. Honestly I hope you get eaten by the defenseless animals that you seem to like wearing. Also, if and I mean if by chance I ever saw you I would help you feel what pain they go through so you could put them on your ugly disgusting body. Also, when you decide to have more surgery done, have them turn you back into a woman, you are going way too far and fast and are looking more like a man every time.
#39 of 39 Old 06-27-2012, 06:49 PM

Thanks

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page