Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ahh, i see..
#62 of 93 Old 10-09-2009, 12:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
watched back to back episodes tonight.
Not impressed.
Though the Bob Mackie challenge next week peaked my interest...

Proud Catholic transtichel.gif(28) and mama to Vdust.gif (7)

#63 of 93 Old 10-09-2009, 09:10 AM

i fell asleep at 9:45 last night!! oh well.

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

#64 of 93 Old 10-10-2009, 12:47 AM - Thread Starter

I actually enjoyed seeing the wedding gowns transformed! I think Irina really deserved to win, but they wanted to spread the joy around since she had already won some. I'm sure it meant so much to Gordana, I was glad to see her get some credit for once b/c the judges always seem down on her.

I thought Carol Hannah's design was really nice, and should have been up there with the best. Nicholas's was hideous and should have been one of the worst!

Logan's truly was a tragedy, as they said! He is lucky he got to stay! He'd be off if it were me!

Epperson..."Pirate's Wench" "Oktoberfest"
Why would he think it's ok to use the least amount of wedding dress possible, when the whole point of the challenge was to remake the dress? Duh!
#65 of 93 Old 11-06-2009, 09:02 AM

three women going to the finale!!

how cool is that?? i remember when it was just gay men and nothing else!!

i don't think any of them are as talented as juliana or um, um what's her name, the woman who was pregnant and wore black all the time... (too early in the morning), but i do think that an all woman finale will be cool.

gordana's dress looked like a giant ummmmm yoni to me!!

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

#66 of 93 Old 11-06-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by umami_mommy View Post
three women going to the finale!!

how cool is that??
Quote:
i don't think any of them are as talented as juliana or um, um what's her name, the woman who was pregnant and wore black all the time... (too early in the morning), but i do think that an all woman finale will be cool.
Laura Bennet
Quote:

me too!!!

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#67 of 93 Old 11-06-2009, 10:35 AM

this made me LMAO off this morning.

http://projectrungay.blogspot.com/20...-bullshit.html

#68 of 93 Old 11-06-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:

Mom to DS#1 and DS#2 fencing.gif
#69 of 93 Old 11-06-2009, 01:52 PM

Yeah all I could see was a yoni, too! I was thinking, "Wow! Jordana really has some deep reverence for the yoni! It makes her cry."

Yay 3 women in the finale! They picked the right ones this year!!!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#70 of 93 Old 11-06-2009, 04:17 PM

Really? I just spoilered myself b/c I didn't watch last night's episode yet, but realizing it wasn't on OnDemand yet, decided to go online to find out what happened. So Jordana is in the final 3? I so don't think she deserves to be. In fact, even though I've watched every episode of every season up until now, I think I'll just check online from now. This season has gone downhill fast.
ETa: Oops, just realized Giordana (is that the spelling?) was cut, but I see most of the bloggers hate this season too.
#71 of 93 Old 11-06-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyshoppinghabit View Post
Really? I just spoilered myself b/c I didn't watch last night's episode yet, but realizing it wasn't on OnDemand yet, decided to go online to find out what happened. So Jordana is in the final 3? I so don't think she deserves to be. In fact, even though I've watched every episode of every season up until now, I think I'll just check online from now. This season has gone downhill fast.

No, the top 3 are Irina, Carol Hannah and Althea.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#72 of 93 Old 11-06-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
LOL. I said the same thing to my DH last night. I liked the dress, but that's the first thing I thought of when I saw it.
#73 of 93 Old 11-07-2009, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Gordana's dress was beautiful and the rest were train wrecks. I understand why Gordana didn't make the final three, but really, they should have said something about how awful Irena's dress was. That was just...ugly. There was nothing flattering or beautiful about it, or even interesting.
#74 of 93 Old 11-07-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttmom92 View Post
LOL. I said the same thing to my DH last night. I liked the dress, but that's the first thing I thought of when I saw it.
i thought it was beautiful too.

#75 of 93 Old 11-07-2009, 06:56 PM

/
#76 of 93 Old 11-07-2009, 10:06 PM

What gives? Gordanna's dress was the only one that aced the challenge and she gets sent home I certainly didn't see the Huge zipper they were talking about.Her dress had variations in color like the painting and even the texture from the painting. Althea's was still all wrinkly and puckery.Irina's was ugly and she didn't accesorize right and Carol Hannah's was just pretty but I didn't see the inspiration.Christopher should have been let go sooner.
I think they already had decided before the dresses were shown since they had such lame critiques.

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

#77 of 93 Old 11-08-2009, 10:54 AM

here's what tom and lorenzo had to say about the judging this week:

http://projectrungay.blogspot.com/20...ersehen-1.html

"So when this beautiful dress came out and blew all the other dresses out of the water, and then when all the judges admitted that it was a beautiful dress and the only one that truly looked inspired by the inspiration, we thought, "Were we wrong? Is Gordana in the final three?" Because even jaded, cynical long-time PR commenters like us couldn't figure out how she could be auf'd if the judges loved her dress.
We STILL can't figure it out. And while we don't want to take any of the deserved blame away from the judges - especially Nina with her "I don't know who she is" crap. NEWSFLASH, CHICA: YOU DON'T KNOW WHO SHE IS BECAUSE YOU WERE FLYING ALL OVER THE WORLD WHEN YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN SITTING IN THAT JUDGES SEAT - the fact of the matter is, this has producer manipulation written all over it."

