The Real House Wives of New Jersey - Mothering Forums

#1 of 134 Old 05-14-2009, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, we have been thru the others already. Lets dish!!! :

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 134 Old 05-14-2009, 06:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Subbing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 tea6.gif

#3 of 134 Old 05-15-2009, 12:39 AM

the big difference with this installment of the franchise is that 3 of the 5 are related and another has been friends with them for 10+ years - only one somewhat of an outsider... so different than all the rest... i just kept waiting for Meadow to be one of the wives :-)

#4 of 134 Old 05-15-2009, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

Or Carmella or Janice! LOL

This should be good then since they are friends and its not forced like it is on the NYC show.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#5 of 134 Old 05-15-2009, 10:02 AM

these ladies are a bit too hardcore-they scare me!
#6 of 134 Old 05-15-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mata View Post
Ok you nailed it. I couldn't think of anything appropriate to say about what I was thinking, but you expressed it. Thank you

tea6.gif

#7 of 134 Old 05-15-2009, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I can't wait to watch this show. I love the Housewives in general, OC are my favorite. But these women, wow.
#8 of 134 Old 05-15-2009, 12:40 PM

I swear these women are EXACTLY like my DH' s family in Jersey. Just substitute a family hotel buisness for a construstion buisness and you have it. Welcome to a sneak peak of christmas eve, over the top christenings, weddings and birthday parties in my life! The last time we went to an event for that side of the wedding we joked we should tape it and submit it as a pilot episode, too late!!

Jenese Mama to Elliot 8/05 and Millie Jane 7/07 and Cecilia Kate 1/11
#9 of 134 Old 05-15-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys1st View Post
This should be good then since they are friends and its not forced like it is on the NYC show.
I really liked the first episode and I think this is a big reason why- the family ties should get pretty interesting!

Kirsten, mama to Monkey since May 2007 and Bean born 11/7/09
#10 of 134 Old 05-16-2009, 10:23 AM

I live in Jersey and everything seems about right so far.
#11 of 134 Old 05-16-2009, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I think that about sums it up for me. The divorcee one is a bit scary. I was a bit taken back about the "phone sex" comment and I felt really bad that she had cameras following her to her "date". The guy probabley got a load of the cameras and ran the other way.

#12 of 134 Old 05-16-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
totally!! I kinda like that they are family and long time friends but at the same time it makes it really hard for the one lady to really be involved. But I guess they had to throw her in for the drama factor. subbing as well!
#13 of 134 Old 05-17-2009, 12:00 AM

subbing...

I didn't watch most of the other Housewives...I only started watching the NYC ones while visiting my mother in NY...then I was hooked!

The Jersey girls are WOW so over the top! I mean I know they have money but the size of those house blow my mind! I feel like I am watching the ladies version of the Sopranos!

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all
#14 of 134 Old 05-17-2009, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBug View Post
subbing...

I didn't watch most of the other Housewives...I only started watching the NYC ones while visiting my mother in NY...then I was hooked!

The Jersey girls are WOW so over the top! I mean I know they have money but the size of those house blow my mind! I feel like I am watching the ladies version of the Sopranos!
Those houses are known as "McMansions" or "Bash and Builds" here in Jersey.
#15 of 134 Old 05-17-2009, 12:39 PM

Are alot of the homes in Jersey like this? I had cousins in Jersey and I don't remember this sort of thing....I suppose there are houses like this in every state....just not in my realm of life....I told my dh that I was meant to be rich....not marry a man NAMED Rich....LOL He keeps telling me to write my book so we can have that and he can be a SAHD!

#16 of 134 Old 05-17-2009, 06:40 PM

I'm a relocated Jersey girl...and I can say there are many houses like that in NJ. Alpine, Franklin, even parts of Bergan County. I loved the first episode....I'm a total "housewives" junkie though. I'd love to see a cross-over cocktail party with NYC and NJ. My money would be on those five girls from across the river kicking Kelly's you know what after about 3 minutes

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (11y) and one sweet boy (7y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
#17 of 134 Old 05-17-2009, 10:33 PM

They would destroy Kelly!

#18 of 134 Old 05-20-2009, 12:22 AM

Danielle is, wow, I don't even know...aggressive, scary. Something going on there. How she kept stepping in when Jaqueline went to confront her daughter about inviting extra people to the birthday party...

Caroline and her family are hilarious

tea6.gif

#19 of 134 Old 05-20-2009, 01:31 PM

I really like Jaqueline. She seems very down to earth.

I agree, Caroline's family is great!

Kirsten, mama to Monkey since May 2007 and Bean born 11/7/09
#20 of 134 Old 05-20-2009, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

Love this version! The two sisters and the SIL, could be relatives of mine. Loved the older sister. I sooo wanted to sit at the table and eat her food, yum! Her family cracks me up. Loved the kids. This family seems real to me. I think thats the first time I have ever seen one of any of the housewives actaully cook including Bethanny who you never really saw cook!
The one with the three little girls is hilarious. I love how she decribes her DH. She calls him delish! as in yum. That house she is building is way way way over the top. She also said she dosent have big hair, um yes you do! LOL

The divorcee one is trying to either one fit in or two just get in. I hated how she said she is looking for someone to take care of her. PUKE smillee please. Also, her date was an alleged 26? Um dont think so...maybe 36.

#21 of 134 Old 05-20-2009, 07:13 PM

I know it was awful how she said she needed someone to come in and rescue her and her girls. Then I thought about it though and she probably does not have the earning potential to support her current lifestyle. Its still bad but she probably does need help if she is going to maintain the status quo.

