True Blood!!!!!!! - Show & Book Discussion & Comparison - Please use the [spoiler][/spoiler] tags! - Page 14 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#391 of 411 Old 09-22-2009, 04:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Loved the teacup human line from Eric, but then I love him so how could he have a bad line ever. :

I also loved the line from the finale when Maryanne says to Sookie "What are you?" and Sookie says "I'm a waitress, what the F*&% are you?!"
Loved it
#392 of 411 Old 09-22-2009, 11:01 PM

Yes, it's hard to find a bad Eric line, no doubt. Ah, Eric. How we will miss you for the next 10? months.

There were quite a few "what are you" lines this season. I loved them all! Lorena to Barry, Maryann to Sookie....and my mind is blanking.

I also loved Steve Newlin's offhanded comment re: Sookie while they were about to stake Eric, "Honestly, what DO they see in you?" Another great line was when Lorena was comparing life with Sookie to an alarm clock: Blah blah blah and ten minutes later, blah blah. While I don't like Lorena, I thought this was apt

Quote:
Major red herring. I think it was Lorena for sure.
I think it could also be the Fellowship being brought back into the story. How I love the Newlins. "I hate your hair" Remember that line when they were on TV? Priceless. Goodness, I've just realized how much dialogue I can remember. Time for a new hobby, I'm afraid

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

#393 of 411 Old 09-23-2009, 01:44 AM

from season one..

Pam "there's vampire in your cleavage. here, let me get that for you"

Jason to Lafayette, "You are wearing gold pants!"

Season Two:

Jason, "It's like if a tree falls in the woods it's still a tree, ain't it?"

Mama to a 3.5 yo dd
#394 of 411 Old 09-23-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambunctiouscurls View Post
from season one..

Pam "there's vampire in your cleavage. here, let me get that for you"

Jason to Lafayette, "You are wearing gold pants!"

Season Two:

Jason, "It's like if a tree falls in the woods it's still a tree, ain't it?"
All soooo good!

It cracks me up the way Jason is protrayed as such a dumb hick.

Mom to DS, born fall 05 after ,,, wife/best friend to DH We have
#395 of 411 Old 09-25-2009, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by konamama View Post
i think eric calling the kids Tea Cup Humans the best line all season :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyH View Post
...I also loved the line from the finale when Maryanne says to Sookie "What are you?" and Sookie says "I'm a waitress, what the F*&% are you?!"
Loved it
These were my favorites too! The teacup humans, though, that really made me laugh!

"Hey, mama!" to the fried dough lovin', monkey-boy.joy.gifI'm back and ready to chat!

#396 of 411 Old 10-25-2009, 06:23 PM

Trublood the soda, dare I ask what that will be made of? LOL. Just when I put a household ban on red fruit punch too.

DD is a big fan of Godric.
And I am a fan of Eric. Only I want his long hair back. The hair cut they gave him is just awful. Please please grow it back! And never put him in a track suit again.
#397 of 411 Old 10-25-2009, 07:24 PM

It's supposed to be blood oranges, but I don't see any actually in there. From the HBO store:

Ingredients:
Carbonated Water, Cane Sugar, Citric Acid, Natural Flavors, Potassium Citrate, Carmine Coloring, Potassium Sorbate, Sucralose, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Benzoate, Caffeine, Niacin (Vitamin B3), Caramel Coloring, Red 40, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin B6, Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12), Folic Acid, Gum Accacia, Ester Gum

These are cute.
Drink Menu:
The Fangbanger - Tru Blood, Vodka
Death on the Beach - Tru Blood, Peach Schnapps, Pineapple Juice, Vodka
Plasmapolitan - Tru Blood, Citron, Cointreau, Fresh Lime Juice

An Official, Approved Signatureâ¢
#398 of 411 Old 10-25-2009, 07:25 PM

PS: For the Dexter show fans, Dexter can be seen squeezing blood oranges in the opening credits/theme.

