When is the next season of Survivor? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 28 Old 09-04-2009, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Isn't it starting up soon? I am getting anxious.
#2 of 28 Old 09-04-2009, 11:20 PM

september 17. the contestants are online at cbs.com. i too am getting a little bit excited. i don't know why i like this show, to be honest. to me it's like a traffic accident that you can't help but look at! but i still watch it!

wife to dh, mama to dd1   june 2007, dd2 march 2009 and dd3 april 2011
#3 of 28 Old 09-09-2009, 03:50 PM

Woohoo! I love Survivor! Can't wait.

Happy mama of four Wild Things
"And now," cried Max "let the wild rumpus begin!"
#4 of 28 Old 09-09-2009, 04:01 PM

Really ?!?!? Wow, what a surprise! I'm so happy! I just started watching the first all-stars season on netflix just to get my survivor fix- I had no idea it would be back so soon! Yahoo!
#5 of 28 Old 09-09-2009, 04:18 PM

I'm salivating!

Mama to 4. winner.jpghomebirth.jpg
#6 of 28 Old 09-18-2009, 11:49 AM

Who watched?

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#7 of 28 Old 09-18-2009, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

I did! I couldn't get enough of that southern millionaire. I am thinking this is going to be a really exciting season.

And might I add that Shambos snooty attitude while the others were swimming is just the kind of thing that will get her voted off. She was compkaining that the leader of her tribe wasn;t doing a good job, but he was very wise by socializing with the others. I think he will go far, and shambo will not.

Any other predictions as to who will make it far?
#8 of 28 Old 09-18-2009, 12:35 PM

As much as I don't like him I think Russell could go far. He's a snake!

I think Shambo will make it farther than expected. And Jaison will do well...

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#9 of 28 Old 09-19-2009, 02:32 AM

wow, i really don't like russell. i understand playing a game, etc. but what purpose does sabotaging your own teammates accomplish at this point in the game? and jumping all over marissa for "coming after him"?! i don't see it. unfortunately for me, he's going to be getting a lot of air time; i'm sure.

wife to dh, mama to dd1   june 2007, dd2 march 2009 and dd3 april 2011
#10 of 28 Old 09-19-2009, 02:40 AM

I loved the first episode!

I liked that the tribes were already chosen, so they were pretty evenly matched and we had none of the foolish choosing tribes nonsense of past seasons. It also made for a nice picture to have them already wearing bits of their tribe's color, so you could see the whole yellow/orange team was united and the purple team was united. That was a nice brainstorm from some camera operator or someone.

I liked that they started off on the beach, going into a challenge. I'd grown tired of the "Okay.... GO! NOW! Gather as many supplies as you can and RUN!" that has started so many of the recent seasons. I'd grown tired of watching dumb people trying to climb mountains in high heels and three-piece suits. Don't they know by now that as soon as you get on the plane you're playing the game? Dress appropriately!

I thought it was interesting that the two black men got so many of the votes for leadership, and that most of the people voting for them tried really hard not to reference their skin color, although there didn't seem a problem with referring to the Asian girl as such.

Russel is a snake, and so awful, but he's also so blatant that I can't see his game lasting very long.

I'm more excited about this season than I've been in awhile; it's off to a good start!
#11 of 28 Old 09-25-2009, 11:40 PM

a little bit of a strange episode this week. I missed the first couple minutes- what was the reason for only having one challenge for both reward and immunity? Did they say?

I was sorry to see Mike go- he seemed like a cool person. but I'm confused, the other occasions where someone has had to leave the game due to medical reasons, or leaves of their own accord, they don't vote someone off at tribal council, but this time they did. It seems like they should have a standing rule, either you do continue on and vote someone out, or the person who left counts as the leaving person.

yasmin acted like a total jerk visiting the other camp! I can't believe she'd act that way right off the bat meeting the other tribe. what a poor stragtegist! I doubt she'll go far!

Ugh, Russell is almost diabolical! he scares me.

sorry to see betsy go. she seemed like the smartest person there. overall the tribes do not seem very endearing or wise thus far. I hope they grow on me!
#12 of 28 Old 09-26-2009, 05:14 PM

So sad to see Betsy go, she was really cool.

Russell is something else....man, what a UAV! The way he talks about women is disgusting.
#13 of 28 Old 12-15-2009, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Just bumping to see if anyone is still watching? I just can't get enough of this season. Russell is still there. I think he will go soon, or he could go to the end with mick. But Mick would surely get the jury votes.
I still really have no idea who Brett is. He has kept under the radar all season. I bet he will be voted off soon.
#14 of 28 Old 12-15-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
Just bumping to see if anyone is still watching? I just can't get enough of this season. Russell is still there. I think he will go soon, or he could go to the end with mick. But Mick would surely get the jury votes.
I still really have no idea who Brett is. He has kept under the radar all season. I bet he will be voted off soon.
H and I at the last episode was wondering who Brett was, glad we weren't the only ones.

I've thoroughly enjoyed this season, moreso than other seasons recently. While I usually don't root for the villain, I'm kind of hoping Russell wins. He certainly has been very entertaining.

