True Blood!!!!!!! - Show & Book Discussion & Comparison - Please use the [spoiler][/spoiler] tags! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 411 Old 05-22-2009, 10:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought I will start a True Blood thread!!! I can't wait for June!
Are you guys watching first season on demand?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 411 Old 05-22-2009, 10:29 PM

I CANNOT wait. I watched the first season in a marathon round one day during bed rest....I became obsessed! I actually felt lost after it was over lol.

Blessed with two BEAUTIFUL little girls: Kylie (09/06) and Maggie (4/09) :
#3 of 411 Old 05-22-2009, 11:39 PM

I just watched the first DVD. Yahoo for netflix!!! I loved it. I thought they did a really good job. I can't wait for disk 2!!!!

I don't have HBO so this is the first time I have seen it.
#4 of 411 Old 05-23-2009, 11:03 AM

this is one of the series my husband and I watch together Unfortunately, I couldn't wait until season 2 and I read all the books to see what would happen. Now I'm afraid I won't like the show as well because I'm familiar with characters and what's going to happen to them We just got the box set from the library so I plan to refresh myself before season 2.

Mama to Ahnna-Bella (Dec 05) dust.gif, Harrison (Oct 08) kid.gif, and Kellan Wilder (Jan '12) baby.gif

#5 of 411 Old 05-23-2009, 11:27 AM

I love the series! I had read all the books and was excited about the show. Now I want go back and reread because I've forgotten some of the early stuff.
#6 of 411 Old 05-23-2009, 11:44 AM

I literally JUST started watching this On Demand the other night and I'm totally hooked. I'm on episode 6 already - and another marathon tonight I'm sure!

So the 2nd season starts in June? I know Entourage starts then too...or July? Something like that.

*Meghan* - Mom to Sam (5/14/08) and Joseph Scott born 9/10/09! and wife to amazing hubby Mike : ! WE LOVE OUR : FAMILY!
#7 of 411 Old 05-23-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeliphish View Post
I CANNOT wait. I watched the first season in a marathon round one day during bed rest....I became obsessed! I actually felt lost after it was over lol.
I felt the same way- read the books!! What I love is TB is so good and the books are so good but they are different so you have like 2 different rocking things now!

I can't wait either. I watched the trailer and preview scene on HBO the other day.

Did anyone else know Anna Paquin and the guy who plays Bill (Stephen something...) are an item?

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#8 of 411 Old 05-23-2009, 02:51 PM

I've read all the books, but I'm stoked to get into the TV series!
#9 of 411 Old 05-23-2009, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by listipton View Post
this is one of the series my husband and I watch together Unfortunately, I couldn't wait until season 2 and I read all the books to see what would happen. Now I'm afraid I won't like the show as well because I'm familiar with characters and what's going to happen to them We just got the box set from the library so I plan to refresh myself before season 2.
I also read all the books besides the 9th one, what I decided to do is to view the show separately from the books, because there are things that i like about the show that are not in the books and vice versa.
SPOILER ALERT.

The only thing that really bothered me (for those who watched the first season and read the book) is how they didn't stick to the story about killing Long Shadow. It was Eric who killed him not Bill.
I sure hope that the show writers bring more of Eric/Sookie chemistry into the show, I think it's very fascinating and I can't wait to see how they will play it out, since Bill is a big hero in the show now.
#10 of 411 Old 05-23-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magstphil View Post
Did anyone else know Anna Paquin and the guy who plays Bill (Stephen something...) are an item?
how funny!

He really IS that pale...

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2009/02...-moyer-couple/

*Meghan* - Mom to Sam (5/14/08) and Joseph Scott born 9/10/09! and wife to amazing hubby Mike : ! WE LOVE OUR : FAMILY!
#11 of 411 Old 05-23-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
I also read all the books besides the 9th one, what I decided to do is to view the show separately from the books, because there are things that i like about the show that are not in the books and vice versa.
Yup! It's like I get two great things for the price of one or something

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#12 of 411 Old 05-24-2009, 10:34 PM

I just finished the 9th book...I can't wait for the next one!

I watch the entire 1st season over 2-3days online. I twas good, but I don't love it quite as much as the books. I don't quite get Tara, they changed her character sooo much from the books and I don't necessarily understand why, especially when it comes to Sam.

If Bill really existed...he could bite me anyday!

"Tis the gift to be simple, 'tis the gift to be free, 'tis the gift to come down where you ought to be."
#13 of 411 Old 05-24-2009, 11:40 PM

I was so glad when I read the books (not done yet- on 4) that Tara wasn't the same as in the show. I cannot stand her in the show!

#14 of 411 Old 05-25-2009, 01:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsHiss View Post
I love the series! I had read all the books and was excited about the show. Now I want go back and reread because I've forgotten some of the early stuff.
Re-reading the books probably isn't going to help you because the books are nothing like the TV show.

I saw the TV show first and then got the books and the books are so much better.

I hate how the TV show makes major characters out of characters who in the book were non-existent.

I'm going to watch but, I'm afraid the books have spoiled the TV show for me.
#15 of 411 Old 05-26-2009, 08:42 PM

Whoa. I didn't know there were books! :

I hope my library has them....:

Blogging about renovations in our first home
#16 of 411 Old 05-27-2009, 10:35 PM

I just read the newest book today. I really liked it.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds   11yo dd  9yo ds and 7yo ds and 2yo ds  
#17 of 411 Old 05-27-2009, 11:23 PM

Quote:
I cannot stand her in the show!
Me, too! I think she just feels so false. I think it's the accent or something. But it grates on me to the point of annoyance.