An Official, Approved Signatureâ¢
#399 of 411 Old 11-09-2009, 06:51 PM

Quick question for ya'll. I haven't read any of this thread...yet...because I don't want any spoilers. I just started reading the series. I'm on book 3. I'd like to rent the True Blood dvds. I haven't seen any episodes yet. I'm big on not getting any spoilers for the books, so should I read the entire series before watching the tv series? Or can I watch the first two seasons without spoiling anything in the first 4-5 books or so?

TIA!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#400 of 411 Old 11-09-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by konamama View Post
i think eric calling the kids Tea Cup Humans the best line all season :-)
Yes that had me holding my sides laughing.
#401 of 411 Old 11-09-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchgrrl View Post
Quick question for ya'll. I haven't read any of this thread...yet...because I don't want any spoilers. I just started reading the series. I'm on book 3. I'd like to rent the True Blood dvds. I haven't seen any episodes yet. I'm big on not getting any spoilers for the books, so should I read the entire series before watching the tv series? Or can I watch the first two seasons without spoiling anything in the first 4-5 books or so?

TIA!
Each season loosely (very loosely) follows the corresponding book. As in, season 1 of True Blood is based on Dead Until Dark, etc. I have read all the books and seen both seasons of True Blood and I am pretty sure that the show does not give away anything major from the books beyond the first two. There may be a few very slight hints but nothing so overt that it would be spoilery, IMO. I think if you've already read the first 2 books, you're good to go. Although, now that I'm thinking about it, the season finale of season 2
may merge into book 3 slightly. Hmm. Maybe make sure that you've read the 3rd book before you finish up season 2.
It's been a little while since I've read the first few books, so anyone else have an opinion?
#402 of 411 Old 11-10-2009, 02:19 PM

Thanks! That helps a lot. I'm on the 4th book now, so it's probably fine. Off to go rent them...

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#403 of 411 Old 11-10-2009, 05:52 PM

Okay so I finally saw the entire season 1 and must admit I do like True Blood.....
Does anyone know if season 2 is available on DVDs yet?
#404 of 411 Old 01-10-2010, 07:33 PM

I've just gotten into both the books and the series and love them both! I'm on episode 9 I think of season 1 and listening to (audiobook) of Definitely Dead. I am in Canada and don't have cable so I am waiting for season 2 to come out on dvd. Amazon says it's not out yet. Does anyone know when it will be?

I'm going to go back and read the whole thread now!

Oh yeah, and I am in love with Eric!

Allison, mom to ds born May 2002
#405 of 411 Old 01-16-2010, 07:56 PM

I've got season 2 in my netflix queue, and so far the release date isn't known. Waiting...

New signature, same old me: Ann- mama of 2 boys and 2 girls, partnered to a fabulous man.
I'm an unintentional weasel feeder and I suck at proofreading.
#406 of 411 Old 01-16-2010, 10:35 PM

The third season will start in June!

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#407 of 411 Old 01-17-2010, 12:13 AM

Oh, thank you for the happy update! Looks like I will need to start budgeting for HBO again starting this summer. I wonder how many subscribers they lost when it went off the air?

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

#408 of 411 Old 01-17-2010, 03:07 AM

Alan Ball just likes to take his time when filming from what I've heard. And longer breaks between season is actually become more and more common.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#409 of 411 Old 03-25-2010, 02:29 PM

Yay June 13th, and a little glimpse of Mr. Northman here.

#410 of 411 Old 03-25-2010, 03:46 PM

We just started season 1 last night and I'm really liking it! Dh wasn't too excited about watching it, but he enjoyed it too. I'm also reading the books right now.

I have to know, does Bubba make an appearance on the show?
#411 of 411 Old 03-25-2010, 07:30 PM

Oh, I don't know about Bubba--I'm intentionally not reading the books until the series is complete. Bubba isn't ringing a bell, and I've seen all the episodes so far.

OT: Attention Pam-fans! The actress who plays Pam appeared on this week's episode of Justified (I highly recommend checking it out on the FX channel) if anyone is interested in seeing her as a non-vampire. She's really good

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page