Flash Forward - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 207 Old 04-16-2010, 11:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaBeanie View Post
I'm the same! It devastates me to think of Mark and Olivia's marriage breaking up, but at the same time, it appears to be heading that way. There's no denying the spark between Lloyd and Olivia. The scene where he helped with Charlie melted my heart!

We don't know much about the pregnancy. All we know is that Janis told a drunk Demetri as she loaded him into the cab. I really, really hope she's not the mole. For once we FINALLY had a female character who is scary-smart, talented, beautiful, does a "man's job" very well and is a lesbian on top of it. I hope they don't ruin such a great role model/character.
Yes, I totally agree. It's really hard to find female characters in such roles in TV that don't come off super mean and domineering (um... sort of like the VP?). It's also strange that they picked the two females to be possible moles. It makes me wonder, though, if she was lying to see if Charlie (sorry, I really don't remember his name in the show ) was a mole? I mean if she investigated that lady maybe she's also snooped around on him?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 207 Old 04-17-2010, 12:15 AM

I still wonder if their boss Stan is the true mole - he seems to be hiding something and I don't trust that he was sitting on the "potty" during the GBO and the flashforward.
#183 of 207 Old 04-17-2010, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by physmom View Post
Yes, I totally agree. It's really hard to find female characters in such roles in TV that don't come off super mean and domineering (um... sort of like the VP?). It's also strange that they picked the two females to be possible moles. It makes me wonder, though, if she was lying to see if Charlie (sorry, I really don't remember his name in the show ) was a mole? I mean if she investigated that lady maybe she's also snooped around on him?
The VP is the worst! Are you talking about Simon, the guy missing part of his finger who helped "cause" the blackout? I'm with you on that, I think (and hope!) that Janis is just pretending to be the mole to get more information out of Simon, so that he trusts her and opens up to her. If she's smart enough to figure out Marcy (since it appears Marcy had no idea Janis was supposedly a mole), it wouldn't be that hard to trace Simon back to that shady group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsmama View Post
I still wonder if their boss Stan is the true mole - he seems to be hiding something and I don't trust that he was sitting on the "potty" during the GBO and the flashforward.
You know, I never thought of that! Hmm, I'll have to ponder this. This show has turned into a hardcore addiction, I watch every episode twice and spend my nights (I'm an insomniac) thinking about what each thing could mean. It's so nice to have a TV show that really makes you think about things actively.

treehugger.gif NMY, uber-crunchy, college student, doula-in-training, health food store worker and future librarian read.gif

#184 of 207 Old 04-17-2010, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaBeanie View Post
I'm with you on that, I think (and hope!) that Janis is just pretending to be the mole to get more information out of Simon, so that he trusts her and opens up to her. If she's smart enough to figure out Marcy (since it appears Marcy had no idea Janis was supposedly a mole), it wouldn't be that hard to trace Simon back to that shady group.
I hope so too. It seems very out of character for her to be the mole. Even if she had taken a bullet to prove her loyalty I doubt she'd have wanted her future fertility in jeopardy by getting shot in the uterus. I'm just not buying it.

Quote:
You know, I never thought of that! Hmm, I'll have to ponder this. This show has turned into a hardcore addiction, I watch every episode twice and spend my nights (I'm an insomniac) thinking about what each thing could mean. It's so nice to have a TV show that really makes you think about things actively.
It's a shame they'll probably cancel it. I looked it up yesterday. It might be on the chopping block and they'll keep the lame V show on.

Heather Mike Married 8/1/99 Mom to Charlotte Aug 04, Nov 06, and Katherine Oct 07
#185 of 207 Old 04-17-2010, 11:01 PM

Where was Simon (I was going to call him Charlie, too) this episode? I missed parts of it, but didn't see him.

I like the show, but hate how much they leave ya hanging every week. I'd almost rather wait and watch the episodes back to back at the end of the season - b/c I'm not patient enough to wait a week in between.

