True Blood!!!!!!! - Show & Book Discussion & Comparison - Please use the [spoiler][/spoiler] tags! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 411 Old 09-14-2009, 11:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes, Charlaine Harris was the lady in the striped shirt at the beginning of the bar scene the next day.

I thought it was almost worth it to see Lafayette dressed up as a bridesmaid. And I HOWLED at the tip of the hat to Vermont for allowing human/vampire marriages.

Agreeing with the "interpretation" of the queen. I think they vamped (no pun intended) her up for the show and for the actress. ERW comes across as petulant and loud...two things I never got from the queen in the books. Didn't like that Jason turned at the end because what affects Sookie should also affect him as they are family.

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
There may be a small out there as in the books I recall that Jason never "embraced" his other self at all and the gift Sookie has definitely passed over him. However, I would think that based on physically being part-fairy that he would have not succumbed to Marianne's influence.

Speculation was rife that Eggs wouldn't make it out alive. No real surprises there, but the scene seemed forced to me.

Meh. I didn't think it was a great season ending, especially coming from a man who seemed to specialize in them.

An Official, Approved Signatureâ¢
#362 of 411 Old 09-14-2009, 07:21 PM

boring....

Hated it. Seemed forced and contrived. Blech.....
#363 of 411 Old 09-14-2009, 11:04 PM

Yuck! What a disappointment. Seemed rather insulting to the audience, IMO.

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

#364 of 411 Old 09-14-2009, 11:42 PM

It's really too bad that the episodes seem to be getting worse and worse lately. I haven't read the books so I don't need to worry about that part, but man the latest ones have been real disppointments!
Thankfully that Mary-Ann character is gone though. I think I would have stopped watching if they hadn't knocked her off for good.
#365 of 411 Old 09-15-2009, 12:53 AM

i think the last few have been lame b/c eric hasn't been in them very much - seriously! last night was lame, who cares, whatever!
#366 of 411 Old 09-15-2009, 03:41 AM

Like so many of the other True Blood viewers, I was extremely disappointed with the season finale. I loved the books; I don't think I've ever been so drawn into a series before!
I have so many questions, and the finale didn't answer any of them.
One question for other's who have read the books:
If Mary Anne can’t possess Sookie due to her Fairy blood, then why was Jason turned into one of her minions? Was this a mistake on the writing staff behalf or is Sookie's new "powers" supposed to be derived from something else all together? I like to think that HBO screwed up. Maybe I'm putting too much thought into it.
I'm going out of my mind trying to decide where the 3rd season is going to go, and when Alcide is going to be introduced!!!

#367 of 411 Old 09-15-2009, 11:51 AM

Awesome...thanks!

#368 of 411 Old 09-15-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorseMama View Post
Speculation was rife that Eggs wouldn't make it out alive. No real surprises there, but the scene seemed forced to me.
Seriously! I rolled my eyes at that one. And Tara? I just don't think she is a good actor for this roll, seems so fake and forced.

Why have Andy cover up for Jason? The whole town is wacked and trying to recover, Jason sees Eggs threatening Andy and shots him. Why try to hide that?

Granted Eggs wasn't really trying to kill Andy but he was completely irrational and I could see that exchange ending badly

I did laugh at the interaction between the police cheif and Andy ".....but at least you are wearing pants" as part of the reason he (Andy) deserves his badge back.

Mom to DS, born fall 05 after ,,, wife/best friend to DH We have
#369 of 411 Old 09-15-2009, 01:14 PM

To do spoiler tags just type [ spoiler ]Your super secret text[ /spoiler ]

Remove the spaces in the [] though. I had to add them so you could see the code.

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#370 of 411 Old 09-15-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetruething View Post
To do spoiler tags just type [ spoiler ]Your super secret text[ /spoiler ]

Remove the spaces in the [] though. I had to add them so you could see the code.
Hey, I did it! Thanks!

#371 of 411 Old 09-15-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetruething View Post
In the books, Harris throws in another one of her 'oh by the way' lines (and really - just the ONE line) and said that Jason did not inherit any fairy at all. Sookie took after their grandfather (fairy) and Jason after their grandmother (human).
Well sort of....

Jason has fairy but very little. It is why he is so attractive to women but that's it. Also Harris doesn't say this about fairies but she does say that other supes only the first born get the ability

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#372 of 411 Old 09-15-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorseMama View Post
Yes, Charlaine Harris was the lady in the striped shirt at the beginning of the bar scene the next day.
Totally missed that! I will have to rewatch.

I LOVED the line "God bless whoever invented those jeans" or whatever she said about Sam's jeans. I shouted AMEN! and got a look from my husband.

Quote:
And I HOWLED at the tip of the hat to Vermont for allowing human/vampire marriages.
That was so great.
Quote:
Agreeing with the "interpretation" of the queen. I think they vamped (no pun intended) her up for the show and for the actress. ERW comes across as petulant and loud...two things I never got from the queen in the books.
Yes. Like I said I cannot stand the actress and she just really brought the Queen down. I actually liked her and was interested in her in the books.
Quote:
Didn't like that Jason turned at the end because what affects Sookie should also affect him as they are family.
See my previous post. It does actually make sense.
Quote:
It really did.

The whole episode moved so fast and was super anti climatic. They really left us hanging with Eric. And the way the portray Sam bothers me. He is a supe and therefore not a weakling. He also could have at least healed himself partially with that wound as supes heal faster than your regular human.

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#373 of 411 Old 09-15-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magstphil View Post
Well sort of....

