True Blood!!!!!!! - Show & Book Discussion & Comparison - Please use the [spoiler][/spoiler] tags! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 411 Old 07-01-2009, 11:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm definitely starting to see the Eric appeal. I wish I weren't so easy.

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

#122 of 411 Old 07-02-2009, 01:56 PM

Pssshhh. You're not easy. You're just picking up on the subtle clues that Eric is better.

--"Mama Bear" : to DD 8/06
Tree-hugging :, queer-loving , liberal, feminist hippie mom! :
#123 of 411 Old 07-02-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBluebird View Post
Pssshhh. You're not easy. You're just picking up on the subtle clues that Eric is better.
You know, I am ready to come over to team Eric. I can't quite describe why, he just seems cooler than Bill.

Mom to DS, born fall 05 after ,,, wife/best friend to DH We have
#124 of 411 Old 07-02-2009, 06:15 PM

One more for team Eric. Bill can be be sooooo serious. Man, just laugh, or smile, or say something sarcastic once in a while - ok?

"Hey, mama!" to the fried dough lovin', monkey-boy.joy.gifI'm back and ready to chat!

#125 of 411 Old 07-02-2009, 06:26 PM

I like that Eric doesn't pretend to be anything other than the Vampire Sheriff he is. He takes his job of protecting his kind very seriously and doesn't apologize for being a vampire. Eric also doesn't flinch when Sookie gets feisty. In fact he seems amused. lol Bill? He gets rude, yells and treats her like a child.

I think Bill's so serious because he's trying so darn hard to be human. It's like he still hasn't let go of that life. He also pretended in the books (trying to be vague for those who have not read them).

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#126 of 411 Old 07-02-2009, 10:40 PM

i liked Bill best in the early episodes, like when he gave the presentation to the history club. where he gets to be an old fashioned gentleman, behave as he did when alive pre-war--i confess i found that charming. or, more recently, when he told Jessica she was dressed like a "slattern". i giggled. mostly, Bill's behavior gets annoying to me.

but Eric...he makes me blush. whole different thing. i look forward to seeing how his relationship with Sookie takes shape. (i have not read the books.)

mama to one amazing daughter born 1/2004
#127 of 411 Old 07-05-2009, 12:49 PM

Oh, help me, I am completely on Team Eric now that I've finished Season One. He is sublime.

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

#128 of 411 Old 07-06-2009, 10:36 PM

You'll really like him in the books. Without giving away details, I get the distinct impression that Charlaine Harris became disillusioned with Bill during the storytelling process and contrived a number of ways to make him much less sympathetic to the reader than Eric. Deffo get the books.....you'll really enjoy them.

An Official, Approved Signatureâ¢
#129 of 411 Old 07-07-2009, 02:47 AM

I just finished the last book and I still love Bill. Eric is hotter than hot but I still really like Bill.
#130 of 411 Old 07-07-2009, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candipooh View Post
I just finished the last book and I still love Bill. Eric is hotter than hot but I still really like Bill.
Woo hoo!! I'm not alone! :

Seriously Eric in the books is a UAV to me. I still think it is so odd people like him. If he did half the things he did to Sookie to me oh heck no! Even the "horribly awful" revelation about Bill was small beans to me in comparison to Eric overall.

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#131 of 411 Old 07-07-2009, 10:27 PM

Maggie, will you please PM me to fill me in on the horrible revelation????? You're killing me

It's not that I don't like Bill. I find him to be very devoted to Sookie, but dang, HBO-Eric is just sex on a stick. So perhaps lust is clouding my better judgement here.

:

#132 of 411 Old 07-08-2009, 10:23 AM

Okay, maybe I haven't been watching long enough (I *just* got HBO, actually for the sole purpose of watching True Blood but Eric reminds me of a skinny Bill Pullman. It irritates me. Maybe if I can catch some season 1 episodes I'd change my mind, but I don't know.

Bubba (9) bikenew.gifLukey (5) jog.gif  Fat Baby (2) babyf.gif  Me faint.gif

#133 of 411 Old 07-08-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeMommy View Post
Okay, maybe I haven't been watching long enough (I *just* got HBO, actually for the sole purpose of watching True Blood but Eric reminds me of a skinny Bill Pullman. It irritates me. Maybe if I can catch some season 1 episodes I'd change my mind, but I don't know.
Eric does? I think you mean Bill? Eric is the former viking blond big slab of meat. Not exactly screaming Bill Pullman to me

Georgia~ PMing you now. You know Eric's look on HBO is ok but I think where I differ is I am just a darker hair/eyed lean kind of girl. I say lean because I can't find another word for it. I'm just not into the really muscular hunky type is what I mean. Sam is the hotty of the hotties on TB to me.

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#134 of 411 Old 07-08-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magstphil View Post
Woo hoo!! I'm not alone! :

Seriously Eric in the books is a UAV to me. I still think it is so odd people like him. If he did half the things he did to Sookie to me oh heck no! Even the "horribly awful" revelation about Bill was small beans to me in comparison to Eric overall.

and *I* thought I was alone. : Have you read all of the books?

I can admit that Eric does have a hotness about him and it might be fun to 'sow some wild oats' with him but man I can't help just loving Bill.
#135 of 411 Old 07-08-2009, 08:14 PM

I am nearing the end of book 7 now.

