Anyone watch that MODEL show? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 79 Old 02-07-2004, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Doesn't UPN have some model show? Anyone watch it? I saw the first episode but lost interest.
#2 of 79 Old 02-07-2004, 05:17 PM

ummm yes I have to admit that I do watch and it makes me crack up. This is the house of lovelies : and some of the competitions are ridicuolous. I like this show for the same reason I like most reality tv, the human component and how the girls get along. Once they get used to the cameras they really start to show their true colors. And while I like Tyra Banks alot, she is sooo cheesy as the host sometimes :LOL

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all
#3 of 79 Old 02-07-2004, 09:14 PM

I watch this show, and I love it. I've even got my husband watching. Last week, he looked at me and rolled his eyes when the girls were all competing in an "accesorizing" competition, yet he continued to watch.

I want either Yoanna or Mercedes to win the whole ball of wax.
#4 of 79 Old 02-08-2004, 12:52 PM

Susana I want either one of them to win too!!! I seriously cannot stand either Camillie or Kaite, what a freaking cry baby All that girl does is . and I think her new hairdo looks :Puke There is NO WAY I would have let them do that to me. I also thought it was hysterical when one of the judges told her that she looked like a man in drag as Marilyn :LOL

#5 of 79 Old 02-08-2004, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I saw the first one and haven't been able to find it again. i really like the totally non modle girl. The one with the long brown hair. Who was really normal looking but pretty in a nerdy way. I also liked the mommy one but it made me sick that they refered to her as a plus size model and kept refering to her size.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#6 of 79 Old 02-08-2004, 02:12 PM

Here is the link to the show

I like the "nerdy" one too, she is now a very light blonde and the mother ws the first one off after she would not pose with a male model in nothing more then body paint. I thought it was weird that they kept calling her plus size as well, she was like a size 10 for Heaven's sake! I didn't blame her for not posing but she knew there would be a naked assignment as there was last year. It's on Tuesdays at 9pm on UPN?http://www.upn.com/shows/top_model2

#7 of 79 Old 02-08-2004, 11:36 PM

LOL, it is so good to have people to talk with about this show!

Soccermom, I am so with you...Catie irritates the crap out of me with all the damn crying. She's so sensitive, and I guess she is only 18, but man, modeling ain't the career to go into if you're that sensitive. I could not believe the haircut.
Camille is my favorite one to dislike...mmm, she really thinks she's got it in the bag, doesn't she! I like when Tyra discusses Camille with the other judges, saying Camille thinks she's the baddest b**** there...I was LOL. So true.

How about when the girls were impersonating each other on the catwalk and Catie did Xiomara with her "possessed" walk...How can anyone not enjoy watching fine television like this!

Ahh yes...Top Model Tuesdays...never a disappointment
#8 of 79 Old 02-09-2004, 01:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OK after looking at thier portfolios, Shandi, yoanna and Mecedies would get my vote. Gees, How could I miss this on tuesdays, it isn't like there is anything else inthe world on. no we don't have cable.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#9 of 79 Old 02-09-2004, 04:44 PM

Quote:
How about when the girls were impersonating each other on the catwalk and Catie did Xiomara with her "possessed" walk...How can anyone not enjoy watching fine television like this!
OMG I laughed SO hard when she did that. Those eyes WERE freaky !!!!

And it really is never a disappointment. I laugh on every episode and now dh is watching with me too!!! :LOL Who do you all think will go this week. I say Catie. What I have been seeing happen is the the girl who is second usually goes the following week if they don't get their act together. So unless Catie stops the crying she is out.

Do the judges see the dailies that are shot so do they know Catie is a huge cry baby?

#10 of 79 Old 02-10-2004, 11:15 AM

lilyka atta girl, diving into the America's Top Model! Now that's what I like to see!!

SoccerMom, I am saying Catie as well for this week, although I have to say I really thought she had a chance there. With the daring new hairdo and the pretty face, I thought maybe she could go pretty far. How about Xiomara? Tyra was pretty miffed that she didn't want to be Grace Jones, and from what I have seen from X, she seems like she can be pretty pissy...plus don't forget her unforgettable catwalk technique.

Wonder what kind of things the girls will be doing tonight? I can't remember what I saw for the previews last week. We'll probably be seeing Catie cry for the umpteenth million time.

Did you guys watch this last season when Adrianne won? I like her. She always cracks me up.
#11 of 79 Old 02-10-2004, 11:47 PM

This show just cracks me up. I can't believe that the girls take it all so seriously. Dh gets home 1/2 way through and will sit and laugh along too.
Oh yeah, Catie has got to go!!
#12 of 79 Old 02-11-2004, 12:54 AM

Ok well based on the photos tonight I knew that Catie was not going, even though her eyes WERE crossed!!! X really did have once of the worst pics, but honestly I thought for sure, after Camille's awful attitude this whole time that she was out this week. Is she pretty? yes Does she take great pics? yes but she is a bitch and must go. I honestly think they are just keeping her around for the drama. I was so happy that both Sara and Mercedes got to see their moms and I feel so so bad for Shandi, I just wanted to go to her and say, " I'll be your mom and love you"

