Flash Forward - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 207 Old 11-01-2009, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyam926 View Post
Did anyone notice the way the boss (what's his name, African American guy) was looking at Janice in the hospital? Makes me think something is going to happen w/them, whether it be a relationship or a sperm donor thing, IDK.

The fight btw Olivia and her dh (sorry, bad w/names) wasn't very believable to me. There didn't seem to be enough of a build up. Plus, it seems like she gave up too easily. It would have seemed more real if they were in a really heated argument (cause you are more likely to break up when really hurt or angry right?) or if there was some more back and forth w/the trust issue.
DH and I thought that was a really weird look from her boss.

Totally agree about the fight. Seemed like all of a sudden Olivia was willing to ditch her marriage.
#122 of 207 Old 11-01-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortelliniMama View Post
I've got it recorded on the DVR but haven't watched it yet. Has anybody else read the book? I really like Robert Sawyer's stuff, but I'm a little worried about being disappointed in the translation to the screen. It has been a while since the last time I read it, though, so I might not pick up on many changes unless the show inspires me to re-read it.
I've read the book. I don't watch tv, and only clicked on this, because I was wondering if it had anything to do with the book. However, after trying five Sawyer books, I don't think I'll be reading any more of them. (He's got some really great ideas and story concepts, but his I AM CANADIAN!! vibe gets on my last nerve, and I find there's always something in this books that just doesn't gel for me.) I didn't find Flash Forward all that memorable, tbh...doubt if I'd remember any deviations at all, even if I did watch the show.

I am glad to know it's based on the book, though. While it's not a favourite of mine, I always like to see SF ideas attracting attention.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#123 of 207 Old 11-04-2009, 06:06 PM

I love this show! I am still baffeled by Charlie's reaction to her FF, she seems to have a happy time with Dylan. hmmm

Mom to DD born 1989 DS born 1993 and grandma to
DGS born 2005
#124 of 207 Old 11-06-2009, 01:25 PM

what a great episode! was that whathisnames's daughter sitting in his house? i can not beleive dude killed himself. do you think that celia chick will get killed anyway some other way?

DGS born 2005
#125 of 207 Old 11-06-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie2 View Post
what a great episode! was that whathisnames's daughter sitting in his house? i can not beleive dude killed himself. do you think that celia chick will get killed anyway some other way?
I don't know! This show is great. I can't believe anything about that episode it was so crazy!!! I was surprised that he was "able" to go through with it!
#126 of 207 Old 11-06-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
idk, remember in someones flash forward (i forget who at the moment) she said she had a son she had never met before and they were calling her mommy or whatever, she was tucking him in bed. i bet that was one of celias sons.

and do you think because he killed himself he instantly altered the present too? is that why tracy appeared?

"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee
#127 of 207 Old 11-06-2009, 03:03 PM

Last night was such a great episode. It seems like this show is getting better every wk.

So by the one agent killing himself he opened up the whole possiblility of changing the future. The whole world had been grappling w/the question of if it was even possible to change what they saw. I guess it seems it is possible. But what are the potential ramifications I wonder?

And, how in the heck did the AA sponsor's daughter get there? He just comes home and she's there? Can't wait to find out what that's all about next wk. Talk about a surprise.

Wife to dh, Mommy to ds1 12/2002, ds2 9/2005, and ds3 9/2008.
#128 of 207 Old 11-06-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandamanda View Post
and do you think because he killed himself he instantly altered the present too? is that why tracy appeared?
omg! Yes I wonder!? And I keep thinking about that senator in dc who said she was the president in her ff and in the presidents ff he was addressed as Mr. President (although they do address former presidents that way) I don’t know...

DGS born 2005
#129 of 207 Old 11-06-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
idk, remember in someones flash forward (i forget who at the moment) she said she had a son she had never met before and they were calling her mommy or whatever, she was tucking him in bed. i bet that was one of celias sons.