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

#18 of 411 Old 05-29-2009, 10:58 AM

Did you see what book Sookie's grandma was reading when we first meet her? Funny stuff.
#19 of 411 Old 05-29-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candipooh View Post
Did you see what book Sookie's grandma was reading when we first meet her? Funny stuff.
What was it? I rewatched the first episode the other day and thought to myself "I wonder what she is reading" but I couldn't tell.

#20 of 411 Old 05-29-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
What was it? I rewatched the first episode the other day and thought to myself "I wonder what she is reading" but I couldn't tell.

It was a Charlaine Harris book for sure. I couldn't see the title but the name Charlaine Harris popped off the cover
#21 of 411 Old 05-29-2009, 08:51 PM

When does it start?

: Robyn : Increasingly crunchy Mama to Kya (8) , Makena (7) , and Keegan (4) :
#22 of 411 Old 05-29-2009, 09:56 PM

the books are not called true blood, for those who didnt know there were books. They are the southern vampire series by charlaine harris, first one is "dead until dark" I believe, ive been hooked on the books fromthe begining!

I didnt like the show at first cuz sookie isnt really how I pictured her etc but I actually LOVE the expansion of tara adn jason. I watch it for the stuff that ISNT in the books, they have whole other storylines going on, though some of the stuff they added in about jason explains why he hates vampires so much in the begining, which the book didnt really.

Im in the minority I see but I love tara! Cant wait for the second season!!

~Me, mama to soapbox boy (1991), photo girl (1997), gadget girl (2003), jungle boy (2005), fan boy (2003) and twirly girl (2011). Twenty years of tree hugging, breastfeeding, cosleeping, unschooling, craziness
#23 of 411 Old 05-29-2009, 10:02 PM

I love Tara, too. And Lafayette (I'm gonna miss him!). I'm crazy about Lafayette. I love Eric in the books; still waiting to love him in the show. I like Sam sometimes. I find Sookie and Bill annoying. But, I really like the show and the books anyway!

You can find me on Facebook. PM for info.
#24 of 411 Old 05-29-2009, 10:41 PM

That's so funny, Anglyn, because I feel like Sookie is the only thing spot on from the book to the show. But yes I agree I watch the show for the things NOT in the books.

I am almost done with Book 4 and I have been casting the characters in my head the whole time. I cannot wait for some of these stories and characters to make it into the series and am worried the series will really veer off and we won't get to meet some of these people (or "people" )

#25 of 411 Old 05-30-2009, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

I love Tara from the show!!! Tara in the books has no personality! She really is the type of character in the books that i would not miss for a second if she was gone, but Tara has presence in True Blood!
Same exact thing goes for Jason!!!
#26 of 411 Old 05-30-2009, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
That's so funny, Anglyn, because I feel like Sookie is the only thing spot on from the book to the show. But yes I agree I watch the show for the things NOT in the books.

I am almost done with Book 4 and I have been casting the characters in my head the whole time. I cannot wait for some of these stories and characters to make it into the series and am worried the series will really veer off and we won't get to meet some of these people (or "people" )
Who do you think should play Alcide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
#27 of 411 Old 05-31-2009, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelovesmax View Post
Who do you think should play Alcide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
That's *exactly* who I have been thinking of! To me right now he is hot!!

Maybe I should be thinking more outside the box but David Boreanaz would rock it, I think! In case you are wondering how I could come to that... Wowza!

#28 of 411 Old 05-31-2009, 12:26 AM

You know Im not sure Jason had a clear apperance in my head in the books, just blond...but now when I read, its jason from true blood that I picture! I love his character!

I dont know, the sookie in the show comes off ruder somehow that the same dialouge in the book. Probally becuase in the book you can understand when she finally snaps at someone becuase there is more lead up to it, but thats the diffrence between books and movies in general. Its all good.

I also love eric in the books. Not so much the show yet. mmmm, who should play quin?

~Me, mama to soapbox boy (1991), photo girl (1997), gadget girl (2003), jungle boy (2005), fan boy (2003) and twirly girl (2011). Twenty years of tree hugging, breastfeeding, cosleeping, unschooling, craziness
#29 of 411 Old 05-31-2009, 12:33 AM

Haven't met Quinn yet.

As I didn't read the books until after seeing the show everyone in the books now looks like everyone in the show (excepting Tara).

Eric bothers me in the books and I don't find him attractive in the show or books- totally not my type. Sam seems uglier in the books : I looooove me some show-Sam though!

#30 of 411 Old 05-31-2009, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Haven't met Quinn yet.

As I didn't read the books until after seeing the show everyone in the books now looks like everyone in the show (excepting Tara).

Eric bothers me in the books and I don't find him attractive in the show or books- totally not my type. Sam seems uglier in the books : I looooove me some show-Sam though!
David Boreanaz as Alcide...hmmm, that would be HOT!!! I doubt though...cause he is now in Bones and he was a vampire for so many years...

Who else is there..

Quinn I imagine should be played by Van Diesel maybe...you'll meet him, he is totally hot, hotter then Alcide. On another hand David B. would be even more appropriate for Quinns part.

I love Eric in the books!!! I didn't think he was cast well...perhaps, they'll spice him up in the show...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page