Who Likes Cake Boss? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 06-13-2009, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone watching? I like the show so far. I love watching how they make cakes, just like Ace of Cakes. The family dynamics are really funny to watch too.

Everytime I watch this show it makes me want cake :

jog.gifkid.gif

#2 of 20 Old 06-13-2009, 06:32 PM

Me! I really like it; it shows how a whole bakery works, the daily dynamics, and plus awesome cakes!

I love Ace of Cakes too - LOVE seeing how creative they can get!

ETA: I LOVE cake as well : .

#3 of 20 Old 06-14-2009, 07:21 PM

I'm watching and really like it! I love the family dynamic, and the whole "New Jersey" thing.

~Manessa mama to one teenageer, one tweenager, and a toddler

#4 of 20 Old 06-14-2009, 09:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I saw one episode and much preferred it to AoC because they are actually making, well, cake. I haven't seen AoC in a while, but the last time I watched, they were using a lot of non-edible materials.
#5 of 20 Old 06-15-2009, 09:55 PM

I enjoy it too.

single mommy to identical twin girls (3/06) Non-traditional mama just : through life.
#6 of 20 Old 06-15-2009, 11:50 PM

Oh my gosh that girl was AWFUL! I couldn't believe how rude she was when she saw the first cake, the nerve she had to ruin it and then demand a new one, and to top it off she can't even say thank you for the new one? My kids were offering up suggestions of what she could have done, it was cute
#7 of 20 Old 06-16-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha_Ann View Post
Oh my gosh that girl was AWFUL! I couldn't believe how rude she was when she saw the first cake, the nerve she had to ruin it and then demand a new one, and to top it off she can't even say thank you for the new one? My kids were offering up suggestions of what she could have done, it was cute
YES! : I couldn't stand her. I loved Carlo's "good luck" wish to her husband-to-be.

I'd love to know what your kids suggested.

- Born 7/21/09
#8 of 20 Old 06-16-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:

You could tell he was Po'd and if the cameras were not there perhaps he would have said something else. I think he did the 2nd cake only as a favor to the bride's mom since she was a good customer of his, if not he should have let her have her *colorful* ugly cake.

But I love the show and the family dynamics of them all working together.
#9 of 20 Old 06-16-2009, 07:45 PM

I thought this was set in NY somewhere?

I really like this show too. As much as I liked Ace of Cakes it started to bug me that they use alot of nonedible things....therefore it's not technically a cake. I love how Carlo says many times ( perhaps in reference to other who don't) that almost the whole thing is edible...he said it alot in the beginning.

Love the family dynamics too. I was so mad at that bride...and honestly her mother should have made her go in and thank him.....if that had been my daughter I would have said....get your butt in there and thank that man or you will have no cake today, understand me! And honestly if she didn't go thank him I would have paid him and told him to donate the cake to a homeless shelter. That girl acted like that her whole life probably and her mother let her get away with it....her behavior was disgusting and it was amazing that he made a new one, I give him major props for that, I was with his workers....send the one she ruined!@

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all
#10 of 20 Old 06-17-2009, 02:44 AM

Quote:
My mouth dropped when I saw that. I also felt so bad when Carlo's delivered the replacement cake and the bride could not be bothered to look at it or thank him. At that point I think she should of wore the cake lol

I love this show so far
#11 of 20 Old 06-17-2009, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBug View Post
I thought this was set in NY somewhere?
The bakery is located in Hoboken, NJ. I saw the show for the first time last night and, as a New Jerseyan, could tell right away where they're from so I loved it. Their family cracks me up because they're just like my best friend's crazy Italian family.

I too could not believe the attitude of that bride! I would've just delivered the cake she messed up!
#12 of 20 Old 06-18-2009, 03:26 PM

Yeah, that bride was truly awful. I wonder if her behavior was better or worse because of the camera? Seriously, what adult would do such a thing? On tv?

Mom to DS, born fall 05 after ,,, wife/best friend to DH We have
#13 of 20 Old 07-04-2009, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caneel View Post
Yeah, that bride was truly awful. I wonder if her behavior was better or worse because of the camera? Seriously, what adult would do such a thing? On tv?
I was shocked by her behavior. She seemed really "off" I couldn't believe that she wouldn't go see the new cake. What a uav : Buddy was really nice about it though That new cake was so beautiful. I can't believe they made all those flowers by hand.

jog.gifkid.gif

#14 of 20 Old 07-04-2009, 04:56 PM

I was so angry for Buddy too...but, had he delivered the messed up one, that would have reflected on his work, yk? I don't think *I* would have taken the high road on that one though.

Have you seen the preview for the one next week? Where the cake falls down the stairs? HOLY CRAP.
#15 of 20 Old 07-04-2009, 07:34 PM

That Bridezilla was something else! OMG, I was crying for Buddy over what she did! And that second cake - wow, it took my breath away with all of the pearls and handmade flowers! GORGEOUS!

I LOL'ed when he said to the groom, "You got your work cut out for you" . I CAN't imagine ANYINE wanting to marry someone like that!

#16 of 20 Old 07-07-2009, 06:53 PM

I couldn't figure out what happened with that. The daughter said she wanted "maybe black" and colorful things. Her mom was like "umm no" and said it would be white..the daughter wanted color. I can see why she was upset about that.

Though..the rest was really bad. I'd have let her have the colorful cake that she finished off. I mean she wanted color, she made it colorful..there you go!
What was the whole thin gboaut "OMG! she ruined my cake!" she wanted color, she put color on it. I don't see what was so difficult.
#17 of 20 Old 07-09-2009, 02:51 PM

I have to say while he seems like a nice guy....I have stopped watching. It's too much like Ace of Cakes....though Buddy makes a point of talking about how everything on HIS cakes are edible....it just seems like it's been done. I also don't watch Ace of Cakes anymore either.....reality TV seems very scripted to me.....and since when does the owner of a bakery deliver the cakes???

#18 of 20 Old 07-09-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBug View Post
.....and since when does the owner of a bakery deliver the cakes???
When they started getting followed by TV cameras!

I do like the show- it has a different feel from Ace of Cakes. I like the family aspect of it. It looks like a much larger bakery with a lot more employees. I was impressed they re-made that cake in an hour and a half! That's some teamwork there.

Kirsten, mama to Monkey since May 2007 and Bean born 11/7/09
#19 of 20 Old 07-10-2009, 01:38 AM

I agree that I like the family atmosphere....and yeah it is because of the cameras that he goes....which makes it not so much reality TV for me.....I hate to say it but my days of reality TV watching may be numbered!

#20 of 20 Old 07-26-2009, 02:30 AM

oh man, not me! It stresses me OUT!!!! I can't stand watching people yell and scream and fight w/ each other. ugh..... but I can see how it would be entertaining to others though! lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page