Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimiij View Post
I want to eat Teresa's baby, Milani.

She's so cute.

I loved her in the store:

"I WANTED that!!!"

"Too heavy!" as she picks up the shopping bag full of stuff and gives it to someone else

She's got such a mischievous smile too...Love her!
All her kids are cute. I really like her and the SIL housewife. They are just sweet real people. The agent they saw in NY was the same one Avery saw in season 1 of RHNYC.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 134 Old 05-27-2009, 03:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
This show is crazy. If any of these women met Kelly from RhoNY they would scowl at her and then tell her to STF up! Which would be funny.

I liked that Caroline was freaked out by the botox party. It was nice to have someone not totally buy into that as what women should be doing. I like that she's a little out of the box of the regular Real Housewife. She likes the bling but she's not totally fake.
#33 of 134 Old 05-27-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBug View Post
I feel like I am watching the ladies version of the Sopranos!
: i'm wondering how legit these families are especially with all the cash being thrown around. BUT it is certainly entertaining!!

danielle -- i agree with everyone's comments about her. she makes me sad even if she is crazy. and yes, her bf is definitely not a hottie nor 26.

caroline -- love her, but she is one tough cookie. kinda scary. yeah, it was awesome that she didn't buy into all the botox stuff.

dina -- she's hilarious, but i also think she's pretty mean. or maybe just incredibly stuck up. anyone else agree?!?

teresa -- funny but the whole modeling agency stuff with her dd is wacky. poor girl.

jacqueline -- my favorite. she seems so sweet and the most "real" housewife, too.

dd 10.06joy.gif

#34 of 134 Old 05-27-2009, 08:23 PM

Dina-her Queen Bee-ness makes me want to smack her. If she were my SIL we would clash big time-no way would I walk on eggshells around her like some do.
#35 of 134 Old 05-27-2009, 09:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The modeling/talent agency Teresa went to with her daughter is the same agency that Ramona uses for her daughter Avery on the Real Housewives of New York City. I recognize that talent agent. It was the same woman Avery met when she was auditioning for something. This goes to show how much I watch Bravo.
Teresa has an amazingly short forehead. At first I thought her hair was a wig but I think it's really her hair. It's just her hairline is very low. :

Caroline is refreshing in her lack of love for botox. But she is a tough mama bear. I wouldn't cross her. Perhaps that explains why Jacqueline gives in to her sister-in-law. Jacqueline is very sweet and likeable but I fear she doesn't have the personality to stand up to her two sisters in law. The other sister, Dina, comes off as someone who has done cosmetic surgery but pretends she hasn't. I agree with Danielle in that respect. If you do it at least own it, don't pretend you haven't done it, and don't look down on those who do.

Danielle - Words fail me. Going to meet a man you only know as "Guccimodel". She's not being a good role model for her two young daughters.

I think the show likes to hint that the men on the show are connected to organized crime but it's unlikely that someone who is really involved with such things would be on a candid reality show. The last thing people like that want are cameras in their lives. I wouldn't be surprised if the producers told the families to play up the stereotypes for entertainment value.

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
#36 of 134 Old 05-27-2009, 09:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Teresa has an amazingly short forehead
As usual BG, you said exactly what I wanted to say

I do not know why this bothers me, but it does. Her big eyes accentuate the hairline, and then she wears thick headbands.

She looks like Paul Stanley from Kiss

I still actually think that she is pretty. I think they all are pretty except for Danielle who I find scary as all get out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 tea6.gif

#37 of 134 Old 05-27-2009, 09:50 PM

I love the show, but could so do without Danielle, she's just missing one too many screws for me, it's just annoying. Dina definitely has some queen bee issues, but the verdict is still out for me. Teresa I really do like, but she could ease up on the modeling thing, like couldn't she just take some pictures of her kid playing in the back yard instead of doing a huge shoot, oh well atleast the little girl does really seem to like it. Jaqueline just totally gets a she seems very real and Caroline I like but man she's a little controlling when it comes to her kids, I mean they are adults.
#38 of 134 Old 05-28-2009, 03:29 PM

I'm really liking this season! I am still a Jersey girl at heart!
#39 of 134 Old 05-28-2009, 03:37 PM

I feel for Danielle's two girls. They look so forlorn when she went on that date with the 26 year old. The way they stared down from the balconey was sad. It's so hard to be that age with ordinary "boring" parents but imagine having a mother on national television talking about intimate details of her sex life. Did everyone else hear the conversation outside the restaurant between Danielle, Teresa, and Jacqueline where Danielle mentioned she wanted to break up with the guy right at the dinner table? I distinctly heard Danielle say "What about my p***y?" Nice. I guess cable shows are allow such language these days.