That was Stan's wife and I'm pretty sure the kid wasn't one of the Celia's twins...
Interesting episode though!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that the future can be altered, I'm curious how everything will play out.

I do have something to say, they all know that it will be April 29th, 10pm - would they just prepare themselves for that day weeks in advance. For instance, in my flash forward, I'm in Miami Beach and something bad happens, wouldn't I just NOT book the tickets to fly to Miami for that day, book the tickets to Alaska instead or something?
#130 of 207 Old 11-06-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelovesmax View Post
I do have something to say, they all know that it will be April 29th, 10pm - would they just prepare themselves for that day weeks in advance.
i was thinking about that last night, like on the 29th i would just want to be home with my family watching the clock, not out doing whatever ..

DGS born 2005
#131 of 207 Old 11-06-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
i was thinking about that last night, like on the 29th i would just want to be home with my family watching the clock, not out doing whatever ..
Yes, I don't understand why its so hard to change. Demetri is suppose to get killed on the job so can't he just stay home that day?

#132 of 207 Old 11-07-2009, 12:45 AM - Thread Starter

Holy I like this show more and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karamom View Post
Yes, I don't understand why its so hard to change. Demetri is suppose to get killed on the job so can't he just stay home that day?
No, the lady who called him said he was murdered with three shots to the chest. She didn't say he was on the job.

But this totally changes the whole show with Al killing himself. Now they know the future can be changed. Its not written in stone. I think that at first it was written but once people start changing things the future will change more and more. By the time we get to April 29th a whole different future will happen than what they saw.

Heather Mike Married 8/1/99 Mom to Charlotte Aug 04, Nov 06, and Katherine Oct 07
#133 of 207 Old 11-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
She saw the boy at the memorial service for the agents killed during the blackout. There was only the one little boy there so I don't think they're the same kids.

This was quite an interesting episode, really makes you think. So many questions! Was that really Tracy at the dining room table or does he have another daughter we haven't heard about. Does he have a daughter he's never met? I was surprised that Al was able to kill himself. I didn't think it would work, even though logically I knew it would be pretty much impossible to survive a fall like that. I was very shocked that he did indeed die.
#134 of 207 Old 11-07-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanine123 View Post

This was quite an interesting episode, really makes you think. So many questions! Was that really Tracy at the dining room table or does he have another daughter we haven't heard about. Does he have a daughter he's never met? I was surprised that Al was able to kill himself. I didn't think it would work, even though logically I knew it would be pretty much impossible to survive a fall like that. I was very shocked that he did indeed die.
I know -- I wondered about a twin daughter, too. I didn't think Al would actually die ... I was shocked but my DH thought that he might fall on Celia and kill her anyway and he would live. Sort of sick...
#135 of 207 Old 11-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Banned

Not too sick since my DH thought pretty much the same thing.
#136 of 207 Old 11-07-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanine123 View Post
Not too sick since my DH thought pretty much the same thing.
Oh good! Now I don't feel so weird about that.
#137 of 207 Old 11-09-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsmama View Post
I know -- I wondered about a twin daughter, too. I didn't think Al would actually die ... I was shocked but my DH thought that he might fall on Celia and kill her anyway and he would live. Sort of sick...

I was thinking the same thing!
#138 of 207 Old 11-09-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
my DH thought that he might fall on Celia and kill her anyway and he would live. Sort of sick...
yea, i had the same thought too , but now i am wondering if he is really dead, what evidence do we have so far?

DGS born 2005
#139 of 207 Old 11-09-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
yea, i had the same thought too , but now i am wondering if he is really dead, what evidence do we have so far?
I wonder the same thing.
#140 of 207 Old 11-09-2009, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Evidence? He stepped off a building. They didn't show a close-up of his body (It is a prime-time show after all) but they did show an wide ariel view of his body down on the pavement. I doubt that his body was switched in between the time that Mark, Stan, and Demitri saw him step off and the time they rushed to the side of the edge to view his corpse down on the sidewalk. Then the coroner was loading his body when Demetri and Stan were watching. I'm pretty sure he's dead.