I was telling some tonight that I LOVE last years winner, Adrienne. I mean that girl would do ANYTHING they told her. Pose nude with your legs open? yup. Pose with a snake hissing at your face? yup. I mean even if I still had the body that I had at 19 there is NO WAY I could do some of the things they ask :LOL I hate to say it but I love this show! It cracks me up:LOL

#13 of 79 Old 02-11-2004, 11:29 PM

take great pics? yes but she is a bitch and must go""
But I have to tell you Soccermom that is what they want. I graduated from modeling school when I was a teen and the more attitude/snippy along with being photogenic the better chance you had of getting work .....
#14 of 79 Old 02-12-2004, 01:16 AM

Well, keeping Camille and dumping Xiomara bummed me out...I want Camille gone. Did anyone laugh when that judge was interviewing them and asked who would they all want voted out this week and they all said Camille and when asked why, Yoanna exclaimed "she's a witch!" Oh man, the way she said that. Perfect response!

I still like Mercedes best and was so happy she got to see her mama. I am just noticing Sara for the first time. She is really gorgeous, and smart too.

I was actually crying this week...when Shandi said no one at home understands her or ever hugs her...Mercedes when she was talking about being sick with her mama....

I think Camille's days are numbered. Photographers, stylists, and the clients she could work for won't like her with that know-it-all attitude. but she might stay on the show a little longer, she's the girl we all love to hate

I'm still putting my money on Mercedes. Love her. What did that guy call her? A visual orgasm?!!! LOL.
#15 of 79 Old 02-18-2004, 12:48 PM

OMG this weeks episode was too funny:LOL I mean WHAT is the deal with Camille? I thought it was hysterical that she actually thought her acting was good. I still think Mercedes and Sara are the front runners but April did awesome. She was totally comitted to this just like Adrienne and I think she just might win???

I am SOOOO happy that Catie is gone!!! Hopefully next week it will be Camille. Although I think they keep her just to have some drama on the show.

#16 of 79 Old 02-18-2004, 02:58 PM

Yep, I got hooked after the first episode. I'm also glad katie is gone she was just too much of a baby, drove me nuts. I was upset that the week before last they got rid of Xiomora and kept that bitch camille. I was really hoping she'd get the axe instead.
#17 of 79 Old 02-18-2004, 04:15 PM

I think unfortunately like CerridwenLorelei said they want the bitchy divas there. Makes for better TV as well. PLus she really is nice looking. I think if she keeps it up she will be out next week

Did anyone see that the TV guide says that tonight is another new episode of this show? Is that right? I am going out and will tape it if it is:LOL OMG I have no life!

#18 of 79 Old 02-18-2004, 05:47 PM

Did you all see when they were looking at the underwater photos and the judges said Joanna's looked like an adult ultrasound?
Ha, it was great.
#19 of 79 Old 02-18-2004, 10:19 PM

Oooh, ooh!! I watch too!!

I like April, Mercedes and Shandi the best. I wouldn't mind if any of them won.

I like Camille's diva attitude but don't think she'll win. I"m glad Catie got the boot cuz she's such a cry baby and I'm tired of ppl coddling her. I hated Xiomara and glad she's gone and I also hate Yoanna--she is just so cheesy good with her "cool" and sucking up to everyone, ugh! I also hate how she tried to turn all the girls against Camille and tried to tell Catie not to pick her (Camille) as the friend to accompany to the party she won...Mind your own business!!

I'm sorry Yoanna isn't model material...

Last night was hilarious!! The acting class was too much. I thought it was so funny how into April and Shandi were. But they were also great. I love those two.

Kylix
#20 of 79 Old 02-18-2004, 10:28 PM

Tonight's episode is a rerun of last night's.

I just really dislike camille she is way beyond pretending to be a diva. I like yoanna, she's kind of a down for whatever type gal. I preferred Xiomarra over camille, her personailty I suppose cause camille is prettier but she's just so scankalous. I really don't care for shandi, the whole wallflower thing was just too much for me plus she looked TERRIBLE in her swimsuit no body at all, just too frail looking for me. I don't think april is pretty at all, teh whole mole is distracting me, mercedes is very pretty but and has the best personality but I don't want her to win just cause she has a disease, I hate that.
#21 of 79 Old 02-18-2004, 10:32 PM

So, I'm the only one here that LIKES Camille?

Quote:
honestly I thought for sure, after Camille's awful attitude this whole time that she was out this week. Is she pretty? yes Does she take great pics? yes but she is a bitch and must go. I honestly think they are just keeping her around for the drama.
Are we forgetting what's important here? Camille IS pretty and she DOES photograph well and she CAN walk. That's what a model's all about. Her personality is not part of the job qualifications....

Honestly I don't think Camille is that much of a bitch. Is she a diva? YES Does she know she wants? HELL YES! Is she going to try to do what it takes to get it? ABSOLUTELY!! I can't fault her for that.

I think she's on the defensive. Since day one, the whole house has been against her of course she is trying to hold on to every shred of pride that she can, you would too. I don't think that she did anything in the first place for others to hate her. I think that many times the questions she asks, the comments she makes are vaild. It comes off as "back talk" because of her personality and because of the reputation that she has.