#40 of 134 Old 05-28-2009, 04:53 PM

That is the main thing that bothers me about Danielle, her dd is 14...surely she told her friends they were going to be on TV....I would DIE if my mother acted like that. It's just disgusting, if she were single whatever only affecting her but when you make your kids deal with that, it's just wrong.

I LOVE Caroline!

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all
#41 of 134 Old 05-28-2009, 04:57 PM

These ladies are my favorite housewives so far. Love them!

Danielle - I agree with everything that has been said about her. She is weird.

Caroline - She is my absolute favorite!!

Dina - She seems really mean and stuck up. Not sure if its justified in regards to Danielle but hopefully we will find out what is going on there.

Teresa - That woman is just too much. She is so over the top but sweet and funny.

Jacqueline - Really down to earth and nice.
#42 of 134 Old 05-28-2009, 10:12 PM

by far my favorites - i like the dynamic that 3 are family and a 4th that is a good friend to that family... danielle is just icky and all this new info is interesting :-))
#43 of 134 Old 06-01-2009, 12:33 AM

I just started watching. For some reason, I'm addicted to the "Housewives" franchise.

Danielle is disturbing. Seriously, I'm a single mom and she is my anti-role model. Sheesh. I almost cannot watch her.

Dina, I think I kinda like in a weird way. I like that she has a career and is "trying" to teach her daughter to be more self sufficient.

I heart Caroline. She laughs a lot and her kids are funny.

Theresa, I find it hard to not like, but she is sooooo unlike me. Different strokes and all that....

Jaqueline is like the women I am friends with IRL. I like her a lot.
#44 of 134 Old 06-01-2009, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugMacGee View Post
I just started watching. For some reason, I'm addicted to the "Housewives" franchise.
you and everyone else!

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#45 of 134 Old 06-01-2009, 11:47 AM

I've never watched any of the previous Housewives shows, but since this one is in NJ, and I happened to catch a marathon this weekend....

I've lived in NJ almost my entire life and I can tell you, without question that MOST of the state is NOT like this. They live in Franklin Lakes, which is a VERY upscale community. (I was involved with a dude from Franklin Lakes in college. So, I'm familiar) but, most of the state is much more middle of the road, and normal, than these ladies.

I think Danielle is really pretty, and the most "real" looking one (Jacqueline is second in that regard, but OMG with the makeup already!). But, yeah, she really needs to chill out. Dina's a UAV. Caroline is my favorite, so far. She seems the most normal. I agree that she's controlling wrt her kids, but I like that she's involved with them in a mostly positive way.

The REAL housewives of NJ look way more like me and my friends. But it's sure fun to see how the other half lives for an hour or so a week.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#46 of 134 Old 06-01-2009, 11:53 AM

Two things:

1. I can't believe they can say p*ssy on tv now. Weird. DH and I couldn't believe it when we heard it on an episode.

2. Everytime I see the commercial where Caroline says: "Let me tell you a-something about my family", I laugh. I love the way she speaks. LOL

Michigan native living in Jersey with my hubby, sweet girl (4), wild boy (2), and baby girl due Dec. 18th! 

#47 of 134 Old 06-01-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I've lived in NJ almost my entire life and I can tell you, without question that MOST of the state is NOT like this
Yes. I am from Philly but I can attest to this because I grew up going there and we have a lot of family from there. They are just like us with a different accent. These women unfortunately embody a stereotype which I hope the show does not perpetuate.

Quote:
1. I can't believe they can say p*ssy on tv now. Weird. DH and I couldn't believe it when we heard it on an episode.

