Flash Forward - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 207 Old 09-25-2009, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The premire is tonight. I don't have tv that works so I can't watch it until tomorrow morning online. It seems like a great show. I watched a preview for it on Hulu. I can't wait until I get to see the whole pilot. It looks great.

Heather Mike Married 8/1/99 Mom to Charlotte Aug 04, Nov 06, and Katherine Oct 07
#2 of 207 Old 09-25-2009, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle View Post
The premire is tonight. I don't have tv that works so I can't watch it until tomorrow morning online. It seems like a great show. I watched a preview for it on Hulu. I can't wait until I get to see the whole pilot. It looks great.
I missed it because we were out last night but we will watch it tonight online. Looks really great!
#3 of 207 Old 09-25-2009, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

I watched it this morning. I can't wait for next week.

I don't think this is a spoiler so I won't hide it but did anyone else notice a billboard for Oceanic airlines in the background when the MILF guy (sorry, I'm bad with names) was complaining about his fiancee's choice of music. Nice tie-in to Lost.

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
I'm sure that the boy's father was the guy that Olivia will cheat with, but I also think that that was him at the baseball game in Detroit. The guy who didn't pass out like everybody else.

Also, what was up with the Kangaroo hopping in the streets.

Heather Mike Married 8/1/99 Mom to Charlotte Aug 04, Nov 06, and Katherine Oct 07
#4 of 207 Old 09-25-2009, 03:36 PM

omg i am sooo glad somebody posted a thread about this. i LOVED it!

and belle- i was thinking the same thing in your spoiler. the EXACT same thing. i bet thats it.

"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee
#5 of 207 Old 09-25-2009, 09:47 PM

am downloading it right now and SUPER excited to watch!
#6 of 207 Old 09-25-2009, 10:20 PM

OK, so I think it's safe to talk about the episode without spoiler tags since it has already aired...but that being said I really hope it doesn't turn into a show where they inch closer and closer to everyone's visions...but I think it will.
REALLY -- how do you not say to your 6 yo "that's a really pretty bracelet, and I'm going to put it on another day when I'm wearing more red" or WHATEVER!

Do SOMETHING to deviate from the flash you've seen!

I like the suggestion about the guy at the game!

I'll be watching this show and I really hope it can live up to the expectation.
#7 of 207 Old 09-26-2009, 12:57 AM

I've got it recorded on the DVR but haven't watched it yet. Has anybody else read the book? I really like Robert Sawyer's stuff, but I'm a little worried about being disappointed in the translation to the screen. It has been a while since the last time I read it, though, so I might not pick up on many changes unless the show inspires me to re-read it.

Lisa , mom to Isaac (9/1/03), Violet (6/19/06), Simon (10/9/09); wife to Eric ; handservant to Grace :
#8 of 207 Old 09-26-2009, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I enjoyed it

Hey Lost fans - did anyone else notice the "Oceanic Airlines" billboard at the beginning on the show when they were in their car doing surveillance?

I just really, really hope this show isn't as frustrating as Lost. I love Lost but, I think they went way too long without revealing some answers and a lot of people quit watching. In my own family - everyone was watching for the first few seasons but now, DH and I are the only remaining die hards :P
#9 of 207 Old 09-26-2009, 11:56 AM
Banned

I really, really liked this show. I'm wondering too about the kangaroo and that is an interesting theory about who was at the ballgame. I don't agree with putting off the little girl though, she was obviously very disturbed by what happened and it would have been cruel IMO to not accept her bracelet or her offer to put it on her dad's wrist. I think there are other ways they can alter their visions (if that's even possible, we don't know yet whether they have the ability to alter what they saw) without causing more distress for a child.
#10 of 207 Old 09-26-2009, 12:29 PM

Not sure about this show. Didn't you see a lot of it coming? And there were some pretty big gaps. Like, why would this one 3-person or whatever team of average FBI agents be asked to figure out this huge, global phenomenon. Shouldn't there be a huge international team of scientists working on it?
#11 of 207 Old 09-26-2009, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I didn't get the impression that they're the point people for the entire world. It seemed to me that their boss wanted them to take point for their local agency.
#12 of 207 Old 09-26-2009, 12:44 PM

My husband just mentioned that the kangaroo thing must tie into the Australia link, if there is a LOST connection.

Alyssa
Mama to Scott (USAF), Katie (18), Karlie (16), Kimmy (9), Klara (4.5), and Baby Khloe (2.5)
#13 of 207 Old 09-26-2009, 04:07 PM

I took Parks and Rec off my DVR because I am totally hooked on Flash Forward! It is so interesting!

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#14 of 207 Old 09-26-2009, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanine123 View Post
I don't agree with putting off the little girl though, she was obviously very disturbed by what happened and it would have been cruel IMO to not accept her bracelet or her offer to put it on her dad's wrist. I think there are other ways they can alter their visions (if that's even possible, we don't know yet whether they have the ability to alter what they saw) without causing more distress for a child.
I agree. I also don't think it wold be worth distressing a child who obviously saw something traumatic. "No more good days" would be pretty scary for a six year old.