#78 of 93 Old 11-08-2009, 11:01 AM

here is an interview with her on rungay::

http://projectrungay.blogspot.com/20...s-gordana.html

she has a wonderful spirit and it comes shinning through. she and i are the same age, and so i id with her a little bit.

#79 of 93 Old 11-08-2009, 02:27 PM

Oh, yeah, it was pretty plain that when Gordana came out with something so much plainly better than Althea they decided to make it a "judge upon the body of their work" thing. The problem with that being that the body of Althea's work hasn't been so hot either ... but, that just goes to show the slim pickings of this season overall I guess.

I kind of feel like Gordana might be one of those people who is a good designer who just doesn't work well on the spur of the moment ... I'm kind of sorry she won't be showing what she might do if she really had time to sit down and mull and second guess and so on.
#80 of 93 Old 11-08-2009, 03:47 PM

http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/show...episode-twleve

here's Chris March's blog post on the subject too. I really think Gordana was robbed.

the other reason they 'didn't know who she was as a designer" was because none of the challenges showed who ANY of them were!! each one was just a variation of "make a pretty dress"....

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#81 of 93 Old 11-09-2009, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquesce View Post
Oh, yeah, it was pretty plain that when Gordana came out with something so much plainly better than Althea they decided to make it a "judge upon the body of their work" thing. The problem with that being that the body of Althea's work hasn't been so hot either ... but, that just goes to show the slim pickings of this season overall I guess.

I kind of feel like Gordana might be one of those people who is a good designer who just doesn't work well on the spur of the moment ... I'm kind of sorry she won't be showing what she might do if she really had time to sit down and mull and second guess and so on.
I agree about the body of work thing. Based on this one challenge, Gordana's was better, but personally I do think Althea's designs overall have been much better. Gordana has had some really drab stuff! Even if her dress was better in this instance, I'd still rather see Althea in the finals, I'm much more excited to see what she comes up with than Gordana. The jugdes should have made a statement that that's what they were doing, though!

And yes, I do think maybe Gordana would do better having more time, coming up with her own stuff, and not just doing crazy challenges with barely any time or sleep. I think they should have done the 4 designers make collections thing, and decide before Bryant Park which 3 get to go.

I do feel bad for Gordana, she seems like a very sweet person who's come so far. I hope she sees all the online love!

I am always sad when it gets to this point- I hate for the show to end! We waited so long for this season!
#82 of 93 Old 11-11-2009, 04:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Hilarious! I really need to check that blog more often....

Now that Gordana's dress has been mentioned as yoni-like, it's all I can see while looking at it. Last week, I just thought, yeah that's pretty but a tad boring....

I'm looking forward to this week's show. Tim visiting the designers is always one of my favorites. Maybe because it's extra Tim. I miss when he had a podcast.

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#83 of 93 Old 11-22-2009, 11:47 AM

okay, this season was a yawn. the show needs more witty and catty gay men and michael and nina to be there for every show.

another season like this one and they should cancel it.

#84 of 93 Old 11-22-2009, 12:06 PM

No talk about the finale??? Where is everyone????

I'm so irritated that Irina won. I really wish the judges would quit making comments about how much they don't like all black collections. Seriously? They picked Irina and Christian - both had all black collections. Clearly, all black is just fine so quit talking about it.

I have to say I LOVED Carol Hannah's collection. It was so pretty and feminine. I would have worn anything and everything she made. I loved it.

I didn't like either Althea's or Irina's. Neither were my taste but, of the two Althea's was more wearable, more relatable. And showed more creativity.

Irina's was just the same piece tweeked here and there over and over again. I hated it. Plus, she's so wretched. I'm sad she was rewarded after being so horrible to people all season long.
#85 of 93 Old 11-22-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcal View Post
Irina's was just the same piece tweeked here and there over and over again. I hated it. Plus, she's so wretched. I'm sad she was rewarded after being so horrible to people all season long.

right, cause christian was so sweet. he was an arrogant, cocky SOB to everyone!

i loved that irina's dad was crying though.

#86 of 93 Old 11-22-2009, 01:20 PM

I wasn't saying Christian was sweet. I only brought up Christian because for both of them, the judges went on and on about the lack of color and how all black doesn't show well etc... and then they choose them to win - with all black collections. I don't get it. And if all black collections are fine - which they clearly are since they've picked 2 all black collections to win - then I wish they'd just stop talking about it.
#87 of 93 Old 11-22-2009, 01:43 PM

This season was not as creative or flamboyant as in seasons past, and it lost its momentum from all the legal chaos. But I have to say, I think all three designers this year showed very strong, entirely wearable collections. Probably the most wearable across the board than any other season. Of course this may be because all of the designers were women :yay!: I think Irina deserved to win, and the criticism she got that it wasn't new or too black was ridiculous. Nothing is new in fashion and black is what always sells. In some ways, I was happy to see a more "boring" season that didn't have endless drama. I don't care how boring the subtext is - I just like to watch them creating.
#88 of 93 Old 11-24-2009, 02:30 PM

I also LOVED Carol Hannah's collection. And I'm pissed that Irina won. Boring season, all around.

#89 of 93 Old 11-24-2009, 06:53 PM

I was really sad that Carol Hannah didn't win. I would totally wear her clothes (if I grew 6 inches and lost 150 lbs ). I thought Althea's was just awful. I never did get most of her designs that the judges loved. Irina's was alright, but not very interesting.
#90 of 93 Old 11-24-2009, 07:36 PM

this season was pitiful. I fell asleep during the finale.

I really doubt any of the top three this season would have made it near Bryant Park any other season.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page