2. Everytime I see the commercial where Caroline says: "Let me tell you a-something about my family", I laugh. I love the way she speaks.
Exactly this. I'm horrified by the language. I know its technically cable but still. I'm a prude and don't want to hear it. Nor do I want my kids hearing it when I watch the marathons on Sundays

I laugh every time I see that preview with Caroline too. Her hair is a bit mussed in the back which makes it funnier. Having seen that so many times before the show started, I thought that she was going to be scary. But now getting to "know" her, its hilarious. Its a happy surprise to like her so much.

tea6.gif

#48 of 134 Old 06-01-2009, 02:05 PM

I am also ticked about the language-don't forget they said bj, too. When it started to come on my girls werein the room & I started coughing loudly-hahahaha!
#49 of 134 Old 06-01-2009, 03:58 PM

Have any of you ever read the blogs the ladies post? I have only read Dina's but it is very eye opening...apparently the NY wives do it too, where they give their own take on the episode...which I think makes sense since you are only seeing a very small part of who these ladies are. I like Dina alot after reading her blog.

#50 of 134 Old 06-01-2009, 07:32 PM

Oh, I just LOVE these ladies. They're the best so far!

Woman. Mother. Activist.
#51 of 134 Old 06-01-2009, 07:50 PM

Are the blogs on Bravo.com?

Mama to Belly(5), homesteading in the desert with our chickens and sheep. Fish nerd, really into my reef tank. Baby due Sep 3rd!

#52 of 134 Old 06-01-2009, 09:27 PM

Yes they are! I think they write each week

#53 of 134 Old 06-02-2009, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonWillow View Post
I laugh every time I see that preview with Caroline too. Her hair is a bit mussed in the back which makes it funnier. Having seen that so many times before the show started, I thought that she was going to be scary. But now getting to "know" her, its hilarious. Its a happy surprise to like her so much.
Same here. I thought she was going to be scary but she's grown on me. I like her. She's very protective of her family but there's nothing wrong with that. She seems to have a good relationship with her husband, children, and many siblings. I find her refreshing. Plus, I like that she looks unenhanced.

Caroline, Dina, and their brother (the chef to celebrities) all look so much alike. They all have the same lovely blue eyes.

#54 of 134 Old 06-02-2009, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Caroline, Dina, and their brother (the chef to celebrities) all look so much alike. They all have the same lovely blue eyes.
They really are beautiful. I didn't think that Caroline was that pretty, but on second look, she really is. And if Dina has had work done, I can't tell. The brother is one handsome and stylish dude too. Isn't there like 11 siblings? I wonder if we will ever get glimpses of any others...

tea6.gif

#55 of 134 Old 06-03-2009, 12:11 AM

So, OMG Do you think Danielle really did what the book says she did? Or do you buy her story?

(And why do I care? )

I'm going to go to Franklin Lakes and try to find that salon they all go to, because I really like Danielle's haircut.

#56 of 134 Old 06-03-2009, 12:17 AM

I think that she is a bit of a loose cannon. I don't know how much is true but when Jaqueline asked about the kidnapping she said she wasn't going to answer, which seems like a red flag to me.
And wow about how she went off on Joe!

I hate to say it because she's sweet as anything but Jaqueline doesn't seem very bright.

I wanted to cry when Dina was crying about her daughter leaving!

Caroline is still my favorite and the more I see her, the prettier I think she is.

tea6.gif

#57 of 134 Old 06-03-2009, 12:21 AM

I keep wanting to give Danielle the benefit of the doubt, because she seems to ahve everyone against her, except Jacqueline and Theresa, but, she's making it awfully hard.

I want to be friends with Jacqueline.

#58 of 134 Old 06-03-2009, 12:44 AM

Holy crap... Danielle scares me! :
#59 of 134 Old 06-03-2009, 03:16 AM

I couldn't stand Danielle up until tonight's episode, when she called out Teresa's husband for using the word "gay" as a slur. I think he used it a few times before she got direct with him. I'm not sure exactly what she said, but at least somebody finally said something! And I may stop watching the show because of Teresa and her non-chalant attitude about the slur and how she thinks Danielle is disrespecting her husband, just for letting him know how inappropriate it is. It ticked me off that much. Is that really the attitude of this group? What a bunch of ignorant **** If that's how it is, then Danielle is the only one I have any respect for, even with all her flaws and poor decision-making.
#60 of 134 Old 06-03-2009, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

personally, I think Jacqualine should keep her distance since Danielle seems to be coming on really strong even without the book etc.

That house last night was way way over the top with all the marble etc and that crazy furniture.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page