American Idol: Top 5 - Page 8 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#211 of 223 Old 05-15-2009, 07:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If anyone has any good Adam music links I'd love to see them. I google for them, but often can't come up w/anything good. I am obviously a big fan too. :

Happy mama of four Wild Things
"And now," cried Max "let the wild rumpus begin!"
#212 of 223 Old 05-15-2009, 12:05 PM

This is totally OT but I got a kick out of it. this morning I was behind a mini van with a bumper sticker that said "I'd rather be at a Fantasia Barrino concert"! That really struck me funny.

Anyhow- I thought either Danny or Kris could be finals-worthy. Although I did feel sad for Danny since they've been predicting he'd be in it since the very beginning. All of the top 5 or so will be successful, they are all very talented in very different ways.

At the beginning I never would have predicted Kris making it this far! I thought he was forgettable, and would be voted off soon. He did show how he can change things up and turn songs into something original that suit his style. And, you can see how very, very much this means to him and his family!
#213 of 223 Old 05-15-2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenjane View Post

If Kris wins this, it will be the biggest upset in Idol history. Dont think it will happen, but if it did....would be interesting!
I don't know about this. Ryan said that there were only a million votes out of 88 million separating the Kris and Adam. And I have a feeling that all those who were voting for Danny might be more likely to throw their votes to Kris now than to Adam. That could, I think pretty easily, make for a Kris win next week.

That, and there are tons of emails floating around showing Adam in rather promiscuous and flamboyant poses/outfits which have been maliciously circulated by radical conservative groups asking if people really want an out gay man to be the American Idol. :
#214 of 223 Old 05-15-2009, 03:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
And I have a feeling that all those who were voting for Danny might be more likely to throw their votes to Kris now than to Adam. That could, I think pretty easily, make for a Kris win next week.

besides the fact that on VFTW, they are telling everyone to vote for KRIS, bc the judges and AI want ADAM to win........

so, it could be a HUGE upset in the finale...........
#215 of 223 Old 05-15-2009, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IncaMama View Post
if any of you have not heard adam's studio versions of his songs - RUN RUN RUN to itunes or youtube to listen to them. i'm doing that right now and HOLY SH*T is all i gotta say about that.
Can you print a link? I cant find any song by that name sung by Adam...
#216 of 223 Old 05-15-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMK_Mama View Post
What did you all think of Katy Perry's cape with Adam's name on it?
And Simon telling everyone he thinks Adam should win?
And the article in Entertainment Weekly?

I worry it's going to backlash and cause Adam to lose.
I think The Cape was funny. Katy and Adam are good friends.
EW - everyone has been discussing adam's sexuality, if that was such an issue he wouldn't gotten so far.

Simon really loves Adam, its unusual for Simon to praise someone like he does. So I think its a good thing!
#217 of 223 Old 05-15-2009, 05:13 PM

Oh and here is a thought...

AI is a REALITY show. It would not at all suprise me if the people behind AI has something to say about who is going to be the winner.

I think people going crazy over those picture's have either no life, or are major homophobes. He was an adult when he took those pictures and he is an adult now. Its not like he was having a full blown orgy for everyone to see.
#218 of 223 Old 05-15-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_olive View Post
I don't know about this. Ryan said that there were only a million votes out of 88 million separating the Kris and Adam. And I have a feeling that all those who were voting for Danny might be more likely to throw their votes to Kris now than to Adam. That could, I think pretty easily, make for a Kris win next week.

That, and there are tons of emails floating around showing Adam in rather promiscuous and flamboyant poses/outfits which have been maliciously circulated by radical conservative groups asking if people really want an out gay man to be the American Idol. :
This is what has me afraid.

: Robyn : Increasingly crunchy Mama to Kya (8) , Makena (7) , and Keegan (4) :
#219 of 223 Old 05-15-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainsmom View Post
which one?
#220 of 223 Old 05-15-2009, 09:37 PM

I have not liked Adam at all, since day 1. He screams too much for my taste and when he is singing, I cringe. Really, truly. It's awful, I know, but I just don't like his sound.

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#221 of 223 Old 05-16-2009, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainsmom View Post
I think she was just saying "RUN RUN RUN" to itunes or Youtube, not that there was a song by that name. His old songs are good, Crawl Through Fire, The Circle, Rough Trade, etc. and the studio recordings of all of his Idol songs are incredible!

dd1 4/7/05 dd2 8/22/07 and b/g twins born 5/23/10
#222 of 223 Old 05-16-2009, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avocado View Post
I think she was just saying "RUN RUN RUN" to itunes or Youtube, not that there was a song by that name. His old songs are good, Crawl Through Fire, The Circle, Rough Trade, etc. and the studio recordings of all of his Idol songs are incredible!
My favorite is "You make me crazy" i think its called. The performance and the song is very...well....sexy? ROFL!
#223 of 223 Old 05-16-2009, 08:33 PM

So watching the homecoming stuff, I think Adam seems like a really down-to-earth guy.

I still don't like his sound.

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page