On a different topic, Who do you think Annabelle is? I wonder if that's the girl that Simon had sex with on the train. Simon told Lloyd in the car that the train on the coast was "breathtaking". Then a clip was shown of his FF. But I wonder if he strangled the woman on the train too.

Heather Mike Married 8/1/99 Mom to Charlotte Aug 04, Nov 06, and Katherine Oct 07
#141 of 207 Old 11-13-2009, 12:10 PM

Ok so I guess Al is dead after all.

I thought about the tatoo thing and that it could be a symbol for some larger group which looks like what it is, now.

Any thoughts on last night?
#142 of 207 Old 11-13-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Ok so I guess Al is dead after all.

I thought about the tatoo thing and that it could be a symbol for some larger group which looks like what it is, now.

Any thoughts on last night?
Maybe Jericho?
#143 of 207 Old 11-13-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cersha View Post
Maybe Jericho?
I have a feeling murdering that guy is gonna be the reason he starts drinking again.
#144 of 207 Old 11-13-2009, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Maybe Jericho?
Yeah, I think so. How about this. Mark starts investigating Jerico for Tracy and they send someone after him.

You guys think maybe Simon is the one who tries to drown Nicole? We only saw a couple seconds of each of their FFs but Simon and the guy he killed were both soaking wet. And we saw a blurry image of Nicole's FF in this episode that kind of looked like Simon.

#145 of 207 Old 11-13-2009, 10:24 PM

ok, I don't know if this has been discussed, but isn't Tracy's dad...oh, what's his name? Aaron? Isn't his flashforward kinda, blurry, like Mark's is? Is he drinking now/then too?
#146 of 207 Old 11-13-2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle View Post
Yeah, I think so. How about this. Mark starts investigating Jerico for Tracy and they send someone after him.

You guys think maybe Simon is the one who tries to drown Nicole? We only saw a couple seconds of each of their FFs but Simon and the guy he killed were both soaking wet. And we saw a blurry image of Nicole's FF in this episode that kind of looked like Simon.
Nah, In his FF you can definitely see that it's a guy (in Simon's FF)
#147 of 207 Old 11-13-2009, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Nah, In his FF you can definitely see that it's a guy (in Simon's FF)
no, i know what she means, like later in his flash forward - maybe that was not the whole thing

DGS born 2005
#148 of 207 Old 11-15-2009, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
no, i know what she means, like later in his flash forward - maybe that was not the whole thing
Yeah, that's what I meant. Like maybe he kills more than one person in his FF. First he drowns Nicole and then, soaking wet, he goes and kills meat locker guy.

I just rewatched this episode and the moment where Lloyd puts the card in Simon's pocket is unintentionally funny. Simon's face looks just like the Grinch.

Also, I've noticed in the last couple episodes that right after the title shot where it has the flashforward logo it shows a glimpse of something in this episode. I don't remember before last week but last week it showed the bullet labeled "Not today" and this week it showed the ace of hearts that Lloyd put in Simon's pocket. I'll be paying closer attention to it next week.

#149 of 207 Old 11-21-2009, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Kind of a slow episode. So Bryce meets his girl in a sushi bar in LA and he has terminal cancer.

I didn't really think that either Aaron or Stan sent Olivia the text. But because he shouted it in that bar to Stan, there are any number of people that could have heard him say "I was loaded! Okay!"

#150 of 207 Old 11-21-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle View Post
Kind of a slow episode. So Bryce meets his girl in a sushi bar in LA and he has terminal cancer.

I didn't really think that either Aaron or Stan sent Olivia the text. But because he shouted it in that bar to Stan, there are any number of people that could have heard him say "I was loaded! Okay!"
I agree that more than 2 people probably know. Also, did Demetri and the other guy know from that bar incident?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page