I don't think she'll win...her game is starting to falter but I do like the girl. I see her as the underdog now and I think she is disliked unwarrantedly.

Kylix
#22 of 79 Old 02-19-2004, 12:45 AM

Okay, so one thing I have recently noticed is that judge Janice Dickenson, one of the universe's first supermodels (LOL), that woman's eyebrows go up and down like a hundred times every time she is on camera. What is up with that!?

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the acting class this week...Shandi in all her glory, kissing the soap hunk with tongue! That was funny. Camille was entertaining-loved the line she made up about getting involved in sculpting and giving some of the sculptures to charity!!
I think I am changing my mind about Yoanna...where I liked her early on, I am not seeing anything too interesting about her now. She's kinda blah?
I still like Mercedes best because I think she is funny, and adorable.

Now, about Ty-Ty baby's new singing career....why does it not surprise me that the name of her song is "Shake Your Body"?!

Can't wait for the next installment....
#23 of 79 Old 02-19-2004, 01:44 AM

I disagree, what turns me off most about camille is that to me at least she is TRYING to portray a diva attitude, and way too hard at that. She's acting like that because she thinks that's the way divas are suppose to be. that's what a turn off to me. I mean I could be wrong and she could generally have that kind of messed up attitude but her whole versage just seems to planned and fake. Which make s me think she's acting thatw ay on purpose, and I hate that. But of course she is pretty and she can walk no doubt about that although her acting was terrible and hilarious at the same time!
'same thing with shadi's whole wall flower thing, It just turned me so. I'm like come on the child couldn't hav ebeen that bad. But after hearing about her family I must say poor baby to her, that was so sad.
#24 of 79 Old 02-19-2004, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter

I was impressed that Camille didn't slap Catie when she was offensive to her father and her on the phone. She was very gracious.

I think Camille is beautiful, aloof, but not quite a bitch. I think she has a shot at a contract.

But I really think, Shandi is going to win. I thought that the first episode. And Tyra keeps saying that Shandi is the only one who could do high-fashion.

April impressed me this week. She really came into her own.
#25 of 79 Old 02-19-2004, 05:33 PM

I just think Camille is a phony. And I think her attitude stinks. I also don't think she is the right look for high fashion. And her acting was SO bad. She didn't have to cry and go on like the other girls but come on, she was just so so bad!:LOL Funny but bad, and what was up with that Bristish accent for the commercial???:LOL

I think Yoanna looks the best in the pics! I do not understand what they mean by her needing to work on her body? I mean Shandi is super skinny and they don't say that about her? I personally think that looks and personality together will let either Sara or Mercedes win and I would love that.

#26 of 79 Old 02-19-2004, 07:38 PM

SoccerMom, I am wondering what the deal is with Yoanna's body too, why wouldn't they want to see her in a bathing suit??

Did you laugh when Yoanna was being funny and flipped her skirt at the judges to make them laugh?? That worked!!
#27 of 79 Old 02-20-2004, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Susana
Did you laugh when Yoanna was being funny and flipped her skirt at the judges to make them laugh?? That worked!!
Did I laugh! No I almost wet my pants I was so hysterical! That was major for her!!! I think it showed them that she is a funny carefree person and that she would do anything to win. I think out of all the girls she looks you most classic model like. Every picture of her has been amazing in my opinion, well except for the adult fetus one:LOL but seriously what did they expect from most of them with that!!! I mean it was SALT water for heavens sake and it burned their eyes!!! I felt so bad for them!

#28 of 79 Old 02-25-2004, 01:02 AM

Wow was anyone else surprised that it was not Yoanna this week. I could not believe that they cut Sara. And you KNOW that Tyra didn't want to, this is the first time she has ever hugged a girl who got the ax, and the rest of them bawling ( except Camille she knows it's just one less chick to compete against!). I felt so bad for Sara! Wonder what happens next week with Camille, what the heck could she have said?

#29 of 79 Old 02-25-2004, 10:06 AM

We were on pins and needles last night when it came down to Yoanna and Sara. I think they kept Yoanna because of her incredible face. I really think she is the most beautiful of them all.
I can't figure out what all the hoopla is about her body though, the judges keep mentioning it, but I wonder, what is wrong with it?
I felt bad for Sara...how goobery am I, getting emotional about them getting kicked off now. I liked Sara. WOnder if her dad will forgive her for entering this contest?

How about Shandi? Telling boyfriend he can't go to a movie and then cuddling up with that dude in the Hummer? Evil Shandai! LOL
#30 of 79 Old 02-25-2004, 11:37 AM

I agree that Yoanna is the best looking, I think she looks amazing in all of her pics, well except for the human fetus! :

I felt bad for Sara too, here she is taking this chance and at the risk of losing her dad and then she gets the boot!

As far as Shandi that is just messed up I mean going to the movies is "special" And how was he to know that unless she told him. I am sure if she was more rational and just said, listen I am just not comfortable you going there with other women. And who knew that she could dance like that

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page