Jason has fairy but very little. It is why he is so attractive to women but that's it. Also Harris doesn't say this about fairies but she does say that other supes only the first born get the ability
I thought Jason was older than Sookie?
#374 of 411 Old 09-15-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse View Post
I thought Jason was older than Sookie?
No clue. But as I said she said it related to one kind but doesn't mention it with the other so who knows. Just something I thought of.

#375 of 411 Old 09-15-2009, 10:12 PM

Yes he is older according to wiki so there goes that theory! Guess it does't apply to... them. But it still makes sense why he wasn't affected.

#376 of 411 Old 09-15-2009, 10:27 PM

So, who was the one with the silver chain and black gloves who met up with Bill in the French restaurant? Certainly not Eric (Eric, IMO, shouldn't be written so cowardly) Lorena?

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

#377 of 411 Old 09-16-2009, 02:18 AM

My guess is Lorena. She's certainly got an axe to grind, and she walked away in Houston.

And it would definitely follow, more or less, the storyline for the next book. That makes me think they are going with the weres next season. And the strong discouragement of Sam's foster family makes me wonder about that as well. He's obviously NOT a were, but the comments his foster mom made had me thinking of the other little town with all the panther-folk....my tired little mind isn't coming up with the name right now.

#378 of 411 Old 09-16-2009, 02:26 AM

I'm thinking it was Lorena, too, or one of her agents.

Also, is it me, or did Bill get really creepy looking this season?
#379 of 411 Old 09-16-2009, 09:01 AM

DarkHorseMama:

Hotshot is the name of the town.

The "Sam's foster parents" thing pisses me off, because in the books his mother is also a shifter, and it comes into play in Book 9, after they "come out". Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

#380 of 411 Old 09-16-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
I'm thinking it was Lorena, too, or one of her agents.
Coould another vamp handle the silver chain? Would they need to? I thought the older vampires were stronger than the younger ones? If so, couldn't Eric or Lorena have physically over powered Bill?

Quote:
Also, is it me, or did Bill get really creepy looking this season?
Its not just you. He became less and less appealing to me as the season wore on. But maybe that is because Eric was becoming more big and blonde and delicious....

I did like the
big diamond ring

#381 of 411 Old 09-16-2009, 06:16 PM

I agree with Mags about Jason.
Jason has a bit of fairy but it manifests in him being attractive while Sookie gets the telepathic powers and the most important parts of it

I think the show is trying too hard to make Bill look like the perfect boyfriend.

Mama to a 3.5 yo dd
#382 of 411 Old 09-16-2009, 09:52 PM

Bill WAS getting uber-creepy looking. I think it might be his hair. I just doesn't look "right." It looks very styled.

I don't know why I even care. I love Sam the best and hope in the books, Sookie ends up with him.

God only knows who Alan Ball with have her end up with?!?!
#383 of 411 Old 09-17-2009, 08:19 PM

I loved the I'd wear him like a scrunchie line about Sam

So, to keep me from being disappointed in what I thought was really cruddy writing, awful pacing and just an all-around disappointment of a season finale:

What are some other great lines that stand out from the season? One of my very faves was Steve Newlin to Sookie in the church: The war has begun, you evil whore of Satan!

And I loved Bill to Lorena describing their past: But it was NIHILISM!

#384 of 411 Old 09-17-2009, 08:49 PM

About Sookie and her telepathic powers...
in the books, Charlaine Harris says that the telepathy is not a fairy thing, that her telepathy is "all Sookie".

As for Jason being affected, since the whole thing with Maryanne is ad libbed in the show, I have no idea why he was affected. OOH! Maybe they're only half siblings and don't know it!!

I'm reading them right now, so it's fresh in my mind

Misti, mom to DS (12), DS (9), DD (3), and Mr. Man (October '10)!

#385 of 411 Old 09-17-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia View Post
I loved the I'd wear him like a scrunchie line about Sam
This was my favorite line!! It got a real giggle out of me, I even used it as my tag line on Facebook the next day.
#386 of 411 Old 09-17-2009, 11:52 PM

i think eric calling the kids Tea Cup Humans the best line all season :-)
#387 of 411 Old 09-18-2009, 01:35 PM

What I mentioned in a previous post, when Andy asks the police cheif why he is getting his badge back, the cheif, after seeing the sorry state of affairs around him, says something, something "and your the only one wearing pants."

I liked "teacup humans" too.

#388 of 411 Old 09-18-2009, 03:00 PM

I thought the whole exchange between Sam, Andy, Jason, and the mob when Jason was posing as "the god who comes" was freaking hysterical - "Just smite me!" "No, god has horns!"

Also when Jason told Newlin that he was pretty sure he'd found heaven inside Newlin's wife
#389 of 411 Old 09-18-2009, 06:04 PM

Oh, yeah, those are all great

My favorite line has to be when Eric and Sookie trying to escape the Fellowship hall and Eric leans in and whispers, "Trust me."

Yum.

#390 of 411 Old 09-22-2009, 04:28 PM

Man, I guess I'm the only one that didn't hate the finale.

Don't get me wrong! I think ERW sucks, I think her Sophie sucks. She's not old, but she looks too old to be the queen, who looked 15 according to Sookie. And, yeah, her personality is totally different.

And the scene in the restaurant w/ Sookie & Bill? Ugh.

BUT, I think they're setting up S3 quite nicely. It will be similar to book 3 in major ways, I can tell.

Most casual TB fans I've talked to think that Eric took Bill. I say no way. Major red herring. I think it was Lorena for sure.

--"Mama Bear" : to DD 8/06
Tree-hugging :, queer-loving , liberal, feminist hippie mom! :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page