#15 of 207 Old 09-26-2009, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alllyssa View Post
My husband just mentioned that the kangaroo thing must tie into the Australia link, if there is a LOST connection.
I thought about that too, but its kind of a stretch to tie it to Lost like that. It may have just been their way of saying "This is something you don't see every day" (At least in LA)

ETA: Ooh, I found this clip with the creators talking about the Kangaroo. http://www.hulu.com/watch/98141/flas...t-3#s-p1-st-i1 They said that it would be a recurring character and wouldn't answer the interviewer's question about whether the kangaroo tied into the mystery about what happened. He also said he got mugged by a kangaroo while visiting Australia.

#16 of 207 Old 09-26-2009, 10:44 PM

I think there might be something very reassuring to the characters to see things happen in real life that they saw when they flashed forward - like pieces of the puzzle coming together, things falling into place, somehow making you feel better that you ARE on the right track to where you are "supposed" to be in 6 months. So, I can see why he wore the bracelet from his daughter, and didn't just shove it in a pocket and forget about it.
#17 of 207 Old 09-26-2009, 10:47 PM

i loved seth mcfarlanes cameo.

"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee
#18 of 207 Old 09-27-2009, 12:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandamanda View Post
I don't know who Seth Mcfarlane is. So I wouldn't know him if I saw him.

#19 of 207 Old 09-27-2009, 09:15 AM

I'm curious what you guys think, though ... in 6 months when the FF happens wouldn't they either be prepared for it or atleast recognize that it is happening ... or our they consciousness travelling again into another place at that time?
#20 of 207 Old 09-27-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
As soon as I saw him I started cracking up and thinking, "great, Peter Griffin is in the FBI."

I loved the show! I'm totally hooked. The ending was super creepy.
#21 of 207 Old 09-27-2009, 10:12 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My theory about the kangaroo is that it is symbolic of Australian aboriginal beliefs about time.

I don't really have much knowledge, but my understanding is that they don't believe that time has to be linear. They believe all time is happening at once, and you can access any time if you have been taught how.

I'll be interested to see if I'm right.
#22 of 207 Old 09-27-2009, 10:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollyoxenfree View Post
My theory about the kangaroo is that it is symbolic of Australian aboriginal beliefs about time.

I don't really have much knowledge, but my understanding is that they don't believe that time has to be linear. They believe all time is happening at once, and you can access any time if you have been taught how.

I'll be interested to see if I'm right.
Interesting...

#23 of 207 Old 09-28-2009, 02:20 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonnc78 View Post
As soon as I saw him I started cracking up and thinking, "great, Peter Griffin is in the FBI."
Haha, I said that Brian was in the FBI.
#24 of 207 Old 09-28-2009, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Me too!

dd1 4/7/05 dd2 8/22/07 and b/g twins born 5/23/10
#25 of 207 Old 10-02-2009, 12:21 AM

i have to say i just love this show..

thoughts on tonights episode?

i am curious about one thing though.. what time did the visions take place? because it seemed like mark and olivias were at night, but the cupcake ladys was during the day, and also the ultrasound.. i mean itd have to be during the day right? she wouldnt be getting an u/s at 10 pm? i am just so confused haha.

#26 of 207 Old 10-02-2009, 07:38 AM

Quote:
i have to say i just love this show..

thoughts on tonights episode?

i am curious about one thing though.. what time did the visions take place? because it seemed like mark and olivias were at night, but the cupcake ladys was during the day, and also the ultrasound.. i mean itd have to be during the day right? she wouldnt be getting an u/s at 10 pm? i am just so confused haha.
I wondered the same thing last week about the ultrasound. You are right about the cupcake lady -- did she live in the same time zone? I'm assuming, she did...
#27 of 207 Old 10-02-2009, 09:54 AM

I forget where they are located. Oh wait, there was an ocean so probably LA. Yeah, if it was 10pm for the guy and his wife and the other guy was in a meeting across the globe at 6am, Janis (pregnant lady) would have to be somewhere else across the globe (and even that is far fetched).

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#28 of 207 Old 10-02-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanHippie View Post
I forget where they are located. Oh wait, there was an ocean so probably LA. Yeah, if it was 10pm for the guy and his wife and the other guy was in a meeting across the globe at 6am, Janis (pregnant lady) would have to be somewhere else across the globe (and even that is far fetched).
yeah.. the only real explanation is if she was in a hospital on bedrest or something and went in for an emergency ultrasound.. but she didn't look panicked and it was all casual with the "its a girl!" thing.. so who knows.

#29 of 207 Old 10-02-2009, 12:31 PM

Another good episode! I'm not letdown at all. They are doing a good job of giving me shivers at the last second of the episode.
"DGibbons is a bad man"...Oh my gosh, now the main character (what is his name again) has even more incentive to find out who did it, his own daughter is involved!!!

So that DGibbons woman is not who they are looking for? I think that those who did the flashforward purposefully set it up so she comes forward to FBI.
#30 of 207 Old 10-02-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
They are doing a good job of giving me shivers at the last second of the episode.
Same here! They do a really good job of getting us hooked - now I just REALLY want to know what happens next ep...and beyond!

One thing I know I do NOT want to happen - John Cho getting murdered. (don't want to spoil anything in case someone didn't watch last night so pls highlight)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page