I hope it doesn't get canceled.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#186 of 207 Old 04-23-2010, 02:55 PM

last night was a good episode - I sat on the edge of the couch most of the time but that's me - I hate watching something where someone might get hurt - do it fast & take me by surprise OK but have a laser on someone the whole episode? nuh uh....

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#187 of 207 Old 04-23-2010, 05:17 PM

I really liked last night's episode too! I was worried that Demetri would somehow still get shot, but felt a lot of relief when we realized that there had been three shots in the picture. Now, if Janis's baby really is Dem's, this should get interesting! I still just cannot accept that Janis is the mole. I love her too much.

treehugger.gif NMY, uber-crunchy, college student, doula-in-training, health food store worker and future librarian read.gif

#188 of 207 Old 04-24-2010, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

I just watched it online, didn't get to watch it on Thursday. It had me rivited.

Did anybody else feel like checking their kids' copy of One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish for answers? How come Mark didn't just put the safety on the gun?

Heather Mike Married 8/1/99 Mom to Charlotte Aug 04, Nov 06, and Katherine Oct 07
#189 of 207 Old 04-26-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle View Post
I just watched it online, didn't get to watch it on Thursday. It had me rivited.

Did anybody else feel like checking their kids' copy of One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish for answers? How come Mark didn't just put the safety on the gun?
Glocks (the brand of gun that was) don't have safety locks.

Now, I couldn't understand why he didn't just hold back the hammer. If the hammer can't return back to strike the bullet, it wouldn't fire....but, it's a tv show, right?
#190 of 207 Old 04-27-2010, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cersha View Post
Glocks (the brand of gun that was) don't have safety locks.

Now, I couldn't understand why he didn't just hold back the hammer. If the hammer can't return back to strike the bullet, it wouldn't fire....but, it's a tv show, right?
Not a Glock. My dh (my firearms expert) and I watched it again in freeze frame. There are several close ups and the Glock logo was absent from where it should have been. It was not as boxy as a Glock either. Dh says that Glocks do not have spurred hammers either. But you're right, I couldn't see a safety on second viewing. And blocking the hammer would keep the gun from firing.

#191 of 207 Old 04-27-2010, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle View Post
Not a Glock. My dh (my firearms expert) and I watched it again in freeze frame. There are several close ups and the Glock logo was absent from where it should have been. It was not as boxy as a Glock either. Dh says that Glocks do not have spurred hammers either. But you're right, I couldn't see a safety on second viewing. And blocking the hammer would keep the gun from firing.
I stand corrected.

The other day, I told my DH about my post on this thread, and he very quickly informed me that it was NOT a Glock. I meant to come back and correct my post, but I forgot.
He also pointed out that a Glock wouldn't have that hammer. His opinion is that Mark's gun is a beretta..not that it really matters.
#192 of 207 Old 04-30-2010, 02:44 PM

So glad Janis isn't a true mole. They need to start talking about "her baby daddy" real soon. I really hope it's Demtri's
#193 of 207 Old 04-30-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by les7699 View Post
So glad Janis isn't a true mole. They need to start talking about "her baby daddy" real soon. I really hope it's Demtri's
me, too. We missed most of last night's episode, but I did see that part and it made me feel a lot better.

I think it's got to be his baby... can't wait to see how that plays out.

#194 of 207 Old 04-30-2010, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

I knew she wasn't a real mole.

Since when does being skinny and anemic warrent a trip to the perinatologist? Weight gain is not really critical in the first trimester and OBs can prescribe iron.

#195 of 207 Old 04-30-2010, 04:35 PM

I loved the episode tonight! Yay for Janis not being a real mole!

Also, it seems like that explains why she was having the ultrasound at night because there were some complications in her pregnancy.

Yes, they definitely need to talk about who the dad is.... is it just me or were they going in the direction of her having a stronger connection with Dimitri than they showed at first? It looked like he was flirting with her 2 years back.

What do you think about the savants? How did that guy survive? Do you think she's going to be the key because of that chemical that she talked about before in the flash forward? Can she do while not being married to Lloyd? ah, so many questions!
#196 of 207 Old 04-30-2010, 05:56 PM

i don't know they said it before but this time when they showed her flash back they said "it's only a partial abruption (sp?)" which would explain having a US at night - she'd have gone to the hospital for bleeding....

