Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I LOVE the 'House Hippo's'!!

Mama to Thing 1 and Thing 2.
#63 of 66 Old 01-24-2004, 01:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I actually like that Special K commercial, where the slabs of meat drop onto the scale while that swingy, "oink oink moo moo" song plays in the background. I think it promotes vegetarianism as well as weight loss, lol. But what I don't like about it is how it advises you to substitute a bowl of Special K for 2 meals a day for 2 weeks. : Yeah, you'll lose weight if you eat nothing but 2 bowls of cereal and dinner for 2 weeks - I could probably eat 2 bowls of Frosted Flakes every day and get the same results.
#64 of 66 Old 01-24-2004, 09:25 AM

Here's one that I can't stand because it's so stupid:

A woman is in a large home improvement store looking at a display of doorbells. She rings one of them and suddenly every man in the store turns into a crazed Pavlovian dog and they all drop what they're doing and run to the sound of the bell. Turns out, it's because the sound of the door bell has conditioned them all to think that a Dominoe's pizza has just arrived.:
#65 of 66 Old 01-24-2004, 04:51 PM

There's one here that I hate because it promotes unrealistic body weight. The man is calling and looking for his partner who is hiding behind a lamp thinking it's funny. The point of the commercial is that she drinks taillefine water and that's why she can hide behind the lamp.

: madrone - : SAHM to 12 y.o. DS, : 9 y.o. DD, and : 4 y.o. DS
#66 of 66 Old 01-31-2004, 10:29 PM

I usually just tune out TV ads, I rarely even notice the good ones, let alone the offensive ones. But, there is a print ad that really gets my goat...it is for Splenda, the fake sweetener. I can remember the actual copy, but there is a picture of a very wholesome, healthy looking little girl, maybe 4 or 5, who's chowing down on a cupcake or cookie or something equally sweet. The text reads something like "Splenda and spice and everything nice." GROSS! Like we should be giving artificial sweeteners to KIDS????

This really bothered me...

Happy mumma to Mr. S (7) and Ms. D (9) .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page