Mom to DS#1 and DS#2 fencing.gif
#15 of 28 Old 12-16-2009, 01:26 AM

we're still here, looking forward to TH and Sunday!
#16 of 28 Old 12-16-2009, 02:24 AM

Still here watching too.

oAlisha- eternal companion to mike:, mother to three energetic boys (02):, (05), and (07) and one sweet little girl 3/13.  Two in heaven.7/21/2010, 11/05/2011 mecry.gif.

#17 of 28 Old 12-16-2009, 11:43 AM

Hey, I was wondering if anyone else was watching, too!

I think Russ is diabolical and honestly don't like him- not a "love to hate" kind of thing, but I think he really seems like a scary individual and would not want to know him IRL. *However* he seems to be the only one who is actually PLAYING THE GAME and for that, he should win.

It seems like everyone else is floating along, obeying whatever he says, and he actually makes plans, goes and searches out the hidden idols, etc which no one else seems to be doing.

I have no idea who Brett OR Mick are- both of them barely do anything (or at least aren't shown doing much or as part of the game!) I would be really disappointed if one of those hangers on won! I really don't know if any of them are smart enough to see that Russell is controlling the game and they need to vote him out!
#18 of 28 Old 12-16-2009, 10:45 PM

I'm still watching too. I really didn't like Russ at first and wanted to stop watching the show...but he's really playing the game! It amazing he found the idols so many times, and some without clues. I wonder if they'll have to rethink where they place the idols next season?

belly.gifMama to a Little Scientist (09/08) and our Ray of Sunshine (05/11).
#19 of 28 Old 12-21-2009, 05:56 AM

anyone? finale is over...
#20 of 28 Old 12-21-2009, 11:52 AM

Natalie? r u kidding me?
#21 of 28 Old 12-21-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaof3boz View Post
Natalie? r u kidding me?
I AGREE. Seems like the jury said, "Anyone but Russell." She didn't actually do anything. Makes me want to hurl....

HoneyFern

The Blog

Never let your schooling interfere with your education. ~Mark Twain~

#22 of 28 Old 12-21-2009, 02:44 PM

What was wrong with Natalie's face at the finale? Is it just that she put back on some weight after the show, or was there something else going on? He face looked. . .doughy, almost. Weird. And Jaison needs to lay off the tweezers. Where the hell were that man's eyebrows?

As for the finale. Hmm. I think Russell really undersetimated both how much people hated him and how much they liked Natalie. I think that was the only flaw in his game play. I'm glad Mick didn't win, though. I think Natalie deserved it more than he did, at least.
#23 of 28 Old 12-21-2009, 03:13 PM

i think russell should have won and would have had a better chance if he had kept his ego in check... that is what seemed to really piss everyone off.

looking forward to season 20 though - it'll be interesting to see who is returning.
#24 of 28 Old 12-21-2009, 05:42 PM

Although I really didn't like Russell's ego or attitude most of the time, he played a great game! Finding the idols without clues was amazing.

It is interesting to think he might have won if he had brought Shambo and Jaison with him at the end. Natalie was

I'm happy Russell won the Best Player award because he looked so sad about not winning.

Can't wait to see who's on the next season!

belly.gifMama to a Little Scientist (09/08) and our Ray of Sunshine (05/11).
#25 of 28 Old 12-21-2009, 06:20 PM

I think russell should be ashamed of himself. All he did was talk so negatively about everyone and he said that in his "real" life he cares about things like integrity...ummmm okay...so when you are playing a game you are no longer in real life??

I'd be embarrassed to be his wife and feel bad for his kids! I'm glad Natalie won...so she rode on his coat tails...she made it to the end didn't she? And i agreed with everything Eric said about her in his little speech.

I kind of hoped Brett would win the challenge actually and then win the whole thing. He seems really sweet and was really good at the challenges and never tried to stab anyone in the back.

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#26 of 28 Old 12-21-2009, 10:05 PM

i honestly think that eric's speech made the difference for Natalie...

you can google season 20 and start getting an idea who might be on, looking forward to that!
#27 of 28 Old 12-22-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse View Post
What was wrong with Natalie's face at the finale? Is it just that she put back on some weight after the show, or was there something else going on? He face looked. . .doughy, almost. Weird. And Jaison needs to lay off the tweezers. Where the hell were that man's eyebrows?

As for the finale. Hmm. I think Russell really undersetimated both how much people hated him and how much they liked Natalie. I think that was the only flaw in his game play. I'm glad Mick didn't win, though. I think Natalie deserved it more than he did, at least.

LOL about their faces, I always think the players look weird in the finale! They look so much different with weight on and in so much makeup!

I am disappointed in the outcome. I don't think Natalie did much of anything. Russell is the only one who actually PLAYED and schemed and yes, outwitted everyone there! BUT I agree, part of playing a flawless game is doing all that, AND having the jury respect you enough to vote for you, and he did not win their hearts as Natalie did.

It was sad to see how upset he was, I know he thought he had it in the bag from day one!

And Mick?!?! He did nothing the whole time, and was so bland and pointless at tribal council, blah.
#28 of 28 Old 12-22-2009, 09:05 PM

I just googled season 20, all stars. There are definitely some I am interested to see again- Coach, Sugar, James, Tyson, and JT- but several of the others have already been on another all-stars season! I have NO desire to see Rob Mariano again! I like Tina, Rupert, Colby, etc but we've already seen them on 2 seasons, let's move on already!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page