#197 of 207 Old 05-05-2010, 03:39 AM

So relieved that Janis is not a real mole. I was so disappointed that they would make her character the mole. What an interesting twist!! The Gabriel guy is creepy, especially because he reminds me of Sylar on Heroes. I'm excited to find out how and why Olivia's path has changed so much from what Gabriel says he sees in his FF's. And what sort of effect it has on the grand scheme of things. What's up with the blond chick that escaped from prison and killed Dyson Frost?? How did that all go down like that? It was too perfect...who is she exactly??

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#198 of 207 Old 05-05-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglevoice View Post
So relieved that Janis is not a real mole. I was so disappointed that they would make her character the mole. What an interesting twist!! The Gabriel guy is creepy, especially because he reminds me of Sylar on Heroes. I'm excited to find out how and why Olivia's path has changed so much from what Gabriel says he sees in his FF's. And what sort of effect it has on the grand scheme of things. What's up with the blond chick that escaped from prison and killed Dyson Frost?? How did that all go down like that? It was too perfect...who is she exactly??
Yeah, i wonder that too. I also wonder if he is really dead????? It seems weird that they would kill him off like that when there is so much more explaining to do.

On a positive note, I've seen some articles suggest that Flashforward might be saved for next year because it's relatively cheap to produce and it's had a good reception abroad, here's hoping!!!!!!
#199 of 207 Old 05-14-2010, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

Nothing much new last night. I'm looking forward to next week's episode though. I really want to see what happens when they catch up to the FF. Somehow I think Nicole and Bryce's FF's are going to be put on the back burner.

Entertainment Weekly is reporting that FF has been canceled. ABC has no comment. Hopefully another network will pick it up.

#200 of 207 Old 05-14-2010, 03:11 PM

That's a shame if it gets canceled. We need to re-watch last night because we were in and out of the house with the kids riding bikes and missed a lot of it.

#201 of 207 Old 05-14-2010, 04:21 PM

They announced today they indeed aren't renewing it!
UGH...I am so tired of watching shows getting into them having questions then BAM they're gone...kind of like Jericho few years back.

Proud Momma of 2 boys R(6) L(4) & finally a GIRL (5/29/10)
..Fused & Fabulous!
#202 of 207 Old 05-14-2010, 05:50 PM

Jericho was a great show. It didn't deserve to be canceled. Especially twice. LOL. However, I think Flash Forward did deserve to be canceled. They should have never had a hiatus. A show like that loses steam quickly once they come back from a long hiatus. I found myself falling asleep during the episodes during the second half of the season until I finally just canceled it from the DVR list. It just bored me. I really had high hopes for Flash Forward, but it fell short.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#203 of 207 Old 05-14-2010, 06:40 PM

I am really sad it is getting cancelled, and I totally agree with the hiatus as being a really bad thing for this show. I know quite a few people who were really into it before the break and then didn't start again when it came back on. My poor Dad bless his heart was such a big fan, but his memory couldn't take that big of a hiatus and he was just too confused
#204 of 207 Old 05-15-2010, 01:37 AM - Thread Starter

ITA about the hiatus. A long hiatus is a show killer. Especially in a time-sensitive show like FF.

#205 of 207 Old 05-21-2010, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Well, It looks like everything's falling into place for the FF moment. I think that Zoey is going to regret leaving Dem at the airport. I think that Simon poking the gun in Janis' abdomen may have caused the partial abruption that neccesetates the ultrasound.

I hope Mark stays in his jail cell overnight to stew on what he has done.

#206 of 207 Old 05-31-2010, 09:58 PM

i cant believe we havent discussed the finale yet.
i felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest the last 10 minutes! im so sad this show is most likely over. there could definitely be a second season now..

"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee
#207 of 207 Old 05-31-2010, 11:49 PM

I really hope it gets picked up!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page