Theresa's house is ridiculous. Does she think she is royalty? She does indeed have big hair but her husband is neither "delish" nor "juicy"

tea6.gif

#22 of 134 Old 05-21-2009, 04:38 AM

I started watching the OC show because it reminded me of home when I was in WA and now like a series of books I must watch every one.I noticed that thais version none of the ladies are holding anything representing their area in the still shots.The OC ladies had oranges, the NY ladies had apples and the ATL ladies had peaches but there's nothing for the Jersey ladies except maybe the diamonds?

me, herding 5 critters, several fish and two chickens DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10
#23 of 134 Old 05-21-2009, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

I guess they can hold Jersey Tomatoes?? It is the garden state after all. My mother is from NJ and that is always the first thing she talks about, getting jersey tomatoes on the way to the Shore.

#24 of 134 Old 05-21-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
I guess they can hold Jersey Tomatoes?? It is the garden state after all. My mother is from NJ and that is always the first thing she talks about, getting jersey tomatoes on the way to the Shore.
They should indeed hold tomatoes. I am from Philly and spent many summers with Jersey tomatoes on the way to the shore.
Awesome

tea6.gif

#25 of 134 Old 05-22-2009, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherWren View Post
They should indeed hold tomatoes. I am from Philly and spent many summers with Jersey tomatoes on the way to the shore.
Awesome
my parents are from Philly too and STILL go back to the shore every year.
We always used to go to this roadside stand and buy the tomatoes. Funny, they have lived in the Chicago area LONGER than Jersey and still act like they are from and in the east coast LOL.

But watching the Jersey housewives is like watching some of my relatives. OTH, where the other shows would be catfight the entire time, this show makes me LOL. Cannot wait for the cat fights to start.

#26 of 134 Old 05-22-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
my parents are from Philly too and STILL go back to the shore every year.
We always used to go to this roadside stand and buy the tomatoes. Funny, they have lived in the Chicago area LONGER than Jersey and still act like they are from and in the east coast LOL.

But watching the Jersey housewives is like watching some of my relatives. OTH, where the other shows would be catfight the entire time, this show makes me LOL. Cannot wait for the cat fights to start.
I actually have family very close to where the show is filmed. Its a small world

tea6.gif

#27 of 134 Old 05-22-2009, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalisa View Post
I can't wait to watch this show. I love the Housewives in general, OC are my favorite. But these women, wow.
I love them.

Quote:
...yep, me too...but in a good way

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafwood View Post
I'd love to see a cross-over cocktail party with NYC and NJ. My money would be on those five girls from across the river kicking Kelly's you know what after about 3 minutes
Oooo, yeah. That would be awesome. I want to know who in NJ will take on Ramona. That is one fight I wouldn't miss.

"Hey, mama!" to the fried dough lovin', monkey-boy.joy.gifI'm back and ready to chat!

#28 of 134 Old 05-24-2009, 11:34 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Danielle is, wow, I don't even know...aggressive, scary. Something going on there. How she kept stepping in when Jaqueline went to confront her daughter about inviting extra people to the birthday party...

Danielle is creepy. What Dina said about skinning her and wearing her like last year's Versace? Um, yea. If one of my friends tried to get all up in my parenting, wow. The way she kept saying "do you want me to talk to her???" Shut up.

Theresa cracks me up. She's just so worried about being perfect.

I love them.
#29 of 134 Old 05-24-2009, 05:06 PM

subbing...

Quote:

Yeah what was that all about...who the heck are you to be so involved...I didn't like that...annoying...she is trying too hard in every aspect of her life...

[QUOTE=Amys1st;13799324]Love this version! The two sisters and the SIL, could be relatives of mine. Loved the older sister. I sooo wanted to sit at the table and eat her food, yum! Her family cracks me up. Loved the kids. This family seems real to me. I think thats the first time I have ever seen one of any of the housewives actaully cook including Bethanny who you never really saw cook!
The one with the three little girls is hilarious. I love how she decribes her DH. She calls him delish! as in yum. That house she is building is way way way over the top. She also said she dosent have big hair, um yes you do! LOL

The divorcee one is trying to either one fit in or two just get in. I hated how she said she is looking for someone to take care of her. PUKE smillee please. Also, her date was an alleged 26? Um dont think so...maybe 36.[/QUOTE]

Funny I said the same thing to my DH about her hair comment "I used to have big hair" Ah honey, you still do!

And there is no way that guy is 26...I know some men go bald early but there was more to him then hairloss that points to him being older...

Quote:
I know it was awful how she said she needed someone to come in and rescue her and her girls. Then I thought about it though and she probably does not have the earning potential to support her current lifestyle. Its still bad but she probably does need help if she is going to maintain the status quo.

Theresa's house is ridiculous. Does she think she is royalty? She does indeed have big hair but her husband is neither "delish" nor "juicy"

Agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersmom View Post
I started watching the OC show because it reminded me of home when I was in WA and now like a series of books I must watch every one.:DI noticed that thais version none of the ladies are holding anything representing their area in the still shots.The OC ladies had oranges, the NY ladies had apples and the ATL ladies had peaches but there's nothing for the Jersey ladies except maybe the diamonds?
Based on these ladies...guns! This is a bit more Sopranos than the others...come on..."I am paying $102,000 CASH for furniture b/c of a recession...There's only one reason why people like that pay cash...I'm just surprised it is so out in the open...hello IRS!"

Mama to Jack (12/7/06) & Liam (4/3/08) & Iris Hope (10/6/10)
#30 of 134 Old 05-26-2009, 10:07 PM

I want to eat Teresa's baby, Milani.

She's so cute.

I loved her in the store:

"I WANTED that!!!"

"Too heavy!" as she picks up the shopping bag full of stuff and gives it to someone else

She's got such a mischievous smile too...Love her!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page