#136 of 411 Old 07-09-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
I am nearing the end of book 7 now.
I look forward to see if you change your mind after reading the last 2. I don't want to give away anything though. Just check back with me
#137 of 411 Old 07-09-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Eric does? I think you mean Bill? Eric is the former viking blond big slab of meat. Not exactly screaming Bill Pullman to me
No, Eric! I've read the entire series, I know who I'm talking about Something about the shape of his face and jaw. And I said a *skinny* (and blonde, better throw that in there) Bill Pullman!

So does anyone know where I can catch up on season 1?

Bubba (9) bikenew.gifLukey (5) jog.gif  Fat Baby (2) babyf.gif  Me faint.gif

#138 of 411 Old 07-09-2009, 03:26 PM

Netflixs offers Season One; I think it's even avaiable on Instant watch.
#139 of 411 Old 07-09-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeMommy View Post
I *just* got HBO, actually for the sole purpose of watching True Blood
Me too! Well I got it a few months ago but it was just for True Blood. I got to watch all the first season in reruns.

Quote:
Sam is the hotty of the hotties on TB to me.
Me too again! I love Sam much better than Bill or Eric. I also perferred Jacob over Edward in Twilight. Maybe I'm just not as into vampires as I thought I was!

I just read the first book, and I'm on a waiting list for the second at the library. I'm getting to impatient though and may just have to go ahead and buy them all.
#140 of 411 Old 07-10-2009, 12:11 AM

I also preferred Jacob but then again I 1) didn't like the Twilight series much and 2) was very creeped out by Edward *shivers*

#141 of 411 Old 07-12-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia View Post
Maggie, will you please PM me to fill me in on the horrible revelation????? You're killing me

It's not that I don't like Bill. I find him to be very devoted to Sookie, but dang, HBO-Eric is just sex on a stick. So perhaps lust is clouding my better judgement here.

:
Holy crap someone please pm me the horrible revelation about bill!!!

Blessed with two BEAUTIFUL little girls: Kylie (09/06) and Maggie (4/09) :
#142 of 411 Old 07-13-2009, 01:05 PM

I am team Bill too. He is the only one who really loves Sookie. The "big revelation" didn't change that.

Eric wants her and is completely hot but, he doesn't love her. Despite everything, I think Bill is the only one who truely loves her - no matter what has happened.
#143 of 411 Old 07-13-2009, 03:35 PM

Alrighty who gave me this?
<------------------

#144 of 411 Old 07-13-2009, 09:10 PM

:

#145 of 411 Old 07-13-2009, 09:44 PM

I'm almost halfway through season 1 (thank you, Netflix!) and I was thinking as I started the last episode, "Gee, it's nice that they keep it scary and tense with the murders, but they don't kill the main characters that I like. I can handle that." Then...Sookie comes home and slips in blood on the kitchen floor and it's Gran. Aaagh! I don't know if my heart can take this!
#146 of 411 Old 07-13-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia View Post
:
I knew it! Thanks so much :

#147 of 411 Old 07-13-2009, 11:46 PM

Oh my gosh! Amy says she's from Storrs, CT. Why do I have the feeling that I'm one of not many viewers who actually knows where that is? I went to college there and ended up living in the area for 7 years. DS just finished going to speech therapy up there. It's a pretty tiny town to be called out on a show that takes place in Louisiana. How funny.

And did anyone else notice that Terry is played by the actor who played Zack, Lane's husband, from Gilmore Girls?
#148 of 411 Old 07-14-2009, 02:33 AM

Quote:
I knew it! Thanks so much :
Congratulations on your dddc Its suits you well.

I'm so in love with this show. I have'nt seen tonight's episode yet but will soon. I'm reading the novel too. It gives it a different spin, which I love. When you're craving for more, the book satisfies that craving.
#149 of 411 Old 07-15-2009, 01:57 AM

I finally had a chance to watch episode 4. I could really do without the sex sceans. Otherwise it was a good show.

I was wondering about Maryann. Is she a lust goddess? I get that she is a Meanad. I suspect she was the one who attacked and killed the voodoo lady and attempted to kill Sookie. Why does she want Tara so bad? Did she do that to Daphanie? I saw the scars on her back. How did Daphanie survive a Meanad attack? Is she some kind of supernatural being too?

One more thing, could someone please tell me what Laffayett said to Bill (episode 3) when Bill and Sookie droped him off at his Laffayett's place after being rescued :
[in the car]
"I would appriciate it if you tell your friends ????????"

Bill: "That would be wise"

I don't have CC and I played it several times and still can't understand what it was he said.

I have a hearing impairment so if anyone caught what he said, please tell me.
#150 of 411 Old 07-15-2009, 09:37 AM

The maenad's role is somewhat different in the book. Her presence isn't as well explained in the tv version. I told DH that I had been suspecting that the whole "orgy" scene....sex, violence, food/alcohol gorging, etc are the impetus that provides Maryann with the energy to enact her physical changes (the maenad doesn't change forms like that in the book). That particular being thrives on the Bacchanalia gorging lifestyle (they were followers of Bacchus), so she feeds her powers through that energy. Not sure about the whole uber-dialated eyes thing they show on the humans at these orgies, other than it being a symbolic marker for those who get carried off in the frenzied lusts.

Daphne is not in the books, so her ultimate role in the tv series has yet to be revealed.

I don't recall the specific words Lafayette used, but the gist was "I don't know nuthin', I didn't see nuthin'." He's telling Bill to pass along that he doesn't plan on talking to anyone about what happened to him.

An Official, Approved Signatureâ¢

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page